PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Classic IX - GAME ON!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

banjo1985
2009-06-23, 06:14 AM
WEREWOLF CLASSIC IX – THE NEW MOON ESTATE

Conarrator - Mordokai!

Old Man Moon has died without making a will, leaving his surviving descendants to fight over his massive estate and Moon Mansion.
So, on July 6th, the family congregate at Moon Mansion, eager for a slice of the pie, but they get quite a surprise.
The solicitor of the New Moon Estate, Mr Grey, meets you all at the door,a slight smirk on his face.

"As you know, Mr Moon left no will pertaining to the ownership of his estate in the event of his untimely demise.
However, he did give me, the executor of the estate, instructions as to how ownership of the mansion and grounds should be decided."

Mr Grey pauses, for dramatic effect no doubt.

"I must say, it's a rather...esoteric way of making a decision, shocking almost.
What you must ask yourselves is, are you willing to bet your life on a game of Russain Roulette?
Because if not, I think you may want to reconsider your claim..."

Welcome to Werewolf Classic, the original WW game brought to the playground by DM77. Narration duties for this iteration fall squarely on my shoulders. In other words, if the game works well it's not my game, and if things go badly it's all my fault. :smalltongue:

For those who don’t know the rules/roles:

Roles

The Good Guys

Villager: You are a villager. Boy I wouldn’t wanna be you. You vote during the day to try and lynch the wolves, and at night you’re liable to get horribly slaughtered…good deal! You scry as a Villager.

Mason: You’re just a group of random guys that know each other. That doesn’t seem like much of a bonus, but it’s useful to have a trusted group of people around you so you don’t have to sleep with one eye open. You scry as a Mason.

Seer: You’re the guy or girl with the Magic 8 Ball that lets you see into the shrivelled dead hearts of others. Each night you can PM the narrator with a target to scry their role, Villager, Mason, Baner, Fool or Werewolf. The werewolves aren’t too pleased about that possibility, so you’re likely to be a target for them. The Fool will scry you as the Fool, while the Devil will scry you as the Seer.

Fool: You’re so clueless it’s almost cute. You get told you’re the Seer, so you can send in a scry every night to the narrator, but your 8 Ball is so busted you’ll get a completely random result. If you scry the Seer, he’ll always be the Fool to you.

Baner: Well aint you a lucky camper, you got yourself a rabbits foot! Didn’t turn out too lucky for the rabbit though…best not to think about that. Each night you can PM the narrator with a person you want to protect, including yourself. That night, if the werewolves come knocking they’ll go away empty handed. You scry as the Baner.

The Bad Guys

Werewolf: Aren’t these sheep just the tastiest things? During the day you wear their skin, walking, talking and voting just like regular folks. At night you turn into a crazed killing machine. As a group the wolves should send a PM to the narrator stating which unlucky villager is going to be their next meal, and they’ll be dead come morning. You scry as a Werewolf.

Devil: You don’t have a Magic 8 Ball. But you do have a second sight which lets you look into the hearts of others. You can scry at night just like the Seer. You’re first priority should probably be finding your fellow werewolves as you don’t start off knowing who they are. And we wouldn’t want them eating you by accident would we? You scry as a Werewolf.

Additional rules:

Autolynches: If you want to play the game, you’d best be sure you can consistently participate. If you don’t vote for two day phases you will be killed in the update in a humorous or horrible way, depending on the narrator’s mood. I’m not one for sending out warning PM’s, so ideally you should be able to check the thread at least every couple of days.

Away Messages: Some of you lucky people might have holidays planned. That’s fine; just post in thread or PM the narrator saying when you’ll be away. That way you won’t get autolynched, though some guy with a sense of humour might get you lynched anyway. Thems the breaks I guess.

Day/Night Phases: Day phases will last a 48-72 hours, and Nights 24-48. My advice is to get your actions in early so you don’t lose them.

Helgraf’s Scry Interference Rule is in play. Basically, if more than one scrier targets the same player during a night phase, neither gets a reading. See, way simpler than it’s sounds.

Role Claiming: Go ahead, there’s no rule against it. Using role PM’s to prove yourself is frowned upon however, as the PM’s that are sent will be put up in this post, so they’re no proof anyway.

Day 17 is underway and will end on Tuesday

Players 10/47

Aemoh - Lynched Day 8 - Villager
Alarra - Killed Night 6 - Mason
Andre Fairchilde - Killed Night 12 - Villager
Arb514/Lord Loss - Auto'd Day 3 - Villager
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bayar - Lynched Day 10 - Werewolf
Billtodamax
Blue Ghost - Lynched Day 14 - Werewolf
Darkcomet
DD the Cookiemonster - Killed Night 16 - Villager
Dirk Kris
Dragoon
Eaglewiz - Lynched Day 4 - Villager
Eldritch Knight - Lynched Day 6 - Devil
Evnafets - Killed Night 12 - Mason
Fin - Lynched Day 12 - Werewolf
Fleeing Coward - Killed Night 5 - Mason
Hap Hazard - Lynched Day 7 - Villager
Haruki-kun - Lynched Day 15 - Werewolf
Helgraf - Killed Night 2 - Villager
Hell Puppi - Lynched Day 9 - Villager
Hyozo - Killed Night 15 - Mason
Jontom Xire - Killed Night 4 - Villager
Kyouhen - Lynched Day 2 - Villager
Lex-Kat - Killed Night 13 - Mason
MOD - Killed Night 9 - Mason
Mrs Banjo - Lynched Day 13 - Werewolf
Murska
Mustiado - Killed Night 14 - Villager
Oddity - Killed Night 10 - Villager
Opeth Freak
PhantomFox - Killed Night 1 - Villager
Philistine - Lynched Day 16 - Werewolf
PirateMonk - Auto'd Day 3 - Villager
Pondshadow - Auto'd Day 2 - Villager
Quintis - Auto'd Day 2 - Mason
Reinholdt - Killed Night 3 - Villager
Selrahc
Shadow - Killed Night 8 - Mason
Smuchmuch - Lynched Day 5 - Villager
Supagoof - Lynched Day 3 - Villager
The Bookworm
The Phantom - Auto'd Day 8 - Villager
The Valiant Turtle - Lynched Day 1 - Villager
Thufir - Lynched Day 11 - Werewolf
Uncle Festy
Zar Peter Killed Night 7 - Villager

Alarra
2009-06-23, 07:17 AM
I'll play! :smallsmile:

Fin
2009-06-23, 07:40 AM
In, with Cake!

Zar Peter
2009-06-23, 08:16 AM
Damn damn damn!

I want to play but I'm on holidays from 4th July till 18th without any internet. :smallfrown:

banjo1985
2009-06-23, 08:25 AM
Damn damn damn!

I want to play but I'm on holidays from 4th July till 18th without any internet. :smallfrown:

You'd miss the first three days, at the most. You're welcome to play :smallsmile:

The Bookworm
2009-06-23, 08:30 AM
I'll play this too...

smuchmuch
2009-06-23, 08:36 AM
Interested too.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-23, 08:58 AM
Soooooooo in.

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-23, 09:03 AM
Definately in.

pondshadow
2009-06-23, 09:14 AM
In, with Bundt cake

Zar Peter
2009-06-23, 09:17 AM
You'd miss the first three days, at the most. You're welcome to play :smallsmile:

Then I sign up!

Quintis
2009-06-23, 09:46 AM
I'm definately in.

ThePhantom
2009-06-23, 10:57 AM
Sure, I'll be in.

Murska
2009-06-23, 11:12 AM
I'm playing, of course.

Kyouhen
2009-06-23, 11:16 AM
In. With pan cake.

PirateMonk
2009-06-23, 12:01 PM
Sure, in.

Opeth_Freak
2009-06-23, 12:58 PM
Sign me up, Scotty :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2009-06-23, 01:42 PM
Play I will.

Blue Ghost
2009-06-23, 01:49 PM
I'll throw in my lot too.

Mrs Banjo
2009-06-23, 02:03 PM
Peek a moo!:smallwink:

evnafets
2009-06-23, 03:48 PM
I can't NOT sign up for a Werewolf classic...

So sign me up!

Hyozo
2009-06-23, 03:57 PM
Sign me up for this.

MOD
2009-06-23, 05:13 PM
I'm In! Mwhahahahaha!

Mustiado
2009-06-23, 05:38 PM
In, as always sir.

