PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak GAME STARTED (opening post on pg 3)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dr. Bath
2009-06-23, 06:53 AM
Rules:

Each Day Phase, as well as pointing (this will not normally (detailed in ‘Infection’) lead to the creation of a new zombie), every player may either FORTIFY the barricades by writing ‘fortify’ in bold green, or SCAVENGE for supplies by writing ‘scavenge’ in bold blue.

Fortifying:
The Survivor spends the day shoring up the barricades in an attempt to stave of the zombie hordes that attack each night. If you choose to fortify the barricades you add +1 to the total capacity of the barricades for the day and may stay within the safety of the fortification for that night. Staying in the barricades provides almost 100% protection from zombies at night (but not from night kills or any other night action). If there are more players in the fortification than the capacity players will be picked at random to be kicked out of the barricade until numbers in the barricade are equal to the capacity for that day. Spots in the barricade may be given to others by PM to the narrators; this can be an anonymous action.

Scavenging:
The Survivor spends the day rummaging through the wrecked premises of nearby shops, looting whatever they can find. Scavengers can choose to look specifically for one of four types of item (written in bold blue):
Armaments
Medicine
Information/surveillance
Miscellaneous

The name of the item will be noted in the end of day post, what it does will be pm’ed to the player who found it.

Items are arranged in five tiers ranging from:
Incredibly helpful
Very useful
Quite useful
Moderately useful
Almost useless

With moderately useful items being the most common.

Each Night Phase, the zombies become more active and assault the barricades with a far greater vigour trying to reach the juicy living meat cowering within. Any poor soul unlucky enough to find themselves outside the barricades (or in a barely fortified area, in game terms they are the same) will also be at risk from the undead horde as it hungers for flesh.

The game will start with a set number of zombies, dependant on player number. Each night every zombie will attack one random player to a certain extent, varying from instant death and reanimation (the number of zombies that will attack the survivors each night then increases by one) to infection or even escape unscathed. Various items will help or hinder defence against a zombie attack at night as specified in their description.

Infection:
There are two stages of infection before a human succumbs and will eventually stalk the land as the undead. At the start of the game, any player can be infected with either stage. During the game any player can become infected if attacked by a zombie.

Dormant infection: This kind of infection is caused by small amounts of blood or saliva from a zombie getting into a human’s bloodstream via a small cut or graze. It is almost impossible to tell when you get infected in this way, so those infected will not be informed of their infection.

The result of this infection is that when the infected human dies, of any cause of death, they will soon rise from the grave and come back as a zombie, this includes death by vigilante or lynching.

Malignant infection: This infection is caused by a massive influx of the zombie virus into a human’s system, normally caused by a zombie bite. It is hard to miss this kind infection, so the infected player will be informed of their infection.

This form of infection can be fatal if not treated quickly. If the infected player does not get cured of their infection within three full game days of their infection they will succumb and quickly return as the living dead. If killed at any point in those three day by other means that the infection the player will still rise from the grave adding one zombie to the number assaulting the barricade.

Roles:

Innocents:

Survivors – just a regular Joe (or Jane) caught up in the end of the world, trying to stay alive.

Day actions: Vote for who they think is a cultist or infected with the virus. The person with the majority vote will be thrown out of the barricades to the zombies. They may also either:
Fortify the barricades
Search for supplies

Winning conditions: Primary: survive without having a malignant infection when the game finishes. Secondary: throw all cultists out of the barricades.

All survivors have one of four additional Bonus objectives according to additional personality trait. These are: Planner, Hypochodriac, Hoarder and Pacifist. Note that the bonus objective is not really important, it is just for something to aim for. Remember: surviving is more important that achieving your bonus objective.

The Idiot – Idiots think they’re doing the right thing, but they are invariably not.

(players will not be told they are an idiot, they will get the Survivor role pm)

Actions and winning conditions as civilians with the following additions:

Day actions: Idiots are bad at pretty much whatever they do.
If an Idiot fortifies the barricade there is no increase to the capacity of the barricade. If an Idiot scavenges, they will receive an item one tier lower than they would normally.

Teenage Lovers – These two are madly in love with each other, a mere moment apart seems like eternity. If one lover dies, the other will follow them to the afterlife (or undeath), taking one of those responsible with them.

When one lover is killed the killer (zombie, cultist, vigilante, last person to join the lynch) is also killed/destroyed in a fit of rage as the second lover hurls themselves to their doom.

Day actions:
If both lovers work on the barricades two additional spaces are created for that night.
If both search for supplies they find a total of 3 items

Night actions:
If the lovers hide in the barricades, they can chose to take up only one space (pm to the narrators if chosen to do so), however if there are not sufficient barricade spaces, they will be the first thrown out. Get a room!

Doctor – The resident medical practitioner of the mall; more used to children with mild concussion than cannibalistic dead guys, but still a fine man to have around when people start getting infected.

Day actions: The Doctor may pm the narrators with the name of one player (other than themselves) they wish to heal at any point during the day phase. At the end of the day phase said player will be completely cured of any level of virus infection so long as both the Doctor and patient are still alive. The doctor may not scavenge and use this ability on the same day.

Night actions: The doctor may protect one player other than themselves from a zombie attack using the last of their medical supplies. Two uses only.

Nurse – The nurse is highly capable in any crisis, be it a grazed knee or gnawed skull. They have the skills to and knowledge to look after those in need if the doctor isn’t around.

When the Doctor dies, the Nurse gains all the remaining abilities of that role for the remainder of the game.

Day actions: The Nurse may pm the narrators with the name of one player (other than themselves) they wish to heal at any point during the day phase. At the end of the day phase said player will be completely cured of any level of virus infection so long as both the Nurse and patient are still alive. The Nurse may not scavenge and use this ability on the same day. One use only. When the Nurse inherits the Doctor’s ability, they lose this one.

Gun nut – The Gun nut has a love for all things violent and explosive. They’ve got a massive collection of guns, big ones, small ones, ones the size of your head and will never go anywhere without at least a side arm on them. The gun nut acts as a vigilante due to their access to large amounts of firepower.

Day or Night actions: Once per game the Gun nut may select a player, either by pm to the narrators or by writing the name of the player in bold in one of their posts. This player will be killed unless some other item or ability protects them. The loud noise of the gunshot however is not so great, and once this ability is used one additional zombie will appear in the village as they are attracted by the sound of delicious life.

Night actions: the Gun nut will survive their first attack from a zombie unscathed as they can easily drive off zombies with their firearms.

Police officer – The police office is an upstanding citizen who has sworn to protect the innocent of this town. Perhaps they come across as draconian, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Day actions: Once per day the Police officer may arrest two players (two players MUST be selected for the ability to work) with their police department issue handcuffs, by sending two names to the narrators. Both of the selected players may not take any actions other than pointing (including scavenging or fortifying, role abilities and items) for the next night phase and following day phase, but will be protected from other players’ abilities and items for the duration of their arrest (they also have a reduced chance of being attacked by zombies as the Police officer will protect them. If the Police officer dies any players currently under arrest will be released.

The Cult:

Cult Leader – The Cult Leader is complete psychotic, they believe that the arrival of the undead marks a turning point in mankind’s spiritual journey. The righteous will greet the horde of dead with open arms and be blessed with eternal life; those who resist just delay the inevitable. The Cult Leader believes that it is their duty to help those wandering from the path the Leader has foreseen back onto the path of enlightenment and undeath.

Actions as civilians with the following additions:

Day actions: Instead of fortifying the barricades the Cult Leader can sabotages them. If the Cult Leader fortifies the barricades they may also pm the narrators saying they wish to sabotage. In this case, instead of adding one space to the capacity of the barricade, two spaces are taken away.

Night action: The Cult Leader uses secret brainwashing techniques to induct a new member. The Cult Leader pms the narrators with the name of a player, this player is then converted into a Cultist and loses all previous role based abilities (but retains items). This newly inducted cultist also gains this ability and the Cult Leader loses it. (this means that there is only ever one member of the Cult who is able to induct new members. If they die before inducting someone else this ability is lost). Only a maximum of four cultists may be recruited in total.

This ability will work on any role in the game, even the lovers. If one of the lovers is inducted and is subsequently killed the non-cultist lover will still take revenge and kill themselves. If the non-cultist lover dies, the cultist lover will not avenge them or kill themselves. All the other lover abilities will stop working for both lovers (as they require both lovers to act together).

Winning conditions: Primary: The number of cultists equal or exceed the number of innocent players (at this point the cultists will have enough power within the barricade to throw everyone to their deaths at the hands and mouths of the zombie hordes) Secondary: Finish the game whilst infected with some stage of the zombie virus.

Cultist – Cultists are those brainwashed by the Cult Leader into believing that death at the hands of a zombie is both glorious and wonderful. These deluded individuals will stop at nothing to make everyone share the joy undeath.

Actions as civilians with the following additions:

Day actions: Instead of fortifying the barricades Cultists can sabotages them. If a Cultist fortifies the barricades they may also pm the narrators saying they wish to sabotage. In this case, instead of adding one space to the capacity of the barricade, one space is taken away.

Winning conditions: Primary: The number of cultists equal or exceed the number of innocent players (at this point the cultists will have enough power within the barricade to throw everyone to their deaths at the hands and mouths of the zombie hordes) Secondary: Finish the game whilst infected with some stage of the zombie virus.

The Narrator(s) may or may not have withheld additional roles and information from the list above.

Final notes: please do not exchange role PMs, as this removes an important aspect of the game. Feel free to claim whatever role you like, though.

The setting of this game is the real world (+zombies) so could players please refrain from roleplaying anything in anyway magical or non-human. Roleplaying is however encouraged. I might even leave some items around for those with particularly impressive roleplay going on… cough.

If there’s anything you’d like me to clarify, please say. If you have any suggestion, please voice those too. Even accusations of producing a broken game system I will accept (grudgingly :smalltongue:)

SIGN-UPS CLOSED

Player list

{table=head]Player name
Fin
banjo1985
Night Surgeon
The Bookworm
Dirk Kris
pondshadow
Quintis
Fleeing Coward
Supagoof
Uncle Festy
Murska
smellie_hippie
Szilard
PirateMonk
Opeth_Freak
Recaiden
Phase
Selrahc
Evnafets
Hyozo
ThePhantom
Mustiado
GAThraawn
happyturtle
Aemoh
Deathslayer7
billtodamax
horngeek
banthesun
Kyouhen
Mechafox
Jontom Xire
Oddity
Connor Darkdart
Lamech
Reinholdt
kopaka
Catseye2121
Face of Evil
Talic
St. Nil
Atreyu the Masked LLama
arb514[/table]

38/43 players

There are 6 zombies.

{table="head"]Name
Farm hand
Farmer
Mayor
Face of Evil
Night Surgeon
PirateMonk
Quintis[/table]

Fin
2009-06-23, 07:38 AM
In, with Cake!

Edit: Yeah, I'm first! This is the game I have been waiting for my whole Giantitp life. I joined the boards because of Pwenet's version of this, I then realised that recruitment was well closed and the game nearly finished! :smallredface:

banjo1985
2009-06-23, 07:40 AM
I'm so incredibly in I'm almost out again...but not quite. :smalltongue:

Red will be back from the first game. Reports of his death at the hands of the Zombies at the end of the last one have been greatly exaggerated. :smalltongue:

Fan
2009-06-23, 08:11 AM
I'm so in, I almost forgot to use grammar.:smalltongue:

The Bookworm
2009-06-23, 08:26 AM
I'm very in.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-23, 09:05 AM
A Bath-run zombie game?
Yeah, I'm in.

pondshadow
2009-06-23, 09:24 AM
I am in without hesitation.

Quintis
2009-06-23, 09:38 AM
Completely in.

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-23, 09:38 AM
Count me in.

Supagoof
2009-06-23, 09:41 AM
In like Fin!

Fin
2009-06-23, 09:52 AM
Love the Avatar Bath, it is very topical!

@ Supagoof, how can you be in like me? I thought you were helping to narrate!?

Dr. Bath
2009-06-23, 09:54 AM
Love the Avatar Bath, it is very topical!

@ Supagoof, how can you be in like me? I thought you were helping to narrate!?

I've realised that I've made this so complex from a narrators standpoint that coordinating with a second narrator almost certainly won't be worth it. Just means there may be one or two hiatuses at certain points during the game. (also a whole load of the information I have written out is on paper. smooth moves, me.)

Uncle Festy
2009-06-23, 10:19 AM
AAAAAAAAAHHHH!
Not sure I fully understand how the game, you know, works, but looks fun. In. :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2009-06-23, 10:57 AM
I've realised that I've made this so complex from a narrators standpoint that coordinating with a second narrator almost certainly won't be worth it. Just means there may be one or two hiatuses at certain points during the game. (also a whole load of the information I have written out is on paper. smooth moves, me.)I had never heard back that the Dr. wanted me to narrate, and looking more at the rules this just seems to much fun to pass up. Plus, it looks like he wants to run it alone.

