PDA

View Full Version : Marcus' Hunters (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Jack_Simth
2009-06-24, 09:37 PM
Marcus' Magnificent Merchant's Association is well known for being able to procure any item in the span of three days. What's slightly less well known is how they do it - they have a team of diviners find one that's not officially claimed, commission adventurers to fetch it, and give them a deadline. You've applied to be one of their hunters, and your first mission is to run a gauntlet of their devising with a few other recruits to demonstrate your competence and ability to hold to a deadline.

After having passed the initial interviews on your competence as a Hunter, Marcus has asked you to attend the practical exam. On that note, you have met him at the Tower of Testing, at dawn, outside City limits and a few miles into the jungles. The area around the Tower of Testing has been cleared of all vegetation that might provide concealment to a radius of five miles. All that's left is grass... and that kept trim by what appears to be a herd of cows.

The Tower of Testing itself is quite an impressive structure, made out of a light gray stone that contains both black and white granules. The tower looks to be at least twenty stories tall, and while it narrows slightly as it goes up, the ground floor has to be at least two hundred feet square. There are no windows or arrow slits, but at the top you can make out what appears to be a systemic series of notches in what is probably a flat roof.

Marcus meets you at the base, and addresses you as a group.

"It's always nice to meet the new recruits. Today is when we judge how well you work together. This is the Tower of Testing. Through the double-doors is a series of challenges of various natures. Traps, manufactured hazardous terrains, critters captured by the city guard, and such. What you're after, though, is a metal disk, about the size of your palm, with a number on it. There's one on each floor. You can turn back whenever you think you've had enough; you bring out the disk from the highest floor you attained, and bring it here. That'll give me a reasonable idea as to what goals you can, and can't, meet. You have until sunset. So... before we begin, are there any questions?"

Guru
2009-06-24, 09:48 PM
Quaxo stared at the doors to the tower, wondering what might be inside of them. He understood Marcus had said, and eargly awaited going into the tower. He did raise his hand though, having a looming worry in the back of his head, "Do many die going though this tower?" he asked, afraid of the answer.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-24, 09:56 PM
"Just one sir." Crows in Arian. He's got a sort of mean look to him, as if he's watching everyone, and finds what he sees less than satisfactory. Though that's just him, with his high intelligence and lack of moral fiber. He looks at Marcus and asks "Are we going in as a team, or is this a matter of finding out who's the best?" He adds the last part with a dark sense of smugness.

Guru
2009-06-24, 09:58 PM
Turning to the man, Quaxo says quickly, "What good would working against each other be if we have to all work together on a real mission?"

Jesse Drake
2009-06-24, 10:03 PM
He smiles. "Do we really have to... Fine, I guess I can see your point. Well, I guess only time will show who's at the top, who can really stand the heat." He scoffs, sort of doubting that his powers will be put to good use...

Guru
2009-06-24, 10:07 PM
"Indeed," Quaxo nodded, and looked the man in the eyes, "Might I get your name, sir?"

Jesse Drake
2009-06-24, 10:10 PM
He seems almost pleased by the common courtesy displayed in asking for ones name. "I am Arian Rought, Master of the Silent Feather, a powerful mysticism I've developed in my free time." He extends his large wings proudly, showing he is, literally at certain times, above, humanity. "And you good sir?"

Guru
2009-06-24, 10:13 PM
Quaxo looked at his magnificent silver wings. He chuckled a little, "Impressive." he said in amazement. "Quaxo Rumbus," he said, blowing a little.

ColdSepp
2009-06-24, 10:15 PM
Trask

Trask looks away from the tower at last, a cheerful grin on his face. His armor is stained a rust color, with black patterns on it, marking him a disciple of Kord. Around his neck is a holy symbol, and at his back is a greatsword. "Thank you for the opportunity, Marcus. It truly will be a pleasure to work for an organization as skilled as yours."

He then steps over to the avian and the human, sizing them up as well as the rest of the group. "Since we are working together, I'll need to know who will be with me in the front lines."

Guru
2009-06-24, 10:18 PM
Quaxo looked at the man and quickly drew his sword, bringing it up to his neck height and left it there for a moment. "I will be." he said, as he quickly put his sword away in another swift motion.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-24, 10:22 PM
Arian doesn't answer. He's kinda stunned by the mere thought he'd be in the front lines. Then, after sizing this man as a potential meat shield, he responds "I'm sorry, but I'm not that well with hand to hand combat... I prefer a different method." He moves his hand, and snags a coin from your pocket... Only to give it back of course. "That's just one of my skills, but trust me when I say I have no interest in the squandering of an... ally's, I suppose, petty cash." You can sense a truth in his sentence. After all, only the filthy races have a need to lie.

ColdSepp
2009-06-24, 10:23 PM
Trask

"Good to know." He fishes in his belt pouch for a moment, then pulls out a platinum ring. "Interested? I can shield you via magic, if you'd like."

He turns the the avian, grinning. "Nice trick. Names Trask, by the way."

Offering to Shield Other (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shieldOther.htm) him.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-24, 10:34 PM
"I am Arian Rought, Master of the Silent Feather, a powerful mysticism I've developed in my free time." He says, in a broken record type of deal, speaking with the exact same inflections as before. He then looks up, calling down his little buddy. "This is Sralls, my companion in my research..." He whistles to the bird in his native tongue. "We are birds of a feather, as the old saying goes." Then another thought occurs to him. "Perhaps I could assist you in that matter... We've sure got quite an edge from up here."
He's referring to his fly spell.

ColdSepp
2009-06-24, 10:39 PM
Trask

"I am not sure how useful that will be inside." He looks at the towers again. "It doesn't look like there will be much room to maneuver, but then you'd know better then I."

Yjama
2009-06-25, 04:20 AM
Grimsk

Grimsk stands with his arms cross, distancing himself from the conversation. He is entirely unarmored, dressed in nothing but his own scales, and, oddly, a cloak as well as a pair of gloves. A black scale hangs from a cord around his neck.
"Perhaps the bird will be of use if there is little food to go around within." He grins at Trask and Arian, sharp teeth showing.
Turning back to look at Marcus, he says "The tower has no windows. Will there be any other method for discerning the time of day, or do you expect us to wildly guess when sunset is drawing? And if we are not out when the sun has already set, do we automatically fail?"

half eaten oreo
2009-06-25, 04:48 AM
Tomek

A hafling with flaming red hair, and a well groomed mustache of matching color steps towards the middle of the group. he wears black leather clothes mixed with very shiny metal armor, a small piece of the same metal strapped to his left hand, and an almost as shiny flute hanging from a chain around his neck. "Tomek is the name. Well Trask I don't plan on ol' stabby..." He pasts his short sword. "...getting much work, but I am not averse to the frontlines."

"Oh one thing I should mention. Things tend to get a bit..." He fakes a cough, fire bursting from his mouth engulfing his hand. "...hot when I'm around. Fear not, if you allow me I can make the heat bearable."

Offering to cast Endure Exposure on each group member. There is a 10% arcane spell failure with each try, but as long as there is no rush, Tomek will just try again.

Endure exposure: With a touch, you grant a creature (or yourself) the ability to withstand hot or cold environments as if affected by the endure elements spell. In addition, the target is immune to any effects of your breath weapon. This invocation’s effect lasts for 24 hours.

Assuming Tomek started the day with all three of his 24 hour duration invocations active.

Guru
2009-06-25, 06:44 AM
Quaxo
"Yes, actually," Quaxo says, snagging the ring from the mans hands to look it over for a moment. He sways a little while looking over the ring, and his cloak follows respectively. He turns to the lizard man and tells him, "I haven't the foggiest of how we'll be telling time." he says, not taking his eyes off the ring. A small furry creature scowers out of his cloak also, and looks over the group a little, moving his head at whoever is talking.

Arcane Knowledge, to know about the ring: [roll0]
Appraise the ring also: [roll1]

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 06:47 AM
Trask

Trask nods to Tomak. "Well, it is meant to protect those who may need it, but I think Quaxo will be up there with me."

"It should last about half a day, to... unless it gets dispelled." He says, looking back at the tower. A thought occurs to him, and he turns back. "So, if I have Endure Exposure on me, you can breath your.... fire right through me? That seems very handy."

half eaten oreo
2009-06-25, 06:52 AM
Tomek

"Well not only..." Tomek whistles small cracks of electricity flowing with the air out of his mouth. "..fire, but yes I would be unable to harm you." Tomek flashes his best smile. "I'm sure other might need the ring's protection more, pop always said I had a good chin."

Jack_Simth
2009-06-25, 06:53 AM
Marcus takes a deep breath as he responds to the many questions in turn

"Yes Quaxo, people who don't judge their limits well, or get too greedy, do die in this test. That's a part of the reason it's held outside City jurisdiction. But it's not like you haven't been warned, and it's not like you didn't walk into this with both eyes open."

Marcus frowns slightly as he replies to Arian "It's a group test, of course. Everyone has a lack of some kind, and thus lone wolves don't survive long in this business. You already passed the individual criteria, now is the time to see how well you do in a group."

Marcus merely nods in acknowledgment to Trask.

To Grimsk, Marcus says "Ah, that reminds me..." Marcus digs a small brass object out of his pocket, and tosses it to Grimsk "There; you have a clock. Sunset's labeled; this being an equinox, you've got twelve hours... well, eleven hours, and fifty five minutes, now."

To everyone, he says "Do note that the clock is ticking, even as we speak. While we tell the clients 'three days', that has to include the research for finding the item as well as transportation time there and back. Usually, you'll have about a 48 hour your deadline in the field; sometimes the diviners go long, and you'll have less. Sometimes the client won't be available to receive the item until considerably later, and you'll have more. We pride ourselves on promptness, hence the brevity of this test. Once through these doors, the test begins properly. Your progress will be monitored while you are inside."

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 06:59 AM
Trask

"We should hurry. Twelve hours isn't much to get through twenty floors." He hands the ring to Quaxo, and pulls out his Metamagic Rod, casting Extended Shield Other. "I'll take that spell you offered, Tomak, and then we should get moving."

Extended Shield Other (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shieldOther.htm) will last 12 hours; so all they way through or until it gets dispelled. :smallwink: Don't forget to add 1 to your AC and Saves.

Yjama
2009-06-25, 07:00 AM
Grimsk

Grimsk examines the brass clock, frowning. "Indeed. Let's get a move on." Closing his fist around the watch, he marches towards the double doors, and if nobody says a thing to halt him, will try to push them open.

half eaten oreo
2009-06-25, 07:10 AM
Tomek

Tomek, why must they always get it wrong. "Right you are." Tomek follows the lizardman and taps his leg. "Hey can I get a look at that clock?" Tomek follows towards the tower, trying not to fall back because of his short legs.

Casting on whomever wants it. If Grimsk allows will examine the watch, then give it back.
knowledge arcana: [roll0]
bardic:[roll1]

Yjama
2009-06-25, 07:16 AM
Grimsk

Grimsk looks down at the halfling, leaning down and handing the watch to him. "Keep it. No doubt you will be able to store it somewhere safer than my hands." He straightens up again, and, if the door opened at his earlier push, walks in. If not, he examines it for a moment.