EagleWiz
2009-06-23, 05:42 PM
Sign me up

Uncle Festy
2009-06-23, 07:50 PM
YESYESYESYESYESIN! :smallbiggrin:

Dragoon
2009-06-23, 07:52 PM
In, with... brownies, since I don't think I can make cake very well.

Hell Puppi
2009-06-23, 09:55 PM
...is there still room?

I have to warn you, this would be my first game of werewolf EVAR.

happyturtle
2009-06-23, 09:55 PM
I thought the last one was 8. I'm so confused and overbooked with werewolf games and behind on the schedule keeping.

In.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-23, 10:04 PM
...is there still room?

I have to warn you, this would be my first game of werewolf EVAR.

Yaay! :smallbiggrin:
Welcome, welcome!
And there's plenty of room – Banjo hasn't set a limit. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-06-23, 10:05 PM
Eh. In. I honestly don't know why I didn't sign up for the last one.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-23, 10:05 PM
I'm in.

billtodamax
2009-06-24, 01:04 AM
<: Is totally in

Aemoh
2009-06-24, 02:50 AM
In, says I.

Jontom Xire
2009-06-24, 04:30 AM
Definitely in.

banjo1985
2009-06-24, 06:30 AM
I thought the last one was 8. I'm so confused and overbooked with werewolf games and behind on the schedule keeping.

In.

What was that about 8? This thread has said 9 all the time....

You saw nothing :smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-06-24, 07:11 AM
I'll play! Dibs on being the seer!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-24, 07:13 AM
In. Also, this sunday was the first time I played RL WW, it was good.

Zar Peter
2009-06-24, 08:03 AM
What was that about 8? This thread has said 9 all the time....

You saw nothing :smalltongue:

Psst Banjo! I would change the signature line, too...

banjo1985
2009-06-24, 08:17 AM
There...now I'm completely covered and I didn't number anything wrong at all....I think. :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2009-06-24, 08:21 AM
In like Fin!

PhantomFox
2009-06-24, 04:55 PM
How'd I miss this? I'm in.

Thufir
2009-06-24, 06:55 PM
In with shortbread.
Damn, now I'm hungry.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-06-24, 09:23 PM
I in. Can't guarantee how active I'll be though.

>point at the wolf that is ZAR PETER

Can nobody change their names this time? Please?

Zar Peter
2009-06-25, 12:29 AM
I change my name to Peter Zar, please!

And I point at Andre Fairchilde, the owner of the Wolvebane.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-06-25, 07:17 AM
*points at that Andre Fairchilde, for that jab.

Thufir
2009-06-25, 10:46 AM
Oh, I should mention though, I may miss the first day due to being away July 6th - 8th.
In fact, in an odd coincidence, I'm going to be in Birmingham most of those 3 days.

Oddity
2009-06-29, 01:54 AM
Inses, this is going to be fun. :smallsmile:

Eldritch Knight
2009-06-30, 09:34 AM
After a sizably long hiatus from these boards, I have returned, and I will crush those who oppose me, with both ridiculously overpowered fireballs, and an overly enchanted blade. Stand with me, and we will be victorious!

(So yes, I'm most definatly in.)

Philistine
2009-06-30, 03:49 PM
Sign me up, if you would.

Lord Loss
2009-06-30, 06:20 PM
I'm defenitely in!

The Valiant Turtle
2009-06-30, 06:22 PM
I must be in!

Selrahc
2009-06-30, 08:10 PM
/Signs up.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-06-30, 08:18 PM
EDIT

Wow. This'll be a big game. 50 wolves players at between 10-20% wolves = between 5 and 10 wolves. Probably 7 at least. :smallconfused:

EDIT

(Thats what i get for typing one-handed while feeding the baby, sloppy postings.)

Philistine
2009-06-30, 10:24 PM
50 Wolves! :smalleek:

That would make for an epic game.

evnafets
2009-06-30, 10:57 PM
After a sizably long hiatus from these boards, I have returned, and I will crush those who oppose me, with both ridiculously overpowered fireballs, and an overly enchanted blade. Stand with me, and we will be victorious!

(So yes, I'm most definatly in.)

Either that or you'll get lynched on day 1. :smallbiggrin:
Welcome back EK.

hap_hazard
2009-07-01, 01:13 AM
In please. -wad...-

Shadow
2009-07-03, 01:12 AM
How can I not use Classic as the game to celebrate my triumphant return?!?!?

Well.... if you count getting my ass lynched on day three due to some ridiculous rule that shouldn't even exist to be "triumphant"....

Reinholdt
2009-07-03, 01:27 AM
WW game? In.

Zar Peter
2009-07-03, 05:59 AM
How can I not use Classic as the game to celebrate my triumphant return?!?!?

Well.... if you count getting my ass lynched on day three due to some ridiculous rule that shouldn't even exist to be "triumphant"....

Yeah! Shadow is back. Don't worry, I don't point at you till day 4....

And please don't autolynch me till 26.07.2009, I'm on holidays.

Helgraf
2009-07-03, 06:08 AM
Sign me up.

banjo1985
2009-07-03, 06:25 AM
Currently we have 47 players, good numbers, even for a Classic! Also great to see Shadow back. :smallbiggrin:

I'll probably run recruitment until Sunday, then give out roles ready for game start on Monday. I'll start the game in this same thread, I don't see the point in starting a fresh one.

Roughly 48 hours left to sign up.

Eldritch Knight
2009-07-03, 10:43 PM
Ah, Shadow, welcome back. I look forward to matching wits against you, (And everyone else, for that matter.) It shall be a duel of wits, to the death. (You should be glad I'm not Sicilian! :smallwink:)

happyturtle
2009-07-04, 01:34 AM
Have to drop out. Sorry. :smallfrown:

Bayar
2009-07-05, 09:31 AM
Last day Sing-me-up !

:biggrin:

banjo1985
2009-07-05, 12:51 PM

Role PMs and the opening post will hopefully appear tomorrow. I know I said today, but a friend of mine died this morning and 'm not really in the mood to talk about grisly wolf deaths. :smallfrown:

Fin
2009-07-05, 03:38 PM
Hey take your time Banjo, you have my condolences for your friend too!

banjo1985
2009-07-07, 04:34 AM
Sorry for the delay guys, I'm feeling a bit more myself now. :smallsmile:

Role PMs are going out as we speak, the game will start in 12 hours at the latest.

Jontom Xire
2009-07-07, 04:57 AM
Will there be a new thread for the game or are we re-using this one?

banjo1985
2009-07-07, 05:06 AM
All PMs have now been sent. If you haven't rec'd anything, get a piece of wood with a nail in it and hit me round the head a few times...that should get my attention. :smalltongue:

Game will start in this very thread, as soon as the opening post is up.

banjo1985
2009-07-07, 05:57 AM
Old Man Moon has died without making a will, leaving his surviving descendants to fight over his massive estate and Moon Mansion. So, on July 6th, the family congregate at Moon Mansion, eager for a slice of the pie, but they get quite a surprise.

The solicitor of the New Moon Estate, Mr Grey, meets you all at the door,a slight smirk on his face.

"As you know, Mr Moon left no will pertaining to the ownership of his estate in the event of his untimely demise. However, he did give me, the executor of the estate, instructions as to how ownership of the mansion and grounds should be decided."

Mr Grey pauses, for dramatic effect no doubt.

"I must say, it's a rather...esoteric way of making a decision, shocking almost. What you must ask yourselves is, are you willing to bet your life on a game of Russain Roulette? Because if not, I think you may want to reconsider your claim..."

At this the waiting family, friends and hangers on go into uproar.

“Are you saying we should forfeit our right to my grandfathers estate? Preposterous!”
“Russain Roulette…does this place have a clay pigeon shooting range?”
“I saw some pheasants on the way in…”
“If the old bugger hadn’t been so tight there wouldn’t be this problem…”

Mr Grey raises his hands out palms first, and slowly the assembled crowd quietens.

“I can assure you that nobody has to relinquish their claim if they don’t want to, I merely suggest that you may want to consider it. After all, what’s more important to you, your money or your life?”

The response is immediate.

“Money.”
“Money.”
“It’s all about da Benjamin’s y’all!”
“Money…is there anything else?”
“My wife? What’s she got to do with all this?”
“…Turn your hearing aid on Bernard.”
"What?! I can’t hear you, my hearing aid isn’t on!”

Mr Grey sighs.

