PDA

View Full Version : What do you think strip 664 will be like?

Manuel Mecia
2009-06-23, 07:06 PM
I think that Roy will finally be revived and the Order will be reassembled at last only to have Vars leave to the lower plains to fulfill her contract with the demons or maybe something goes wrong with the paralyzer spell and she can't be turn back to normal.

(Do not speculate theories about what's taking so long to for the strip to be posted or when will it be posted, another thread just got closed for that)

Drider
2009-06-23, 07:32 PM
I think that Roy will finally be revived and the Order will be reassembled at last only to have Vars leave to the lower plains to fulfill her contract with the demons or maybe something goes wrong with the paralyzer spell and she can't be turn back to normal.

(Do not speculate theories about what's taking so long to for the strip to be posted or when will it be posted, another thread just got closed for that)

(in my humble opinion) V did'nt die yet, I think it was implied that V would belong to them after s/he was dead, before going to the afterlife they'd normally go to. O-chul already broke the paralyze spell, but its not impossible that it has weird consequences.

Haven
2009-06-23, 07:34 PM
It'll be a letter-answering filler comic.

Atilla
2009-06-23, 07:35 PM
Oookay, I almost never post here, because I've more to learn than to say, buuut ...

Isn't the 664 anxiety going too far. I mean, I know very well I'm addicted to OOTS and I refresh the page quite a few times per day, but trying to speculate the story line in my mind, due to a delayed update would drive me nuts.

Aren't there .. like .. dragons we can go kill .. or something ?

ArcadiaGM
2009-06-23, 07:59 PM
I'm curious about how much dialogue we'll get from Roy when he returns. He's certainly got to be concerned about Varsuuvius' "subcontractors" and he saw Belkar kill the Oracle and activate the MoJ; both of these deserve comment from him, so that he can reestablish himself as the "moral compass" for the alignment-challenged members of the Order.

Something will have to happen to create a sense of urgency for the OOTS, I think, to create a rush to Gerard's gate; however, it is possible with Xykon's inconvenient loss of the phylactery (and the head-start provided by V's epic teleport) that the OOTS will be able to advance relatively unopposed to the gate -- only to be thwarted by V's obligations, as the fiends act to take control of the gate through V.

I'm guessing that if the fiends use their debt from V to try to gain control of the gate, that will lead to the circumstances under which Belkar dies.

oball
2009-06-23, 08:26 PM

Legend tells of a realm known as the "Out-Side", a vast open space where a fearsome burning orb hangs overhead, casting a harsh light over the land. Some say that to venture Out-Side is like unto death, as many have forever forsaken their blogs and messageboards and parents' basements once they have tasted of this strange and eldritch plane. Still others claim that the mystical "Life" may be found in the Out-Side, and that endless adventure and fantastic experiences await those brave, or foolhardy, enough to abandon their keyboards and pass through the portal of Frontdoor.

Mando Knight
2009-06-23, 08:30 PM
Still others claim that the mystical "Life" may be found in the Out-Side, and that endless adventure and fantastic experiences await those brave, or foolhardy, enough to abandon their keyboards and pass through the portal of Frontdoor.

Indeed. After all, it's like Bilbo Baggins always warned Frodo:

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Needle
2009-06-23, 08:31 PM
I expected Roy to be res'ed exactly at strip 666, as a counter-joke to the common joke lol, but seems he will be raised now, and that's why 664 is taking time =P When a strip seemed "delayed", almost always had some kickass/surprising/new thing to show us XP

Pyron
2009-06-23, 08:31 PM
I'd say comic 664 will focus on the Linear Guild and show us what they been up to.

:thog: It'll be a long talking book thingie. :smalltongue:

archon_huskie
2009-06-23, 08:42 PM
Ah a predition threat. I think the color blue will feature promenately

NerfTW
2009-06-23, 08:46 PM
I'm guessing a double length finale to the book. Roy is raised, V's healed, and they touch base before setting off for the next gate. There's nothing else to do.

V isn't going to be dragged to the lower planes. They only have his soul for a little over an hour. It's not a "Here's a list of evil chores" deal, it's going to be a "pick the worst possible (for V) moment to take control of her. Just grabbing him when the splice is over sort of makes it a pretty worthless agreement. (Out of spell slots, injured, and a relatively weak wizard compared to the souls they had access to.)