Don't worry though, I'll be sure to send in some death scenes, if not only for me but for other people as well. That should help the Dr. keep things going/remove some stress for getting updates done. Plus, if I end up as a villager, it'll keep me on my toes.

Q. How do you make a WW game even more fun?
A. Write someone else's death scene!

Murska
2009-06-23, 11:06 AM
In, stealing Fin's cake.

Fin
2009-06-23, 11:36 AM
In, stealing Fin's cake.

:smallsmile: Your just grumpy because you died in Hair of the Werewolf! So I'll let you have a slice... but then give the rest back!

smellie_hippie
2009-06-23, 12:08 PM
Can I play? I was ready to swear off WW games for a looooong time but I'm going through a zombie phase right now. So... I can play?

Szilard
2009-06-23, 12:11 PM
Items are arranged in four tiers ranging from:
Incredibly helpful
Very useful
Quite useful
Moderately useful
Almost useless

With moderately useful items being the most common.

That's five tiers.:smalltongue:

Haven't read all the rules yet, but I'm in.

Supagoof
2009-06-23, 12:14 PM

Haven't read all the rules yet, but I'm in.There's 3 kinds of people in this world.

Those who are good at math.
Those who aren't.

Oh, and Dr. Bath - that is a fantastic avatar!

Murska
2009-06-23, 12:30 PM
:smallsmile: Your just grumpy because you died in Hair of the Werewolf! So I'll let you have a slice... but then give the rest back!

Yeah, you got me lynched for no reason at all! :smallbiggrin:

PirateMonk
2009-06-23, 12:54 PM
Since I seem to be signing up for every game in sight and this looks fun, in.

Opeth_Freak
2009-06-23, 01:06 PM
What can I say? In of course :smallbiggrin:

Recaiden
2009-06-23, 02:00 PM
Definitely IN!

QUESTION: How do villagers win? Is there a finite amount of zombies? Or is it just when the cult is killed?

Phase
2009-06-23, 02:03 PM
Oh HELL YES. Sign me up, Bathy. I'll roleplay your metaphorical socks off. :smallamused:

Fin
2009-06-23, 02:21 PM
Once we are dead can we continue to role-play as Zombies!

Will previously Zombiefied players be included in living players death scenes?

Can my character keep a pet Zombie in his shed?

Selrahc
2009-06-23, 02:22 PM
I'll join up. Although having to fight the zombies will be hard... Must resist urge to join them.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-23, 02:56 PM
Oh HELL YES. Sign me up, Bathy. I'll roleplay your metaphorical socks off. :smallamused:

*jawdrop*
Phase? In a werewolf game?
YES! :smallbiggrin:

evnafets
2009-06-23, 04:00 PM
Sign me up for this one as well.

Definitely IN!

QUESTION: How do villagers win? Is there a finite amount of zombies? Or is it just when the cult is killed?

Winning conditions: Primary: survive without being infected. Secondary: throw all cultists out of the barricades.
Last time there was a set number of turns. So I think surviving for X turns (when the cavalry arrives) is how it works - though its not mentioned in the rules.

Of course do you really expect any survivors from a Zombie game?

Dr. Bath
2009-06-23, 04:02 PM

Haven't read all the rules yet, but I'm in.

Blah blah blah corrected. :smalltongue: That'll teach me to write up rules at 2 in the morning.

There will be a finite number of days, which will appear during the narration, although once the cult is destroyed the survivors can pretty much survive indefinitely if everyone fortifies the barricade.

Once we are dead can we continue to role-play as Zombies!

Will previously Zombiefied players be included in living players death scenes?

Can my character keep a pet Zombie in his shed?

Yes.

Yes. The ones who died but do not rise again as zombies will appear in the day scenes, whereas those that become zombies will be a specific zombie that attacks at night.

No. Unless your name is Shaun.

Hyozo
2009-06-23, 04:30 PM
I'll join this one too.

ThePhantom
2009-06-23, 04:54 PM
I may regret this, but I'm in.

Mustiado
2009-06-23, 05:45 PM
In please. Pleasepleaseplease

GAThraawn
2009-06-23, 05:46 PM
Ugh, in too many games right now...must resist the urge to join...must...resist.....

Darn, I'm in.

happyturtle
2009-06-23, 10:10 PM
In with pistachios

Phase
2009-06-23, 10:48 PM
In my naiveté, I'm not quite sure what the rules mean when they say "Spots in the barricade may be given to others by PM to the narrators; this can be an anonymous action."

How does this affect gameplay?

Aemoh
2009-06-23, 11:16 PM
IN. So very very IN :smallbiggrin:

Deathslayer7
2009-06-23, 11:21 PM
yeah sure. in.

Recaiden
2009-06-23, 11:32 PM
In my naiveté, I'm not quite sure what the rules mean when they say "Spots in the barricade may be given to others by PM to the narrators; this can be an anonymous action."

How does this affect gameplay?

There's a limit on space. If you do have space, you can give it to someone who doesn't.
People outside are more likely to be eaten by zombies, yes?

billtodamax
2009-06-24, 01:14 AM
Totally In. This looks so fun!

horngeek
2009-06-24, 03:30 AM
Joins. Now to not get eaten.

banthesun
2009-06-24, 06:09 AM
This has to be my favourite WW setting yet. InInInInIn!

banjo1985
2009-06-24, 06:36 AM
There's a limit on space. If you do have space, you can give it to someone who doesn't.
People outside are more likely to be eaten by zombies, yes?

Yeah that's pretty much how it worked last game. The number of 'safe spaces' in the barricade was equal to the number of people bolstering them, minus the cultists that decided to tamper with the structure. If there were more people than that in their then that many people would get eaten by the zombies during the night.

Of course, I spent most of my time scavenging out in the mall and hiding by night...seemed to work well. :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-06-24, 11:50 AM
Yeah that's pretty much how it worked last game. The number of 'safe spaces' in the barricade was equal to the number of people bolstering them, minus the cultists that decided to tamper with the structure. If there were more people than that in their then that many people would get eaten by the zombies during the night.

Of course, I spent most of my time scavenging out in the mall and hiding by night...seemed to work well. :smallbiggrin:

There are also bonuses from the lovers, and also some items. But yes, if you are in the barracade you get nearly 100% protection from zombies. If you are not in the barricade, you gain no additonal protection at all. You might survive if you're attacked, but it's unlikely.

Kyouhen
2009-06-24, 12:01 PM
Let me in! There's zombies out here! :smalleek:

Deathslayer7
2009-06-24, 12:25 PM
*gives a pistol with a single shot*
Good luck!
*is shot momentarily afterwards* :smallamused:

Fin
2009-06-24, 01:21 PM
There are also bonuses from the lovers, and also some items. But yes, if you are in the barracade you get nearly 100% protection from zombies. If you are not in the barricade, you gain no additonal protection at all. You might survive if you're attacked, but it's unlikely.

Does this mean that if your not in the barricade you will be attacked by Zombies or that the likelihood is just increased?

Murska
2009-06-24, 01:22 PM
As far as I can see, the zombies' attacks are randomized, but if you're in a barricade when they attack, you're almost guaranteed to survive.

Dr. Bath
2009-06-24, 01:29 PM
As far as I can see, the zombies' attacks are randomized, but if you're in a barricade when they attack, you're almost guaranteed to survive.

This. You are just as likely to be attacked in the barracade as out of it, it's just the survival rate in the barracade is much much higher.

There may be other factors that make being attacked more or less likely however...

Phase
2009-06-24, 05:50 PM
How long after the initial outbreak does this take place? It's vital for my character description.

smellie_hippie
2009-06-24, 09:07 PM
*looks up from playing Left 4 Dead*

I've got a pipe bomb over here!!!

*goes back to playing Left 4 Dead*

evnafets
2009-06-24, 09:40 PM
*looks up from playing Left 4 Dead*

I've got a pipe bomb over here!!!

*goes back to playing Left 4 Dead*

Smoker! Brrrrrraaaaiinnss

Kyouhen
2009-06-24, 11:56 PM
Smoker! Brrrrrraaaaiinnss

Witch! Tank! Tank! Pills here! Witch! Reloading reloading reloading AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

banthesun
2009-06-25, 12:02 AM
Witch! Tank! Tank! Pills here! Witch! Reloading reloading reloading AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Reloading! reloading. REALOADING! reloading! Reloading! Reloading! reloading! RELOADING! Reloading! reloading....

Kyouhen
2009-06-25, 12:23 AM
Reloading! reloading. REALOADING! reloading! Reloading! Reloading! reloading! RELOADING! Reloading! reloading....

<Zoey>AAAEEEEEIIIAAAAHHHHEEEEIIAHHHaaaaaarrrrriii</Zoey>

Fawkes
2009-06-25, 12:43 AM
In as Francis.

I hate Cultists.

Deathslayer7
2009-06-25, 02:03 AM
Expert Mode

Hunter!
Bill has killed Hunter.
Smoker!
Francis has killed Smoker.
Boomer!
Louis has killed Boomer.
Tank!
Tank has killed everyone. :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-06-25, 02:44 AM
I missed this last time - definitely in.

Dr. Bath
2009-06-25, 03:29 AM
How long after the initial outbreak does this take place? It's vital for my character description.

Pretty much the same time. Although it is perhaps a few days after. It'll all be in the opening narration.

Oddity
2009-06-25, 03:52 AM
ItFisn'tLtooElateStoHgetMinmismit?

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-25, 04:31 AM
In please!

Lamech
2009-06-25, 11:54 AM
Eternal damnation! Why must fun games start when I have to get ready for my own. Errr... in.

Dr. Bath
2009-06-26, 06:00 AM
Hey!

Hey you! Yeah! YOU! Join this game.

It's not like we want to eat your eyes.

banjo1985
2009-06-26, 08:44 AM
A...A-All four of them?! :smalleek:

:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-06-26, 08:56 AM
*glances around giant*
*joins up*
I should be back on a limited basis by Tuesday. Enough to play this anyways.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-26, 11:24 AM
Reinholdt?
REINHOLDT! :smallbiggrin:
*tackles the apoco-cat*

Khaeta
2009-06-26, 12:12 PM
I'm in. I take it this is modern?

Dr. Bath
2009-06-26, 12:32 PM
The setting is, yes.

Phase
2009-06-26, 01:41 PM
But the game itself, however, is played three hundred years ago, so technically the setting is Futuristic, but from the past, so it's modern now, but historical later...

Oww...

TFT
2009-06-26, 02:25 PM
...and I'm in.

FoE
2009-06-28, 01:33 PM
In if there's room. Perhaps I should RP as a freelance photographer?

I've covered wars, you know.

Dr. Bath
2009-06-28, 02:11 PM
There is still plenty of room! Another... 11 places to be precise. I would definitely like to fill them all up, wink wink nudge nudge. Wait. That sounded dirty.

Talic
2009-06-28, 08:34 PM
In like... umm... something that's in!

Phase
2009-06-30, 10:28 AM
May I post my character description? Or should I wait for my role that I may make any necessary changes?

Dr. Bath
2009-06-30, 10:50 AM
You, um, might not want to reveal your role in your roleplay. You're free to, but it is for the most part a terrible terrible idea. Go for it now, so everyone knows that any aspects suspiciously like a role are purely coincidental, and so won't kill you because of it.

Aemoh
2009-06-30, 11:20 AM
You, um, might not want to reveal your role in your roleplay. You're free to, but it is for the most part a terrible terrible idea. Go for it now, so everyone knows that any aspects suspiciously like a role are purely coincidental, and so won't kill you because of it.

I'd like to point out you may be killed for it anyway.

I've seen multiple people be killed for their roleplay. Just saying.

Phase
2009-06-30, 11:21 AM
Awesome! Have at you, and realize I know not my role as of posting this:

I will be playing the part of James Parton, aged 38. Mousey brown hair, stuck wearing a button down white shirt, what looks like a moth-eaten brown suede jacket, and dress pants that would have been rather uncomfortable were they not torn in some non intrusive places, James is a very average looking individual, this is his story:

Before the initial outbreaks, James was never a brave man by any means. He was the sort of person who took his coffee with extra cream. He was the sort of person who worked at an accounting agency with little cubicles, a water cooler, and great big CRT monitors. He was the sort of person who drove a white sedan with license plates that inexplicably, no matter how hard people stared at them, spelled nothing at all by any stretch of the imagination.

He was basically a bland, grey sort of person. This was totally fine, of course. The world ran on bland, grey people.

But once the zeds came, the only bland, grey people left had a certain proclivity towards shambling, moaning, and devouring the flesh of the living.

