PDA

View Full Version : Villain stats - Ernir and Haukur stay out!

Ormur
2009-06-24, 06:49 PM
Hi, I've just started DM-ing my first Campaign despite being much a noob. It's supposed to be a pretty long and hopefully epic campaign with a powerful villain that the players probably wont even know of for some time.

I figured he'd be the king of an evil kingdom bent on uniting the old Empire, or something like that, pulling the strings from his secluded palace. I found the mindbender prestige class in UA and I liked the flavour of it. What better way for a paranoid loner to rule a kingdom than to mind control his closest advisers and generals. I figured I'd give him all 10 levels of it and have his first level a simple aristocrat NPC. But to become a mindbender you need to have 5 levels as an arcane caster. I'm having trouble deciding what that should be.

I could simply make him a very specialized wizard enchanter but I don't want him to be a very overt spellcaster. There is another country ruled by Wizards in the world and I want to make it unique. I also don't want the king to be lobbing fireballs at his enemies. I was also thinking of making him a battle sorcerer but I'm not sure. I'd prefer him to be a half caster of some sort. I was even considering making him a Bard, a lawful evil bard, maybe you could help me there. Then he could have skills like perform oratory and perform menacing pipe organ. The knowledge history skills could also be useful character wise.

If you have any ideas about classes I could pick or some other tips it would be very helpful. I can't really ask my more experienced D&D friends since they'll be players in the campaign (oh boy).

J.Gellert
2009-06-24, 06:52 PM
Sounds like a Beguiler (PH2) would suit your needs.

DragoonWraith
2009-06-24, 08:05 PM
Hi Ormur!

You might want to check out the Joker Bard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99903), sounds pretty awesome for what you're going for.

Ormur
2009-06-25, 12:23 AM
Thanks, I forgot about the beguiler. He seems perfect for my purposes.

Hi, I didn't know you were here Dragoon. The joker bard is interesting and I might steal some of his features but it's a slightly different concept. He doesn't have to worry too much about my players finding him.