“Very well. Mr Moon has bequeathed his estate to the last of his surviving relatives, out of those who have attended today.”

“But that will take years!”
“That’s age discrimination that is. I’d sue him if he wasn’t in the ground already…”

The smile on Mr Grey’s face stopped the growing anger in a heartbeat. It wasn’t at all pleasant.

“Oh no, it will only take a few weeks, Mr Moon has seen to that. You see, way back in his ancestry, Mr Moon has werewolf blood, and the strain has continued throughout the family right up until this day. Of course, Mr Moon was not a werewolf himself, but several of you will most likely find out that you are when the moon rises over this estate. Mr Moons request is simple. You will all remain within the grounds of the estate until there is a definite victor; those of you that are human, or those with something of the night about you. The victors will be granted custody of this estate and all of Mr Moon’s worldly assets and affairs.”

A shocked silence falls across the crowd. Could some of them really be werewolves? A guttural howl rises from a copse of trees behind the mansion, and several people jump, the rest throwing fearful glances around the grounds.

“I think you had better come inside, the Moon will be up soon.”

The relatives of Old Man Moon funnel through the old oak door and into the luxurious vaulted reception area. Mr Grey stands in the doorway, the same unpleasant smile playing across his features.

“There are more than enough rooms to house you all, and the larder is fully stocked. There are several games rooms for billiards, darts and the like, and there are tennis courts and croquet lawns outside. There is indeed a clay pigeon shoot outside, a swimming pool, and an observatory up in the loft. The more learned amongst you may also like to peruse Mr Moon’s rather large occult library. Goodbye ladies and gentleman, I shall return to crown the victor!”

Mr Grey leaves everyone in the reception room to think about the coming days. Who’s going to want to play croquet when there may be wolves amongst them? Is the estate and all this money really worth it?

Of course it bloody is! Now get voting! :tongue:

Day 1 begins now and will end on Friday. A tally of living players will be kept on the 1st Page of this thread for player reference.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-07, 06:02 AM
Welcome back to werewolf Shadow:smallbiggrin:

Oddity
2009-07-07, 06:29 AM
Hot diggity dog!
Haruki-kun

Jontom Xire
2009-07-07, 06:41 AM
Just when I was starting to get bored of voting for Murska on day one, he did something that will have me giving him day one points for a lot longer still. Muhahahahahaha!! Revenge is sweet.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-07, 06:57 AM
A crotchety old man, Bernard, Mr. Moon's youngest brother, tromps around the estate, muttering under his breath in typical old-man fashion. "Unbelievable. First my hearing aid starts giving me trouble, now this? I bet that young whipper snapper Oddity has something to do with it!"

((random))

smuchmuch
2009-07-07, 07:05 AM
This is the first day.
There is only one fair way to choose: complete randomness.

"Am I the only who think Reinholdt should put a shirt on ?"
said Old man Moon second degree little cousin.

Murska
2009-07-07, 07:40 AM
And that means I can counterpoint at Jontom Xire a lot longer. :smallbiggrin:

Fin
2009-07-07, 07:51 AM
Andre Fairchilde get the 'Wolfs Bane' open, I want a drink!

Eldritch Knight
2009-07-07, 08:20 AM
Evnafets seems suspicious enough to me.

Aemoh
2009-07-07, 08:23 AM
Zar Peter, I choose you!

AKA, day 1 random :smallamused:

Alarra
2009-07-07, 08:37 AM
Welcome back to werewolf Shadow:smallbiggrin:

Aww, come on...It's not day 3 yet. Fleeing Coward :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2009-07-07, 11:37 AM
10 votes already, and all against different people? Who am I to start a bandwagon?
Random point at The Phantom

Murska
2009-07-07, 11:39 AM
I hereby declare intent to vote at the first person to put a second vote on someone. :smallbiggrin:

The Valiant Turtle
2009-07-07, 11:42 AM
Oh fine, I'll be the first to be the second to point at someone and that might as well be the third person pointed at which was... Murska. Ugh, I do hate to get involved in these little point wars. I'll point at JX tomorrow.

Edit: No, Murska's post wasn't there when I started this, but that somehow works out anyway. It's kinda freaky though.

ThePhantom
2009-07-07, 11:59 AM
"Zzzzz. Zzzzz. Come on. Zzzzzz. Granny needs a Zzzzz."

Granny Vil, one of Mr. Moon sister-in-laws, is still asleep on the chair where she sat down on in the reception area.

"Zzzz. Jontom Xire. Zzzz."

Murska
2009-07-07, 12:10 PM
Oh fine, I'll be the first to be the second to point at someone and that might as well be the third person pointed at which was... Murska. Ugh, I do hate to get involved in these little point wars. I'll point at JX tomorrow.

Edit: No, Murska's post wasn't there when I started this, but that somehow works out anyway. It's kinda freaky though.

And, as promised, The Valiant Turtle.

Supagoof
2009-07-07, 12:26 PM
Hah! Werewolves? Are you all blinking mad? That Old Man Moon is laughing in his grave at us. He's trying to get us all to turn against each other. There is no more proof of werewolves then there is the loch ness monster!

Have you seen this? Says a boy, holding up a newspaper clipping.

Loch Ness Monster captured on Film! Video now being swept through youtube as undeniable documentation that Nessie is in fact real. Teams of investigators have flooded the area, only to find that the once shy sea serpeant now makes regular appearances daily to say hi. What caused this change of events is unknown, but when it is known, the daily times will be the first one there to find out!

Well thanks for that! Hey, you. Miss Alarra isn't it? You think just because you married into the Moon family that you get to claim some inheritance? Don't think that child in your belly has any more right than you do!

Hell Puppi
2009-07-07, 12:46 PM
Let's point at Fin because I don't think he's been pointed at.

Werewolves, hmmmm? *slips on some more silver jewelry* I'd much prefer vampires, but take what you can get, I suppose.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-07, 12:52 PM
Murska. Because he's dangerous.

Kyouhen
2009-07-07, 01:43 PM
I'm gunna go with an anti-Murska-bandwagon bandwagon and see if I can start one against The Valiant Turtle. :smallbiggrin:

Mrs Banjo
2009-07-07, 02:40 PM
"Ok where's the en-suite with the walk-in wardrobe? That's mine!"

Mr Moons niece goes barrelling up the stairs, pushing Murska out of the way.

Helgraf
2009-07-07, 03:15 PM
"Let's chase off all fleeing cowards up front; should narrow the field nicely, wot wot?"

((Also, leaving for convention tomorrow, won't be back til late Sunday. Please to not autolynch.))

MOD
2009-07-07, 03:19 PM
As always the random dice say I should point at Bayar.

Blue Ghost
2009-07-07, 04:08 PM
Changing my point to Murska because he's dangerous. And kudos to Helgraf for saying "wot wot". I gotta start saying that more often.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-07-07, 04:10 PM
Andre announces from the open double door "The Bar is OPEN!"

Fin
2009-07-07, 04:50 PM
Fin rushes in mumbling something that sounds like...

Drinkdrinkdrinkdrinkdrinkdrinkdrink

Uncle Festy
2009-07-07, 04:54 PM
A scrawny, bespectacled twentysomething wanders into the bar. "One Magewesier, please."

Murska
2009-07-07, 04:58 PM
"My life! My life! My life is more important than the estate! Why won't they let me OUT! Now they're going to lynch me!"

Hell Puppi
2009-07-07, 05:25 PM
A woman wanders slowly up to the bar, glancing around at the odd collection of people stuck in the house with her.

"Rum and coke please. Diet coke if you can manage." She waits for a response and tells no one in particular: "This is getting very Stephen King already."

Andre Fairchilde
2009-07-07, 05:58 PM
"One Bacardi 151 and a dying coke.

One Mageweiser, heavy on the Wise. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJHni9uNP4g)

And seven shots of Jagermeister for Fin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Jw62rXFho&NR=1)."

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-07, 06:23 PM
*Goes to the Jukebox*

*Gets the coin*

*Selects 'Random from Korpiklaani, that's about drinking* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIc4VHxU7iM)

*Goes back to the bar*

"Allright... Now I'm in a mood for drinking. Bartender! Let's start from good old Guiness!"

Reinholdt
2009-07-07, 06:37 PM
smuchmuch needs to learn that Reinholdt is a cat. Butler's the one without a shirt. Clearly.