Now, after losing so many to Zach, most people became more resolute. Some resolved to become better, that they never lose another friend. James, however, resolved to always hide behind better men, that he never be taken by the undead himself.

So after the outbreaks, James was always a little… off. He was never mean or even rude, but he was never outgoing and never gave more than a feeble, half-hearted smile. He was easily startled, and was never in the front or the back of a travelling party.

In short, James Parton was now a coward of unmatched proportions, and you’re all stuck with him. Good luck.

Dr. Bath
2009-06-30, 11:40 AM
I'd like to point out you may be killed for it anyway.

I've seen multiple people be killed for their roleplay. Just saying.

Yeah, but this way, the reasonable people at least shouldn't vote for the roleplay. (since some people do genuinely look for clues to roles in peoples roleplay)

Remember that it's a game too! So don't just ignore those aspects, as some people do, it makes it much less fun for those who are trying to play the game. I want lots of participation and a fair fight guys and gals.

Sign up is pretty much closed now, but you've got... I dunno. Another four/five hours left before it closes completely.

Saint Nil
2009-06-30, 11:45 AM
Joining in.:smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2009-06-30, 03:29 PM
I'm gonna wrap up recruiting right about...now.

RECRUITING ENDS

If you catch me before I start sending out role PMs, then I'll try and fit you in, if not... sucks to be you I guess. You had a week anyway!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-06-30, 06:13 PM
OOH OOH OOOOOOOOH! Me...please!! I was busy all week, I'm sorry!!!

billtodamax
2009-06-30, 06:16 PM
Don't worry, he hasn't sent out role PMs yet.

Lord Loss
2009-06-30, 07:50 PM
I know it's closed, so I guess there's no room? If there is Let me In plz...

Dr. Bath
2009-07-01, 06:26 AM
Yeah, you're both in, although I am rolling up roles right now, so you're the last.

And I guess Atreyu can be a llama, but not a talking llama!

Dr. Bath
2009-07-01, 08:21 AM
PMs are out, the opening post will go up sometime after lunch. I'm too hungry right now. for brains!

There have also been a few small changes to the rules, please re-read them as the game starts (before the game starts? whatever)

Dr. Bath
2009-07-01, 11:47 AM
Ten days until outbreak.

…In the past few weeks there have been a number of mysterious disappearances in various parts of country. Police say that they are making every effort to find these missing persons and are sure that with the help of the other emergency services these people will be back safely soon. Most of these cases have been of people travelling in fairly remote areas….

Five days until outbreak.

… Aa strange new illness is sweeping the country. Described as having few if any symptoms, health advisers are saying that there is no cause for alarm and that this new virus may in fact be beneficial! The argument goes that this very mild form of the common cold will help build up the immune systems of those more susceptible to far more deadly diseases.

In other news, the spate of odd disappearances has continued, with well in excess of 1000 missing persons reports having been filed in the past week. A police spokesman giving a press conference today has said that ‘there is no need for panic. We in the emergency services are working as hard as we can to find these people as soon as possible.’ Alarmist factions are reporting that these are portents of the things to come…..

Three days until outbreak.

…Hospitals all over the country have been inundated with people falling sick with this new virus. Outbreak advisers have been dispatched to towns and cities all over the country to help local emergency services deal with the escalating problem. The official advice is not to worry, but take extra precautions to stay healthy and safe.

The number of missing persons reports filled in a month has hit a record high and other countries are having similar experiences. Does this have something to do with this strange new disease? Is this the end of days, as so many are starting proclaim? Find out in our special news bulletin at 10…

One day until outbreak.

…Over the past few days many hospitals in large cities have been forced to shut down, however people have been told not to worry, as doctors and nurses are being sent out to function as smaller, decentralised clinics in your local area right now. The governmental advisor for health has asked for calm, but that people should try and stay home if the need to go out is not urgent….

Outbreak

…This is a all frequencies broadcast. Stay in your homes. There have been a number of isolated incidents around the country, which the emergency services are handling, but while these emergencies are being taken care of we ask for your cooperation. There is no need to panic. The government is well prepared for an eventuality such as this…

1 Day after outbreak

…Do not attempt to reason with these people. I repeat Do Not attempt to reason with the members of these violent gangs. Military personnel are being dispatched as we speak to help those in need, but it may take up to two weeks for them to reach more isolated areas…

2 Days after outbreak

[no further broadcasts]

In the town of Kirkbrook many aspects of the world at large pass the residents by, but these strange reports from around the country are too big to ignore.

The first infected to make it to the town was on the third day after the government issued the order to stay indoors. Everyone had, of course, ignored this and continued with life as normal until the stranger started attacking people. Three were taken ill and one badly injured from the attack before the stranger was killed. One of the injured had practically thrown himself at the stranger with a shout of ‘blessed pinnacle of humanity take me into the fold!’ before being viciously mauled and bitten by the bloodthirsty stranger. The crazed man seemed strangely impervious to pain, and continued to fight even after he had been shot once in the shoulder.

The three persons were taken to the small local hospital, but after a few hours were declared dead.

Shortly afterwards they go back up and attacked many of the doctors, nurses and staff within the hospital. Soon there were over 40 people who had gone crazy and the hospital had to be cordoned off.

Major Bather declared a state of emergency within the town and called a meeting in the town hall. Almost as soon as it had begun, a farmer from the outskirts of town ran in to tell of a massive horde of people coming from the west, shambling and moaning, just like the first stranger and those since infected. The mayor ordered everyone present to board up the hall in order to protect from the horde, but took it upon himself to check the farmer’s word, so set off with the man to see these strange people. He has not returned.

By the farmer’s reckoning the horde will not reach town until the evening, you have the rest of the day to prepare.

DAY 1 BEGINS

The day will end in approximately 48 hours.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-01, 11:54 AM
"Oh god... The army will sort this out right? RIGHT? a small nervous man says as they move into the hall. "I just don't want to die...*sobs*"

I randomly point at Fin
Scavenge

Phase
2009-07-01, 12:09 PM
James Parton sits quietly on a bench near the back of the Main Room. He had been following the reports of disease for some time now, but had not been fully prepared.

He stands up silently and spends the afternoon quietly Fortifying the barricades. Anyone close enough to hear him can tell he is quietly muttering: "Can't go out there don't want to get taken they can't be trusted they can't be trusted better safe than sorry better safe than sorry better safe than sorry..."

EDIT: James does not trust those around him, but he does so with equal opportunity, and believes there should be no lynch. The more people, the less likely he'll be picked off...

Saint Nil
2009-07-01, 12:10 PM
^-(Wow, I had just randomly picked Phase, I didn't expect to be ninjaed by him:smalleek:)
HAIL THE GLORIOUS ONES!!! ALLOW THEM TO BRING US TO THE NEXT AWAKENING!!

The graffiti sprayed on the side of townhall went on, but Eric stopped reading after this point, content to spit at the rambling of these psychopaths. Fools really, thinking that this was "cool".

Eric brought the wood back from his home and started to Fortify the town hall, ordering kids back into the meeting hall.

It had been a year since Eric moved here, hoping to move away from the city, the violence, where his wife and unborn child were killed.

Eric sure as hell wasn't going to let anyone else be hurt.

This was only one Phase of his life, he would succeed.

Lord Loss
2009-07-01, 12:20 PM
Kelvin decides to go Scavenge for misc. items, hoping that someone will brighten his day and help him cope with the apocalypse whilst searching for anything to aid the survival of the community

He looks around the town ,hoping to find his companion, and begins to scour the town and outlying regions. As he pauses and looks up at the sky, he takes a deep breath. The air is clean and fresh, but rendered bitter by the memory of the slaughter that has just taken place.

In the middle of the field, after many long hours i fall asleep and see aFace of Evil in my dreams... he is evil...

Dr. Bath
2009-07-01, 12:24 PM
Remember, unless you want a completely random item, you need to specify the type (armament, medicine, information, miscellaneous).

If you don't want to vote on a day, put no lynch in one of your posts.

Fortifying is in bold green

Scavenging is in bold blue

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-01, 12:28 PM
Ammended

Scavenge Medicine

Deathslayer7
2009-07-01, 12:30 PM
A tall man stands looking about, his eyes searching around at everyone in the room. He quietly keeps his thoughts to himself. It would do good to have some sort of fortification, but if supplies weren't brought in, then in the end, they were all as good as goners.

Jon stands up, his thoughts done. He'll go scavenge to see if he could find anything useful. As he leaves, he eyes the town hall, noticing weak points and the like.

He notices one person sulking in the corner. He looked like he had a face of evil.

Lamech
2009-07-01, 12:33 PM
A sleek black cat sneaks out of the town hall. He then jumps through an open window into Murska's house, to see if he can find anything interesting. After coming up empty he goes out to meet the hoard and beg for food. When they don't respond he jumps on a zombie's head and sleeps.
OOC: Scavenging for information And I won't be killed by the narrator for my roleplay right?
Edit: See siggy

Khaeta
2009-07-01, 12:36 PM
Reposting, with major edit. Cause nobody would notice it otherwise. (Yes, I made sure all actions are the same, just added backstory and details)

(OOC)Face of Evil for cultist of the day!

Nathan walks slowly but purposefully among the debris-strewn wasteland that was once his home, scavenging for the armaments he knows would be necessary for survival. The destruction makes no difference to him, really, he had spent the majority of his 28 or so years wandering from place to place, never being at home anywhere. He never got along with anyone after what happened, they all knew he was holding something back, something about his past, and some part of himself. He knew all along that he would never find a true home again.

He had not the courage to kill himself, but neither had he will to live. He viewed his half-life as a burden, but one that he would wish on no-one else. If he were to die, he wanted at least to save it for something worthwhile.

Now, perhaps that time has come.

Dr. Bath
2009-07-01, 12:40 PM
A sleek black cat sneaks out of the town hall. He then jumps through an open window into Murska's house, to see if he can find anything interesting. After coming up empty he goes out to meet the hoard and beg for food. When they don't respond he jumps on a zombie's head and sleeps.
OOC: Scavenging for information And I won't be killed by the narrator for my roleplay right?

No...not yet anyway. Just so long as it doesn't start talking... The zombies aren't here yet, they are still quite a distance away. Just so you know.

Fan
2009-07-01, 12:42 PM
A slightly derranged looking teenager sets down his copy of Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide/ the best non fiction book ever written. He looks around outside, spotting on rather nutty looking Connor Darkdart., before he filled his bath tub, and sink with water, and Foritified his home with some old 2 by 4's, and knocking out the stair case. His parents had been among the first 3 to die, and he knew things wouldn't end well with this series of events.

PirateMonk
2009-07-01, 01:24 PM
A kindly old man sets to work fortifying the barricades, and remarks to no one in particular, "We shouldn't panic. There's no need to 'lynch' anyone."

Kyouhen
2009-07-01, 01:24 PM
I point at Night Surgeon and loudly proclaim "WITCH!!!"

I then wave my flashlight in his face a bit before running out the nearest door and Scavenging for Misc items.

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-01, 01:35 PM
Mike could only shake his head in disbelief, while fortifying the Town Hall, as he saw the actions of his fellow townspeople.

"Unbelievable... The town needs to be properly fortified, if we want to survive any single night, and they are only looking for loots among the rubbish. I swear, we will all be dead because of them. Bah! They even want to throw another person outside the walls. Preposterous... There's no way, I'm gonna support it. We need every pair of hands, to prepare the town for zombie invasion..."

(No lynch)

Dirk Kris
2009-07-01, 01:46 PM
Starr, a stunning redhead who moved to town just after the Christmas holiday, watches the horizon with narrowed eyes. "This sucks." She says this sagely, as a fact. She looks down at the picture of her fiancee' - gone missing a month before she moved here - and tucks it away, then gets to work fortifying. ((Talic))

Talic
2009-07-01, 01:47 PM
With a casual disdain for all the common riffraff scurrying about, Rex Hardcastle begins poking around the abandoned buildings. Doubting he'd be any good with a hammer, and absolutely abhorring the concept of manual labor, he Scavenges for Armaments.
Rex bumps into Kopaka as he's leaving the police station.

"Watch it, buddy! These shoes are worth more than you make in a year!" Rex then storms past the townie, brushes off the dust from his blazer, and mutters, "God, why did my Benz have to break down in the breeding ground for rednecks? I need a Starbucks. and Scotch. Lots of Scotch."

(Heh, every zombie movie has the obligatory rich jerk that bites it near the end of the movie.)

Recaiden
2009-07-01, 01:55 PM
Allen walks down the street.
They ain't worth a thing if you end up dead. Now, this may be the only day it's safe to get anything done. This is definitely a new Phase of our lives.
Not wanting to be around people panicking, he heads out to scavenge for whatever useful thing he can find.

