PDA

View Full Version : Throwing with a tripping weapon

Rainbownaga
2009-06-23, 08:40 PM
Setting sun maneuvers let you make a trip attempt to throw targets, and the FAQ says that you can add your bonus from improved trip to this.

The question is, can you use a weapon to trip an enemy for a bigger bonus (or with a whip or spiked chain to do so at range with reach). The FAQ's (official and otherwise) don't seem to answer this question.

The complicating factor is that most of these are listed as having a range of touch, but the tornado throw has a range of melee attack.

So can you use a spiked chain to throw with
a. Only this maneuver
b. All maneuvers
c. No maneuvers

RagnaroksChosen
2009-06-23, 08:43 PM
Setting sun maneuvers let you make a trip attempt to throw targets, and the FAQ says that you can add your bonus from improved trip to this.

The question is, can you use a weapon to trip an enemy for a bigger bonus (or with a whip or spiked chain to do so at range). The FAQ's (official and otherwise) don't seem to answer this question.

The complicating factor is that most of these are listed as having a range of touch, but the tornado throw has a range of melee attack.

So can you use a spiked chain to throw with
a. Only this maneuver
b. All maneuvers
c. No maneuvers

I belive the ones that say touch require you to touch the person. However the tornado throw i would let any weapon use it... including a whip or a chain.

Curmudgeon
2009-06-23, 08:46 PM
The question is, can you use a weapon to trip an enemy for a bigger bonus (or with a whip or spiked chain to do so at range). That's not "at range". Those are reach weapons, which means you need to hold onto them. Bolas allow actual ranged trips.

Rainbownaga
2009-06-23, 08:52 PM
I belive the ones that say touch require you to touch the person. However the tornado throw i would let any weapon use it... including a whip or a chain.

Thanks for the help.

And yes, i meant "With reach" rather than range; I'll edit my post.