Philistine
2009-07-07, 07:52 PM
"There'sh a bar?" Phil slurs, stumbling off the stairs. "There'sh a bar! Oh, jeesh - all this time I been drinkin' in my room!"

(( Murska might not be a wolf - I heard that happened once. Once. :smallbiggrin:

But on the whole, I have to agree with Alarra that it's too soon to lynch Shadow. So, Fleeing Coward it is. ))

Hyozo
2009-07-07, 08:15 PM
Hey Banjo, Is the 25% rule in play?

Harold "Yozo" Moon grimaces at Andre Fairchilde's bar, and wanders the house looking for the billiard room.

PhantomFox
2009-07-07, 08:16 PM
Alright, let's get this started with... Aemoh!

Dragoon
2009-07-07, 08:21 PM
Cats, he hated cats, got hair everywhere and people thought that it was a good thing. They were crazy, crazy I say, as the man stares at Reinholdt.

Shadow
2009-07-07, 09:12 PM
I haven't even looked at the player list yet, so I'll go with Dragoon for posting above me.

Reinholdt
2009-07-07, 09:14 PM
I haven't even looked at the player list yet, so I'll go with Dragoon for posting above me.
We all remember how that worked out in that Carnival of Fun. :smalltongue:

Shadow
2009-07-07, 09:16 PM
We all remember how that worked out in that Carnival of Fun. :smalltongue:

That *was* pretty cool....

Lex-Kat
2009-07-07, 09:34 PM
You mean..... Fun House? :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Hyozo
2009-07-07, 09:48 PM
I remember that. If I had phrased my suspicion differently I would have won. Instead I got lynched for it and all hell immediately broke loose.

Kyouhen
2009-07-08, 12:16 AM
I remember that. If I had phrased my suspicion differently I would have won. Instead I got lynched for it and all hell immediately broke loose.

Is it can be story tiem now?:smalltongue:

Haruki-kun
2009-07-08, 01:13 AM
First day point at PhantomFox!

banjo1985
2009-07-08, 04:37 AM
Hey Banjo, Is the 25% rule in play?

25% rule is not in play. There will be a lynch, no matter how many votes we get.

I'm a fan of the 25% rule in general, but I couldn't find any evidence of it ever being used in Classic, and I didn't want to mess with the formula.

Selrahc
2009-07-08, 04:52 AM
Is it can be story tiem now? :smalltongue:

About Funhouse? Funhouse was a werewolf game with no werewolves, but the players didn't know that. A random proportion of the players were assassins, and despite a right fancy role list cobbled together from games far and wide across the board I think pretty much everyone else was a villager.

Shadow and I think possibly Goof didn't sign up but got drafted in by the narrators to help in the stunt, pointing at people, starting bandwagons and counter bandwagons, posting role claims and generally causing chaos.

Eventually it was discovered that Shadow wasn't playing after the villagers massively bandwagoned him and didn't get a lynch. Everyone was sounding puzzled and getting angry at Shadow for wasting their time. Eventually then the narrators stepped in to clear things up.

There had never been any wolves so the objective of the game was merely to work out that you were in a funhouse and the threat was never real. The werewolves and monsters were all make believe, and some of the people in the group touring the show were plants from the stage crew.

It was a pretty controversial game. A lot of people enjoyed it, some were a bit irate at having wasted so much time on a practical joke. I thought it was funny, but then again I was just a sideline observer.

Murska
2009-07-08, 05:37 AM
And none of the assassins, of whom I was one, ever killed anyone. :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2009-07-08, 05:57 AM
There were assassins and two fools (I was one of the fools) - everyone else was a villager.

Also, going to convention, won't be back online until Monday, please do not autolynch.

hap_hazard
2009-07-08, 06:38 AM
Hyozo? Think the billiard room's in the other direction.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-08, 06:43 AM
Sitting down at the bar, Dallas glances at the shouting madman who is being mobbed.
He casually greets Andre.
Long time no see, don't you agree? Hit me up with some White Sambucca, would ya?
As Murska is being mobbed to death a newbie who he'd never seen before walks in.
Hey you, I don't remember you. Who were your parents? You know, so I can put you down on the family tree. I have a bad feeling I'm going to be awfully busy updating the thing in the upcoming weeks...Wait.... Uncle Festy was it? How did they add the uncle part? I don't remember you having any siblings who are parents....

Dirk Kris
2009-07-08, 07:04 AM
Crotchety old Bernard wanders in and takes a seat at the bar. "I'll take a hot mug of Metamucil. And whiskey."

Hyozo
2009-07-08, 07:13 AM
Shadow and I think possibly Goof didn't sign up but got drafted in by the narrators to help in the stunt, pointing at people, starting bandwagons and counter bandwagons, posting role claims and generally causing chaos.

It was Shadow and Indurian.

There had never been any wolves so the objective of the game was merely to work out that you were in a funhouse and the threat was never real. The werewolves and monsters were all make believe, and some of the people in the group touring the show were plants from the stage crew.

On the last day before it all fell apart, I said something to the effect of "There haven't been any night kills, do we even know there are any wolves at all? I suggest no lynch until something actually happens." However, due to the possibility of a cult, most of the people who didn't point at either of the plants pointed at me instead, and I ended up getting lynched instead of either of them, setting off aforementioned "everything falling apart" since both of them had more points than I did.

While others might claim otherwise, I thought it was a fun game.

Murska
2009-07-08, 07:13 AM
Murska escapes from the lynch mob into the bar. "Well, if I'm gonna die, I want a last drink. Something strong, please."

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-08, 07:36 AM
Opeth turned his head to the newest guest - Murska.

Hmmm... Something strong you say... That's a great idea! It's time to mix the beer with vodka, to spend the rest of the night, throwing up in the bathroom! Bartender! Give us Polish Vodka!"

"While we're waiting for vodka, tell me my good friend... Who's trying to kill you?"

Murska
2009-07-08, 07:47 AM
Murska, sitting with his back against the door, holding it closed, points above his shoulder at the mob and especially the five people most out for his blood. "Those guys."

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-08, 08:00 AM
"You mean, The Valiant Turtle? Bastard... Oh hey look, it's our vodka!"

Opeth passed the glass to his new drinking friend.

"There is no vodka, without any toast. What should we drink for?"

Murska
2009-07-08, 08:07 AM
"Let's drink to ol' Moon, this prank and most importantly our continued survival?"

Murska grabs his glass and manages to avoid spilling any even as a strong blow to the door almost unbalances him.

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-08, 08:25 AM
"Fine! From my side, I'll add the money to our toast as well! Let's knock our glasses!"

Oddity
2009-07-08, 08:36 AM
Oddity was an odd little kid.
He didn't fit anywhere, under any normal circumstances.
Today was his lucky day though, everybody was so drunk, they didn't notice that he was only pretending to be drunk ((are you kidding me kids can't drink)).
He ran around in circles with an empty glass in one hand and a fake cigarette in the other.
"WOOOO WOOOO, CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA, WOOO WOOO".
Nobody seemed to notice the horrible impression they had made on this young mind.

Murska
2009-07-08, 08:52 AM
"Toast!"

Murska leans forward, raising his glass, just as The Valiant Turtle smashes into the door hard from behind him. He flies from the chair but miraculously catches every single drop of the precious liquid back into his glass from midair. He quickly gets back up and blocks the door again.

"Sorry about that..."

Kyouhen
2009-07-08, 09:21 AM
About Funhouse? Funhouse was a werewolf game with no werewolves, but the players didn't know that. A random proportion of the players were assassins, and despite a right fancy role list cobbled together from games far and wide across the board I think pretty much everyone else was a villager.

Eventually it was discovered that Shadow wasn't playing after the villagers massively bandwagoned him and didn't get a lynch. Everyone was sounding puzzled and getting angry at Shadow for wasting their time. Eventually then the narrators stepped in to clear things up.

It was a pretty controversial game. A lot of people enjoyed it, some were a bit irate at having wasted so much time on a practical joke. I thought it was funny, but then again I was just a sideline observer.

Wow that sounds awesome. Wish I had been in there. :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2009-07-08, 09:55 AM
((It was awesome. It quite possibly was one of the most brilliant games I ever played - because it took the standard WW rules and ignored them. You know - these dumb ones....

