PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a new race

motivatedjanza
2006-02-20, 12:55 PM
Okay, I've had this idea stickin' in the back of my head for a while. Hound archon paladin/cleric. Only problem, my friends think that the hound's racial abilities are too pumped up.
So then I tried looking at half-celestial, but I'm not a wing guy and the stats are even more pumped!
I'm considering aasimir, but I really want to end up keeping the archons sweet racial qualities without getting my friends mad. Requesting assistance.

motivatedjanza
2006-02-20, 01:00 PM
bump

motivatedjanza
2006-02-20, 01:03 PM
sigh, perhaps it is because I spelled aasimir wrong. Oh curse those useless hours of chatting before I returned to the righteous message boards! ???

motivatedjanza
2006-02-20, 01:09 PM
Oh crud, g2g. In the meantime feel free to use this board as anything to do with race or class creation. And I know you have them.

If you can help me with my problem, mail me. Later.

Don Beegles
2006-02-20, 01:13 PM
I'd guess it's you didn't try to make something of your own and put it up for approval. Most people on teh boards don't like making a new race for someone; they would prefer to critique an idea.

As for the question, maybe a half archon of some sorts. You could take all of the objectionable abilities of the archon and water then down to maek tehm less objectionable. I don't know how you'd do this, but it's a start.

jdrich
2006-02-20, 01:50 PM
I'd guess it's because you made three updates to your original post all within fifteen minutes of posting.

I mean geez.

The Half-Archon [Hound]

Borne of a relationship between a hound archon and a mortal, these creatures often resemble thier celestial parents more than thier mortal counterparts.

"Half-Archon" is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal, humanoid creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or higher and nonevil alignment (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

A half-celestial uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type

The creature’s type changes to outsider. Do not recalculate the creature’s Hit Dice, base attack bonus, or saves. Size is unchanged. Half-Archons are normally native outsiders.

Speed

The creature's base land speed is increased by 10'. All other movement rates remain unchanged.

Armor Class

Natural armor improves by +5 (this stacks with any natural armor bonus the base creature has).

Special Attacks

A half-archon [hound] retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following special abilities.

Spell-Like Abilities

At will - detect evil; 3/day - aid, message, protection from evil; 1/day - continual flame. Caster level equals the creature's HD.

Special Qualities

A half-archon [hound] has all the special qualities of the base creature, plus the following special qualities.

* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* Low-light vision.
* Scent.
* Resistance to electricity 10.
* Immunity to petrification.
* Natural Weapons: Bite (1d6). A half-archons natural weapons are treated as good aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
* Protection from Evil (Su): A protection from evil is always in effect on the half-archon. Caster level equals the creature's HD.
* Damage reduction 5/evil.
* +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves against poison.
* Spell resistance equal to 10 + the creature's HD.
* Aura of Menace (Su): A righteous aura surrounds half-archons that fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 10-foot radius of a half-archon must succeed on a Will save to resist its effects. The save DC varies with the type of half-archon and is Charisma-based. Those who fail take a -2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 1 hour or until they successfully hit the half-archon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon’s aura for 24 hours.
* Change Shape (Su): A hound archon can assume any canine form of Small to Medium size. While in canine form, the hound archon loses its bite attack, but gains the bite attack of the form it chooses. For the purposes of this ability, canines include any doglike or wolflike animal of the animal type. This ability is usable once per day and lasts for one hour for each HD of the base creature or until dispelled.

Abilities

Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +2, Wis +2, Cha +2.

Skills

A half-archon gains skill points as an outsider and has skill points equal to (8 + Int modifier) × (HD +3). Do not include Hit Dice from class levels in this calculation—the half-archon gains outsider skill points only for its racial Hit Dice, and gains the normal amount of skill points for its class levels. Treat skills from the base creature’s list as class skills, and other skills as cross-class.

Challenge Rating

As base creature +2.

Alignment

Always good (any).

Level Adjustment

Same as base creature +2.

bosssmiley
2006-02-21, 01:23 AM
Hound Archon racial clas from "Planewalkers Handbook". Shuts up the whining by using incremental levels instead of a chunk of abilities at your first level and than a swinging level adjustment.