((No lynch helps the wolves, right? We can't just wait for them to get killed by zombies.))

Uncle Festy
2009-07-01, 02:13 PM
He wanders through the town, faded black suit open to reveal a dirty white shirt beneath. Behind him rolls a suitcase, the words "MARVALO THE MAGNIFICENT" painted on it in clashing green and purple. His tall, black hat is faded with use, and an off-white dove sits on his shoulder, squaking mournfully. He digs through the rubble, scavenging for any information on how this could have happened…
((Oh, and No Lynch.))

Reinholdt
2009-07-01, 02:32 PM
((Connor Darkdart
Scavenge for Armaments
RP later.
V It was random. My first day is always random.))

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-01, 02:34 PM
[[Why ares people pickings on me? I did nothing but RP myself being scared... :smallfrown:]]

Szilard
2009-07-01, 02:53 PM
Szilard goes about fortifying. He might consider stealing from vons later though.:smalltongue:

Edit: Night Surgeon.

Lamech
2009-07-01, 03:24 PM
No...not yet anyway. Just so long as it doesn't start talking... The zombies aren't here yet, they are still quite a distance away. Just so you know.
Wasn't planning on it. And I figured I'd meet them halfway and ride back.:smallsmile: I assume they're the shambling kind of zombies right?

Murska
2009-07-01, 04:41 PM
(Face of Evil since lynches are good. And Scavenge.

Selrahc
2009-07-01, 04:52 PM
Hells guys! The apocalypse came and I didn't bring a shotgun. Better go scavenge for one.

And well.. nobody here looks too nasty. I guess I'll vote for a no lynch. ((I'd rather not lynch people who don't play the games much on the first day, and none of our regulars have a bandwagon behind them..))

Fan
2009-07-01, 04:54 PM
I point at Night Surgeon and loudly proclaim "WITCH!!!"

I then wave my flashlight in his face a bit before running out the nearest door and Scavenging for Misc items.

The odd man finds himself running into a boarded door. Yeah. Night Surgeons fast like that. He looks down at the man, from his demolished stair case, and asks him simply.
"Wanna come up? It'll be safer up here, I don't think those things can climb, and I have water, and food in the atic should they be able to. Even if I am a witch, what's important right now is Survival, and survival alone is pretty much impossible."

FoE
2009-07-01, 05:36 PM
Stop it. Stop staring at me. Stop it.

I'm practically hunched down in the corner, scribbling furiously on my notepad. My eyes are down, and I'm sweating a bit. I'm not trying to be noticed, but even still I'm drawing stares from the crowd.

I shouldn't have come.

I should be back at my apartment, getting ready. What the hell brought me out there? Journalistic integrity? I work for the ****ing Kirkbrook Mirror, for crying out loud. The biggest story I've written about in the past two months was about some religious nutters spraypainting graffiti on the town hall.

Well, and this.

Somebody has to keep track of what happened here, I tell myself. Someday, you'll be writing an article about this day in Time Magazine, or you'll publish the story in a book.

Yeah, great. Meanwhile, I have about a half dozen of these yokels glaring at me and muttering to themselves. Great. I'm a stranger, so naturally I must be dangerous. I'm probably infected and just waiting to start chomping on these people.

The mayor urging people to stay calm. A few folks are shouting. Others are crying. Most are heading for the door.

I do the same. I get a few ugly glares along the way.

I think people are starting to organize. When I left town hall, there were some people muttering in a circle, whispering something about guns ...

God, what's going to happen? Everyone's so scared and no one trusts each other. It can't keep building like this. Are these people going to start forming mobs and hanging people in the town square?

No. I won't stoop to that level. Not yet. No lynching for me.

All around me people are scavenging for food or weapons, or boarding up their homes. I take a few photos, scribble down some notes and I Scavenge for information.

The Bookworm
2009-07-01, 05:56 PM
No lynch
Scavange for information

Kyouhen
2009-07-01, 05:56 PM
The odd man finds himself running into a boarded door. Yeah. Night Surgeons fast like that. He looks down at the man, from his demolished stair case, and asks him simply.
"Wanna come up? It'll be safer up here, I don't think those things can climb, and I have water, and food in the atic should they be able to. Even if I am a witch, what's important right now is Survival, and survival alone is pretty much impossible."

"I'd love to, but I think it would be best to do as much looting for anything useful as we can before the zombies show up. Especially if they're the cheezy fast running kind. Going to be hard to sneak around down here if that's the case. If they're the shambling kind it won't be so bad."

evnafets
2009-07-01, 06:01 PM
evnafets points at Opeth Freak
Are you fortifying the town hall, or just making it easy for them to get in to us?

scavenge for miscellaneous (but useful) items

Aemoh
2009-07-01, 06:02 PM
As I recall, us normal folk just need to survive a set number of days, no? I think no lynch would be to our advantage.

Also, I Scavenge for Medicine.

QUICK EDIT: If someone can find fault with my statement, lemme know please. Cultists can only recruit four times total, so no real worry there.

billtodamax
2009-07-01, 06:36 PM
((Scavenge for Misc.
No lynch))
A teen walks out of his house. Pasty skinned, black, dirty hair, and an arrogant look on his face, he surveys the scene.
"Great. What's happened now." He says. A short little woman, with her light brown hair tied up into a bob, so you can only see the hint of greys, scurries over to what can assumed to be her son.
Oh dearie dearie me, there' been some sort of horrible disease! I think we should all just get back inside and wait it out. Wouldn't want to catch anything! Oh dear, no. The government's told us to stay in our houses, and I think that it's probably best just to wait for them to bail us out!
The teenager sighs dramatically at his mother.
Mum, I'm not staying in the house all day just because of some wannabe cold.
But dear, the government said it was serious! And besides, you normally stay in the house all day anyway.
The teenager sighs again. Seems he does that a lot.
Yeah but... the power's out. He says, awkwardly.
This gets a gale of laughter from the older woman. The teenager stands there looking uncomfortable.
Ooh hoo hoo, ah ha ha ha. Ha, ha. Oh fine then, let's go see what the neighbours are doing. I suppose we have time to check up on them before the disease spreads out here.
But I hate the neighbours. Says the teenager.
Oh come on sweetie, I heard Mr. green had a power generator!
...Fine, let's go.
The scruffy teenager and the short woman start walking down the road.

Phase
2009-07-01, 07:17 PM
James pushes a large filing cabinet down the hall, toward the large front doors. Along the way he stops in front of a spray-painted message:
"They Will Retrieve Us"

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-01, 08:17 PM
evnafets points at Opeth Freak
Are you fortifying the town hall, or just making it easy for them to get in to us?

scavenge for miscellaneous (but useful) items

"Huh?"

Mike turned in the direction of the guy who accused him.

"Excuse me? Do my tool looks like a Sledgehammer to you? Am I pounding these walls to weaken them? Instead of pointing at me, you should be damn grateful, that someone is trying to make shelter for all of you people, before the bunch of ****ing zombies will come and eat you all..."

Still mumbling under his nose, Mike went back to work.

Fawkes
2009-07-01, 08:26 PM
Franklin Wilson doesn't get out much. He's single, works from home, and doesn't have very many friends in Kirkbrook. The most contact Franklin has with the world is through his apartment window. As he looks out the window this morning, the town seems different.

There's a strange energy in the air today. People an't following their regular routines. Traffic moves at a different pace, crowds walk in different directions. Mesmerized, Franklin watches the window for hours. Finally, without fully understanding why, Franklin gets his coat.

Stepping out and walking the street for the first time in days, Franklin makes his way down to town hall.

The town hall is packed with people. Franklin watches as the crowd grabs everything they can find and crams it against the door and windows. Franklin asks everyone who passes if they know what's going on. It seems everyone is too busy to speak.

Unable to determine the cause of this behavior, Franklin shrugs and joins in. He walks over to an attractive young redhead who is preoccupied with a heavy filing cabinet. Without a word, Franklin starts to help her push the cabinet into the fortifications.

No lynch.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-01, 08:28 PM
No lynch just gives the cultists a free conversionwith no risk of losing the power day 1 as far as I'm concerned so Connor Darkdart

I'll scavenge for miscellaneous items

billtodamax
2009-07-01, 08:32 PM
The teenager is walking towards the town hall.
Mum, can't we just go home? Mr. Green agreed to let us use his generator.
Oh come on sweetie, we need to find out what's happening! Don't you want to know what this disease is? Mr. Green seemed very worried.
Couldn't care less, Mum.
Oh come on sweetie, it'll be fun!
Fine then, we'll see what's happening, then I'll go home and play Left 4 Dead.
Oh, you know I hate it when you play those games.
Yes mum.

ThePhantom
2009-07-01, 08:40 PM
Everything changes, and sometimes, the changes are ones that are leading to a giant storm, that change life forever, in a bad way. These changes, seem like a prelude to such a storm.

Erik Nemo, a clerk at the town hall, thinks this as he heads out of the town hall for a quick run to get a little medicine, just for his allergy.
(Scavenging Medicine Also phase])

Quintis
2009-07-01, 09:39 PM
I scavenge for miscellaneous items.
Then I point at Face of Evil.

horngeek
2009-07-01, 10:33 PM
Horngeek walks through. He decides to fortify the barriers. He thinks that no lynch is a good idea at this early stage.

EDIT: Fixed the colours.

billtodamax
2009-07-01, 10:35 PM
fortify should be written in green, horngeek.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-07-01, 11:56 PM
(Shame on you folks pointing at poor FoE. That's some darn good RP on his part. I know you want to point at him cuz its easy to work the phrase "face of evil" into your post, but that's the easy way out. Now when you can work "Iamech" or "Kyouhen" into your post and highlight that in red, then I'll be impressed. :smallsmile:)

*In the Town Hall, a llama, who's back story we'll get into in a future post because Atreyu REALLY needs to get to bed and doesn't have time for a long post right now, starts pushing a couch against the barricade hoping to fortify it.*

We will say that the llama was once part of a circus, Melvin's Circus of the Cool and Mysterious and Exciting, home of the famous Cthulhu worshiping robotic lizard, "Ia! Mecha Godzilla". (See, that wasn't so hard.) After the outbreak, the llama's keeper set it free, and it scampered out to find shelter. The majority of the circus stayed behind and used Ia! Mecha Godzilla to fight off some zombies before becoming "Melvin's Circus of the Cool and Mysterious and Undead." Ia! Mecha Godzilla avoided zombification and will probably never be mentioned again and its probable that the circus won't be mentioned anymore, either.

Jontom Xire
2009-07-02, 03:36 AM
Kopaka wants to die. Who am I to deny him?

Jontom heads out to Scavenge whatever he can (random) before the hoard arrives.

---

Did I understand the rules right that if you fortify you are guaranteed a place even if there are not enough places for everyone?

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 03:40 AM
No, I think that whoever's kicked out is random, unless the lovers are sharing a space, then they're kicked out first. Fortifying doesn't guarantee you a place. F'r instance, if a couple of cultists hurt the barricade, then some people will get kicked out.

banthesun
2009-07-02, 04:01 AM
As the shambling horde drew ever closer to the town, they drew upon the crumpled shell of a car rolled over ont its side, lying in the middle of a field. The driver must have hit a rock or spun on some sand trying to escape the approaching creatures. The front door of the car was open on the raised side of the viechle. They mass of zombies milled round the wreck, not stopping to examine it. There was no one inside.

Perhaps a wandering helicopter charting the devistation would be able to see the following scene spread out on the green canvas of the field. The lines of the infected making their endless march. The form of the car, lying abandoned in the grass. And the lone figure running ahead of the horde.

Jacob was desperate. Why, why did he have to crash that car? His best chance lying unsalvageable in a ditch. Now he was running, short on breath, but desperate for an escape. His leather jacket flapped around him as he stumbled, making him look like a giant bird. In his right hand he held a meat cleaver he'd scavanged. Sweat hung on his brow and his breath burned in his chest.

As he crested a small rise, Jacob saw the town appear infront of him. The possiblity of a new car, if he learned how to hotwire. Maybe even a chance for salvation from this damned mess. Desperate, Jacob ran towards the town.

To Jacob's suprise, the town was filled with people. Noone seemed to have fled yet. They were all throwing suspicious glances at the new arrival. There was confusion and looting, but Jacob felt awkward, and was unable to steal a car. The hub of the activity seemed to be the city's town hall. The citizens had been building barracades around it, brilliant! Somewhere to stay, at least.

"Please. Please let me in!" Jacob panted to one of the citizens maning the baricades. "I'm not one of them, I just want a place to stay." He realised he was still holding his cleaver. He tossed it aside, "please, I'm not a threat to anyone. I can work. I can help FORTIFY these baricades, just please give me a spot."