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 07:44 AM
Trask

Trask follows Grimsk and Tomek to the door, readying his weapon as he goes.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-25, 08:17 AM
With a flying leap, Arian flies from where he is to the entrance, only flying 1 round there, to get up, after that, he glides down, enjoying his ultimate freedom.

Wckd
2009-06-25, 08:22 AM
Latem Rewop

A new voice mix in with those that has already spoken. It belongs to a man in the back of the group. He looks like a regular human at first eyesight, but his features are somehow more calm and serene than those of an average human. He has long brown hair, a gentle face, and is of a slender build. One thing is most peculiar about him; he has completely white eyes.

He is clad in plate armor with religious markings that clearly indicates that he is a servant of St. Cuthbert. Two swords similar to each other, one larger than the other, rests at his sides. He wears a ring on each thumb. The rings are engraved with sacred words, and he has bound them to his hands so that he doesn't have to worry about losing one of them in the midst of battle. A silver necklace is found around his neck. It has an icon resembling a cudgel attached to it, again indicating that he serves St. Cuthbert.

He speaks only four words: "Lead the way Grimsk!"

Tequila Sunrise
2009-06-25, 09:21 AM
Finn introduces himself to the group, in a deep bass voice, as a front-liner. He is a tall and muscular man. He is blond haired, blue eyed and rests his great sword lazily on his shoulder as the group makes its way to the tower. "It's about time!" He says to nobody in particular. "I'm sick of interviews."

Guru
2009-06-25, 11:09 AM
Quaxo

Quaxo catches the ring and begins his own spells, pulling out a small lime from his pouch. He pushes his way towards Trask as his weasel followed, pulls out his sword, and makes friendly conversation, "So, what's your story? This is Roxy also." he he said, picking up his weasel and scratching it behind it's ears.

Spells cast: Magic Weapon, Greater (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicWeaponGreater.htm), Mage Armor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magearmor.htm)

Woodsman
2009-06-25, 11:17 AM
Leigh

Leigh walks up to the rest of the group. "Well, I'm apparently the last one here," he muses, introducing himself to the rest of the group and taking their names. His wolf stands by his side, panting. "So, what are we up for?" he asks, smiling.

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 11:20 AM
Trask

Trask grins, reaching out to pet the weasel. "My story?" He glances at Marcus, then lowers his voice. "My temple often equips its warriors with magic items; not all of us are granted powers from Kord. By providing help to his crews, they are hoping for a discount."

He draws his greatsword, resting it on his soldier easily, the hilt engraved with a symbol. "Personally, I don't think he will, but I wish to learn more about how to make items, so I volunteered."

Yjama
2009-06-25, 11:23 AM
Grimsk

Grimsk looks back at the newcomer, his eyes narrowing. "We will not let our time be wasted on another description. Just hope you can convince someone to fill you in while we walk."
With that he finally takes the first careful steps inside the building, looking around to examine it what he can see of the first floor...

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 11:37 AM
Trask

"Grimsk, if you are taking the lead, I'd like to cast a spell on you. It lets me monitor you're status." He smiles. "Hence it's name, status (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/status.htm)... If anyone is going with you, I can cast it on them as well."

Jesse Drake
2009-06-25, 11:38 AM
Noting Quaxo's spells, he casts shield and mage armor, donning his magical aid. He whistles to Sralls and smiles. "I'm sure this is bound to be amusing." He says that, peering at the lizard man and the draconic halfling.

Yjama
2009-06-25, 11:42 AM
Grimsk

Grimsk nods his permission to Trask, letting him cast the spell before turning once again towards the insides of the tower.

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 12:43 PM
Trask AC: 20 HP: 72/72 DP: 0/10
Spells : Extended Shield Other Quaxo; Status Grimsk;
Stance: Martial Spirit
Maneuvers:

Trask casts status (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/status.htm) on Grimsk.

Guru
2009-06-25, 02:32 PM
Quaxo

"To be honest, I just needed a job." Quaxo said, watching his weasel turn in his hand before putting him in a larger pocket in his cloak, "The adventure should be good too. I need some adventure in my life."

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 02:56 PM
Maneuvers:

"Adventure for the sake of adventure? That seems abit purposeless, doesn't it?" Trask walks through the double doors, looking about the room. "I mean, for wealth or fame or a cause, I get... but just for the hell of it?"

Guru
2009-06-25, 03:38 PM
Quaxo AC: 19 HP: 78/78
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Endure Exposure
Maneuver: Mind Over Body
Stance: Perl of Black Doubt

"Of course. When there's a reason, that is. The thrill is one thing, but money is a nice reward." he said, glancing back at the rest of the party.

Jack_Simth
2009-06-25, 05:30 PM
The double doors are quite plain, but very sturdy, seeming to be cut of a single sheet of iron. They are barred from the outside by a single steel beam, six inches by six inches. There are guide holes on either side of the door, that appear to be designed for you to slide the iron bolt in so that there's a place to put the bolt when it's not in use. It's obviously well-used and greased, but the massive weight of the construction makes it very difficult to move regardless. Still, between the eight of you, you manage.

There is a short room beyond, of the same stone as the rest of the tower, which ends twenty feet further in with a similar gate. Marcus gives one more parting instruction before you open it:

"Do make sure to close the outer door, and give me a moment to bar it before opening the inner door. While you will be monitored and let out when you return, we don't want anything else escaping."

Watch Description

The small brass clock is round and about two inches in diameter. It has a single button on the side which, when pressed, pops open a concealed lid. Inside, you see a three arrows pointing out from the center of the device; a long, skinny one that goes around quite quickly; a long fat one that moves very slowly, and a short fat one that seems to barely move at all. Around the edge of the face you see markings - numbers 1-12, with four tiny tick marks between each. There's also a ring inset in the "face" of the thing, which has a small icon of a yellow circle with some lines radiating out near the number 3.

In case it isn't obvious from the description, it's a pocket watch, including seconds, minutes, and hours; the sun icon is to give you an idea if it's AM or PM. It's designed in such a way that if you face north while looking at it, and point the 12 directly upwards, the sun icon will match the position of the sun in the sky.

There is some very minor magic in it; a once/day Mage Hand effect, which does nothing more than wind it on schedule. The rest is mechanical springs and gears. It's a magical trinket, essentially.

Yjama
2009-06-25, 05:34 PM
Grimsk

Nodding at the last bit of instruction, he, and presumably the others, pull the outer door closed behind them. He waits for the sound of the bar being slid back into place, before heading to the inner door.
"Well. This is it. When we open this door, there is no knowing what we will meet within. Is everyone prepared?" He stands by the inner door, placing a hand on the bar holding that one shut. He looks back at the group, waiting for them to finish all preparations, and then come help him open it.

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:38 PM
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Protection from Arrows, Endure Exposure

"Oh," he says, pulling out a small piece of turtle shell. He began his last spell, and finished rather quickly. "For arrow traps, protection from arrows (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/protectionFromarrows.htm). Ready," he said, stepping behind Arian.

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 05:38 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask waits by the main door, and as soon as all have entered he shuts it with there help. Once it is shut, he strides to the front of the group, taking his place beside Quaxo. "Tomek, let us know when a minute has passed so we can proceed." He says.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-25, 05:46 PM
Arian AC: 16 HP: 54/54
Spells:Mage Armor, holding the shield, but gonna use it soon

Arian steps in and nods. He's quite tired of speaking in common, frankly, for it's not his favored tongue. As he walks, he steps with purpose, and Srall perches on his shoulder proudly. He allows others to lead... Arian didn't care what silly stipulations were placed on entrance, he just knew that the team would surely reach the highest point... At least if he had anything to do with it.

half eaten oreo
2009-06-25, 06:19 PM
Tomek AC: 22 HP: 79/79
Spells/Invocations :Endure Exposure, Draconic Knowledge, Voidsense

Tomek seems enthralled by the little device. "Um..yeah I'm ready." He spends some time trying to understand the machine. "One minute has passed...NOW."

Woodsman
2009-06-25, 06:35 PM
Leigh: AC;17, HP;60/60
"Let's go," Leigh says, a bit excited.

Yjama
2009-06-25, 06:47 PM
Grimsk

With help from the others, they move the bar from the door. Grimsk heads to the front, standing directly in front of the door. "Everyone ready? The moment we step through this door, anything might happen. So make sure you've nothing left to do!" After receiving positive answers from everyone, or negative ones, in which case he waits until said person is ready, he pushes open the inner door to the Tower of Testing...

ColdSepp
2009-06-25, 07:24 PM
Spells : Extended Shield Other Quaxo; Status Grimsk; Endure Exposure Self
Maneuvers:

Trask takes his greatsword in hand, then nods his readiness to Grimsk.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-25, 07:57 PM

"Hm... I'm ready reptile." He quickly answers. He peers at his companions. Meh, they could pull this off. How bad could things possibly get?

Guru
2009-06-25, 08:10 PM
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Protection from Arrows, Endure Exposure

"Of course I'm ready," he says to Grimsk.
"Why so smug?" he asks Arian in Auran.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-25, 08:23 PM

"I've, in my studies, attained powers beyond any ordinary wizard... I can become the fleeting shadows, should I wish," he replies in auran, referring to his invisibility and displacement spells. "I've mastered ways to hit true with any shot, and when I hit... I make it hurt. Ever see someone take a searing energy blast to the kidney... They go down crying, every time." Obviously referring to true strike and scorching ray, respectively, and then, with a smile, he remarks "Hm... You seem like a dignified fellow... I see your a master of the true magic arts... Plus you're knowledgeable in the tongue of the winds..." You don't know him well, but that seems to be the closest thing to a compliment he's able to give.

Guru
2009-06-25, 08:29 PM

"I have. I'm also very knowledgeable in the art of fighting." he said, flipping his sword in his hand a few times, "I speak many languages. A true renaissance man. Not al humans are inferior, in fact."

Jack_Simth
2009-06-26, 06:48 AM
Hearing the outer bar move into place with a disturbingly resonating clang... and noting that the only one out there to move that massive bar was Marcus himself... you slowly remove the inner bar, and open the inner doors, to reveal what appears to be a densely forested area. You can see tree trunks going up to the forest canopy, with a fair amount of dense underbrush around; the lighting is dim, with only a fairly small amount of light filtering through the canopy. The wall on either side of the door is only slightly difficult to spot, as it appears to have been painted by a master to resemble a continuation of the forest, as has the inside of the door; were you not right next to it, there would be severe difficulties telling where the forest ended and the walls began.

Reactive Spots check to see less obvious details, please.

Light Undergrowth everywhere; -2 to Tumble and Move Silently checks, and each square of movement costs double, but you gain Concealment's 20% miss chance from it.

ColdSepp
2009-06-26, 08:24 AM
Maneuvers:

"Whoa, wonder what kind of gear he has that let him do that... probably gets the best of the best...." Trask thinks, then peers into the forest room. "Huh. I was not expecting this." He says to no one in particular.

After Grimsk proceeds, he'll follow at Quaxo's side.

Spot: [roll0]

Yjama
2009-06-26, 08:34 AM
Grimsk

Looking around the forest with a frown, Grimsk moves away from the larger part of the group with a few words. "I'll scout along the sides, try to find the way out of here." If nobody asks him to wait, he places one hand on the wall to the left of the door, moving along it, trying to find another door.

