PDA

View Full Version : Mittens The Destroyer, Terrorizor of Canines

Jergmo
2009-06-23, 07:13 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6241/88381908.jpg
Mittens The Destroyer, Terrorizor of Canines
(Paragon Fiendish Dire Monstrous Cat)
Size/Type: Small Magical Beast (Fire, Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 9d10+72+108 (maximized)(270 hp)
Initiative: +14
Speed: 90 ft. (18 squares)
Armor Class: 40 (+1 size, +10 Dex, +5 natural, +12 insight, +12 luck), 35 touch, 30 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+43
Attack: Claw +45 melee (1d3+33)
Full Attack: 2 claws +45 melee (1d3+33) and bite +43 melee (1d4+16)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, Petrifying Gaze, Smite Good
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, Scent, Darkvision 60 ft., Circle of Protection against Good, resistance to cold 10, immune to fire, vulnerable to cold, DR 10/epic and good, SR 46, fast healing 20, spell-like abilities
Saves: Fort +24, Ref +27, Will +21
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 30, Con 27, Int 19, Wis 27, Cha 22
Skills: Balance +33, Climb +37, Hide +43*, Jump +41, Listen +30, Move Silently +39, Spot +30, Bluff +22, Intimidate +28, Knowledge(Nature) +27, Knowledge(The Planes) +27, Knowledge(Arcana) +27
Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse(B), Multiattack, Improved Initiative, Ability Focus(Petrifying Gaze)
Environment: Any evil-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary, unique
Challenge Rating: 21
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

Mittens is the sworn enemy of Patches the Playful, the Kitty of Light. He often eats canines.

Special Attacks and Spell-like Abilities
Mittens' natural weapons are treated as being epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Breath Weapon (Su): Once every 2d4 rounds, 30-foot cone of fire (1d8 damage). Reflex save DC 22 for half damage. Unimpressed? Mittens merely uses his breath weapon to cook the dead flesh of his enemies.
Petrifying Gaze (Su): Any creature within 30 feet that meets Mittens' gaze turns to stone. Fortitude save DC 39 to resist.
Smite Good (Su): Once per day Mittens can make a normal attack to deal an extra 9 damage against a good foe.

Circle of Protection against Good (Sp): Mittens is continuously affected by a Circle of Protection against Good.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): 3/day—greater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility (caster level 15)

Skills
Mittens receives a +10 insight bonus on all skill checks.
*In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the bonus increases to an additional +4.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-23, 07:22 PM
You should advance it by racial HD to make up for the low CR. +1 CR for every 4 HD added is the norm for base animals.

Jane_Smith
2009-06-23, 07:23 PM
You forgot the evil subtype up top...

But otherwise, I dont know whether to cuddle the incredibly cute satan-cat or run for me friggin life. Asome job!

Pronounceable
2009-06-23, 07:26 PM
This is but a pale shadow of our Dread Lord Snuggles the Death Kitty (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93068).

ALL HAIL SNUGGLES! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

Gorgondantess
2009-06-23, 07:51 PM
Such heresy shall never be allowed, this foolish mockery of our lord Snuggles! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!:smallfurious:

kopout
2009-06-23, 07:57 PM
That's what I get forwaiting to post. I get you two and your death kitty. I was going to do the same thing but now you leave me no chose but to in form you that Good Cat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93068) loves all her kittens. It's eather that or tell you about primordial cat. But we try not to talk about him.

@Jergmo you have opened a can of worms beyond you wildest imagination. Click the link if you dare.

Lappy9000
2009-06-23, 08:03 PM
C'mon guys, don't harass the Pixie. No matter how awesome your ridiculous meme's awesome may be, let's not drown the poor guy with in-jokes on his 4th post :smallwink:

Crunchwise, nigh-epic baddies aren't really my bag, nor is template stacking for that matter. Although it does need the Evil subtype.

Jergmo
2009-06-23, 08:06 PM
I'll get to work on editing him more later, but thanks for the input. :) Patches the Playful is pretty much the same, only Lawful Good, with Cold rather than Fire. The Dire template allows additional progression of 3x HD total, so it looks like that's where it'd stop.

Obrysii
2009-06-23, 08:07 PM
This is quite awesome, as I just sent my PCs on a quest to recover Mittens the Kitten - alive.

And then I find this posted. Must use!

Owrtho
2009-06-23, 10:07 PM
I never managed to read the entire thread on snuggles, but with this I find I must ask, is there a complete kitten pantheon? If so I'd think it should be compiled in a thread for easy use. If not then it should be done (clearly with Snuggles in the prominent position).
Anyways, more deadly god tier kittens are always a good thing, so i approve this creation (though I'm not sure about crunch. I really should get around to actually playing D&D one of these days. Or, you know, at least read through the core books...).

Owrtho

kopout
2009-06-23, 10:10 PM
There is in fact an entire kitty pantheon, but who the members are and their relationship to each other is nebulous at best.

Pronounceable
2009-06-23, 10:44 PM
There is in fact an entire kitty pantheon, but who the members are and their relationship to each other is nebulous at best.

There is no such thing. The pathetic primates who inhabit the world can't take the truth, so they go around making up "neutral" or even "good" cat gods. As if such a thing can exist... Our Dread Lord Snuggles enjoys the flavor that comes from crushed hopes of souls while he devours them, which is the only reason He allows such insignificant snacks to blindly live in ignorance.

Jergmo
2009-06-23, 10:49 PM
Yikes, everyone! Mittens isn't deity material by any means; he's merely epic. :smalleek:

Sereg
2009-06-24, 12:08 AM
There is no such thing. The pathetic primates who inhabit the world can't take the truth, so they go around making up "neutral" or even "good" cat gods. As if such a thing can exist... Our Dread Lord Snuggles enjoys the flavor that comes from crushed hopes of souls while he devours them, which is the only reason He allows such insignificant snacks to blindly live in ignorance.

As is demonstrated here, most Snugglites refuse to accept the truth of CAT, the pantheon of nine that are one, including mistress Good Cat.

That being said, it is nice to see some avatars of CAT's will upon the prime plane and this is an excelent follower of Snuggles. I can't wait to see Patches.

Bhu
2009-06-24, 05:03 AM
Aaah Cat Monsters...

knew I was gonna love these forums :smallbiggrin:

Athaniar
2009-06-24, 11:16 AM
The ancient evil has once again awakened. Believed to have been destroyed eons ago, it has returned, and the Cat War has begun anew. Pray to whatever Cat God you worship, for few will escape with their sanity intact...

Jergmo
2009-06-24, 11:17 AM
D'oh, turns out I read the Monstrous stuff wrong, so Mittens needs some work. I'll be making Patches soon.

elliott20
2009-06-25, 05:59 AM
By god, this explains so much about my cat! She's clearly a cleric of Snuggles!