{table]3rd person to point starts a bandwagon. People who start bandwagons are wolves.
If Shadow is alive after day 3 - he's a wolf.
Murska is always a wolf.
If Mustiado is involved in roleplay, he's probably a wolf.
Hey, the new guy must be a wolf, let's lynch him right away.
If you're on the list, you must be a wolf.
If you're not on the list, you must be a wolf.
That way that someone played back in game whatever is the same way they are playing now, and that means they are a wolf.
First person to lynch a villager must be a wolf.
If you are asking to be scried, then you must be the alpha wolf.
If you didn't join the bandwagon, you must be a wolf.
If you did join the bandwagon, you must be a wolf.
If you gave a reason for lynching someone and that reason was right, you must be a wolf.
If you gave a reason for lynching someone and that reason was wrong, you must be a wolf.
If you didn't give a reason for lynching someone, then you must be a wolf.
If you refer to yourself in the 3rd person, then you must be a wolf.
If it's the 2nd Tuesday of the month, then you must be a wolf.
If the seers dead, then you must be a wolf.
If the seers alive, then you must be a wolf.
Etc.....
[/table]
:biggrin:))

Uncle Festy
2009-07-08, 10:01 AM
Hey you, I don't remember you. Who were your parents? You know, so I can put you down on the family tree. I have a bad feeling I'm going to be awfully busy updating the thing in the upcoming weeks...Wait.... Uncle Festy was it? How did they add the uncle part? I don't remember you having any siblings who are parents....

Festy nods to Dallas. "Yeah, that's me. My brother's a decade or so older then I am, but he split soon as he heard what was going on. Me? I figure, I've got nothing else going for me, why not go for the gold?" He glares at the door as The Valiant Turtle slams into it. "Sheesh, some people can't calm down…" he mutters, throwing back his drink and slamming the glass on the counter. "Another of the same… Andre was it?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-07-08, 12:24 PM
((It was awesome. It quite possibly was one of the most brilliant games I ever played - because it took the standard WW rules and ignored them. You know - these dumb ones....

{table]3rd person to point starts a bandwagon. People who start bandwagons are wolves.
If Shadow is alive after day 3 - he's a wolf.
Murska is always a wolf.
If Mustiado is involved in roleplay, he's probably a wolf.

If the seers dead, then you must be a wolf.
If the seers alive, then you must be a wolf.
EXACHIX IS ALWAYS A WOLF!!
WOLVES SHOULD ALWAYS EAT THES HUNTER!!
[/table]
:biggrin:))

(Huzzah, Goof! Well said. Oh and I point at Hyozo because I know he's playing in other games right now. At least I think he is.)

Mrs Banjo
2009-07-08, 12:37 PM
Oddity was an odd little kid.
He didn't fit anywhere, under any normal circumstances.
Today was his lucky day though, everybody was so drunk, they didn't notice that he was only pretending to be drunk ((are you kidding me kids can't drink)).
He ran around in circles with an empty glass in one hand and a fake cigarette in the other.
"WOOOO WOOOO, CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA, WOOO WOOO".
Nobody seemed to notice the horrible impression they had made on this young mind.

Ah, hang on, not everybody's drunk, but come to think of it, now i have secured the best room in the house a vodka and orange wont go a miss. I'll get first round, what are you having? :smallwink:

Bayar
2009-07-08, 02:17 PM
MOL. Because of Objection !

Andre Fairchilde
2009-07-08, 07:02 PM
Has anyone seen Fleeing Coward? I have a question about all these Fosters on his tab. There's no way one person could have 48 in a two hour period.

Reinholdt
2009-07-08, 07:26 PM
@ Goof:
But... but... Murska is always a wolf! Always!
Is not dumb.
Now lynching Reinholdt ever. That's dumb. :smallwink: :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-07-08, 08:11 PM
Oddity stops and looks curiously at the woman.
(he had no idea what any of the drinks were)
"DRINK DRINK DRINK"

Then he continued to run around in circles, his logic being that someone had actually acknowledged him because of this.

Alarra
2009-07-08, 08:50 PM
*mutters* why do people always follow me? *changes point to Eldritch Knight*

And yay! People liked funhouse! :smallbiggrin:

evnafets
2009-07-08, 10:44 PM
evnafets points at Kyouhen and then runs off to play hide and seek.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 11:08 PM
And yay! People liked funhouse! :smallbiggrin:
Well, I won't lie and claim I liked Funhouse, but it was the inspiration for Assassins.

So, all-in-all, I do think it was one of the best games I've ever played. :smallamused:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-08, 11:54 PM
Let's make this interesting shall we Murska?
As long as you don't point at me, I'll point at myself today :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward

Blue Ghost
2009-07-09, 12:02 AM
Interesting indeed! Everyone point at Fleeing Coward, wot wot?

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 12:07 AM
Interesting indeed! Everyone point at Fleeing Coward, wot wot?

Now to introduce my theory.
Since Murska is a wolf due to the constant, and I'm the alternate bandwagon, by pointing at me, Blue Ghost must be trying to save a fellow wolf from getting lynched. Therefore, Blue Ghost must be a wolf :smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2009-07-09, 12:15 AM
Since Murska is a wolf due to the constant, and I'm the alternate bandwagon, by pointing at me, Blue Ghost must be trying to save a fellow wolf from getting lynched. Therefore, Blue Ghost must be a wolf :smallbiggrin:

By golly, that logic is impeccable! Blue Ghost must be a wolf!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 12:21 AM
Okay, so if I point at Blue Ghost now, or Fleeing Coward, then I'm a wolf? :smallconfused:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 12:23 AM
Okay, so if I point at Blue Ghost now, or Fleeing Coward, then I'm a wolf? :smallconfused:

Of course you are, you even admitted it :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 12:28 AM
Yay!!! Lynch me!! We found a wolf!!

Silly wolf, shouldn't admit to being a wolf. :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 12:30 AM
See he even admitted to it. I just found 3 wolves on the first day :smallwink:

OK, now that I got Murska out of lynch trouble, I'm switching to The Valiant Turtle to put him in the lead :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-07-09, 02:16 AM
Hmm. I don't quite see your motivation but...

Murska raises another glass. "To that crazy Fleeing Coward who just tackled the mob after me and got them off my back!"

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-09, 02:26 AM
"Hooray!"

Opeth drank another shot of vodka. His vision was already blurry, and his stomach felt like a roaring ocean during the storm.

"Wheee... This is super fu*burp*n... Oh dear... anything more, and I'm a goner, I guess... Meh, who cares. More vodka please!

Blue Ghost
2009-07-09, 11:52 AM
See he even admitted to it. I just found 3 wolves on the first day :smallwink:

OK, now that I got Murska out of lynch trouble, I'm switching to The Valiant Turtle to put him in the lead :smalltongue:

Looks like you found 4 wolves, eh Fleeing Coward?

Haruki-kun
2009-07-09, 01:23 PM
Oh no! We're so stupid! We're all wolves and we didn't know it! :smalleek:

The narrator's tricking us! It's the Reverse Funhouse Effect!

Kyouhen
2009-07-09, 01:29 PM

Shouldn't we all start pointing at ourselves then? :smallconfused:

banjo1985
2009-07-09, 02:38 PM

Damn you found me out! :smalltongue:

Day ends in roughly 18 hours. A vote summery will be editted into this post shortly.

38/47 votes in:

The Valiant Turtle - 5 (will lynch due to getting 5th vote first)
Fleeing Coward - 5
Murska - 3
Andre Fairchilde - 2
Hyozo - 2
Reinholdt - 2

Shadow
2009-07-09, 03:17 PM
I gotta tell ya, I'm tempted to lynch Blue Ghost just for changing his vote like 60 friggin times.

Thufir
2009-07-09, 04:35 PM
I gotta tell ya, I'm tempted to lynch Blue Ghost just for changing his vote like 60 friggin times.

Meh. I've seen worse. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113454)
(After clicking that link, look through Kyouhen's points for the first 2 days before we lynched him)
Of course, the lack of annoyance on my part may just be because I haven't started filling in my spreadsheet yet...

Haruki-kun
2009-07-09, 04:59 PM
Shouldn't we all start pointing at ourselves then? :smallconfused:

I'm not sure.... is that common wolf behavior?

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure.... is that common wolf behavior?

You have a pretty good chance of killing a wolf when I do it :smallbiggrin:
This just isn't one of those times :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-07-09, 05:07 PM
Cutting it a bit close there fleeing coward?
5 for 5... yikes

Andre Fairchilde
2009-07-09, 06:46 PM
Andre, overwhelmed with the drink orders, immediatly hires three bartenders at random... Supagoof, Shadow, and Alarra.

