PDA

View Full Version : Epic level non-caster builds? [3.5]

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 11:12 PM
Is it possible to have an epic non-caster, non-psionic build that dosn't blow?

(20th level)

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-06-23, 11:25 PM

(20th level)

I sense a contradiction in the force.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-23, 11:27 PM

(20th level)Depends on what your opponents are likely to be and what your DM does about Epic Spellcasting.

ToB falls off after 20(no Epic maneuvers), but most of the benefits of the non-Epic ones are still decent. Most of the precision damage builds are useless after 20(everything has G. Fortification, meaning you need Penetrating Strike, or to have Swift Hunter and a lot of DM bribes). Ubercharge still works, but many enemies will have defenses that you can't charge through. Lockdown is possible, but Casters do it better.

You know what? Define:Blow. After that, I can be more specific.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 11:30 PM
Blows: See "Sucks"

SurlySeraph
2009-06-23, 11:31 PM
Well, everything's hyperpowerful at epic levels. An epic level TWF ranger with kukris and a couple feats (Devastating Critical, Death of Enemies) can easily throw out multiple save-or-die attacks per round. It's just that epic magic is more hyperpowerful than anything else. Exactly how much power are you looking for?

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 11:41 PM
I just don't wana look puny in front of those casters

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-23, 11:48 PM
I just don't wana look puny in front of those castersNothing without Epic magic can compare to anything with Epic magic.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-06-24, 12:07 AM
Apart from ToB classes, the only thing I know of is the Wild Shape Ranger 5/ Master of Many Forms 10/ Nature's Warrior 1/ Warshaper 4.

If you're starting out in the higher levels, there's not really any reason to not make a spellcaster of some sort.

ZeroNumerous
2009-06-24, 12:14 AM
Nothing without Epic magic can compare to anything with Epic magic.

Unless it has Alter Reality.