PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Bhaalspawn Template?

Malanthyus
2009-06-24, 05:34 AM
Pretty self exlanatory, anyone ever make one of these?

J.Gellert
2009-06-24, 06:50 AM
There is one in Dragon magazine #288...

Yora
2009-06-24, 07:00 AM
You can get pdfs of every single issue on Paizos site.

arguskos
2009-06-24, 07:02 AM
You can get pdfs of every single issue on Paizos site.
That does cost money though, and many of us are very poor. I'll retract my statement though, it isn't impossible. Post amended.

Malanthyus
2009-06-24, 08:31 PM
Found it:

Infused with Evil Template: Bhaalspawn (a dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, monstrous humanoid, outsider, shapechanger that with a spark of the Murder’s evil)

Description: Looks like the normal base creature.

Stats: Becomes an Outsider.
Natural Armor +1
CR +2

Other effects:
Receives Advantages & Penalties equal to ½HD+1 (min 2, max 11)

Advantages:
- Bull’s Strength, 3/day
- Darkness, 3/day
- Death Knell, 3/day
- Endurance, 3/day
- Cure Moderate Wounds, 3/day
- Scare, 3/day
- Cold Resistance 5
- Fire Resistance 5
- Damage Reduction 5/silver
- Immune to poison
- Heals 3hp per hour as long as he/she has at least 1hp.
- Holy Smite (if good) or Unholy Blight (if evil), 1/day.
- No longer takes penalties from aging & receives a +10 bonus on saves vs. death effects.
- Can turn his/her own blood into Deathblade poison, 1/day.
- Able to take the form of ‘The Slayer’ as a Standard Action. Gains +6 Natural armor, +8 Enhancement bonus to Strength, and a 1d10 claw attack, but takes 1 Constitution damage each round.

Penalties:
- Reckless: When below 50%, receive a –1 morale penalty to attacks & AC, until healed to over 50% hp.
- Blood Thirsty: Must make a Will save vs. DC 20 to do subdual damage or not attack the maximum number of opponents.
- At 0hp or less, goes into a coma until brought to 50% hp.
- Lose 2 points of Wisdom (non-recoverable).
- Lose 2 points of Charisma (non-recoverable).
- Demon’s Blood: Blood is dark ichor. If the Bhaalspawn is bleeding, it can be smelled by Evil Outsiders.
- Undead within 60’ are always aware of the Bhaalspawn’s location.
- Infernal Temper: Becomes more hostile. If taunted, humiliated, or misses a skill roll by more than 5, the Bhaalspawn must make a Will save vs. DC (10 + amount skill roll was missed by) or receive a –1 Morale on all skill checks until one succeeds by more than 5.
- Must murder someone who is not hostile to the Bhaalspawn every 13 days or lose 1 Wisdom per day until the murder is completed (at which point all Wisdom returns).
- Nightmares: Each time the Bhaalspawn rests, he/she must make a Will save vs. DC 10 + 1 per day the nightmares were resisted. On a failure, roll a d4 to determine the effect until the next rest: 1) –2 Morale penalty on attacks, 2) –1 Morale penalty on saves, 3) no natural healing during the rest, 4) no effect.
- Everyone who meets the Bhaalspawn initially distrusts him.
- The Bhaalspawn is treated as Evil by all spells & effects (including Holy weapons). If actually evil, the Bhaalspawn takes damage from Holy Water.
Now my question is, do you think I should change it to better fit 3.5, and if so, how? One thing I'm considering is changing the advantages and penalties by CR/level range.

Miyako
2009-06-25, 03:35 AM
I like the penalties, but I feel like there should be a significantly greater amount of flavour in the abilities. The Slayer form is the only thing that seems worthwhile. Everything else is just an extra Spell-like ability.

Suggestions for wierd or cool abilities:

Summon a Monster that is physically attached to the Bhaalspawn
Agelessness at the cost of being bound to several nasty penalties
New Penalty: Must carve the fingers, hands and feet off your kills
Gains more power as more Bhaal essence is made available
Spreads Taint
Death's Enlightenment: Does not need food or sleep, permanent True Seeing, Haste ability useable every 1dX rounds (not dispellable), increased critical hits reflecting refined ability to kill, immunity to fear, increased damage threshold and constitution, Fort and Will save increases etc.
Deathblade Poison blood is cool
Everyone who sleeps nearby suffers from a Nightmare spell effect
Unnatural Knowledge: Gain Sneak Attack like a thief, does not count toward class advancement

Butcher's Charisma: Gain increases to Cha, Leadership feat, attracts followers easily from Evil entities, untyped bonus to intimidate, special Scream sonic attack

New Flaw: (Good Alignment) Must periodically eat bugs to stop severe tremors in body, Fort Save to keep from suffering ill effect

Traits:

Completely Black Eyes
Bone-white Hair
Emmanciation
Smells like Blood ALL the time