"Next up on stage, Emerald Rose and her very, uh.. exotic dancers!"

The Valiant Turtle
2009-07-09, 06:49 PM
I guess I may as well Defensive point at Fleeing Coward now.

Oddity
2009-07-09, 06:51 PM
Andre, overwhelmed with the drink orders, immediatly hires three bartenders at random... Supagoof, Shadow, and Alarra.

"Next up on stage, Emerald Rose and her very, uh.. exotic dancers!"

((There's a kid running around over here...))

Andre Fairchilde
2009-07-09, 06:54 PM
(Don't worry, we have parental controls on. Everything is blurred out.

And the last kid I saw in WW Classic (evil look at lil' Evie :smallfurious:) was a wolf that peed all over the Wolves Bane and threw my head on the floor.)

Oddity
2009-07-09, 07:00 PM
((Is that supposed to mean I'm evil?))

Oddity does a handstand, balancing a glass on each foot.
Then he starts running around in circles again.
someone hit him... (Naptime)

smuchmuch
2009-07-09, 07:59 PM
smuchmuch needs to learn that Reinholdt is a cat
Ahah ! You just admited that you were a furry creature with a taste for hunting and a tendency to play with it's preys. I'm on to you, pal !

Changing my vote to Fleeing Coward.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 08:24 PM
I knew I shouldn't have pointed at myself for fun, it always turns out this way.

Mason here

Reinholdt
2009-07-09, 08:27 PM
Ahah ! You just admited that you were a furry creature with a taste for hunting and a tendency to play with it's preys. I'm on to you, pal !

Changing my vote to Fleeing Coward.
Admit it?
I proudly display the fact in my sig, in my avatars, and in my general actions!
And my tails. :smallbiggrin:

The Valiant Turtle then. Though I'd prefer Murska myself. :smalltongue:

^ You'd think you'd learn if it always turns out this way then... wouldn't you? :smallconfused:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 08:29 PM
You'd think you'd learn if it always turns out this way then... wouldn't you? :smallconfused:

You'd think so but no, I just keep doing that whenever I get really bored :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-07-09, 08:45 PM
((Well I can't say no to a mason, The Valiant Turtle
smuchmuch: why not vote for said furrymeister?))

Oddity runs into a wall and knocks himself out. That's him till tomorrow.

Shadow
2009-07-09, 08:50 PM
OK, so would any mason like to step up and call FC's bluff?
If not, I know who I'll be baning tonight.
Erm.... I mean.... dammit!

Get the point there, Mr. Baner?

If someone does come forward to dispute it, we'll lynch FC today and see if we need to lynch the other party or not tomorrow.

Win/win.

Reinholdt
2009-07-09, 08:52 PM
OK, so would any mason like to step up and call FC's bluff?
If not, I know who I'll be baning tonight.
Erm.... I mean.... dammit!

Get the point there, Mr. Baner?

If someone does come forward to dispute it, we'll lynch FC today and see if we need to lynch the other party or not tomorrow.

Win/win.
Yeah. I got it. Thanks. :smallsmile:

Shadow
2009-07-09, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I'll be protecting myself. I never was much of a team player, ya know?

Murska
2009-07-09, 08:56 PM
Ah, okay, so protect Fleeing Coward was it? Why do I need to protect him...

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 09:05 PM
I didn't ask for protection from the night kill and I don't intend to.
If any wolf wants to step forward to get me lynched today, you're more than welcome to :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 09:16 PM
Valiant Turtle

PirateMonk
2009-07-09, 09:39 PM
"Huh? What-" A young man in a faded maroon suit, who had until recently been dozing on the couch, awakens and looks around. With a sigh, he walks into Andre's bar and sits down.

((The Valiant Turtle.))

Kyouhen
2009-07-09, 11:45 PM
Meh. I've seen worse. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113454)
(After clicking that link, look through Kyouhen's points for the first 2 days before we lynched him)
Of course, the lack of annoyance on my part may just be because I haven't started filling in my spreadsheet yet...

Wooo! I'm famous! I wonder if I should start trying for a Kyouhen constant... :smallbiggrin:

Also I'll contest FC's claim of mason. Just to see what happens.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 11:50 PM
Wooo! I'm famous! I wonder if I should start trying for a Kyouhen constant... :smallbiggrin:

Quoting before Kyouhen decides to change his mind :smallamused:

Shadow
2009-07-10, 01:06 AM

Just to see what happens?!?

Scenario 1:
Kyouhen is a wolf and FC is a mason. The wolves decided that a 1 for 1 trade on days 1 and 2 was acceptable. A bad decision, to say the least.
--1a: We lynch FC. He turns out to be telling the truth. We lynch Kyouhen tomorrow. Possible.
--1b: We lynch Kyouhen. He turns out to be a wolf. This gives us ZERO information on FC's claim. After all, he could be saving a fellow wolf and also attempting to clear his name. Possible.

Scenario 2:
FC is a wolf and Kyouhen is a mason. The masons decided that outing one of their own to get a wolf was acceptable. A good decision.
--2a: We lynch FC. He turns out to be a wolf, giving us ZERO information on Kyouhen's claim. This could be an attempt to force the masons out into the open. Not likely, as the cost is not worth the gain.
--2b: We lynch Kyouhen. He turns out to be a mason. We lynch FC tomorrow, regardless of whether he actually is a wolf or not. Possible.

Scenario 3: Either FC or Kyouhen (or both) are villagers. By Kyouhen's statement (about wanting to see what happens) leads me to personally believe in the possibility that he's fishing, trying to make the game more interesting. This is a problem for me. The problem is that it's only day 1. No good information will come of this at a point this early in the game.

Scenario 1 is a bad decision, making it unlikely.
Scenario 2 is a good decision, making it more plausible.
Scenario 3 is just screwed.

Of the good decision that is scenario 2, one choice is more likely than the other.

I'm changing my point (for all the good it'll do this late....) to Kyouhen.

Edit:
And yes, I realize that I may be calling for the death of a mason.
Look at the options.
Unfortunately, it's the smart play here.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-10, 01:12 AM
Probably way too late but I've got a 2 vote buffer so I'll give this a try.

Kyouhen

Alarra
2009-07-10, 01:28 AM
The 'just to see what happens' in his post makes it sound unlikely that Kyouhen actually is a mason. My inclination is to think that he's just trying to make the game more chaotic, at the probable cost of a mason, which I don't like.

Frankly, I'm inclined to believe FC's claim because claiming to be a mason when a wolf doesn't seem like a smart move to me. It's far more common for a wolf nearly to be lynched to claim seer or baner. A false claim of mason is far easier to verify and without the loss of an exceptionally powerful role. If for no other reason than there are more masons than the other individual power roles, and so the liklihood of one of them coming to the thread and disputing you in a timely fashion is higher. Additionally, were the wolf to claim seer or baner, the only way of verification, especially this early in the game where no real networks have ideally had time to form, would entail the outing of a power role (good for wolves), or if the role in question chose not to out themselves, then the wolf would likely live, be placed in a position of trust and probably contacted by the masons and the other power role (very good for wolves). Claiming mason doesn't have remotely the same benefits.

*points at Kyouhen* At best you're a wolf hoping to incite us to lynch a mason, more likely you're a villager who isn't playing in a manner that is helpful to team good. Both are acceptable losses in my mind.

(If by chance my analysis is wrong and you actually are a mason, I apologize :smallsmile:)

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 02:01 AM
Oh sure, a dozen people claim baner and get nothing. I claim mason and end up with a bandwagon? :smallfrown:

EDIT:
Also, random thought if I get lynched. For most of my games so far Murska's attempted to find out what role I am privately. I don't think he's attempted to do so for this one yet, though normally he goes fishing for info as soon as roles are assigned. Take from this what you will. :smallwink:

Shadow
2009-07-10, 02:06 AM
Nothing personal. You're just the best target on a day when there usually isn't a target.
And don't be upset with me for not lynching FC like I said I would.

*extends hand*

Hi. I'm Shadow. I lie a lot. Ask around.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-10, 02:09 AM
Yup, Shadow lies a lot.
This bandwagon actually has more sense then most 1st day bandwagons, so count me in.
Kyouhen.