((I agree with Atreyu, it's not nice to lynch like that, especially in a game like this. NO LYNCH. Just as a thought, wouldn't it only be necessary to kill the cultist with the brainwashing power, or if they approach outnumbering us? Perhaps it would be possible to force a cultist to scavange for us? They can't do any harm scavanging, right?

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 04:09 AM
Oh don't worry about that. Says a short little lady near Jacob
I'm sure there's plenty of room in the town hall for you, though I don't see what everyone's worrying about, people are just a bit under the weather.
Mum! You're embarrassing me!
Oh shush, I'm sure this nice lad here doesn't mind.

Oddity
2009-07-02, 04:21 AM
Robin was feeling dismal.
He was the unluckiest in the town, the only one to have BOTH his parents killed.
(They were well respected doctors at a nearby hospital and were killed on duty)
He considered moping around for the whole day, but judgment guided him to scavenge for any leftover medicine.
"I ain't gonna be one of them monsters!"

Whilst browsing, a man strolled past (well he would have if Robin hadn't been in the way), knocking Robin to the ground he ordered "You got money, I know you do, Gimme." as he said this he had the kindness to point a pistol at Robin and open the palm with of other hand.
"I ain't giving you nothing" replied the troubled teen.

After being beaten and left to lie, he picked himself up and promptly went on to finding his survival items. "Man, if I had a gun I could have got rid of him... Figures that I always get the bad luck."

Knowing that a guy like that would easily get his head blown off sooner or later, Robin decided to focus on other matters. Connor Darkdart never did seem the heroic type.

banthesun
2009-07-02, 04:24 AM
In his desperation Jacob hadn't noticed the little lady beside him. She was letting him in? Though he wasn't sure how much authority this woman had round here, he wasn't going to turn down any invitation.

"Thank you ma'm," he said and scurried over the barricades. Then it hit him, "just a bit under the weather"? "Actualy, um, do you know what's going on?" He hadn't meant it as a question, but that's how it came out.

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 04:35 AM
Not really dearie, the government just said there was a bit of an illness going around and everyonee seems to be over-reacting.
Mum...
Oh shush.

banthesun
2009-07-02, 05:00 AM
Ah, this lady hasn't a clue whats going on! How backwards was this town?

"Um, I don't quite think so. I saw, -people- back there. Whatever it is, it looks really bad. And it's coming this way. You might want to flee or something. I don't know."

Lord Loss
2009-07-02, 05:03 AM
(OOC In response to the complaint about putting face of evil because his name's easy, I lynched because in his post, he sounds deluded, he is therefore, in my character's Point of view an imbecile or a cultist. either way, GONE!)

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 05:09 AM
The teenager looks suspicious. Just what kind of disease is this?
Oh stop bothering the nice man, I'm sure it's nothing.
Mum, they're barracading the town hall, I'm fairly sure it's worse than a cough and a fever.
Don't knock fevers dear, they can be quite deadly!
Mum... The teenager sighs.

Lord Loss
2009-07-02, 05:39 AM
Arriving at the scene I explain quickly and hurriedly to the unfortubately ignorant couple:

It's a Horrible thing that robs it's victim of their free will and replaces it with an Urge to spread the disease. You become mindles... almost like a Zombie.

Don't leave town. Ever. Watch out, some madmen support the cultists. Whatever you do, either ignore them or kill them off. Do not stay near!

Now, I'll go back to work.

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 05:47 AM
The teenager burst out laughing.
Ha ha ha ha, Zombies, that's a good one. He says.
Now I'm just going to jump in my time travel machine and go fight a vampire!
Sweetie, don't be so mean to the poor man, he's obviously... confused.
Mum, he's crazy!
Dear, don't be so blunt! I'm sorry, my son can be a little rude at times. The little lady apologizes.

banthesun
2009-07-02, 05:57 AM
There, he said it. He said Zombie. Of course we were all thinking it, but say it and suddenly you sound like a nutter. At least he didn't sound like the weirdo this time. And what was he saying about these cultists? Jacob hadn't seen anything regarding that yet. It would explain those people arguing around the place, at least. If he could be believed.

"Yeah, it was kinda like that, I guess. It was all a little confusing," Jacob wouldn't push it, he didn't want to sound like a loony.

The man hadn't really left anything for Jacob to add, but at least he hadn't tried to kick him out of the barricades. Perhaps that meant he was accepted in. That was certainly a relief.

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 06:05 AM
Don't tell me you believe that? Says the teenager.
Sweetie, please.
Fine then Mum. We'll just ignore everyone going crazy.
Sweetie!
What?
Don't be so rude!
The teenager sighs again, and folds his arm.

Fin
2009-07-02, 06:19 AM
Right then, well we're gonna need some supplies! So it looks like I'll go scavenge some medicine seeing as people are likely to get bitten or shot or something else completely ridiculous! Bah! Zombies, really! Who ever heard of Zombies in this day and age? Have you billtodamax?

banthesun
2009-07-02, 06:23 AM
Was he mad? Zombies, eh? What kind of world was that? Was this just what he got for staying up past midnight watching trashy cult hits? Then why was everybody else acting like this?

"Sorry, it might just be some kind'a virus." Wait a moment, he wasn't going to take this from some kid! "But it definitely seems a lot worse. These people seem to believe something's happening. I definitely don't want to end up like the people back there. Your choice if you believe it or not!"

He hoped he hadn't gone too far. But it was too late to think about that now. Jacob scooped up a hammer and some nails, and turned to the barricades.

banjo1985
2009-07-02, 06:24 AM
"Oh no, damnit....not again..."

A short kid in a Red Sox baseball cap and a red sports jacket was listening to the theories being thrown around, and his eyes widened in terrified recognition when Billtodamax said 'Zombie'. He shakes his head, chewing nervously on the sleeve of his jacket.

"If it is zombies we're all dead, don't you know that?"

He's deadly serious, a strange expression to see in a boy who can't be any more than twelve years old. He pats his pockets, wondering whether he still has the thing that helped out last time. It would be just his luck to have left it in his other jacket.

((Scavenging for Armaments, namely the water pistol full of lighter fluid he managed to cobble together in the last game. And No lynch, the zombies will do more than enough killing.))

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 06:30 AM
Don't worry kid, we'll be fine. He said. There's no zombies coming to get us, people are just going a little crazy. He reaches down to ruffle the kid's hair.
Where are your parents young man? Asks the little lady.
I think you should just come along with us until we find your parents! Won't be safe with all the zombies. Oo hoo hoo!

smellie_hippie
2009-07-02, 06:37 AM
Zombies? Don' be ridiculous... tha's just a gang of unruly teenagers that got ridiculously out o' hand. Now don' get me wrong, that shoulda been stopped by the law a looong time ago... an I hope they be comin' here soon. In tha meantime, I suggest we all work on Fortifying tha walls ta keep them outside!

But that guy over there, he looks mighty suspicious...
Llama

*hippie goes back to locking windows and doors, and placing extra furniture agaist the doorways to help support.*

Lord Loss
2009-07-02, 07:36 AM
Hearing, the criticism of the townspeople , kelvin decides to rephrase.

Look, I'll put it Nicely, sais Kelvin. It's a disease that makes you go insane and bite people, making them do the same. They're not living dead or anything. I was just comparing thier behaviour to that of zombies so it would confirm in a better manner in the mind of your son. It's probably a new strain of Alzheimer's... well, maybe not. But it's not traditional sense of brain eating zombies. No worries...

Has anyone seen a young woman with Aubrun Hair. Just asking! her name is... oh never mind it's nothing... I'll go look myself. And he promptly departs, looking for his Bien-Aimée...

Dirk Kris
2009-07-02, 08:00 AM
The town hall is packed with people. Franklin watches as the crowd grabs everything they can find and crams it against the door and windows. Franklin asks everyone who passes if they know what's going on. It seems everyone is too busy to speak.

Unable to determine the cause of this behavior, Franklin shrugs and joins in. He walks over to an attractive young redhead who is preoccupied with a heavy filing cabinet. Without a word, Franklin starts to help her push the cabinet into the fortifications.

Starr smiles shyly at the young man who comes to help her. "Thanks. Everyone's so busy I thought I was gonna have to spend all day lugging this thing over there." A light sheen of sweat shines on her forehead as she extends a pale hand, covered with dust and grime from moving things into the barricade. "I don't know that we've met before. Imagine that, in a town this small. I'm Starr." Blushing faintly, she puts her shoulder against the filing cabinet and starts pushing again.

Phase
2009-07-02, 08:18 AM
Having helped clear out several adjacent rooms, James takes this time to step outside, though not very far, near where a group of people seems to be arguing.

He hugs himself tightly and stares off into the distance.

"I-I saw them they-I saw them. Came from the-I saw them." He says, just loud enough that the people working and arguing could hear him

Khaeta
2009-07-02, 09:40 AM
He could see them coming, see the far off dust cloud rising high into the sky. The wind whistled around him, cold and dry, and he pulled his meager jacket tighter around his wiry frame. He could hear the sound of arguing drifting with the breeze, heard the fearful accusations and calls for the death of others. He even heard some voices ordering his death, the death of the wanderer who seemed so aloof from the others.

He decided he didn't care, and already regretted accusing the poor journalist from the suburbs. He hoped that his mistake wouldn't cost the poor man his life, and wondered if he could somehow make amends...people were already panicking, such things could wait. Right now all that mattered was preparation for the coming storm. Nathan returned to his search of the abandoned houses, hoping he could find something useful in time to get inside. They were coming.

Hyozo
2009-07-02, 12:03 PM
FortifyNo lynch I'll roleplay when I have time to.

Fawkes
2009-07-02, 06:45 PM
Starr smiles shyly at the young man who comes to help her. "Thanks. Everyone's so busy I thought I was gonna have to spend all day lugging this thing over there." A light sheen of sweat shines on her forehead as she extends a pale hand, covered with dust and grime from moving things into the barricade. "I don't know that we've met before. Imagine that, in a town this small. I'm Starr." Blushing faintly, she puts her shoulder against the filing cabinet and starts pushing again.

Franklin smiles nervously as he shakes her hand, already intimidated. "Yeah, I, uh... I don't get out much." He winces. Smooth... "My, er, my name's Franklin."

Oddity
2009-07-03, 05:31 AM
The teen overhears a very distraught man muttering some very disturbing words.
"I knew it, they're comin' to get me. Wasn't enough that they killed my family, now they have to finish the job. Well I daint be a lettin' them"

He pulled his phone out of his already tattered pocket, about to call someone and tell them about this madness. Then he realized that service was out and even if it hadn'r he would have had no one to talk to.
"Fine then, I don't care if everyone else rots in hell"

Strolling along he passed a small gathering of people, a man was reassuring
a kid and his mother that the things were zombie-like. He seemed to be having a hard time explaining this so Robin spoke up.
"Hes right you know. What else could rip both of my parents heads off and nick off with the brains? Yea your lucky bro, your Mommy is still there to protect you."
The lady and her son gave him vacant stares disbelieving the young man's story.
He remembered the kid from school, a little runty but had everything going for him, a whole world away now, but some things pop into one's head at the oddest moments in time.
"Don't look like y'all will stand up long against them brutes, even with this 'ere old lady protecting you. I re'on ya either hole up in your house, get in your car and go, or less likely, get some skill and learn to fend for yourself."
Trying to act tough somehow lost it's effect as Robin hobbled away, his leg border lining on broken from his earlier encounter.

"I do hate when kids whine about their situations. Wish the old lady would just keel over, that'd put a frown on his face for sure"

Still limping, Robin set off to once again.
Little did he know he was straying near the outskirts of the town...

GAThraawn
2009-07-03, 01:05 PM
(Well, I'll probably get lynched post-haste for this roleplay, but somebody's gotta do it...)

As the townsfolk gather together, trying to explain the recent calamities and debating back and forth in hushed tones about the possibility of zombies a new figure appears from the outskirts of the town, looking somewhat manic with a scraggly, unkempt beard, long greasy hair and a slightly wild look in his eye.

"Ooh, they're coming all right. Hordes of them, sweeping away all our vanities and conceits, tearing out all our imperfections so that we may be reborn, renewed, invigorated and perfected!"

The villiagers who deign to notice the crazyman look at him as though he were a, well, crazyman. Stumbling forwards to try and halt the progress of a young couple who were busy moving a filing cabinet to barricade a window, he succeeds only in getting shoved roughly aside.

"Fools! Heathens! Do you not understand what is happening? This is the end of days, armegeddon is upon us, and those beings, those luminous angels are our salvation! They will rend from us all the greed and corruption and decadence that has marred our pitiful civilization, and let us live again without any material needs to blemish our souls."

