PDA

View Full Version : For your entertainment - Pure Escapism

Corvus
2009-06-23, 06:03 AM
I, like many others, harbour what I refer to as delusions of authorhood. I've been writing as long as I can remember, every since I was very young.

I've always enjoyed writing and telling stories, but I've never really know how good it is. I have no idea where it sits on the scale from Twilight terrible to Lord of the Rings legendary. A lot of that has to do with the pessimistic side in my not wanting to know and not really ever sharing my work to find out.

However I decided to finally bite the bullet and see if I could find out. What I did was finish off some short stories (for a given value of finished) and post them on my website.

I then gave it them collectively the rather pretentious name Pure Escapism. I'd like to think the stories are done sort of like the pulps of old - nothing too serious or aiming for literary merit, but for fun and escapism.

Anyway, I though I'd link them here, allow people to read them, see what they think. Any feedback would be highly welcome.

They can be found to download at my Pure Escapism (http://mistandshadows.com/pure-escapism/) page on my website - it does need to be updated a bit, which is one of the jobs on my To Do list.

They are for the most part fantasy, though often with a difference than normal fantasy, ranging from stone age mythology creation stories, to ones set in the bronze age right through to fantasy with muskets and cannons, but also some more experimental, covering urban fantasy, sci-fi, and even some tragedy.

Anyway, I hope some people get some enjoyment out of it all - after all, it is what keeps us writing.

Corvus
2009-07-21, 04:59 AM
Hrm, no comments - not sure if that is a good or bad thing (though I'll go with good for now :))

Slowly been updating the page and adding a few more stories - up to ten now, and two parts of the start of an ongoing urban fantasy serial.

The site has been changed now, so you can get an idea what style the story is (and how long) before venturing in to read it.