Alarra
2009-07-10, 02:16 AM
Oh sure, a dozen people claim baner and get nothing. I claim mason and end up with a bandwagon? :smallfrown:

Well....those claiming baner were clearly joking, I assume...well, I mean, they could be telling the truth...but who would believe them, really? :smallsmile:

It's after 3! Why am I still awake?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-10, 02:26 AM
Oh my! That must mean Alarra is a wolf!:smalltongue:

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 02:30 AM
I can confirm that thing about Shadow lying a lot. I still wonder why I never let myself believe he was a wolf in GRFOS.

Shadow
2009-07-10, 02:33 AM
If it weren't for me personally lynching a teammate on day 1 by being the deciding vote, that would have been my third flawless victory!
But then again, if I hadn't done that, all you sheep may not have followed the big bad wolf into his lair....

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-10, 02:48 AM
See, he admits it! Shadow is a wolf!:smalltongue:

Shadow
2009-07-10, 02:50 AM
Yep, I admit it, I was a wolf in that game.
And we had a friggin blast, too!

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 02:52 AM
If it weren't for me personally lynching a teammate on day 1 by being the deciding vote, that would have been my third flawless victory!
But then again, if I hadn't done that, all you sheep may not have followed the big bad wolf into his lair....

Yes, yes, we all know you're a sneaky liar who nobody should trust even if the narrators tell them to. Sort of like Murska, only exponentially moreso.

You just got me thinking, how many people here have participated in a perfect victory? Even with their rarity, their nature means there are probably more than would be expected.

Shadow
2009-07-10, 03:13 AM
Myself, Supagoof, Alarra, Castaras (recruited at the last minute onto that team) in Rebellion 2 I think.
Myself (first cult recruit) and Supagoof again (we're a damn good team!), Lord Magtok, Faerwain, Akaziel, Ink, Janusnori, Kyrian (the cult leader), & whoever else we recruited into the cult along the way (I don't recall, but the names listed -excluding myself- were the Pirates) in Pirates 3.
If there has been another game that ended in flawless victory, I don't know of it, but then again there's plenty that I don't know.
And now I need to do some laundry and get the hell outta here.

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 03:19 AM
There was at least one more. Reinholdt, Dr.Bath, Mechafox, Lord Fullbladder, and myself in Istari's Pokemon themed game a few months ago. Still, it looks like yourself and Supagoof are the only ones with multiple perfect games behind you.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-10, 03:30 AM

EDIT:
Also, random thought if I get lynched. For most of my games so far Murska's attempted to find out what role I am privately. I don't think he's attempted to do so for this one yet, though normally he goes fishing for info as soon as roles are assigned. Take from this what you will. :smallwink:

Difference is your lie could get me lynched because my claim was serious while like Alarra said, those baner claims were clearly jokes and highly unlikely to affect a lynch.
I'm just glad the people in this game are using some logic rather than taking your word for it and lynch a mason just because you chose to claim that I'm not one :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2009-07-10, 03:32 AM
Myself, Supagoof, Alarra, Castaras (recruited at the last minute onto that team) in Rebellion 2 I think.Hey, I ran this one!

Myself (first cult recruit) and Supagoof again (we're a damn good team!), Lord Magtok, Faerwain, Akaziel, Ink, Janusnori, Kyrian (the cult leader), & whoever else we recruited into the cult along the way (I don't recall, but the names listed -excluding myself- were the Pirates) in Pirates 3.I was a late recruit into this one.

If there has been another game that ended in flawless victory, I don't know of it, but then again there's plenty that I don't know.
And now I need to do some laundry and get the hell outta here.Yes, go wash ye self, dirty wolf lover! (...or was that Wolfmother? I can never remember...)

Jontom Xire
2009-07-10, 03:49 AM
Black iron castle or whatever it was was pretty close to a flawless victory for team villager. I'm not sure if the wolves killed any good guy roles at all, but it was pretty much a whitewash after the baner baned me night 1 and the wolves decided to try to kill me night 1. Nice work, Aemoh.

Alarra
2009-07-10, 03:55 AM
The first game to end in a flawless victory was Werewolf III, in which the wolves were myself, Bookman, Death, Korith, and theChris. Meaning I also have multiple perfect games. :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-10, 04:01 AM
I have to get myself one of those these days...:smalltongue:

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 08:55 AM
Difference is your lie could get me lynched because my claim was serious while like Alarra said, those baner claims were clearly jokes and highly unlikely to affect a lynch.
I'm just glad the people in this game are using some logic rather than taking your word for it and lynch a mason just because you chose to claim that I'm not one :smalltongue:

But the white font! D:

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 09:29 AM
Black iron castle or whatever it was was pretty close to a flawless victory for team villager. I'm not sure if the wolves killed any good guy roles at all, but it was pretty much a whitewash after the baner baned me night 1 and the wolves decided to try to kill me night 1. Nice work, Aemoh.

Jontom, the seer was convinced he was the devil, and was lynched as a result. Also, I think most of the masons died.

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 09:33 AM
Jontom, the seer was convinced he was the devil, and was lynched as a result. Also, I think most of the masons died.

Do I even want to know why the seer thought he was the devil? :smallconfused:

banjo1985
2009-07-10, 09:33 AM
Yeah, we made quite a mess of the masons, and managed to get Kaboose lynched before he realised he wasn't the Devil, and I was. :smallbiggrin:

Unfortunately Griever, the Wolf Alpha, had chosen people he was friendly with, such as myself and Reinholdt. Once he was found out we fell like a house of cards.

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 09:39 AM
I still don't get how you could pull that off. Did he not know his role or something? Did he not get a role PM that said "You are the seer!" or anything of the sort? My brain is having trouble grappling with the concept of convincing someone who knows their role that they aren't actually that role. :smalleek:

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately Griever, the Wolf Alpha, had chosen people he was friendly with, such as myself and Reinholdt. Once he was found out we fell like a house of cards.

Wasn't Reinholdt the fool? I think you might be confusing him with Recaiden who, as I remember, was one of you. Also, I know Murska was on your team, since the constant was created in the post-game banter of that one.

banjo1985
2009-07-10, 09:56 AM
You are right of course. And I died before Griever...wow, what a memory I have. :smallamused:

...I need to go home!

banjo1985
2009-07-10, 10:09 AM
((I found some time to update...woot!))

The Valiant Turtle was running late. This was not a good thing, not when there was money involved. Most of Old Man Moon’s stuff had probably been given out already and he had his eye on the 60 inch plasma in the drawing room.

“I’m late, I’m late, for a very important…plasma screen TV…”

“What ho chaps! Look at that, a talking turtle!”
“That’s not Uncle Valiant is it?”
“Possibly…do you think a turtle would fit in the clay pigeon shoot?”

A plasma TV wasn’t worth that…nothing was. The Valiant Turtle made a suitably Valiant dive for the estate gates, but his more sprightly relatives were too fast for him. They scooped him up and took him, still protesting, to the firing range.

“This is cruelty you know! I’ll get PETA onto you!”
“Pipe down old fellow, clays don’t talk.”

The poor turtle was packed into the shoot, and Old Man Moons relatives readied their shotguns.

“Pull!”

The turtle went spinning through the air, and for a moment he knew what it was like to fly…

Then a shotgun shell turned him into a fine red mist.

“Good shot old bean!”
“Now who’s for sherry?”

Summary

The Valiant Turtle was lynched. He was a Relative (Villager)

Night 1 begins now and will end on Sunday. Get your actions in to me ASAP

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 10:51 AM
So... Turtle soup anyone? :smallbiggrin:

PirateMonk
2009-07-10, 10:53 AM
The young man looks up. "I'll take some turtle soup."

Hell Puppi
2009-07-10, 12:13 PM
Turtle soup? Ugh, no thank you.
HP continues on her rum and coke diet.

Lord Loss
2009-07-10, 12:30 PM
Ah, soup would seem delicious responds a young scholar, licking his lips. Albeit not as invigorating as apen and pad of paper, I must say I feel... joyful at the thought of a such delicate delicacy.

My intellect informs me that Kyouhen is , as the french would put it un menteur .

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 12:42 PM
Ah, soup would seem delicious responds a young scholar, licking his lips. Albeit not as invigorating as apen and pad of paper, I must say I feel... joyful at the thought of a such delicate delicacy.

My intellect informs me that Kyouhen is , as the french would put it un menteur .

That's fine, because as the French would also say: Vous ne faites pas d'attention. It's night. :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-07-10, 01:09 PM
1: It's night.