He staggers over to the conversation centered around a teenager and his mother, who has grown quiet at the loud proclamations of this vagabond. The pungent odour of brandy is distinct on his breath.

"Have you seen them? They are beautiful. They march here, together, in perfect harmony, no arguments or dissent in their ranks, never suffering the distractions of hunger, thirst, exaustion, just endlessly marching in their tireless crusade to liberate us from our frail and feeble existances. How can we do anything but welcome them with open arms!"

Turning back to the city hall, he attempts to sabotage fortify, I mean fortify the barricades by throwing things randomly to the floor (to, uh...make crossing the uneven ground more difficult for the zombies. That get inside the hall...indeed...) before being pulled off by a bystander who has had enough of his drunken ramblings.

"Now, you listen here..."

The ex-preacher's strength gives way before the man can get any further, and he collapses, being put down gently only by the strangers instinctive grip on his arm. Muttering a faint thanK you, he nods swiftly off into a drunken stupor. (Hey Llama, how'd you like them apples, eh?)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-07-03, 02:31 PM
The ex-preacher's strength gives way before the man can get any further, and he collapses, being put down gently only by the strangers instinctive grip on his arm. Muttering a faint thanK you, he nods swiftly off into a drunken stupor. (Hey Llama, how'd you like them apples, eh?)

(AWESOME!! I approve.)

Dr. Bath
2009-07-03, 02:51 PM
DAY 1 ENDS

Tallying of votes and calculation of items and barracades now commencing. This may take some time.

Dr. Bath
2009-07-03, 04:59 PM
Almost as soon as the mayor leaves to check upon the alleged horde, townsfolk start to talk of throwing undesirables out of the barricaded town hall to survive on their own. A few names spread around the large room in hushed voices.

You seen that new feller?
The journo? Yeah… looks fishy to me…
Got an evil look to him

Luckily the more bloodthirsty of residents are hushed by saner individuals. No one is being lynched today.

As the barracade nears completion and the scavengers scurry back with their loot the zombie horde reaches the edge of town. It will be a long night.

NIGHT BEGINS

Get your actions in to me by 00:00 Monday GMT. Item pms and list up tomorrow or sunday. Sorry for the delay.

Phase
2009-07-03, 05:22 PM
NIGHT BEGINS

Get your actions in to me by 00:00 Monday GMT. Item pms and list up tomorrow or sunday. Sorry for the delay.

By actions, you mean... what, exactly?

Apologies, I'm new to WW.

billtodamax
2009-07-03, 05:28 PM
Woah, GAThraawn voted like a ninja!

@Phase: Some people, like the doctor, the teenage lovers, and the cultist leader alll have night actions which they PM the narrator at night to use. If you go back and look at the roles you'll see a few of these.

Oddity
2009-07-03, 11:54 PM
The teenager sat down under a tree, taking a rest
(the day's scavenging had made him exausted).
He saw movement in the distance and thought nothing of it, that was before he heard the groaning...
Statements like; "Uhhh... I Want BRAINSSSS", "Uh" and "Muhmmiee" were resounding from the moving figures. Robin took half a second to realize what was coming his way.
"Oh ****! It's them zombies"
(OOC I apologize for the profanity, but what else could this teenager say?)
Robin sprung up and limped all the way back to town. He was lucky that the zombies were not any faster.
Finally after an hour of running he made it back to town. After leaping behind the barricades he proceeded to yell like a madman for the rest of the night.
"Oh God! they are so ugly. They're comin' for us. We're all gonna die!"

billtodamax
2009-07-04, 02:14 AM
Dear, I think they may be serious!
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about Mum.

Deathslayer7
2009-07-04, 02:26 AM
Jon moves to the teenager and whacks him about the head pretty well.

Anyone else need a good whack of common sense!? he yells out. If so, I'll give it to ya! Otherwise keep your wits about ya! He seems angry.

Oddity
2009-07-04, 02:31 AM
Robin shuts up and quietly caresses the numerous wounds he accumulated during the last 24 hours.
He somehow manages to coherently mumble
"Wish mum was here. Man that guy is angry"

Deathslayer7
2009-07-04, 02:39 AM
Seeing Robin quiet he'll turn to the crowd.

We all need to keep our wits about us if we want to survive this! This isn't some cartoon where the good guys always win! Hell no! This is life! We aren't going to be saved by the military. Hell why would they even come for us? No, if we are to survive this, we have to do it ourselves.

Now those of you who want to go out there and become one of them, be my guest. But i'll blow your ****ing head off the moment I can! Want to whine about how'll die! Screw it! Go jump off the building and end your life already!

But those of you who want to actually stand up and fight? Well, I'll be proud to fight alongside you. So what are you going to do? Are you going to sit there like a bunch of pansies? Or are you going to get off your ass and do something!?

He glares at the crowd for some sort of reaction.

billtodamax
2009-07-04, 02:47 AM
Sweetie, I think there might be actual zombies!
Yeah mum, I noticed that. I say we wait till nighttime. If there's no zombies, will we finally move out of this sh*tty little town?
Dear I wish you'd stop calling our town that, sweetie.

Talic
2009-07-04, 03:30 AM
A solitary, slow clapping begins from somewhere in the back.
"Well said! Well said, indeed! I, for one, intend to do anything I can. Starting with finding a stiff scotch. Afterwards, if you're still ramblin' there, Bubba, I'll probably end up drinking the whole bottle."

He then saunters off to another area to rummage, muttering, "I can't believe the town mechanic is trying to lead these fools. If he'd just kept his head down and fixed my car, I wouldn't even be here."

Fin
2009-07-04, 04:03 AM
After his day of scavenging Fin finds a quiet corner to ease away his weariness. Sitting down gingerly Fin rolls up one sleeve to reveal a quite unsightly bite mark.

Damned hobo, I told him I didn't have any change! So he bit me!? Damn, I'm not feeling to good.

Getting back up and looking very pale he shouts to the group,

Hey guys, is there a doctor in the house? I think I'm gonna need some attention...

Summary: I have a malignant infection, I need the doctor to cure me by day three or I will turn into a Zombie. I know you can't trust me but at the moment your probably attempting to cure people at random, at least I won't be wasted medicine as you will save me!

billtodamax
2009-07-04, 04:06 AM
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Can the doctor cure him soon?

Oddity
2009-07-04, 04:18 AM
After slightly recovering from the recent bout of violence, Robin decided to stand up...
bad idea.
He fell over in a heap much to the amusement of the gathering. He had contemplated challenging Jon but he no longer had the strength.
"Rottin' angry man and stupid laughing people"

He could only look jealously onwards as the other kid was talking to his mother, the conversation was not the nicest but at least they could talk to each other.
He managed to get rid of this feeling and concentrated on the conversations that were springing up about the bitten man. the man seemed nice enough but Robin had his reservations.

Once everyone had forgotten about this particular episode he rest his head on a spare cinder block and attempted to get some sleep.

Some were disturbed by the ramblings that came out of this boy's mouth while his eyes were closed. "Z Zombies" ,"Brains", "Uh", "Mommy".
The angry man once again shut him up. This time with a kick to the stomach.

evnafets
2009-07-04, 05:07 AM
I'm off to Brisbane, Australia for a week or so. Will have intermittent internet access. Please don't autolynch me while I'm gone.

Talic
2009-07-04, 05:18 AM
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Can the doctor cure him soon?

If not, we certainly know the first person to go out. I mean, who better than someone that's gonna bite it anyway?

horngeek
2009-07-04, 07:11 AM
A figure walks towards the barrier.

Guys, I think I've been bitten.

I might need to be seen by the doctor.

Guys?

Objection: I'm the one who has the malignant infection!

Seriously!

Lord Loss
2009-07-04, 08:17 AM
Kelvin decides to Fortify the barrier, seeing as he was searching the town all day, which was preety lonely. He hopes that he will not die under the horrid circumstances of zombification... Suddenly, a Face appears in the brick in his left hand! It seems to be full of evil and malice, a cruel Archdemon intento on his death. gasping he drops it on the ground. It resumes its original shape... horrid premonition, or stress-induced hallucination? Kelvin continues to build...

horngeek
2009-07-04, 08:26 AM
The figure then reminds Kelvin that it is night, and that he cannot fortify at night.

Fin
2009-07-04, 08:36 AM
Fin walks over to the other survivor who has been bitten.

Don't worry kid, if we have a decent medical professional about I'm sure they'll be able to save us both!

*I will not turn into a Zombie for another two nights so I'm sure the Doctor can treat both of us in that time.*

Fawkes
2009-07-04, 10:37 AM
Franklin manages to take his eyes off of Starr long enough to listen to the mechanic's speech. After a moment of awkward silence, he finds the nerve to stand up.

"What exactly do you expect us to do? I mean, I'm an IT consultant. I don't have any experience fighting zombies." He stifles a laugh at the word zombies. It seems so... crazy. "We don't even know what's really going on. I mean, if you've got a plan, I'm all ears, but... I've got nothing."

Lamech
2009-07-04, 12:15 PM
The cat wakes up. Very useful sleeping on zombies they take you places. The cat jumps down and paws Fin's leg. And then walks over to the nurse's station. The cat then directs horngeek to the doctors station.

OOC: Doctor treat horngeek, nurse treat Fin.

banjo1985
2009-07-04, 01:56 PM
Tonight the young boy in the Red Sox cap and red jacket can be seen standing on top of the barricades, swinging a crowbar enthusiastically, despite the fact the zombies have not yet arrived. A pre-emptive strike perhaps?

"You're coming! I can hear you, I can feel you, you rotten hunks of dead meat! Well you'll not get me ya here! I survived you once, and I will again!"

Khaeta
2009-07-04, 02:02 PM
Nathan sits in the worn-out shell of an camping store, sitting with his eyes open and staring out the window. He shifts position slightly, trying to restore what little he can from his stiff and inactive limbs without alerting anyone or anything outside to his presence.

He hears shouting from the far off baracade and turns his head slightly to see the hot-headed youth standing on top, shouting his defiance to the so-far empty night. He smiles, thinking of what he might have done before it happened, what his old reaction could have been. Then he thought of what changed his life, and his soul, and he retourned to his brooding night watch.

Phase
2009-07-04, 10:09 PM
James sits alone in what once must have been a copy room. All the associated materials had been evacuated to the barricade. The room is darkened, with only a faint light coming from the gibbous moon outside, between wooden panels nailed across a window.

James sits alone, curled up and grabbing his knees. He had seen what the ghouls had done farther North, and he wasn't about to let them do the same to him.

He gets up and checks to make sure the door to the room is locked. He doesn't trust these people. Any one of them could be a crazy, or they could think he's a crazy, or they could just want to throw him out to hear his screams. He didn't trust them, no. He wouldn't let them see him flinch, no.

He sits back down and hears a ruckus in the other room. Someone is saying something to everyone. He stops listening, and soon it stops. He then hears the muffled screams of a small boy, enthusiastic. He stifles a whimper. There is silence. Not a living thing remained in the town but the people, animals know to run.

He stops. He hears the faintest of sounds from outside. A mix of gargling and moaning. The first time he heard this sound it was much louder, and right underneath the window of his second floor apartment. A sense of deep, elemental fear permeates his body. He sits silently, listening...

Dr. Bath
2009-07-05, 07:38 AM
Items have finally all been sent out.

{table="head"]Player|Item
Fin|Asprin
banjo1985|Crowbar
The Bookworm|Disposable camera
Quintis|Nails
Fleeing Coward|Secret trapdoor
Uncle Festy|Spy cameras and microfilm
Murska|Baseball bat
Recaiden|Telescope
Selrahc|Machete
evnafets|Lamp
ThePhantom|First aid kit
Aemoh|Bandages
Deathslayer7|Magnum with some bullets
billtodamax|Coffee flask
Kyouhen|Candle
Jontom Xire|Toolbelt
Oddity|Anti-viral drugs
Connor Darkdart|Immuno-stimulents
Lamech|Medical papers
Reinholdt|Slingshot
kopaka|Uzi with one clip
Face of Evil|Work files
Talic|Shotgun with one shell
arb514|Corrugated iron[/table]

Day extended to around 10 AM GMT on Monday, since I got all these items out so late.

horngeek
2009-07-05, 07:41 AM
What is a disposable camera good for?

Khaeta
2009-07-05, 08:00 AM
*self-scrub*

EDIT:wait, what? I thought people had already gotten attacked :smallconfused:? Oh well, I'll delete this if you want...

Dr. Bath
2009-07-05, 08:09 AM
An Uzi? Useless! Nathan nearly threw it to the ground in frustration. It did not have the strength or precision needed to take down the monsters that had come, and there was no need for more human death. The zombies would certainly take care of that. He wondered about the graffiti he saw scrawled on the walls, and about whether or not the artist actually meant what was written. Perhaps, in such a case, it might become useful...

With a sigh, he tossed the gun into his backpack, crawled out of the rubble that had kept him safe through the night, and headed back towards the town.

Night ain't over. It's only just beginning. (as in, that list of items should have been in the end of day post. The end of night post will come tomorrow.)

Kyouhen
2009-07-05, 08:24 AM

Taking pictures for newspapers of course! I've covered wars y'know. :smallwink:

Dirk Kris
2009-07-05, 08:38 AM
Franklin smiles nervously as he shakes her hand, already intimidated. "Yeah, I, uh... I don't get out much." He winces. Smooth... "My, er, my name's Franklin."

Starr smiles warmly. "Franklin. Lovely name that. That was the name James and I had picked for..." She pales, visibly shaken. "Nevermind. It doesn't matter now." It takes an effort, but she finally regains her smile, tucking a strand of long, fiery red hair behind her ear. "It's a shame you don't get out more, Frankie. It would have been nice to meet you under less dire circumstances, I think. You know, what with the zombies and all." She twitters a nervous laugh.

The Bookworm
2009-07-05, 08:42 AM
Garth, the town librarian, remains in the library for the whole of the first day. Rummaging through the stacks, he finds an old disposable camera and some books on zombies. No one has come to the library for a week, and he has to keep the books from dust or mold. In his mind, this is his most important duty. He believes that these zombies are, well, zombies, and that he must protect his library from them. He eventually falls asleep, deep in the stacks.

Deathslayer7
2009-07-05, 11:56 AM
Jon tucks the magnum into his back belt, and covers it with his jacket. The first sucker zombie that was going to come after him had another thing coming.

Kyouhen
2009-07-05, 12:58 PM
"Hey guys! I found candles out here! Jackpot!"

Murska
2009-07-05, 01:31 PM
I gots a baseball bat. Come on, try and nightkill me. Mwahahaha. :smallbiggrin:

Saint Nil
2009-07-05, 01:53 PM
Going to be gone for a week..

FoE
2009-07-05, 08:34 PM
Kevin, the reporter, pauses for a moment rushes over to Fin and Horngeek and quickly introduces himself.

"Excuse me, did you guys say you were attacked? Where did that happen? Can you describe the attackers?"

"I'm doing research for ... for an article I'm writing ..."

His voice trails off as it dawns on him that he's firing questions at two men who are bleeding profusely from several bitemarks on their bodies.

"I'll ... I'll go get help ..." he says, and then sprints off in the other direction.

Oddity
2009-07-06, 02:11 AM
Robin clutches his prized possesion.
"My preciousssss"
Its just meds don't be trying to steal it now...
He had clearly watched too many Lord Of The Rings movies.

Dr. Bath
2009-07-06, 03:56 AM
NIGHT ENDS

Updated... I don't really know, as I at this point haven't slept in over 24 hours so... Probably this evening.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-06, 06:25 AM
I won't be around in time for Day 2, so Im gonna say:

Fortify that shi-
Uh. I found some sort of medicine, I think it makes you less likely to get infection? Im not sure, im not a doctor... he says looking around.

billtodamax
2009-07-06, 06:32 AM
Here mum, found some coffee. Says the teenager as he chucks his mother the thermos.
I'm going scavenging for something actually useful this time, like Armaments
Ooh, thank you dear, this is sure to keep me warm.

Supagoof
2009-07-06, 10:51 AM
((For when you place the cartoon head on top the stumbling around zombie. Comedy gold! Also - see the game Dead Rising for further explanation.

And, since I've jsut gotten back to posting since being in the hospital, might as well use that as a good starting point. Please don't use it to point at me. *tugs at sympathy strings*))

*GASP*

He awoke with a start. Where am I? What's happening? Rubbing his eyes to bring the room into focus, he sees all sorts of tubing and wires running from him. A sound of beeps fill the air, some constant. The loudest near him is in tune with his pulse.

A hospital. Great.

He locates the nurses call button and presses it. After a few minutes when no one responds, he hits it again. 15 minutes later, seeing no one, he decides to get up. Sitting up on the bed, his head spins.

Ooh, note to self - take it slowly.

He reaches down and disconnects the IVs from his arms. Pulling the tape off from the electrical sensors attached to his chest, he removes the wiring. The soft beeps now tune into the longs constant sounds from outside of the room. Standing up, he feels his legs buckle beneath him. He falls.

*flumpf*

Ouch. That hurt.

Spotting a wheelchair a short distanct away, he pulls himself over to it and climbs in. He opens the door to his room to find himself in a hallway. Turning right, he wheels himself down the hall to the nurses station. No one here. Where is everybody?

He locates a cart filled with food. Most of it has gone stale and moldy, but there are quite a few snacks still wrapped up in cellephane. He opens a pack of cheese crackers and eats. Drinking a can of soda, he begins to feel some of the energy return to his body. He grabs what he can, and places it in his lap.

He then starts wheeling around the place, still searching for life. He finds nothing but the cold silence only interupted by the occasional machine. Beds are deserted. Rooms are empty. It appears that everyone has left with great haste. He wheels himself up to the lobby of the building, and locates a small gift shop. There he finds the paper, and reads the title.

Invasion of the Lost!

Reading the article, he looks at the date. 3 days ago this was printed. He finds some clothes in the gift shop. A hooded sweatshirt with the logo of Northside Memorial Hospital on it and some matching sweatpants. A baseball hat that's embroidered with the words "Hang In There!" on it. Not his first choice for style, but certainly better then the hospital gown he had been wearing. He dresses himself, and eats the remaining food.

Time to go.

He opens the door and heads out, scavenging for misc items along the way, searching for others who may have not abandoned the city.

Kyouhen
2009-07-06, 10:54 AM
I do believe I will be scavenging for armaments today. Also pointing at Murska. He never said anything about day kills. :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-07-06, 10:56 AM
I'll be Scavenging for nothing in particular, just anything useful I happen to come across.

Fin
2009-07-06, 11:05 AM
Ugh! Nothing round here but lousy asprin, they ain't gonna help I need a professional...

With that Fin begins to look around for what he thinks will be helpful... Weapons!

Scavenging for Armanents

Szilard
2009-07-06, 11:23 AM
Szilard decides to check out some of the old computer places. Maybe they had some sort of random info stuck in some server.

He's Scavanging for Info/Surveillance.

Dr. Bath
2009-07-06, 11:30 AM
Please note that any of you may in fact be dead at this point, since I haven't updated. Carry on though, I guess. I'm working on it.

@v Bold please. The green doesn't reaaally matter but it does make it a little easier for me.

Quintis
2009-07-06, 11:39 AM
I fortify the barricades.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-06, 01:40 PM
Murska Brains: Always a zombah!

Recaiden
2009-07-06, 01:51 PM
Murska? Why? Scavenge for armaments.

Murska
2009-07-06, 02:27 PM
Hm. I'm getting mass-bandwagoned before the day starts. Oh well.

Dr. Bath
2009-07-06, 02:36 PM
Can you at least hold your votes until the day starts? Actions don't matter quite so much, but lynch votes depend a fair bit more on who is alive and who is dead.

Murska
2009-07-06, 02:37 PM
Can you at least hold your votes until the day starts? Actions don't matter quite so much, but lynch votes depend a fair bit more on who is alive and who is dead.

Yeah! That means votes thus far aren't counted, right? :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-07-06, 03:45 PM
NIGHT 1

Only a select few actually heeded the advice of the now presumably dismembered mayor and actually holed up with the sturdy walls of the town hall. They built a rudimentary barricade at every entrance point in order to keep the horde of infected at bay. Strangely, some areas looked far less solid than others, almost rickety, one was in fact all but torn down with large illegible letters scrawled across it, but few noticed or in fact cared, so long as their area was sufficiently defended.

In other parts of town the remaining survivors prepare to make their various stands against the horde. Men, women and children scurry to high ground, secure basements and defensible positions, armed with whatever comes to hand or in the case of a lucky few, a range of more sophisticated weaponry.

The first wave of the horde arrives in form of a gaggle of running monstrosities. At first glance they look almost normal, except for their blank, dead eyes and necrotic grey skin. The head of the pack leaps viciously upon one of those foolish enough to stay in the open that bit too long. It takes a painfully long time for their tortured screams to end as their throats are finally ripped out. Slowed by these feasts of human flesh, these scouts are soon joined by the majority of the horde.

A shambling mass of bodies, they spread out through the small town, somehow drawn to the survivors. Some look almost human, still in their work clothes or a torn pair of jeans, Hello! My name is James! proclaims one man’s chirpy nametag. Whatever part of him that was James is long gone; all that remains is the hunger. A hunger for flesh and blood of the still living. Others are much further distanced from their past selves. Their flesh ripped to shreds, guts spilling messily onto the ground, or with shattered skulls and missing limbs, slowly dripping gore.

Whilst out searching for medical supplies, Fin ended up straying slightly too close to the east side of town, from which the zombies were approaching from. He dashes through the small detached house looking for any kind of medicine that could help his condition, sadly all he found were aspirins. What the hell kind of family doesn’t have a first aid kit. As Fin looks up from the drawer he found the aspirin in, he finds himself face to face with a lurching corpse. Smacking it across the head with the drawer he just emptied, Fin runs headlong out of the house, straight into the ex-mayor. The dead and lacerated old man grabs Fin with strength greater than one would expect of a man with such a portly stature, holding Fin still with the intent to feed upon his pink flesh. The mayor suddenly jerks, releasing Fin from its grasp, giving him a chance to escape to the roof of the house across the road. On top of this roof sit Reinholdt firing metal slugs at the rotting corpse of the mayor, however at such a range the damage is largely superficial. The two of them wait out the night on the roof in silence.

In another part of town Kevin, the out of town reporter (Face of Evil), finishes rifling through files and stacks of paper for information on his fellow survivors. As he heads out of the door on to the street, he looks around for any sign of life or undeath as the case may be. Seeing nothing Kevin scurries to the next building along the street which looks to have a sturdy door and no windows.

Schk.

Schk.

Schk.

The sickening sound of shuffling on concrete feet drifts towards Kevin as he warily approaches the door. Suddenly he spots the creator of the sound down the far end of the street and dashes to the door before it spots him. Closing the door carefully behind him, so as not to make any unnecessary noise, Kevin bars the door and finds himself in darkness. He slumps down, back to the door, relieved to be out of danger.

Schk.

Schk.

The sound wasn’t coming from outside. No one heard Kevin’s final screams from behind the bolted door.

Kelvin (arb514) runs headlong down the street away from the following zombies. Seeing more ahead he swerves left to find somewhere to hide. He soon spots a fire escape with its ladder hanging down, and just manages to grab hold before a zombie which had been lurking around the corner reached him. Safe, Kelvin spent the rest of the night shivering, sitting curled up on the iron steps as zombies moaned below.

The barricades manage to hold, despite being beset with a horde of zombies and some parts being worrying ramshackle.

As dawn broke the zombies slow their assault and eventually stop altogether, just standing aimlessly in the sunlight, only moving to attack if a human comes within arms reach.

As the survivors who had been out scavenging come trickling back to the hall, someone find Night Surgeon with his throat slit, obviously dead. Just as people begin to gather around to see what was happening, the corpse begins to stir. The group spring into action and quickly eject the zombie from the hall, despite some saying they should kill it.

SUMMARY

Fin and arb514 were attacked by zombies, but survived, Face of Evil was not so lucky.

Face of Evil is now a zombie. He was a Survivor

Night Surgeon was killed in the night and is now a zombie, due to having a dormant infection. He was a Survivor

There were 6 spaces available in the barricade.

DAY 2 BEGINS
and ends in 48 hours approximately

Happyturtle is being replaced by Shadowcaller, due to RL issues.

Khaeta
2009-07-06, 03:57 PM
An Uzi? Useless! Nathan nearly threw it to the ground in frustration. It did not have the strength or precision needed to take down the monsters that had come, and there was no need for more human death. The zombies would certainly take care of that. He wondered about the graffiti he saw scrawled on the walls, and about whether or not the artist actually meant what was written. Perhaps, in such a case, it might become useful...

With a sigh, he tossed the gun into his backpack, crawled out of the rubble that had kept him safe through the night, and headed back towards the town, fully prepared to spend the Fortifying the pitiful barricades along with the rest of the village's inhabitants. He hoped that there would be no more lynching today...

(moved from top of page, was apparently too early or something)

Deathslayer7
2009-07-06, 03:59 PM
Jon comes back into the hall. See!? This is what will happen to all of us if we just stand here and do nothing!

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-06, 04:09 PM
Mike looked with disbelief at the fortifications, he helped to build last night. He was perfectly sure, it looked much better and more solid, when they finished building it yesterday.

"God Damn it... First, we have this corpse, and now this... Looks like we have a mole, ladies and gentlemen... I don't know, what kind of wicked mind may see any benefits from helping those monsters, and honestly I don't care anymore. I swear, I'll find him, and make him pay for it..."

((A.k.a No lynch for now, and Scavenging for Info))

ThePhantom
2009-07-06, 04:23 PM
After hiding in the house where he found a first aid kit all night, Erik Nemo heads back to the town hall.

"So, many zombies. That's it, I'm staying where there's a chance to keep them away."

Erik heads inside the Town Hall.

"Hello? Is there anyone alive here?"

The Bookworm
2009-07-06, 04:53 PM
Garth wakes up. He scans the library for zombies and, finding none, continues to tidy the library and search for books about zombies. He also decides to see if there's a first aid kit around the library. (Scavenge for medicine.) He remains absorbed in his own affairs, not caring what those outside decide to do. (No lynch)

Fawkes
2009-07-06, 05:10 PM
I'm a little confused by the mechanics of this game. The zombies can bite you at both day and night?

Dr. Bath
2009-07-06, 05:12 PM
No lynch is no longer a valid point. I allowed it for the first day, because technically no one (other than zombies) was attacking you. Now that you know there are players actively trying to harm you, you must pick someone to be lynched. You will lose if you don't even try to take out the cult.

Only at night. There is preparation during the day, then the attack at night. It only is announced at the start of the next phase though.

Murska
2009-07-06, 05:17 PM
Connor Darkdart then, for jumping on a bandwagon against me before the day had started.

Fawkes
2009-07-06, 05:21 PM
Only at night. There is preparation during the day, then the attack at night. It only is announced at the start of the next phase though.

But (at least) two people got bit during the day. Can zombies bite but not kill you during scavenging, or where they alerted of their bites early, or what?

Dr. Bath
2009-07-06, 05:23 PM
But (at least) two people got bit during the day. Can zombies bite but not kill you during scavenging, or where they alerted of their bites early, or what?

People started with varying levels of infection. Like it says in the opening, you are informed if you have a malignant infection, but not if it is a dormant one. Night Surgeon only became a zombie because he started with a dormant infection. Face of Evil became a zombie because he was killed by a zombie.

billtodamax
2009-07-06, 05:54 PM
Mechafox and stuff.

Oddity
2009-07-06, 06:14 PM
Robin finally manages to get up after his long sleep.
He had no idea what had occurred the night before
(lying unconscious on the floor has its benefits)

"Uh... what happened?"

He scans around for the rest of the group, some were still huddling together, others it seemed had wandered off to gather something of worthwhile value.

"I'm outta here, gonna get me a gun to shoot... whoever I want"

Robin stumbles out of the barricades and off towards the building that had previously housed the local gang; the 'Bloodsuckers', seemed ironic that many of them probably were doing just that.
Once inside the building, he proceeds to scavenge for armaments

"Now where did they keep that stash?"

While doing so he thinks that it would be worthwhile to vote for Murska, after all nobody had considered the 'Murska zombie constant'.

Khaeta
2009-07-06, 06:25 PM
Nathan felt pressed in from all sides, not wanting to make a choice, but being unable to do otherwise. Finally, with the weight of the social pressure upon him, he gasped out the name of The Bookworm librarian, who spent his days huddled inside the library. Surely that sort of reclusive behavior was suspicious, or at least anti-productive?

Nathan walked slowly back to help with the barricade, wishing there was another way to survive...

Talic
2009-07-06, 06:38 PM
Rex Hardcastle steps out from the barricades, glad he got one of these freaks to build it for him. Only when he gets out does he notice the boards were just laying on it, not even nailed in. "Which one of you Jethro Tull lovin' rednecks tried to get me killed? Hyozo! I bet it was you!"

With that, he mutters something about wanting something done right, and begins hammering nails into place. Fortify.

Murska
2009-07-06, 06:40 PM
While doing so he thinks that it would be worthwhile to vote for Murska, after all nobody had considered the 'Murska zombie constant'.

Hey, I've never been a zombie in any game ever. Not to mention, even if I was, we aren't trying to lynch Zombies in this game, we're trying to lynch Cultists.

Oddity
2009-07-06, 06:48 PM
Hey, I've never been a zombie in any game ever. Not to mention, even if I was, we aren't trying to lynch Zombies in this game, we're trying to lynch Cultists.

Yea, I'm sorry just couldn't think of anyone else to get lynched

Talic
2009-07-06, 06:50 PM

Yup. And we know they're hidden in the people who did a day 1 fortify. And the quiet ones are more suspicious than most.

And Murska's always suspicious.

billtodamax
2009-07-06, 06:58 PM
Holy Shi- 13 people fortified the barricade! How was there only 6 spots?

Oddity
2009-07-06, 07:02 PM
1 cult leader
5 cultists

Uh-oh

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-06, 07:22 PM
Too far-fetched thought. I mean, it's almost guaranteed, that we have at least 2 cultists among fortifiers, but let's not forget about the possibility of idiots...

TFT
2009-07-06, 07:46 PM
(Hey, just gonna Scavenge for anything and point at... Oddity?)

Aemoh
2009-07-06, 08:09 PM
*points at PirateMonk*

Based on nothing other than he was on of the ones Fortifying.

Scavenge for Armaments

The Bookworm
2009-07-06, 08:20 PM
Murska. Because I have to point.

Reinholdt
2009-07-06, 08:31 PM
13 people fortified, huh? Then I'd guess 4 idiots and a cult leader fortified yesterday.
That or 7 idiots... which would be kinda scary.
So the people who fortified are at the top of my list to lynch.
List of people who fortified:

Phase
Night Surgeon
PirateMonk
Dirk Kris
Opeth_Freak
Szilard
Mechafox
Atreyu the Masked Llama
banthesun
smellie_hippie
Hyozo
GAThraawn
horngeek

((Scavenge for Armaments))

Reinholdt looks over at Fin. "Hey. Lucky for you I was around to save you when I did?" He kisses his slingshot.

"Shame it's out of ammo, huh? Yo, zombies! I'll kill every last one of you! Hear me?! I'm coming for you, even if I have to use random household items!"

The sniper glances back at Fin. "That ought to scare them off for a while. Oh... hey. You might want to get that infection looked at." :smalleek:

Fawkes
2009-07-06, 09:12 PM
Franklin shouts at the people leaving for items. "Where are you going? Come on! We have to protect ourselves here! We can't just all... dammit, STOP!"

Giving up, Franklin walks over and starts fortifying with Nathan and Rex. As he works, he mutters under his breath, "I can't believe this. We're being attacked by zombies, and they're looting. And now Reinholdt wants to throw out anyone who tries to protect the building? We are so screwed."

He shouts again at the people leaving to scavenge. "Gee, it sure must be nice to go SHOPPING while other people are busy trying to ward off the APOCALYPSE!"

Hyozo
2009-07-06, 10:15 PM
Hyozo glares angrily at Talic and goes back to fortifying the building, mumbling something along the lines of "If I were trying to get rid of that prick he'd already be gone."

horngeek
2009-07-06, 10:21 PM
Horngeek starts Scavenging for medicine.

I completely agree with Franklin. If Reinholdt is going to accuse anyone who fortifies, we're stuffed.

Phase
2009-07-06, 10:32 PM
James awakes with a start from his nightmares in the small locked room.

He scrambles upright, unlocks the door, and peeks outside. The people seem alive, though distraught. He walks out into the middle of the room and looks around.

James smiles for the first time in days. He's survived the night without being brutally murdered by Zach or the crazies. He begins to collapse, and falls laughing to the floor, tears in his eyes.

"They couldn't take me! They tried to take me but they couldn't!" He shouts, laughing, hysterically. Suddenly, anger fills his eyes and he looks up quickly at the drunken stature of GAthraawn, "You couldn't take me! I know what I heard, you aren't one of us! I'll protect myself! You can't be trusted!"

He suddenly stands up and, completely calmly, walks over to the barricades. As he examines and fortifies the piles of rubbish, he can be heard muttering...

"Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry. Better safe than sorry."

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-06, 10:52 PM
1 cult leader
5 cultists

Uh-oh

There's probably less. You havn't taken into account failures in your calculations.

ThePhantom
2009-07-06, 10:59 PM
Eric heads over to his office. Since he locked it when he let, he doesn't think anyone was able to get in there, and have access to what is inside. He takes out the files of the filing cabnets, lays them on his desk, and starts dragging cabnets to the outside doors to help with the fortifying of the town hall.

Fawkes
2009-07-06, 11:20 PM
There's probably less. You havn't taken into account failures in your calculations.

Yeah, I don't think it's possible for there to have been more than 3 cultists fortifying.

Talic
2009-07-06, 11:52 PM
But it certainly makes sense that the Cultists are among those that fortified.

So, those voting for people that scavenged yesterday? Makes ya wonder.

One of the scenarios is likely:

Lovers Fortify: 2 people make 4 spaces.

That leaves 11 left. That would be 11 people making a total of 2 spaces.
So, at least 1 idiot, and an odd number.

1 idiot = 6 villagers, 4 cultists
3 idiot = 5 villagers, 3 cultists
5 idiot = 4 villagers, 2 cultists
7 idiot = 3 villagers, 1 cultist
9 idiot = 2 villagers, 0 cultists

I'd say we're likely more than 1 idiot, I'm guessing 3. That makes for 3 cultists, and 5 regular villagers in that group.

That makes, however, in almost every scenario, the total of cultists + idiots > 50%.

Idiots, once they know, can at least get some scavenges for moderately non-crappy stuff. But in the Fortify section? They might as well not be there.

So choosing lynches from the stack of Fortifiers is smart, even if it does run a moderate risk of hitting up the lovers.

Fawkes
2009-07-07, 12:00 AM
I'd say it's likely that there are more than 3 cultists. At this point, since hardly anyone is fortifying, we can't really afford to kill off those few that are.

Talic
2009-07-07, 12:05 AM
And since most, if not all, of the cultists are fortifying, most likely, it means that if you vote scavenger, chances are, you're not getting a cultist.

We can't really afford to waste those lynches either... on villagers.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-07, 12:05 AM
I'd say it's likely that there are more than 3 cultists. At this point, since hardly anyone is fortifying, we can't really afford to kill off those few that are.

Mechafox for making a statement like that. Odds of us finding a cultist are much higher targetting those that have been fortifying so it makes no sense to do otherwise.

Scavenging for misc items again

Talic
2009-07-07, 12:07 AM
Mechafox.

Seconded.

It's actually likely that there are only 2-3 cultists, as they can brainwash.

Fawkes
2009-07-07, 12:33 AM
Mechafox for making a statement like that. Odds of us finding a cultist are much higher targetting those that have been fortifying so it makes no sense to do otherwise.

Scavenging for misc items again

Are you serious? You're so concerned about finding who's sabotaging the barricades, and you're not going to even try to barricade them yourself?

Look at it this way: Who is more valuable, someone who's spending their time fortifying the barricades so more people can be safe, or someone who's looking for items for their own use?

At least I'm trying to help the team, you Coward.

Talic
2009-07-07, 12:38 AM
I am trying to barricade. I'm throwing myself in the risk pile. But it's far more likely that is where most of the cultists laid their bids yesterday. So if that makes me a target tomorrow? Ok. But when villains are +1 every day? I'm gonna try to pin em down first.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-07, 12:40 AM
Are you serious? You're so concerned about finding who's sabotaging the barricades, and you're not going to even try to barricade them yourself?

Look at it this way: Who is more valuable, someone who's spending their time fortifying the barricades so more people can be safe, or someone who's looking for items for their own use?

At least I'm trying to help the team, you Coward.

The way I read the rules, fortify only works for the day so people fortifying are only after their own interests too - i.e. they fortify, they stay there for the night while those who scavenged have to fend for themselves outside during the night.

Fawkes
2009-07-07, 12:43 AM
fortify only works for the day
Wait, what? Bath, can we get a ruling on this?

Oddity
2009-07-07, 01:16 AM
By fortifying, you effectively make a safe spot for yourself for the night.
This spot can be given to another player via narrator PM.
If there are less spots than there are people, people are thrown out. I assume this means that if you scavenge you will be thrown out (unless you have a spot given to you). The fortifiers are safe from being thrown out, unless there are less spaces than there are fortifiers, in which case they are thrown out at random until it balances.

Meaning:
Fortifiers make a safe spot for themselves for the night.
(unless they give away a spot)

Scavengers aren't safe at all. (unless given a spot)

Cultists take away spots to kick out random fortifiers.
(or scavengers if they have been given a fortifier's spot)

Talic
2009-07-07, 01:24 AM
Or cultists can actually fortify, if they don't PM the narrators.

Makes it kinda hard to use maths to solve this.