PDA

View Full Version : The phylactery being eaten shouldn't be that much of a problem to Xykon

Frog Dragon
2009-06-24, 05:21 AM
He could just destroy himself nad if he found himself in a stomach, he could simply blast whatever he was in with a maximised stilled lighting bold or something and the quickly bite the phylactery when he starts to grow. He isn't in any danger within the phylactery and he should regain a head immediately when he starts regenerating. And the phylactery can resist those stomach acids, sure thing.

i6uuaq
2009-06-24, 05:36 AM
unless of course, the thing with the sharp teeth which ate the phylactery actually chomped down on it, breaking it (hardness 40 notwithstanding). Then Xykon would kill himself and find himself truly and properly dead.

it's not that likely, granted, but do you think Xykon is going to take that risk?

Teddy
2009-06-24, 06:12 AM
And Xykon would himself be in danger while regenerating. He's not immune to acid damage.

And what about the phylactery being eaten by a sea-living dragon? Their stomaches are quite dangerous...

Prowl
2009-06-24, 06:27 AM
I would guess Xykon's opinion of that plan would resemble the sentiment expressed in the last panel of this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0191.html). The innards of a sea creature, I would guess, are not a safe place for a lich to regenerate.

Dagren
2009-06-24, 07:05 AM
I would guess Xykon's opinion of that plan would resemble the sentiment expressed in the last panel of this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0191.html). The innards of a sea creature, I would guess, are not a safe place for a lich to regenerate.Actually, his reaction to that plan resembles the first panel of this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0662.html).

Souhiro
2009-06-24, 07:25 AM
Gold is an acid-proof and corrossion-proof element, only "Auric water" (And scan damage it: So, if you eat a gold coin, you shall excrete a gold coin without any damage.

But... the RedCloak's holy symbol is Gold + Gems + Magic + A lot more magic. And Gems (and posibly any ink or blood used into sealing magic) isn't acid-proof.

If Xykon don't get his little soul-hidey-thing soon, se will be f??ked up.

theinsulabot
2009-06-24, 07:31 AM
plus if a deep sea creature got a hold of it and went to the depths of the ocean, the compression could crush it

J.Gellert
2009-06-24, 07:55 AM
I am certain that a magic item with, as Xykon said, so many abjuration spells, wouldn't be damaged by teeth, stomach acid, or water compression.

I am really not sure why Xykon is so concerned but I thought of this:
Xykon regenerates one part at a time and cannot move.
Redcloak was carrying him all the time to stay close to his phylactery.

So what happens if he regenerates his skull, and then the fish takes the phylactery away?

If I am right, he would be stuck as a single skull in the bottom of the sea, or in a sewer, and he would have to destroy himself again to start regenerating near his phylactery again.

NerfTW
2009-06-24, 08:05 AM
Or it could be sitting with the Azure city resistance.

Or with a sea creature capable of breaking through the abjurations.

Or falling into a sea vent leading to the molten magma under the planet's crust.

It's still a ridiculous idea to kill yourself and appear, defenseless, at a completely unknown location, where there's a good chance you'd be recognized as a lich and destroyed.

Random832
2009-06-24, 08:29 AM
plus if a deep sea creature got a hold of it and went to the depths of the ocean, the compression could crush it

:facepalm: not this again

The more important point is that the bottom of the sea is a dangerous place aside from the pressure, and Xykon would probably be outclassed, particularly given the particularly vulnerable position he is in when he's partway through regenerating.

Itamarcu
2009-06-24, 08:40 AM
What about Xykon going to the Oracle, to find where it is? It won't be hard... and I'm pretty sure someone thinked about it before.

thubby
2009-06-24, 08:42 AM
it's arrogant and stupid for him to assume he's thought of everything, he obviously never thought about the thing getting lost in the first place (or did and has since forgotten)

on top of that, he isn't spectacularly resistant to damage, a leviathan's stomach does more damage than even a limbless lich can resist.

there is a reason high level fighters don't jump off cliffs, it's not always dirt at the bottom.

KillianHawkeye
2009-06-24, 10:30 AM
What about Xykon going to the Oracle, to find where it is? It won't be hard... and I'm pretty sure someone thinked about it before.

That might work IF Xykon or Redcloak or anybody actually knew about him.