ResplendentFire
2009-06-23, 08:47 PM
Oookay, I almost never post here, because I've more to learn than to say, buuut ...

Isn't the 664 anxiety going too far. I mean, I know very well I'm addicted to OOTS and I refresh the page quite a few times per day, but trying to speculate the story line in my mind, due to a delayed update would drive me nuts.

No.

Or rather, yes. There's always something else we could be doing, but why is this one thing less worthy than any other?

As for the strip - I hope to see Roy's resurrection, even if it's in the last panel.

Because there's always 665.

Elemental_Elf
2009-06-23, 09:14 PM
Roy wakes up and the first thing he sees is Belkar, hehe.

I think there will be 2 or so pages left in this story. The first will be Roy's rez and all the hugs and giggles that will come from that. Next will be Roy explaining that he was watching over everyone, thus long explanations of what they did on their individual journeys wouldn't be necessary.

Finally the last panel will be a traditional 'pose for the ending' photo op, with Roy giving us a Captain Morgan pose!

Poppy Appletree
2009-06-23, 09:17 PM
It'll be a letter-answering filler comic.

I hope so. I really do. :smallbiggrin:

Samuraiko
2009-06-23, 10:10 PM
I'm guessing some quick plot exposition and Elan either crying from joy or criticizing it.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko

ericgrau
2009-06-23, 10:51 PM
Double page and/or splash panel resurrection-stravaganza & re-uniting. It makes no sense to switch stories with that event minutes away, unless something happens with the currently assembled characters and within the next few minutes. The characters are in no immediate danger, and V is no longer in a condition to pursue it.

theinsulabot
2009-06-23, 10:56 PM
i am thinking hot threesome action between lien, haley, and celia

Elemental_Elf
2009-06-23, 11:04 PM
i am thinking hot threesome action between lien, haley, and celia

I second this! If only to see how Rich pulls the act off with Stick Figures! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Tomada
2009-06-23, 11:18 PM
I second this! If only to see how Rich pulls the act off with Stick Figures! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Actually, in this case there would be no sticks involved

Ted The Bug
2009-06-23, 11:29 PM
Legend tells of a realm known as the "Out-Side", a vast open space where a fearsome burning orb hangs overhead, casting a harsh light over the land. Some say that to venture Out-Side is like unto death, as many have forever forsaken their blogs and messageboards and parents' basements once they have tasted of this strange and eldritch plane. Still others claim that the mystical "Life" may be found in the Out-Side, and that endless adventure and fantastic experiences await those brave, or foolhardy, enough to abandon their keyboards and pass through the portal of Frontdoor.

O hai. Welcome to my signature.
Also, the Giant just made a massive amount of strips, so there's a chance he's just resting instead of composing something massive. I like the word massive. Massive massive massive. Great, now I miss Elan.

factotum
2009-06-24, 01:30 AM
Still others claim that the mystical "Life" may be found in the Out-Side, and that endless adventure and fantastic experiences await those brave, or foolhardy, enough to abandon their keyboards and pass through the portal of Frontdoor.

Clearly this is foolishness--no mere mortal can know what lies beyond Frontdoor, and to attempt to find out would send anyone mad. MAD, I TELL YOU!!!!!

fealuinix
2009-06-24, 02:06 AM
I'm not able to speculate on the specifics of strip 664, but 2 strips later is the spontaneous metal interlude...

B.Bitterleaf
2009-06-24, 02:18 AM
Yeah I think Roy will be back to life again. :) But what about me? :P

Morquard
2009-06-24, 02:28 AM
Roy wakes up and the first thing he sees is Belkar, hehe.

I think there will be 2 or so pages left in this story. The first will be Roy's rez and all the hugs and giggles that will come from that. Next will be Roy explaining that he was watching over everyone, thus long explanations of what they did on their individual journeys wouldn't be necessary.

Finally the last panel will be a traditional 'pose for the ending' photo op, with Roy giving us a Captain Morgan pose!
I hope he somehow gets dressed inbetween all those :)

Damn, I'd found a fanart a while ago that would be perfect right now... just can't find it anymore.