Spot check: [roll0]

half eaten oreo
2009-06-26, 09:03 AM

"Well this is weird." Tomek takes his time looking around the "forest", particularly trying to make out how far up the roof is.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-26, 09:21 AM

A forest, here. How odd... How peculiar... How strange... Well, I suppose the best course of action would be to keep my eyes open and let this oddly disciplined Lizard do his job.

Arian peers next to him and notices the odd little man, with fiery orange hair and chuckles a bit... Dragons, he thought, were almost worth his respect, but look at him... How could they select their power, their ancient might, to be embodied in a halfling? It made him wonder.

[roll0] Spot Check

Wckd
2009-06-26, 09:47 AM
Spot check: [roll0]
As they proceed into this forested area Latem wonders how the plants can grow in here, and comes to the conclusion that some kind of magic has been used, or perhaps it is an illusion?

Guru
2009-06-26, 11:07 AM

Standing next to Trask, Quaxo yelled to the lizard, "Don't go too quick, we still need to find that disk." he said. Quaxo walked forward slowly, being cautious of traps.

Spot Check: [roll0]

ColdSepp
2009-06-26, 11:31 AM
Maneuvers:

"Find it, and the one on each floor... all before sundown." He says. "How long do we have, Tomek?" He asks the halfling with the watch.

OOC:
I think its morning, but not sure.

Tequila Sunrise
2009-06-26, 12:16 PM

Finn looks about, hoping to spot an obvious path or perhaps whatever it was that he and his new companions were supposed to find. Or, more likely, the strong odor of a large predator on the air.

Woodsman
2009-06-26, 01:11 PM
Leigh smiled at the revelation of the forest. "Excellent! I have an advantage here!" he grins, looking around.

Spot Check
[roll0]

half eaten oreo
2009-06-26, 03:05 PM

"We should have just under 12 hours, but let me check." Tomek places his and inside his magic pack. Watch. The magical trinket appears in his hand, he opens the lid. "We have [time remaining] left."

Guru
2009-06-26, 03:34 PM
Maneuver: Mind Over Body, Nightmare Blade, Stone Bones, Emerald Razor

"We better hurry. Remember, he never mentioned how many floors." Quaxo said, still inching forward.

Jack_Simth
2009-06-26, 04:46 PM
The calm of the forest is suddenly disturbed as a gang of ten widely scattered green humanoids, only two or three feet tall, each of which appears to be surrounding by a faintly shimmering field of force, appear from the foliage moments after you step through the door; only Leigh begins reacting before they begin their chants....

Mechanics for everyone:

Ten opponents, no actual armor although they do seem to have some shimmer around their torsos, and they all seem to carry very nice heavy crossbows, already loaded and sized for them.

Knowledge(Local) to identify race.

Surprise Round, only Leigh and opponents get to act. Roll for initiative.

Opponents Initiative: [roll0]

No one goblin is within forty feet of another, and the closest goblin is fifty feet away from the entrance, through the underbrush; the farthest, 100 feet. They're organized into a wide double-wheeled circle; first wheel is a 50-foot radius from the entrance, and there are three goblins evenly spaced along it; the second wheel is at a 100-foot radius from the entrance, and there are seven goblins evenly spaced along it. Don't forget the terrain penalties.

All ten opponents are casting a spell at the most threatening opponent: Trask Skkon. Spellcraft to ID (although most of you will recognize it OOC anyway).

Each throws a blob of force, which unerringly heads directly towards Trask.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
(Note: If Leigh kills some number of them before the monsters go, remove the rolls in the order they're posted)

Time on Watch: 11 hours, 54 minutes, 48 seconds remaining.

For Leigh only:

The ceiling is only ten feet high. It's just painted very, very well. Nothing here grew here.

Yjama
2009-06-26, 04:55 PM
Rolling initiative, [roll0]. I assume I'm standing a bit to the left of the door, seeing as I headed almost immediately in that direction to scout.

Seeing the monsters, Grimsk seems quite upset as they cast their spells at Trask, and charges off towards the nearest one.

I have 50' movement, so even with the underbrush movement penalty, I should reach the closest one in a single Charge. I'll Charge as soon as I have initiative.

Guru
2009-06-26, 05:00 PM

Init: [roll0]
Are we getting a map?
Quaxo quickly pulls his longsword up, showing he is ready to fight.

half eaten oreo
2009-06-26, 05:20 PM

Little green men in the forest..hmmm. Tomek moves towards a stronger looking party member. "Go take their heads off!" Tomek follows that with a sporting tap in the rear.

Initiative: [roll0]
Knowledge Local:[roll1]
Spellcraft:[roll2]

Casting Heroism (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/heroism.htm) on Grimsk, or Latem if Grimsk is out of range. If neither is in range inspiring courage.

Heroism:
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 10 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell imbues a single creature with great bravery and morale in battle. The target gains a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks.

ColdSepp
2009-06-26, 06:18 PM
Trask AC: 20 HP: 48/72 DP: 10/10
Maneuvers: FoeHammer, Stone Bones, Revitalizing Strike

Trask lets out a soft cry of pain as the orbs hit him. "Damn... should have brought a bow." Is all he says, moving forward into the room.

Initiative [roll0]
Move 10 feet forward (max in undergrowth)
Convert Bless to Cure Moderate Wounds [roll1]

Wckd
2009-06-26, 06:46 PM
Latem Rewop AC: 18, HP: 76 Speed: 20
As the opponents appear, and begin their chanting, Latem Tries to identify it as well as the attackers.
Rolls
Knowledge(Local): [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]
Spellcraft: [roll2]

Realizing that Trask is yet again the target of the many Magic Missiles Latem decides to places a hand on Trask's shoulder, channeling positive energy to him.

As requested I edited Latem's action in: Latem used up an inflict light wounds to spontaneously cast cure light wounds on Trask who was healed of 12 HP.

Woodsman
2009-06-26, 07:42 PM
[roll0]

Leigh draws his weapons ready, to attack quickly. The undergrowth would prove no impediment to him.

Jesse Drake
2009-06-26, 08:09 PM
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Bluff, for a faint

Arian flys forward as far as he can, and upon seeing his foes, he 'passes out'.

Tequila Sunrise
2009-06-27, 12:37 PM
Finn prepares to rush the nearest creature.

Init: [roll0]
Finn's movement is only 30, so he'll have to just full-out run up to a goblin and be content with an AoO.

Woodsman
2009-06-27, 01:40 PM
Leigh charges the nearest goblin, striking at it with his scimitar. The undergrowth seems to shift around him, letting him pass with out trouble. He hits, dealing the goblin a mortal blow. His form wavers and blips, and he's a wolf, ready to go after another goblin.

To hit:
[roll0]

Damage:[roll1]

Jack_Simth
2009-06-27, 04:07 PM
Undeterred by the surprise blast from the goblins, Finn is the first to react, and charges in close... unfortunately, the pervasive underbrush prevents Finn from killing his target... yet.

The goblin nearest Finn takes a step back out of reach, and then all the goblins fire on what is... for the moment... considered the worst threat: That guy in armor they targeted initially. Ten orbs of force strike him, unerringly.

Leigh charges through the underbrush unhindered, laying out the nearest goblin with a single blow, Changing as he does so.

Tomek buffs his nearest ally, Grimsk, imbuing him with a great bravery.

Trask casts a spell to mend his wounds... and while it helps, it's clearly not enough for a complete healing.

Arian flies towards an available goblin, falling to the ground a mere ten feet short of his goal, seemingly collapsing from the exertion...

Grimsk charges, and, despite the underbrush, gets there... but gets distracted by the crunching noise of the terrain, and misses completely.

Latem casts a curative spell on Trask, lightly helping to speed the mending of his wounds.

Turn order:
Finn, Goblins, Latem, Quaxo, Grimsk, Leigh, Tomek, Trask, Arian

Finn: Move next to a goblin
Goblins: Fire!
[roll0] Force damage on Trask again (nobody has proven to be a bigger threat... yet, but that changes this round.

Leigh hit - AC 17, 7 hp - it's now at -1, and quite out of the fight.

Goblin Sense Motive: [roll1]... not that the gobbo has any chance whatsoever...

Tequila Sunrise
2009-06-27, 07:31 PM
Finn frowns as the small creature skitters away, somehow unhindered by the thick foliage. "Monkey-mage or not, you're mine!" he says as he steps forward to strike.

Attack: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Yjama
2009-06-27, 08:04 PM
Grimsk quickly composes himself, before flying into a Flurry of attacks against the goblin he charged initally. Fist, tooth and claw, he hopes to beat the little bastard into the ground.

Actions, OOC within:
Now, according to the PHB FAQ, if a monk has natural weapons, he can use them in the same turn as a flurry, separately. However, I might be misunderstanding that, so if I am, do correct me; I'm basing this all from a helpful article I read here (http://www.infiniti2000.com/d20/natwpn.html).

Unarmed Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Claws: (I roll twice since I have two claws, right?)
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Bite:
[roll8]
[roll9]

half eaten oreo
2009-06-27, 11:46 PM
Invocations :Endure Exposure, Draconic Knowledge, Voidsense
Spells: Heroism on Grimsk

Tomek looks at the dense foliage, then at his short legs and promptly pulls out his crossbow and fires at a distant goblin. "Die Chanook!" I hope.

Move Action: Draw weapon.
Standard: Shoot xbow.
Firing at the goblin at 30,14.
Light xbow: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
Edit: Forgot miss chance, but that hardly matters after that roll.

In case of critical:

Light xbow: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

ColdSepp
2009-06-28, 10:20 AM
Trask AC: 20 HP: 43/72 DP: 0/10
Maneuvers: FoeHammer, Stone Bones, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics , Mountain Hammer

Trask nods his thanks for the healing, then simply gestures at Tomek. "Shoot again."

Swift Action: White Raven Tactics on Tomek
Move Action: Move 10 feet forward (Full Plate FTW)
Standard Action: Obscuring Mist to Cure Moderate [roll0]

Guru
2009-06-28, 11:09 AM

Quaxo charges forward, going towards one of the goblins that has yet to be attacked. He runs quickly and has his weapon up, ready to fight.

half eaten oreo
2009-06-28, 06:23 PM

Suddenly invigorated by Trask's words reloads and aims his crossbow. "First was just a warning shot! Now you die."

Initiative is now Trak's -1
Move Action: Reload.
Firing at the goblin at 30,14.
damage:[roll1]
Miss Change: [roll2]

In case of critical:

Light xbow: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]

Jesse Drake
2009-06-28, 07:06 PM
Arian just lays there and doesn't make a sound... He stays put, waiting for an enemy to come towards him. Clearly he's a tactical mastermind, but he fears maybe his team mates might think he's a bit faint of heart.I know out of turn, but I just couldn't wait to post I was doing nothing... Anyways, I figured I'd just get that out of the way for when it is my turn.

Jack_Simth
2009-06-29, 07:05 PM
Finn takes a swing at his nearby Goblin.... and hits nothing but brush for his trouble.

The remaining goblins continue their barrage, but they target the guy who one-shotted one of them: Leigh. After, they ready their pre-loaded heavy crossbows....

Quaxo runs, trying to reach the next goblin in line for a beating...