2: I call who liar? Oo

Murska
2009-07-10, 01:21 PM
I swear I have never in my life before this point, to my knowledge, written or uttered the word 'menteur'.

Shadow
2009-07-10, 01:46 PM
That's fine, because as the French would also say: Vous ne faites pas d'attention. It's night. :smalltongue:

That's also fine, because as the French would also say: Vous ne faites pas d'attention. He's not on the player roster. :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-07-10, 02:13 PM
Hay, someone baleeted a post from between the two of mine.

The Valiant Turtle
2009-07-10, 03:11 PM
WooHoo! I finally earned that "First day lynch" achievement I've always wanted (well, not really).

It kinda sucks that it's because everyone was too chicken to be second point though.

Go villagers, get the wolves!

Thufir
2009-07-10, 03:30 PM
"Ah! Sorry I'm late, I was busy with Mr. Malquist all day. What did I- AHH! That- that's... what's going on?!!"
Young Mr. Moon gets a drink to steady his nerves.

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 04:36 PM
That's also fine, because as the French would also say: Vous ne faites pas d'attention. He's not on the player roster. :smalltongue:

He isn't? Then what's he doing here? HE'S THE ASSASSIN! GET HIM!!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-10, 05:21 PM
*writes down on a note on his nightstand*
''Hunch that Shadow is a wolf.''

Philistine
2009-07-10, 06:17 PM
So... Turtle soup anyone? :smallbiggrin:

Drunken Old Phil looks queasy and ill.
"You shay we should EAT Cousin Turtle?
What a hideoush crime -
You're no kin of mine!
And in front of hish poor daughter, Myrtle!"

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 11:44 PM
Drunken Old Phil looks queasy and ill.
"You shay we should EAT Cousin Turtle?
What a hideoush crime -
You're no kin of mine!
And in front of hish poor daughter, Myrtle!"

No... Don't think I'm your kin at all... Single child of single children and all that. Pretty sure I'd know if we were related. :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2009-07-13, 04:19 PM
Night finally over...I've finished getting sunburnt at Alton Towers. :smalltongue:

Update pending.

banjo1985
2009-07-13, 04:46 PM
Daylight bathes the Moon Estate in stark morning light, and the family of Old Man Moon begin to wake from their booze induced slumber. Well, all except Phantomfox that is. The earliest risers find him plastered for several yards across the croquet lawn, nothing but a pasty mulch of gore, ground bone and brain matter. It's enough to make someone puke...or hungry...

"I say, looks like the wolves ate well last night."
"All power to them I say, nothing like a bit of healthy competition. As long as we win in the of course!"
"I wouldn't call it that healthy, all that red meat must play havock with their arteries."
"Indeed...it does look rather a lot like pate though...perfect for breakfast."

Phantomfox Pate for breakfast? Just another morning on the Moon Estate!

Summary

Phantomfox was killed by the Wolves. He was a Relative (Villager)

Day 2 begins now and ends on Wednesday evening

The following players must vote today or get autolynched:

Arb514/Lord Loss
DarkComet
Eaglewiz
Mustiado
Pondshadow
Quintis
The Bookworm
Thufir

Hyozo
2009-07-13, 05:01 PM
Hmm... Darkcomet in the hall with the revolver* perhaps?

*Ion cannon

EagleWiz
2009-07-13, 05:34 PM
Darkcommet? I suppose...

Mustiado
2009-07-13, 05:36 PM
Gah! Random point at MOD. I almost forgot about this.

Darkcomet
2009-07-13, 05:39 PM
MOD isn't me! :smalleek:

Also, if you guys think my not-voting on day 1 is suspicious or something, I never vote on day 1. Day 1 hates me and I hate it. The recent exception was SEU, which wasn't working off of the randomness that is a normal Day 1.

MOD
2009-07-13, 05:47 PM
Oh screw random voting I'm going after Darkcomet after a post like that!

Murska
2009-07-13, 05:49 PM
MOD called me a witch. No, not in this game. Why?

MOD
2009-07-13, 05:53 PM
Murska, how many times am I going to tell you ITS OVER between us? You broke my heart into so many shattered pieces its now a puzzle suitable for children ages 3 and up.

Edit: Plus I called you a witch in two games!

Mordokai
2009-07-13, 05:53 PM
The village drunk stumbles into the thread, slaps the narrator and stumbles out the same way he came in. Why? Because he hasn't done for some time now and he thinks he deserves it.

Darkcomet
2009-07-13, 06:17 PM
Um... Can I just point out that there is pretty much no reason to point at me? Nothing on day 1 at all, and I'm sure someone is willing to verify me not voting on day 1 normally.

Murska
2009-07-13, 06:19 PM
Well I don't have any reason to point at anyone, like most people this early.

Darkcomet
2009-07-13, 06:21 PM
Right. And my point at MOD was out of self-preservation and nothing more, since Hyozo so kindly started a bandwagon on me.

So if someone else has any ideas, now would be the time. :smallannoyed:

Hell Puppi
2009-07-13, 06:32 PM
Wasn't the original bandwagon for Kyouhen?

...of course I already forgot the rational behind that bandwagon, so not pointing at anyone until I get a reason to do so :smalltongue:

Aemoh
2009-07-13, 06:42 PM
*points at Pondshadow*

Cause voting for people on the auto-lynch list is fun.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-07-13, 06:42 PM
Dogs hunt foxes. Hellpuppi probably hunted PhantomFox

PhantomFox
2009-07-13, 07:22 PM
Night 1 kill? Lame. *sigh*

Blue Ghost
2009-07-13, 07:25 PM
The rationale behind the Kyouhen wagon was that he disputed FC's claim to mason, so either one of them is a wolf, or Kyouhen is deliberately trying to disrupt the game. Either way, I think it's a valid rationale.

Darkcomet
2009-07-13, 07:28 PM
The rationale behind the Kyouhen wagon was that he disputed FC's claim to mason, so either one of them is a wolf, or Kyouhen is deliberately trying to disrupt the game. Either way, I think it's a valid rationale.

Hmmmm. MOD, I think we've found our alternate bandwagon. Even if Kyouhen isn't a wolf, then it means FC probably is, and a one wolf-one mason trade is worth it, at least in my mind.

MOD
2009-07-13, 07:39 PM
You know what I think I'll change to Kyouhen .

Shadow
2009-07-13, 07:47 PM
Hmmmm. MOD, I think we've found our alternate bandwagon. Even if Kyouhen isn't a wolf, then it means FC probably is, and a one wolf-one mason trade is worth it, at least in my mind.
Except that when/if we see Kyouhen's role, it still tells us nothing of FC's claims.
I'm of a mind to believe him. Claiming Mason is too easy to disprove.
So "Even if Kyouhen isn't a wolf, then it means FC probably is," isn't absolutely correct, strictly speaking.
If Kyouhen turns out to be a mason, it tells us that FC's a wolf.
If Kyouhen turns out to be a wolf, it tells us nothing.
If Kyouhen turns out to be a villager, it still tells us nothing.**

*This is what I expect you'll see, come day's end. Not that I disagree with it. I was the one that began the rush yesterday.

Hyozo
2009-07-13, 07:49 PM
*mumblecan'tmakeonejokewithoutgivingDCareasontosta bmemumble*

Oddity
2009-07-13, 08:15 PM
Oddity raises his arm against Kyouhen
"Running around in circles is fun!"

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-13, 08:16 PM
I still think we shiould lynch Murska (because he really is always a wolf) today and Shadow tomorrow if he ain't dead then :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-07-13, 08:28 PM
((Hey, Mr Mason.
Why aren't you angry at non-Mr. Mason?

UNLESS!))

Oddity does a handstand on the balcony of the town hall. He falls forwards, over the balustrade and down the hill below.
"WHEEEEE"

Eldritch Knight
2009-07-13, 08:31 PM
The Llama did it. See? He's dressed up just like a butler, and we all know what butlers do!

Andre Fairchilde
2009-07-13, 08:46 PM
Smuchmuch using logic that I have *maybe* a 1/6.5 chance of randomly guessing a wolf. And since I rolled three (!) 20s in a roll for Will saves this weekend for NPCs with a -1 to their saves, I just might get lucky.

Alarra
2009-07-13, 09:07 PM
*wanders behind bar and pours someone a drink*

*points at Eldritch Knight*

edit: @v you know I love you :smallbiggrin: