PDA

View Full Version : Question for Aussie/NZ AvP2 players

ShadowFighter15
2009-06-23, 09:23 PM
I asked this on the GameFAQs message boards, but that place seems to be desolate.

I borrowed a copy of AvP2 and it's expansion off a friend several years ago and I enjoyed the single-player (didn't bother with multi since I was still stuck with dial-up at the time). I've been tempted to buy it lately, now that it's dirt-cheap, but I'm mainly wanting it for the multiplayer now.

Now I've had problems with multiplayer games before; I've had no luck finding Australian/NZ-based servers for UT 3 (or 2004 now that I think about it) and god-knows how many Source Mods I've enjoyed, but never been able to play because they haven't taken off down here (Eternal Silence is the first to spring to mind in that regard). So, before I go and fork out the cash for AvP2, I want to know if there are many Aussie servers running or if the game's somewhat died off over the years.

If there are still Aussie servers running, what have you found the community to be like? Generally friendly (like the TF2 community) or is it full of annoying, arrogant morons?

DranWork
2009-06-23, 09:44 PM
Id be really supprised if there are any servers at all still running for that game considering its so old now. Never had much luck finding servers for it even when it was new (an im an aussie btw)

ShadowFighter15
2009-06-23, 09:59 PM
Damn, guess I'll just have to hope that AvP3 has a good multiplayer (and that my computer'll be able to run it).