PDA

View Full Version : El Goonish Shive

Felius
2009-06-24, 01:14 AM
http://www.egscomics.com/

Who else reads it? He has been updating semi regularly this time... Also, that's one nice teacher... Though the people on the EGS forum have seen to forget that while Abraham is currently unarmed he can turn into a werewolf if I remember right (I can seem to find the exact strip). I don't post there because it's too much work to have to register. :smalltongue:

Anyway, am I'm the only one whose power gamer side thinks that the diamond is completely awesome? I mean, you get Cursed With Awesome (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CursedWithAwesome), use the diamond, become able to transform and use all the cool powers at will, can still lead a more or less normal life (except for some potential energy build ups for a short time), and don't even have to deal with the other half. Just need to get away and wait, and a acient wizard will break from a rock and defeat whatever evil you unleashed. I mean, as long it's not something that you want to keep and care, you just need to wait... It's pretty much a power gamer/muchkin wet dream.

Raz_Fox
2009-06-24, 09:21 AM
I read it all in one go - it's interesting enough for me to check up on it semi-regularly. Yeah, Raven's pretty cool.

...And... those two lines are about all I can think up for the moment, so here's some filler text for y'all.

Rappy
2009-06-24, 09:34 AM
I was put off of EGS in the big hiatuses as well as some of the more exposition or teen angst-heavy moments, but I was brought squarely back with the promise of having a big wizard fight. While Dan's Twitter makes it clear that he's having art troubles again, the opening act of Raven's combat at least has me hanging around again for now.

Gez
2009-06-24, 10:01 AM
It's one of those webcomics I mostly read because I'm too lazy to remove them from my list of automatically-opened webcomics.

Jerthanis
2009-06-24, 11:00 AM
I left at the end of the year-and-a-half long birthday party, recently got back into it, wondered why I ever left, then had to wait three weeks for finals to be over before an update and remembered exactly why.

It's a fun and diverting comic riddled with pacing issues inside the comic and out.

Midnight Lurker
2009-06-25, 12:51 PM
And update!

Silly wizard. Honor is for kids.

Gez
2009-06-25, 02:47 PM
"Final warning: surrender or die" was pretty clear.

Felius
2009-06-25, 09:32 PM
"Final warning: surrender or die" was pretty clear.

It was the first time I seen it done seriously though. I mean, everyone and their dogs seems to like to offer enough final chances to complete your mission and destroy the world...

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-25, 09:36 PM
It was much better when I was reading it in one go without all the pacing issues. Still interesting though.

Indon
2009-06-29, 08:00 AM
It's pretty much a power gamer/muchkin wet dream.

Particularly because of the amorality such a plan requires - I mean, you're essentially murdering (a distinct copy of) yourself.

And I agree about the pacing thing - EGS is one of the best comics I've ever read - so long as you aren't waiting on updates. :P

Yuki Akuma
2009-06-29, 10:37 AM
Abraham can't turn into a werewolf...

Or, well, he might be able to. He's a wizard. But he wasn't the one who was cursed - that was some noble friend of his.