Edit: And of course 3 minutes after posting I do find it :)
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4188/ootsrv2.jpg
Its not by me (found here (http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80743))

marquiz
2009-06-24, 02:50 AM
Well... Unless the Resurrection spell clears away wound marks, instead of making them look healed... Roy (and Celia) may have some questions regarding an arrow mark on Roy.

RMS Oceanic
2009-06-24, 02:55 AM
Well... Unless the Resurrection spell clears away wound marks, instead of making them look healed... Roy (and Celia) may have some questions regarding an arrow mark on Roy.

Roy's lost the part of him that had that wound when he still had flesh. He'll have a whole new body to play with, bashed in head excepted.

So yeah, either Roy's back, or maybe V does some soul searching, then Roy's back.

Linkavitch
2009-06-24, 08:59 AM
I think Roy will leave for earth, there will be a Captain America reference, and a deva will try to warn Roy about V and will fail, and Eugene will be more of a jerk.:biggrin:

Snake-Aes
2009-06-24, 09:02 AM
I think Roy will leave for earth, there will be a Captain America reference, and a deva will try to warn Roy about V and will fail, and Eugene will be more of a jerk.:biggrin:

When did you get Spell Focus(Divination)?

Random832
2009-06-24, 09:02 AM

in other words, /thread

Haven
2009-06-24, 04:23 PM

:smalleek: Hope Durkon has a scroll of Regenerate handy.

Then again, considering that all his flesh is gone by this point, it's probably not a big deal.

Random832
2009-06-24, 04:33 PM
The spell description says "The condition of the remains is not a factor." - and specifically says that the ashes from Disintegrate qualify.

I assume that it brings the target back to what his condition at the time of death would be if he'd been fully healed instead of taking the damage that killed him.

Haven
2009-06-24, 05:01 PM
The spell description says "The condition of the remains is not a factor." - and specifically says that the ashes from Disintegrate qualify.

I assume that it brings the target back to what his condition at the time of death would be if he'd been fully healed instead of taking the damage that killed him.

Yeah, probably.

Anyway, prediction for 665:

Eleven panels of Durkon saying "resurrection!" with a growing magic glow, and a twelfth panel that's just blinding light. Meanwhile Elan and Belkar play ping-pong or something.

Zanaril
2009-06-24, 05:36 PM
Yeah, probably.

Anyway, prediction for 665:

Eleven panels of Durkon saying "resurrection!" with a growing magic glow, and a twelfth panel that's just blinding light. Meanwhile Elan and Belkar play ping-pong or something.

Nah, they'll be seen: 1) Trying to balance still paralized V upside down
2) Putting funny hats on V
3) Having a tea party with V (Elan, anyway)
4) Some other random thing I can't think up right now.
5) They dissapear for a panel
6) Elan and Belkar are seen running across the background of the panel with a fireball hot on their heels.
7) V will be seen chasing Elan and Belkar.

Haven
2009-06-24, 05:42 PM
Nah, they'll be seen: 1) Trying to balance still paralized V upside down
2) Putting funny hats on V
3) Having a tea party with V (Elan, anyway)
4) Some other random thing I can't think up right now.
5) They dissapear for a panel
6) Elan and Belkar are seen running across the background of the panel with a fireball hot on their heels.
7) V will be seen chasing Elan and Belkar.

And then the Benny Hill music starts playing.

No, wait, I've got it. For number 4 Belkar realizes it's finally his chance to find out V's gender and THAT's why 5-7 happen.

Zanaril
2009-06-24, 06:04 PM
It's disturbing because it's something Belkar probably would think to do.

Cue the "does Belkar know what V is now??" threads.

EDIT: Where is Belkar at the moment, anyway?

SadisticFishing
2009-06-24, 06:41 PM
Clearly Roy is going to be resurrected, and Eugene is going to burn a report talking about V's deal with the Devil(s).

Random832
2009-06-24, 06:50 PM
Sorry, Spartacus93 already did it.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-22, 08:01 PM
I think it is...about 5 strips ago.

Guancyto
2009-07-22, 08:06 PM
Posting dates, GWG!

*bonk*

Roland St. Jude
2009-07-22, 08:30 PM
I think it is...about 5 strips ago.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't. While not technically thread necromancy, this was a pretty spammy post.