Grimsk flurries, and while the first two attacks miss due to the concealing brush, claws and teeth strike true, knocking one of the goblins flat.

Tomek shouts out a taunt, and fires his crossbow... and misses completely.

Trask works on mending his own wounds as he inches forwards, spurring Tomek on.

Tomek again shouts out a taunt as he loads and fires his cross bow... and still misses completely. One of the goblins taunts back: "Ah, looky here... we have a blind archer! Imagine that! Well, now we know who to wait up on for cleanup duty." The other goblins guffaw in response.

Arian stays in his crouched position, waiting to spring up at any goblin who comes near....

Turn Order: Finn, Goblins, Latem, Quaxo, Grimsk, Leigh, Tomek, Trask, Tomek, Arian

Finn Miss Chance; goblin rolling, so 80 or less hits (high is good for the goblin)[roll0]

Goblin damage rolls:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9] (Remove this one if an AoO interrupts the spell)

No actions posted, and we're over 48 hours from the last DM update:
Latem (Wckd), Leigh (Woodsman). They're considered to be delaying, for now.

Map:

{table]|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|1 7|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33| 34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43
01| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
02| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
03| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
04| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
05| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
06| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
07| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
08| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
09| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
10| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
11| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |g| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
12| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
13| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
14| | | | | | | |g| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |g| | | | | | | | | | | | |
15| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
16| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
17| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
18| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
19| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |g| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
20| | | |g| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |F| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |g| | | | | |
21| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |A| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
22| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Q| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
23| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
24| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
25| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
26| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
27| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
28| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |La|| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
29|g| | | | | | | | | |g|Le| | | | | | | | |Tr|To| | | | | | | | |G|g| | | | | | | | | |g|
30|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|d|d|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w[/table]

Woodsman
2009-06-29, 07:16 PM
My bad, O DM.

Leigh charges the next goblin (to the left), tearing at it with his teeth.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

ColdSepp
2009-06-29, 07:27 PM
Maneuvers: FoeHammer, Stone Bones, Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics , Mountain Hammer

Annoyed, Trask runs forward.

Run Action, move 30 feet forward.

Tequila Sunrise
2009-06-29, 09:22 PM
Finn swings harder.

[roll0], [roll1] (3 into Power Attack)

half eaten oreo
2009-06-29, 09:52 PM
Music: none

Curse my short legs! Tomek reloads his crossbow, and aims at the goblin that made fun of him. "I've warned you enough!"

Firing at the "funny" goblin

In case of critical:

damage:[roll4]

Yjama
2009-06-30, 04:13 AM
Grimsk leaps over the dead goblin, running towards the one by the wall. He leaps into the air as he draws near, aiming at the goblin with a flying kick.

Attack Roll: [roll0] (Yay, I remembered Heroism!)
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Flying Kick: [roll2]

Wckd
2009-06-30, 04:34 AM
Sorry, I was waiting for a map update before i wanted to do anything.

Although he is heavily armored, and the terrain is difficult to move through Latem moves forwards in a straight line hoping to reach a goblin eventually.

If we are allowed to use run then I will be running, if not I will be moving at hustle speed instead. 2 rounds of running means I would end in the square called 21horizontal(h) 16vertical(v), 2 rounds of hustle would put me in 21h 20v.

Guru
2009-06-30, 06:39 AM
Ragonork runs up and to the right 30', and attacks an unprotected goblin.

Guru
2009-06-30, 06:40 AM
Damn syntax

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
To hit 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

and forgot str mod to damage rolls, so add 4

Jesse Drake
2009-06-30, 09:27 AM
Arian springs up, and stares at the goblin in front of him. He's got a scorching ray 'burning a hole in his pocket', so he waits, hoping a goble-o will take those steps within thirty feet of him. [roll0], touch ac, for [roll1] fire damage for an additional [roll2] sneak attack damage.
He points his finger at the goblin near him and fires, emotionless. It was far less devastating than he thought it would be.

Jack_Simth
2009-06-30, 07:51 PM
Finn swings, but the goblin manages to use the brush to seem to be a little further to the left than he actually is, causing Finn's blow to go astray.

The goblins, looking very fearful, all things considered, target Leigh and fire.

Latem continues his reckless rush through the underbrush.

Quaxo charges towards the nearest goblin, finding out that it seems a bit farther than expected.

Grimsk sails over the downed goblin, and knocks the head clean off the next one with his flying kick; the blood fountains all over the walls, causing the paint to run a little. It also stops marks the ceiling, approximately ten feet up, so that it's quite obvious you don't have as much headroom as it first appeared.

Leigh charges the next green-skinned midget it line, but slips on some of the blood from his last opponent, and doesn't recover well enough to land his carefully-aimed blow.

Trask runs through the brush, but doesn't go very far due to the weight of his armor and the branches entangling his legs.

Tomek fires a shot at the "funny" goblin... who just gives Tomek a toothy grin back at Tomek as the bolt glances off a bit of brush.

Arian fires off his shot, and hits his target, dropping it to the ground... but the brush prevents him from hitting as vital a spot as he would like.

One of the goblins, with almost half of their number down, and all of the party still standing, shouts out: "We Surrender!"

Turn Order: Finn, Goblins, Latem, Quaxo, Grimsk, Leigh, Trask, Tomek, Arian

Concealment miss chance: Finn's target: [roll0], goblin rolling, so high is good for the goblin - 80 or less hits.

Note: If you threaten, take your AoO's.

Goblin Attack: [roll1] for [roll2]
Goblin Attack: [roll3] for [roll4]
Goblin Attack: [roll5] for [roll6]
Goblin Attack: [roll7] for [roll8]
Goblin Attack: [roll9] for [roll10]
Goblin Attack: [roll11] for [roll12]
Goblin Attack: [roll13] for [roll14]
Goblin Attack: [roll15] for [roll16]
(note: Remove them, in order, if any of the goblins die before they can fire; all target Leigh - targeting normal AC, probably won't do much).

Quaxo: No goblins within 30 feet of your previous turn's position. Basically, unless you've got something that lets you ignore terrain penalties, you're not hitting anything this round - due primarily to the 1.5 movement cost for diagonal movement. Updated map based on a double-move.

Map:

{table]|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|1 7|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33| 34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43
01|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
02|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
03|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
04|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
05|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
06|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
07|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
08|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
09|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
10|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
11||||||||||||||||||||g|||||||||||||||||||||||
12|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
13|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
14||||||||g||||||||||||||||||||||g|||||||||||||
15|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
16|||||||||||||||||||||La||||||||||||||||||||||
17|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
18||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Q|||||||||||||||
19|||||||||||||||||||g||||||||||||||||||||||||
20||||g||||||||||||||||F|||||||||||||||||g||||||
21|||||||||||||||||||A||||||||||||||||||||||||
22|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
23|||||||||||||||||||||Tr||||||||||||||||||||||
24|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
25|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
26|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
27|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
28|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
29|g|Le|||||||||g|||||||||||To||||||||||g||||||||| G|g|
30|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|d|d|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w[/table]

ColdSepp
2009-06-30, 08:22 PM
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Stone Bones, Mountain Hammer

Trask keeps his weapon ready, but seems inclined to accept their surrender. "Drop your weapons then."
He says, "The less time we have to spend fighting, the better."

Double move to square 20/20, after Finn moves out of it.
Is there a crossbow in the goblins square?

half eaten oreo
2009-07-01, 10:14 AM

Tomek reloads and keeps his sight on that one goblin. "My crossbow has a really light trigger pull." Tomek waits impatiently after Trask's command to the goblins to disarm.

Redying an action if the goblin does not drop the crossbow to shoot.
Standard: Ready

In case of critical:

damage:[roll4]

Wckd
2009-07-01, 12:11 PM
Latem changes direction, but keeps moving. His feet takes him closer and closer one of the goblins. While proceeding towards the goblin he puts his hands on his swords, readying himself for an attack on the goblin if it does not lower it's weapon.

Proceed towards the goblin in 20h, 11v. Prepared action: Quickdraw(with the his Iaijutsu Mastery feat) + Charge at the goblin.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-01, 12:30 PM
Arian takes to the air and flies 75 feet towards the next goblin. As he lands, he merely smiles, and points to the goblins weapon, gesturing him to drop it.

Yjama
2009-07-01, 12:57 PM
Blood splattered across his form, Grimsk doesn't bother to join the others at their negotiating. He never had been good with people, or goblins. Instead he brushes off, and keeps moving with his hand gliding along the wall, trying to discover any anomalies along its masterful colors, fully confident that the spell upon him will allow the others to keep track of his location.

Search check, if you want it. [roll0]

Jack_Simth
2009-07-01, 07:56 PM
With nobody pressing the attack, the goblins drop their spent crossbows at their feet, making a soft rustle as the crossbows fall into the brush, and raise their hands up, putting them on the backs of their heads, awaiting what comes next. The "funny" goblin from before speaks up: "So... I'm guessing you're after the coin in the viewing pool?"

Grimsk:

On the opposite side of the four hundred foot by four hundred foot room from where you started, your searching fingers find a crevice in the walls, concealed in the image of a vine upon a tree. A bit of follow-up seems to indicate that the painted tree trunk masks a door, with a "painted" knothole that does indeed turn out to be a circular depression, about the size of your palm.

400 xp each; terrain favored them, so it's slightly more than you'd normally get for the 10 CR 1 opponents.

ColdSepp
2009-07-01, 08:15 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask loots the closest corpse, grabbing the bolts and crossbow. Following that, he stomps his way through the underbrush to the goblin which spoke. "How did you lot come to be here?" He asks. "And where is the viewing pool?" He doesn't ask anything about the coin mentioned, assuming one of his comrades will take care of that.

half eaten oreo
2009-07-02, 01:41 AM

Tomek tries to answer Trask's question before any goblin can. "These are just a bunch of local raiders. They got captured a few days ago by the local town guard. As you the all have some magical Talent. Leader goes y the name of Chanook, Hantolu is his right hand man."

ColdSepp
2009-07-02, 02:27 AM
Maneuvers:

Trask looks at Tomek with some surprise. "That's quite detailed, where did you pick up that information?" He briefly wonders how well connected Marcus is with the town guard, then looks back to the goblins. "And he didn't tell me where the pool was, so you still have to do that."

Jack_Simth
2009-07-02, 06:33 AM
Chanook goes slightly pale as Tomek reads off the rap sheet. "Umm... yeah, that's... pretty much it. The pool is in the center of the room... I think, it gets a little hard to navigate here, sometimes. We cover it with some brush whenever we see someone coming in, so people don't know how we knew they were coming."

And yes, for a medium creature trying to wield a Masterwork Small Heavy Crossbow, it's -2 for the size difference, +1 for Masterwork, and it goes from two-handed to fire to one-handed to fire. Do note, though, that it still takes two hands to load, and it's still a full round action to load without using Rapid Reload.

Guru
2009-07-02, 06:42 AM
Quaxo

Quaxo fell back in order next to Trask, disappointed he missed the fighting. He stood silently, waiting to see what would happen.

Yjama
2009-07-02, 08:50 AM
Satisfied at finding the door, Grimsk rubs his index finger into various spots of goblin blood on his scales, and tries to use it to draw an X on the tree that conceals the door.
If the blood drawing fails, he will use his claws to scrape an X into the nearest real tree, and rip up the undergrowth in a small area around the door.
If the trees aren't actually real, and prove resistant to his attempt to mark them, he will just tear up the undergrowth, albeit in a larger area.
No matter how he marks the spot, he will then proceed back to the rest of the group.

ColdSepp
2009-07-02, 10:51 AM
Maneuvers:

"Lead us to the pool, then." Trask says, still looking rather bloody from all those orbs hitting him.

Yes, I know. Still, it's better then spending a full round action struggling through brush. :smallwink:

Guru
2009-07-02, 11:56 AM
Quaxo

Seeing Grimsk coming back, he yells, "Find anything?"

Jesse Drake
2009-07-02, 01:51 PM
Arian

Arian smirks as the goblins give up. It's amusing watching the little men flounder. With a leap, he takes off and joins the others, landing gracefully.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-02, 07:35 PM
As Grimsk puts bloodstins across a section of the massive, masterwork painting, and returns to the group, Chanook nods, and leads the group to an area out in the middle of the fake forest - where he pulls up several branches, upon which was lashed some of the brush, to reveal a clear pool of water, with a coin in the middle. Chanook taps the water lightly with his toe, and the ripples form a clear image of the area just outside the tower's entrance - it's very obvious that they could easily see when you entered. After a moment, the ripples still, and it goes back to looking like a normal pool of water, with an ornate disk, about the size of a human palm, in the center.

"Here it is," says Chanook, "looks like we're not getting out this time, either."

ColdSepp
2009-07-02, 07:54 PM
Maneuvers:

"You are stuck here?" He asks the goblin, keeping his eyes on the pool... though he doesn't reach for the coin in the center, fearing a trap. After all, there is a reason the goblins left it.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-02, 07:58 PM
Arian

"Watch it earthwalker." Snaps Arian. "You've got to be more careful when reaching for things..." He takes a look at the water and scans for traps.
[roll0] Search check for traps... Be better than my initiative.

Woodsman
2009-07-02, 08:01 PM
Leigh's form shifts agin, this time into a human. He walks to the rest of the group, grinning. "Now?" he asks simply.

ColdSepp
2009-07-02, 08:06 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask looks at Arian, raising a brow. "Considering the mere sight of goblins was enough to send you crashing to the earth you claim to hate, I really don't think you should be giving advice."

Jesse Drake
2009-07-02, 08:26 PM
Arian

"Ah ha ha," he nervously laughs. "Acting... Merely an exhibit of my cunning. Judging by your tone, you bought my act, so suffice it to say I am a top rank thespian... I'm surely gonna have to take this act on the road."

Tequila Sunrise
2009-07-02, 09:31 PM
Finn is a little disappointed that he only has greenery to wipe from his blade, but his interest is quickly focussed on the pool. "I hope you're a good trap-springer, Arian."

Yjama
2009-07-02, 10:43 PM
"If you would cease your squabbling," Grimsk says loudly before answering Quaxo's question. "I believe I found the door out of this chamber. I found a door at any rate. Now, what of this coin?" As Grimsk asks this he walks to the very brink of the pool, staring into it. He doesn't seem to pay the goblins present any heed.

How big is the pool? Would we have to wade into it to get the coin, or just reach over and pick it up?

Jack_Simth
2009-07-03, 12:41 AM
The pool itself is about five feet in diameter, with the coin at the center. The pool sits in what appears to be a blue tile basin, with the tiles being approximately one inch on a side, and mortared together with a curiously blue mortar. The edge of the basin is rimmed with bronze.

Arian:
You find a swinging block trap warding the disk. Anyone moving it is liable to get a very large brick to back if they don't deal with the block trap first. It looks like it comes out of a segment of the ceiling, swinging down over the pool, and settling down such that it would block access to the pool.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-03, 07:51 AM
Arian

"Ah, see," he calls out as if it's obvious. "This place is loaded with ways to kill us. Meh, why should I expect less." He goes to work, trying to disarm the trap.

[roll0] Disable Device Check

Jack_Simth
2009-07-03, 10:08 AM
Arian:

You skillfully insert a small nearby twig into a particular section of flooring, carefully jamming the gears that handle the trigger mechanism for when the weight of the disk is altered.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-03, 10:51 AM
Arian

"That was a breeze." He smirks, and does nothing else.

ColdSepp
2009-07-03, 10:56 AM
Maneuvers:

Trask will grab a branch of the ground, if there is one (if not he'll use his sword) to see how deep the water is. If he can reach the bottom, he'll wade over to the coin and pick it up.

If the water is deep.

Trask turns to Grimsk. "You look like a swimmer."

Jack_Simth
2009-07-03, 12:14 PM
It turns out the basin is deceptively deep; a six foot branch goes into the water all the way up to your elbow ... but you do manage to knock the plate around slightly with that.

Yjama
2009-07-03, 12:21 PM
"Certainly, I am," Grimsk replies to Trask's query. He removes both gauntlets and cloak, laying them on the ground. He then proceeds to the edge of the water, takes a deep breath, and steps in.
If nothing happens, he will swim to the plate, take the coin and swim back to the shore.

Of course, the chances of nothing happening are... remarkably low. :smalltongue:

ColdSepp
2009-07-03, 12:23 PM
Maneuvers:

"I'm not going in after you in armor." He says, watching Grimsk go in. "Don't worry... it might be safe." He adds, mostly kidding, thinking that Arian has made sure it is.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-03, 12:59 PM
As Grimsk dives into the clear water, the ripples cause you to lose sight of him, as the pool takes on the image of the area just outside the tower.

Grimsk:Swim check? There's no particular threat, so you can take ten on this if you like.

Guru
2009-07-03, 04:32 PM
Quaxo

Quaxo sits back and watches the group skillfully go about getting the disk. "I'll go in with you." he said, taking of his bracers, gauntlets, and cloak. He slipped into the water, careful to follow Grimsk.

Swim Check: [roll0]
I can only hold my breath for 2 rounds... I didn't think that one out far enough I guess.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 09:33 AM
Arian

"Water... I guess there are few reasons to keep a lizard around." Arian scoffs in Auran.

Yjama
2009-07-04, 09:46 AM
As Quaxo steps into the water, Grimsk has already made his way to the plate in the middle, beneath the ripples. As soon as Quaxo emerges, he would be able to see Grimsk reaching out for the disk, grabbing hold of it...
But nothing happens. Grimsk simply takes the disk from the plate, swimming back up to the surface and holding it dramatically over his head. He then begins to swim back to the others.

Honestly, I was expecting further traps, but as Jack put it in the PM...

Yeah, feel free to type up a nice picture of you rising out of the water, disk in hand. :smalltongue:

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 10:18 AM
Maneuvers:

As soon as Grimsk breaks the surface, disturbing the image of the front entrance, Trask will lean over and offer him a hand. "Nice work. I suggest you let Tomek examine the disc, he seems to be rather good at discovering things."

Jack_Simth
2009-07-04, 12:03 PM
When Grimsk, dripping wet, brings the disk out of the water, the image on the ripples shifts from an image of the front of the building to an image of a fiery area, filled with moving flames and slowly melting rocks ... but the image lasts merely a moment; fading to the look of normal water just a second or two after the disk is removed.

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 12:05 PM
Maneuvers:

"We should be on our way; we are timed after all. Grimsk, where did you find that door?"

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 12:10 PM
Arian

"Peculiar," sighs Arian in Auran. "That's something you don't see everyday." He takes a look to see if he can tell what caused it.

[roll0] Search to try and determine what happened and possibly what triggered it, [roll1] Knowledge Arcana to identify what that was, [roll2] Knowledge The Planes, in case that was out of this plane, [roll3] Spellcraft, in case that was a spell that needs identifying.

Yjama
2009-07-04, 12:13 PM
"Yes, the door." He looks around for a moment, trying to remember which way it was. "This way, I believe." He heads off in the direction he indicated; after giving the disk to Tomek, of course.

I'm thinking he didn't notice the change since he just came out of the water and would have his back turned. Anyway, if he has to make any check to remember the direction it was, just roll them for me :smalltongue:

Jack_Simth
2009-07-04, 12:16 PM
Arian:

It's hard to say exactly; it seems that the disk itself is a trigger of some kind for the scrying effect of the pool - for that matter, it seems the disk is the source of the scrying effect on the pool. As it left, it triggered a follow-up scrying point, rather than it's normal scrying - it's definitely an image from this plane, although the area was very clearly modeled after the Plane of Fire.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 12:31 PM
Arian

"Alright, that iss just fine." He breathes. Then he turns north, right on the spot. Then in common, he speaks "Okay, I guess we should go then. Just keep an eye out for what the next room might hold. If you think this room was odd, I fear the next may be more perilous." He looks at Grimsk. "And you, lizard boy, should probably enjoy the cool waters while you can." He gives a grim smile at that, and lets whoever wants to lead the way.

Yjama
2009-07-04, 12:40 PM
Grimsk wrinkles his reptilian snout, before replying in a very exaggerated, motherly tone to Arian's comment. "Do be careful not to look around too much. There's a gruesomely decapitated goblin very near the door, and I fear you might faint again." He then snorts, continuing to lead towards the door. He does throw the pool of water a rather wistful glance, though.

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 12:41 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask will collect any extra crossbow bolts, as well as any gold or scrolls from the goblins, but otherwise leave them unmolested.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-04, 01:39 PM
After checking around, Trask finds that each goblin was identically equipped: One small masterwork heavy crossbow, ten bolts for said crossbow, a spell components pouch, and some clothing. The clothing, bolts, crossbows, and spell components pouches all have the Marcus Magnificient Merchant's logo on them, and they all appear to be of the same make. It would appear everything else was already confiscated when they were captured, and that these were issued to them when they were placed in here.

With the odd disk and what treasure you choose to take in-hand, you quickly head over to the door that Grimsk found and marked. It is a part of the masterwork painting surrounding the entire testing floor, now marked with blood. The markings point out a particular painted tree trunk and vine that mask a door, with a "painted" knothole that seems to be a circular depression, about the size of your palm.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 01:50 PM
Arian

Arian goes up to the door, rubbing one finger along the outside of the depressable circle, glancing all over the doorway for any traps.
[roll0] Search Check for traps, and [roll1] Disable Device If it is trapped.

Wckd
2009-07-04, 06:41 PM
"Great, at least we have one disk now, so let's get going! Every moment counts!" Latem then makes his way to the marked door, stopping 40 feet from it as he sees Arian is examining it.
"Where I come from doors are not meant to be studied, they are meant to be opened and closed. Studying each door we meet will seriously hamper our progress in this tower. Every moment counts!"

Jack_Simth
2009-07-04, 06:59 PM
Arian:You don't find any traps.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 07:08 PM
Arian

Arian walks back to Letam and says to him "Go ahead, walk on through. I see nothing wrong with that... Every moment counts." Then to Sralls, he starts chirping in Avian. They seem to be having a good conversation. He'll continue doing so, ignoring everything else until he enters the next room, when he'll shut up.

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 07:12 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask will open the door, and look inside, though he won't enter the room before Grimsk.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-04, 07:57 PM
As Trask attempts to open the door, black energies pour out of the hatch into his arm.

Trask:
Negative Energy Damage: [roll0] Will DC 11 Half

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 08:07 PM
Trask AC: 20 HP: 56/72 DP: 0/10
Maneuvers:

"Xsio, Arian, I thought you said this door was safe!?" Trask lets out the cry as the door blasts him, jerking his hand back. He glares at the avian, shaking his hand in pain.

I round down, right? I made the save, so only 4 damage?

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 08:39 PM
Arian

"Ah... Did I say that. I just wanted to see Letam suffer for his insolence." Arian chirps, hoping to cover his tail-feathers. "But... I guess I'm due for an apology... I've got a spell that makes me hard to hit... I shall allow you to use it."

Just say the word and my prepared displacement is yours. I had a bad feeling about that roll.

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 09:40 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask will let Arian fiddle with the door. "I'll take you up on that spell, when it's needed. And this time, you're opening it." He says, gesturing towards the door.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 09:44 PM

"Hm... That should do it." Arian opens the door, and even when he gets hit, he maintains a straight face, and squawks out "Every moment counts!"

Jack_Simth
2009-07-04, 09:51 PM
The black energies burn into Arian's hands, but he successfully pulls open the door.

Beyond, there's a small spiral staircase of wrought iron, which leads upwards to a twenty by twenty stone platform, with a steel door, and a steel bar, quite identical to the one you used to enter the building originally, except that this one glows faintly.

Reactive Listen checks?

Arian:
Take: [roll0] negative energy damage, Will save DC 11 Half

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 10:15 PM
Maneuvers:

"I hear flames ahead; it must be a large fire to be audible through the doors." Trask informs the others, looking upwards. "Arian, see if the stairs are trapped, would you?"

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 10:28 PM
Arian

"Self doubt... There's no room for that here. Be all that you can be. You will not fail... Again." Arian curses in Avian. "Okay, let me take a look at them then." [roll0] Search Check

Jack_Simth
2009-07-04, 10:51 PM
[roll0] Search Check
You do not find any traps.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-04, 11:18 PM
Arian

"Appears safe." He flies up the stairs, not touching the walls or stairs at all. "Are you guys coming?" He calls down as he's flying.

ColdSepp
2009-07-04, 11:36 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask will climb the stairs, following Arian. "I swear, if you missed a trap, I am going to demonstrate my chicken plucking skills on you." When he reaches the top he'll look at the door, but not touch it. "What spell is making it glow?" he asks, figured the wizard will be better at it then he will.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-05, 12:13 AM
Trask proceeds up the stairs, and reaches the top without incident.

Yjama
2009-07-05, 02:49 AM
"Let's get this door open, already!" Grimsk exclaims from the stairs, obviously annoyed at the slow pace they're making with Arian inspecting every single thing.
As soon as he makes it to the top, he strides to the door, placing a hand on the bar and, if nothing happens, looking back at the others impatiently.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-05, 07:34 AM
Nothing particularly important happens as Grimsk touches the door.

Grimsk:
The door is slightly chilly to the touch.

Wckd
2009-07-05, 07:38 AM
Latem joins Grimsk at the door, touching it awaiting that the others does the same so that it can be opened.

Guru
2009-07-05, 09:25 AM

Quaxo caught up with the group, but it took him a little longer then expected to put his armor back on. He notices the glowing of the door, and looks it over for a while.

Checks on the door
Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Spellcraft check: [roll1]
Knowledge Dungeoneering [roll2]

I think that pretty much covers the door checks.

Listen Check if it still matters: [roll3]

half eaten oreo
2009-07-05, 02:32 PM

The halfling hold his shield tightly ready for the worst. He then slowly aphes the door. "Let me take a look at this door."

Examining the door.
I'll roll in OOC since can't roll on an edit.

ColdSepp
2009-07-05, 03:14 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask stands out of the way, letting those with the right skills tinker at the door. This time, he isn't taking a shot of negative energy for any of them.

Guru
2009-07-05, 08:02 PM
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Endure Exposure, Endure Elements

Quaxo takes a moment to cast another spell, before nodding to Trask. "I'm ready when you are." A small head pops out of Quaxo's pouch pocket and gives the area a slight look around before returning.

Endure Elements for me

Jesse Drake
2009-07-06, 02:34 PM
Arian

"Fine, if none of you paid meatbags will do this, I'll open it!" Arian spits, in Auran, sounding like a tornado, loud enough for anyone to hear, not that most of them can. He opens the door and gets ready for whatever's ahead.

ColdSepp
2009-07-06, 02:45 PM
Maneuvers:

"If you have done your job, it will be perfectly safe." Trask says, grinning, but readying his sword. "Just be sure to get out of the way if something nasty comes through."

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 04:43 PM
This bolt slides much easier than the one on the main entrance; it's perfectly balanced, and remarkably smooth - it moves almost magically easily. When you open the door, however, it's like facing into a blast furnace. Heat fills the stairwell, threatening to burn you almost immediately. The room beyond appears to be completely on fire... except for the iron doors a short ways from you, the iron box sitting on a pedestal in the south-east corner of the room, and a large iron key hanging on a pedestal in the south-west corner of the room.

There's a note carved into the iron on the back side of the door you just opened; it reads "Preparation or endurance; whichever suits you. Note that only one or two people need to be able to take the long route; the rest can wait in the relative comfort of the stairwell for the others to open the door, followed by a short dash."

Mechanics

Fort save, DC 15 (for anyone not under the effects of Endure Elements) to avoid taking [roll0] damage (one time) from the hot air pouring into the stairwell. Any Fire Resistance you might have applies.

The actual room is covered in actual flames, so Endure Elements won't help you for that aspect when the time comes. Normal fire, 1d6 per round you're on or above the fiery floor. Room is 400 feet by 400 feet, with a ten-foot ceiling; 80 squares along each side, two squares high.

Map (warning: very large):

{table]|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|1 7|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33| 34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50 |51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|6 7|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82
01|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|D|D|w|E|E|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w
02|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
03|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
04|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
05|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
06|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
07|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
08|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
09|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
10|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
11|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
12|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
13|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
14|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
15|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
16|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
17|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
18|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
19|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
20|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
21|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
22|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
23|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
24|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
25|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
26|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
27|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
28|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
29|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
30|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
31|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
32|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
33|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
34|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
35|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
36|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
37|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
38|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
39|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
40|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
41|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||B|w
42|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
43|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
44|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
45|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
46|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
47|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
48|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
49|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
50|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
51|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
52|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
53|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
54|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
55|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
56|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
57|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
58|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
59|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
60|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
61|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
62|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
63|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
64|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
65|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
66|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
67|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
68|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
69|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
70|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
71|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
72|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
73|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
74|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
75|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
76|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
77|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
78|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
79|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
80|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
81|w|K|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||B|w
82|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w[/table]
E: Enterance (where you are, at the moment)
D: A very obvious door, presumably goes to the next level
K: Pedastal with Iron Key
B: Pedastal with Iron Box

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 05:02 PM
"I have Endurance!" Leigh pipes up, happily. "I'd be happy to go!"

The hot air burns him a bit. He didn't do as well as he thought against it.

Fort save: [roll0]

Yjama
2009-07-06, 05:13 PM
Grimsk staggers half a step backwards from the sudden blast of heat, but remains unscathed. He squints, peering into the flames, before catching sight of the text on the door. "The long way... This does seem straightforward enough." He stares into the flames for a while, licking his lips nervously. "I... should be able to make a quick run in there to grab one of those..." He doesn't seem very happy with the idea, however.
"But we are wasting time..." He seems to be about to say something else, or perhaps to run off into the room, but he appears to think better of it.

ColdSepp
2009-07-06, 05:14 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask looks out over the room, a worried expression on his face. "Three pedestals... and who knows what else lurking in there... and the heat..... I guess they really do test for everything."

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 05:51 PM
Leigh speaks up again, "I have a Resist Energy spell prepared and a form that gives me a pretty fast land speed. I can handle this."

Jesse Drake
2009-07-06, 06:49 PM
Arian AC: 16 HP: 48/54

Arian flies on in and swoops around, checking for traps, and anything else that might catch his eyes.

[roll0] Search [roll1] Spot [roll2] Fortitude Save. If I need anything else, let me know. Also, if there's bright enough light, Sralls will help me with my spot check.

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 06:58 PM
Leigh
AC: 23
HP:57/60
Spell effects: Resist energy (fire), Longstrider

Leigh casts a couple of spells on himself, then shifts into wolf form, taking a few cautionary steps forward.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 07:10 PM
The fire resistance spell holds up quite well, and Leigh walks around completely unharmed by the flames.

ColdSepp
2009-07-06, 07:15 PM
Maneuvers:

"Better go for it." Trask says. "Don't want to wast the energy protection." He keeps his sword ready just in case something shows up.

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 07:17 PM
Leigh immediately dashes for the key, his Lonstrider spell lending a hand.

Run action towards the key, 240 ft.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 07:23 PM
Everyone watches as Leigh runs full-out across the ground. Nothing seems to interfere.

Leigh:
The ground seems oddly soft under your feet; more like a forest floor with a very heavy coating of pine needles than the stone it resembles. It doesn't impede running any, though.

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 07:30 PM
Leigh continues running, a bit confused.

Run action, 240 more ft. Enough to reach the key pedestal?

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 07:38 PM
Nothing interferes with Leigh's run; the shifted Druid continues unmolested, reaching a point just twenty feet from the pedestal with the key, and arriving at the pedestal shortly thereafter.

Leigh:
With the D&D map-movement diagnol of double cost for every other diagnol square moved, every other step left (or right) while running costs a square of movement - so 400 feet south, 200 feet east costs 500 feet worth of movement; two rounds of running is 480. The extra 20 feet costs another move action, but nothing interferes, so....

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 07:42 PM
Leigh looks at the pedestal, deciding not to try and risk any traps. He shifts into his eagle form and flaps up and over the key, lifting it from the pedestal.

Swift action to shift, move action to fly up and over the pedestal, grabbing the key

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 07:54 PM
The key doesn't resist being lifted, and the pedestal just kinda sits there, bathed in the same flame that's not bothering Leigh at the moment, doing nothing.

Leigh:
The key is very hot to the touch, but your fire protection spell keeps your hands from burning.

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 08:05 PM
Well, talons, really, but whatever

Leigh flies as fast as he can towards the box. When he reaches it, he lands and shifts into his human form, looking at the box to see if it's locked.

2 round run action to move 400'. Swift action to shift into human form

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 08:18 PM
The box has a very obvious lock on it, the same size as the key Leigh holds in hand. The flames dance, accomplishing exactly nothing.

Woodsman
2009-07-06, 08:26 PM
Leigh sticks the key into the lock, twisting it to open the box.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-06, 08:36 PM
The lock clicks open without any trouble, and the lid comes up quite smoothly.

Leigh:

Inside, you find a green metal stick, approximately twelve inches long. The stick seems quite stylized, and looks remarkably like a snake that's holding a small, clear green stone in it's mouth, along with a small metal disk, about the size of your palm. The disk has a stylized numeral - "2" - on it, and some runes running around the edges.

Guru
2009-07-07, 12:39 PM
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Endure Exposure, Endure Elements

Quaxo grumbles a bit, "I had Resist Energy too...". He calls out to Leigh, "Do you need any help?"

Yjama
2009-07-07, 12:45 PM
Grimsk looks at Quaxo incredulously, throwing his arms into the air.
"Oh, you squabble like children! You actually wanted to go into the searing flames? Then by all means, go now! This is not a matter of showing off, it is a matter of maximum efficiency, speed, and getting these damn disks." The rant seems to have its effect on Grimsk himself, as he looks into the fire with a shiver. "In fact, I worry about the simple trip from here to the exit. These flames aren't particularly inviting."

ColdSepp
2009-07-07, 12:48 PM
Maneuvers:

Trask is quite content to wait for the scouts to return from dancing in the flames, but remains ready in case he is needed.

Guru
2009-07-07, 12:52 PM

Quaxo simply rolls his eyes at Grimsk's remark, "Please, this should be easy. Once we find the disk that is." Quaxo looks away from Grimsk and back into the room, getting a tad impatient, "What have you found so far??" He sighs and says to himself, "I could have had the disk in my had by now and out the door."

Wckd
2009-07-07, 12:55 PM
Fortitude save: [roll0]

Latem is glad he isn't the one in the flames.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-07, 01:20 PM
Arian AC: 16 HP: 14/54

Arian flies in and makes it as far as he can, sweating and panting, this is certainly not a fun place to be. Afterwards, he makes it to the group, panting, and points to the floor. "It appears to be some sort of wick like material. I'm not sure how or what, or even why, but the room seems to be made for cooking... well, us. Marcus sure knows how to give a placement test."

Woodsman
2009-07-07, 05:54 PM
Leigh grabs the disk, then heads back to the door, shifting into his wolf form to give him another boost in speed. He ran to the door and shifted back into his human form, seeing if the door was locked as well.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-07, 07:23 PM
Leigh finds that the exit door is indeed locked, but that there's a circular depression about the size of his palm, with an "N" carved into the center, but the "N" seems to be curved on one side.

Woodsman
2009-07-08, 12:51 PM
Leigh runs back to the other pedestal, unlocking it if it is.

ColdSepp
2009-07-08, 01:11 PM
Maneuvers:

When Arian returns, Trask reaches out a hand to heal him.

Speak with Dead converted, heal [roll0]

Jesse Drake
2009-07-08, 01:37 PM
Arian AC: 16 HP: 33/54

"Oh that feels amazing." He thinks in Avian. "Well, thank you for the help... But I'm quite capable of making this entire little 'expedition' on with naught but my own means, thank you." He adds, not to sound weak.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-08, 04:24 PM
Leigh unlocks and opens the box on the other pedestal without any difficulty.

Leigh:
Inside, you see what appears to be a pair of worn brown leather boots, with white fur on the inside of the boots.

ColdSepp
2009-07-09, 10:07 AM
Maneuvers:

Trask peers into the hot room, waves of heat making it slightly hard to see, and grips his sword tighter.

ColdSepp
2009-07-10, 10:01 PM
Spells : Extended Shield Other Quaxo; Status Grimsk; Protection from Energy (Fire) on Arian
Maneuvers:

Trask sighs. "He might need your help, birdbrain. Try to get the trap this time, instead of getting him zapped like I was." He pokes a wing, channeling the blessing of Kord.

Casting PoE Fire on Arian

Jesse Drake
2009-07-10, 10:12 PM

"That's great... Thank whats his name for me, will ya?" He says with a grin, obviously referring to Kord.

[roll0] search for the '2 mark' that I can fit the 'key' into.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-11, 12:06 AM
Arian finds that the sideways 2 is quite obvious to his trained eye, and he also sees the matching 2 on the disk in Leigh's hand.

Arian:
There's a small hole, that appears to have a mechanism linked to the turning of the handle on the door, which seems to be disabled by a series of pressure points buried in the depression - most likely a Poisoned Arrow trap, designed for anyone trying to open the door without first inserting the matching disk. Picking the lock is a bad idea unless you first disable the trap, but the disk *should* take care of both, as it seems to be the intended bypass mechanism.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-11, 09:53 AM
Arian

"Okay, let me give this a whir." He stares intensely at the trap and tries to disable it. [roll0] Disable Device, then inserting the key.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-11, 10:54 AM
Arian opens the door without any difficulties; beyond, there's yet another staircase, going up....

Arian:
The trap is easily enough disabled, and the door opens without resistance when you turn the disk in the lock.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-11, 11:02 AM

Arian

Arian bows and signals for his allies to come on in.

ColdSepp
2009-07-11, 11:24 AM
Spells : Extended Shield Other Quaxo; Status Grimsk; Protection from Energy (Fire) on Arian
Maneuvers:

Trask runs to the door, trying to stay in the fire the as little as possible.

Yjama
2009-07-11, 11:31 AM
With a shudder and a deep breath, Grimsk runs to the door at an almost frantic rate, running up the staircase to get as far away from the fire as possible.

Wckd
2009-07-11, 01:42 PM
Latem follows the others spending as little time possible in the inferno.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-11, 04:48 PM
The burning heat of the previous room doesn't seem to penetrate the next set of stairs at all; it's remarkably cool and comfortable. The stairs lead up about the same height, to a barred door to the next room. Again, the door is a solid slab of steel, hindged on it's side. Again, the bar is a very large steel beam, greased and in a very smooth guide, so as to make it easier to move. This door, however, seems to have gotten a bit less maintenance than the ones before; it would appear people don't make it this far very often.

Strength Check, DC 22, to move the bar to open the door, due to it not getting as much use.

ColdSepp
2009-07-11, 04:53 PM
Trask AC: 20 HP: 54/72 DP: 0/10
Maneuvers:

Trask eyes the door, waiting for Arian to check it over. "Do your thing, birdy." He says, trying to get the soot of his armor.

Once Arian has checked the door for traps, he'll try and move it.

Strength [roll0]

Jesse Drake
2009-07-11, 04:57 PM
Arian

Arian goes forth and checks for traps and if there are any present, he'll move to disarm them.

Search and then Disable Device Checks[roll0] [roll1]

Yjama
2009-07-11, 04:57 PM
Still a bit rattled after all the flames, Grimsk looks about rather dazedly. However, after Arian checks the door for traps, and Trask seems unable to lift the bar on his own, Grimsk moves over to help him.
"Let's get this thing open...

Not sure how that would work. Aid another obviously wouldn't let the roll make it, so I think I'm best set just making another strength check.

[roll0]

Jack_Simth
2009-07-11, 05:03 PM
Trask and Grimsk attempt to manuever the bar, but it doesn't seem to want to budge for either of them easily. Trask frowns on it, and gets to work in earnest - after about two minutes of concentrated effort, with much grunting and groaning, the slightly-rusty bar slides out of place, into it's holders, revealing a large, pitch-black area. The light sources you brought with you extend a little ways into the area, but not very far, and there is clearly no light source inside the room itself. There's two stone walls that continue ten feet in, but then everything opens up.

Arian:
You don't find any traps.

Darkvision or low-light vision:
The place is dressed up to look much like a tomb; there's grave markers everywhere, but they're all down low on the ground, so that the don't really interfere with movement... for those who can see them, anyway. The room seems mostly empty, and extends farther than you can see.

ColdSepp
2009-07-11, 06:50 PM
Spells : Extended Shield Other Quaxo; Status Grimsk; Protection from Energy (Fire) on Arian; Light on armor
Maneuvers:

Trask sighs at the darkened room, then casts Light onto his armor and draws his sword. "Shall we proceed? Arian, keep an eye out for traps."

Moving along behind Arian, so he can check for traps.

Guru
2009-07-11, 08:49 PM
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Endure Exposure, Endure Elements, Darkvision

Quaxo takes a moment to cast Darkvision, allowing him to see what the room looks like. Quaxo kept his place next to Trask as they moved along though the room.

Woodsman
2009-07-11, 08:54 PM
Leigh took the boots and headed back to the door, seeing the others had opened it.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-11, 09:11 PM
As Quaxo steps into the room on the third floor, he discovers something is very, very wrong: the magic cuts off, and he's suddenly left in the dark....

ColdSepp
2009-07-11, 10:38 PM
Spells : Extended Shield Other Quaxo; Status Grimsk; Protection from Energy (Fire) on Arian; Light on armor
Maneuvers:

Trask is keeping pace with Quaxo, sword at the ready.

I assume his light spell is suppressed as well..

When his light winks out, he stops, then calls back. "I think we are going to need another form of illumination."

Jesse Drake
2009-07-12, 12:05 AM
Arian

"Candles? Who carries those." He says, withdrawing a small tea light from his satchel. "This is the best I have, and it will not be of any use."

[roll0] Continuous search check as we walk the room, assuming some light is shed on our situation.

Yjama
2009-07-12, 03:48 AM
Complete darkness... certainly troubling." He moves with the others into the room, staggering in the darkness for a while before he speaks. "This simply won't do! We need to make certain nobody falls to a screaming death through some disguised trap! Everyone place a hand on the next person; we need to keep track of each other. And if anyone is capable of seeing anything at all, take the lead."
After saying this he makes his way towards the nearest person, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Guru
2009-07-12, 10:02 AM
Spells: Supressed

Quaxo places a hand on whoever is the closest person. Roxy crawls out of a pocket and onto Quaxo's shoulder, being vigilant as they moved.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-12, 10:56 AM
Arian

Arian follow suit... To his displeasure. He also starts to pull off the front of his shoes, revealing his talons.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-12, 01:36 PM
As you get into the room proper, past the two outcroppings of wall shielding you from view, all magic fails, and you hear the rattle of bones as a bunch of bones rattle in a mockery of life.

Mechanics:

Antimagic Field, covering the entire floor. Spells, Supernatural Abilities, Spell-like abilities, and magic items all cease to function.

Roll for initiative.
Skeletons: [roll0]

Darkvision:
Ten skeletons, each ten feet tall. Knoweledge(Nature) to recognize the base creature; Knowledge(Religion) to recognize that they are, indeed, skeletons the creature, rather than something else.

Map (warning: BIG):

{table]|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|1 7|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33| 34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50 |51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|6 7|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82
01|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w
02|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
03|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
04|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
05|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
06|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
07|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
08|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
09|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
10|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
11|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
12|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
13|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
14|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
15|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
16|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
17|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
18|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
19|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
20|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
21|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
22|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
23|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
24|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
25|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
26|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
27|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
28|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
29|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
30|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
31|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
32|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
33|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
34|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
35|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
36|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
37|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
38|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
39|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
40|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
41|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
42|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
43|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
44|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
45|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
46|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
47|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
48|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
49|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
50|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
51|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
52|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
53|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
54|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
55|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
56|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
57|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
58|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
59|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
60|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
61|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
62|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
63|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
64|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
65|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
66|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
67|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
68|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
69|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
70|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
71|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
72|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
73|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
74|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
75|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
76|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
77|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
78|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
79|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|p|p|w |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
80|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S4|S4|S3|S3 |S2|S2|S1|S1|w|p|p|w|S6|S6|S7|S7|S8|S8|S9|S9|S0|S0 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
81|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S4|S4|S3|S3 |S2|S2|S1|S1|w|p|p|w|S6|S6|S7|S7|S8|S8|S9|S9|S0|S0 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
82|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|D|D|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w
[/table]
w: Wall
S#: Square occupied by skeleton number # (each is Large, so there are four squares of each)
p: A party starting position.
D: Door (as the door is open, party members can start here

Guru
2009-07-12, 02:03 PM
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Endure Exposure, Endure Elements, Darkvision

Roxy makes a few clicks and Quaxo pulls his sword and a sunrod. It glows, revealing 10 beasts that were about 10 fee tall. Quaxo stands next to Trask, ready to fight.

ColdSepp
2009-07-12, 03:16 PM
Trask AC: 19HP: 54/72 DP: 0/10
Spells : Surpressed
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Foehammer

Trask lets out a soft curse as his spells go down and the sunrod illuminates their foes. "Hold in this hallway... meleers to the front."

Woodsman
2009-07-12, 04:20 PM
Leigh pushes to the front, feeling his spell blink out. He swore under his breath; he wouldn't be able to shapeshift. He drew his swords, ready to duel.

Wckd
2009-07-12, 05:20 PM
Latem having being blessed with darkvision from birth are able to see the bony opponents, even in darkness! He calls out to the others: "I see five large bone creatures on each side of the door lined up in a row!"

Initiative: [roll0]
Knowledge (Nature): [roll1]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll2]

Edit: Messed up with the color, picked dark orange instead of the dark green! :/

Jack_Simth
2009-07-13, 04:59 PM
As the bony creatures begin their assault, Leigh reacts before anyone or anything else, getting his choice of attacks in before...

The bony creatures hustle into the light, with those that can reach turning their fleshless claws on those in easy reach...

Mechanics:

Turn Order: Leigh, Monsters, Trask, Quaxo, Latem, Arian, Grimsk, (Finn), (Tomek)

S1: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (41, 79): Claw [roll0] for [roll1]
S6: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (42, 79): Claw [roll2] for [roll3]

Map (warning: BIG):

01|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w
41|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
75|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S3|S3|S2| S2|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
76|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S3|S3|S2| S2|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
77|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S1| S1|S6|S6|S9|S9|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
78|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S1| S1|S6|S6|S9|S9|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
79|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|w|p |p|w|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
80|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|w|p |p|w|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
81|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|p|p|w |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
82|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|D|D|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w
[/table]
w: Wall
S#: Square occupied by skeleton number # (each is Large, so there are four squares of each)
p: A party starting position.
D: Door (as the door is open, party members can start here

ColdSepp
2009-07-13, 05:46 PM
Trask AC: 19HP: 54/72 DP: 0/10
Spells : Surpressed
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Foehammer

"Damnable undead... and me without a club..." Trask mutters, dodging the skeletons swings. "Quaxo, hit them again, I don't think it felt that."

Delay till after Quaxo
Swift Action: White Raven Tactics on Quaxo.
Standard Action: Revitalizing Strike on S1
Attack: [roll0] BAB 6, STR 3, Masterwork 1
Healing: [roll2] Includes Stance

Guru
2009-07-13, 07:59 PM

The claw barely misses Quaxo as he takes a swing back at the skeleton.

To Hit: [roll0]

My Stance takes effect also, raising my AC 2 per miss.

Due to white raven tactics, my second strike on the same beast

To Hit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Woodsman
2009-07-15, 05:31 PM
Leigh pushes his way up, recognizing the skeletons. "They're trolls!" he calls out to the rest, unsure of his swords could do much.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-15, 05:47 PM
Arian Rought

Arian flies towards the back of the room, grabbing one of the sunrods if an ally will loan it to him. He'll stay to the top of the room, and make a search for the door. [roll0] Search Check

Wckd
2009-07-16, 05:08 AM
Latem Rewop

I take it that it is player knowledge instead of character knowledge that the area supress supernatural abilities? If that is the case then:

Latem will try to use turn undead.

If it is known to the characters that the area negates supernatural abilities then:

Latem grabs a flask of holy water from his backpack. "Holy water is never a bad thing!"

Jack_Simth
2009-07-16, 06:56 AM
Quaxo hits the beast, doing only a small amount of damage to the mobile bone pile, as the greatsword's edge doesn't work quite so well against solid bone.

Trask lands an blow on one of the beasts... scratching it up a bit, and showing that it can, indeed, be hurt... but not doing much other than inspiring his fellows, as the greatsword's edge doesn't work quite so well against solid bone.

Inspired by the blow and the words of encouragement, Quaxo hits again, but still only manages a small amount of damage to the mound of mobile calcium.

Latem presents a holy symbol strongly... and the expected divine energies fail to materialize, and nothing happens.

Arian recklessly flies past the blockade of monsters... and due to the comparatively low ceiling, can't get out of their reach. Four of the beasts take swings at the bird, and enough connect that he tumbles to the ground, unconscious.

Leigh shouts out a warning, but otherwise hesitates, doing nothing, due to indecision in the lack of magic.

Grimsk, Finn, and Tomek seem paralyzed in indecision, and don't accomplish anything of note.

The trollish skeletons mindlessly attack, turning their fleshless claws on those in easy reach...

Mechanics:

Turn Order: Quaxo, Trask, Quaxo, Latem, Arian, Grimsk, (Finn), (Tomek)
(Tomek)

S1: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (41, 79):
Claw: [roll0] for [roll1]
Claw: [roll2] for [roll3]
Bite: [roll4] for [roll5]

S6: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (42, 79):
Claw: [roll6] for [roll7]
Claw: [roll8] for [roll9]
Bite: [roll10] for [roll11]

AoO's from S1, S2, S6, and S7 on Arian:
Claw: [roll12] for [roll13]
Claw: [roll14] for [roll15]
Claw: [roll16] for [roll17]
Claw: [roll18] for [roll19]

Oh, and Arian - can I get coordinates for where you end your turn? A couple of the skeletons will attempt to follow you, as you are an accessible target, while those on the other side of the "blockade" are not.

Skeletons:
AC 14, touch 12, 39 HP, DR 5/Bludgeoning
S1 has taken 10 damage (after DR).

Map hasn't changed, but will once Arian posts his location.

ColdSepp
2009-07-16, 09:23 AM
Trask AC: 19HP: 70/72 DP: 10/10
Spells : Suppressed
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Foehammer, Crusaders Strike

Trask cries out, "Kord take you, beast!" as the creature hits him, the blow only making him hit harder.

6 BAB + 3 STR +1 Masterwork + 2 Steely Resolve -2 Power Attack
Attack S1 with Foehammer: [roll0]
This attack ignores DR and hardness.
Healing: +2 from stance if I hit.

Guru
2009-07-16, 10:59 AM
I'm closest to S6, right?

Quaxo AC: 21 HP: 71/78

Quaxo laughs as two of the beasts miss, one with a claw, one with a bite. Suddenly a claw lands a blow on him as he moves back one position, gesturing for Grimsk to move up.

Yjama
2009-07-17, 02:33 AM
So, due to my forgetfulness, I'm gonna' assume that I didn't have a readied action, so instead I'm going to assume that people are smart enough to maneuver out of the way and let me charge. Although, they have a 10 ft' reach, so that would give them both an attack of opportunity... or at least one of them, but I don't see any way I could avoid that, anyway.

Rushing to the spot Quaxo had just vacated, Grimsk leaped into a flying kick, shouting rather unsavory battle-cries.

Attack: [roll0]
Flying Kick [roll2]
That seems to be in order. Let me know if I forgot something.

Jack_Simth
2009-07-17, 05:14 PM
Trask lands a massive blow on one of the beasts, almost cutting it in half... but it barely holds together, continuing to press it's attack.

Injured, Quaxo withdrawals, provoking attacks from the two skeletons standing at the door as his concentration lapses for just a moment too long.

Grimsk steps up into the breach, hitting a skeleton mightily and smashing it to pieces.

Arian lies in a heap of his own, ruined flesh, slowly bleeding out.

Latem, Leigh, Finn, and Tomek seem paralyzed in indecision, and don't accomplish anything of note.

The trollish skeletons mindlessly attack, one moving in to fill the space vacated by the fallen skeleton, turning their fleshless claws on those in easy reach, those not able to attack the still-active members looking at the bleeding heap on the ground with what appears to be a loving smile....

Mechanics:

Turn Order: Trask, Quaxo, Latem, Arian, Grimsk, (Finn), (Tomek)
(Tomek)

S3: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (41, 79):

S6: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (42, 79):
Claw: [roll4] for [roll5]
Bite: [roll6] for [roll7]

AoO's from S1 (final attack - was still "alive" at that point), S6 on Quaxo:
Claw: [roll8] for [roll9]
Claw: [roll10] for [roll11]

Skeletons:
S1 has taken > 39 damage (after DR), and is now dead.

Map (warning: Large):
{table]|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36| 37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53 |54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|7 0|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82
1|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w
2|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
3|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
4|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
5|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
6|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
7|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
8|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
9|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
74|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Ar|||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
75|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S3| S3|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
76|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S3| S3|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
77|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S2| S2|S6|S6|S9|S9|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
78|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S2| S2|S6|S6|S9|S9|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w
79|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|Tr|Gr |w|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
80|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|??|?? |w|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
81|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|Qu|?? |w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w
[/table]

ColdSepp
2009-07-17, 09:49 PM
Trask AC: 19HP: 72/72 DP: 10/10
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Foehammer, Crusaders Strike, Mountain Hammer

Trask swings at the one Quaxo already hit, hoping to take it down... time is against them, as Arian has decided to make his 'dying' ruse a reality.

Mechanics the same, except 1 more off for Power Attack
Attacking S6, the one Quaxo already hit; with Mountain Hammer (ignores DR/hardness)
Healing : 2 from stance if I hit

Yjama
2009-07-18, 02:55 AM
Staggering from the Skeleton's furious attack, Grimsk swiftly regains his posture and retaliates, striking at the creature in a furious flurry of attacks.

As the fluff-text says, using Flurry of Blows, on my own turn, of course.
Unarmed strike 1: [roll0]
Unarmed strike 2: [roll1]
Claw 1: [roll2]
Claw 2: [roll3]
Bite: [roll4]

US1 Damage (Overcomes DR): [roll5]
US2 Damage (Overcomes DR): [roll6]
Claw 1 Damage (Does not overcome DR): [roll7]
Claw 2 Damage (Does not overcome DR): [roll8]
Bite damage (Overcomes DR): [roll9]

Do let me know if I made some mistake. Those tend to happen.

Guru
2009-07-18, 12:46 PM

Quaxo jumps a little and dodges the first lunge from a skeletons claw, but is hit by the second one as he retreats.

Wckd
2009-07-18, 03:54 PM
Latem is choked that his turn attempt didn't have any effect. It takes a few moments for him to gather his thoughts and then realizes that he carries flasks of holy water. He then grabs one of the two flasks of holy water from his backpack.

If it is possible to throw it in the same turn he throws it at the skeleton closest to quaxo. If not then his next turn is used on such a ranged attack.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
(Possible damage(Undeads and Evil Outsiders only) roll : [roll1])
(Possible splash damage: 1dmg to any undead or evil outsiders within 5ft.)

Jack_Simth
2009-07-19, 12:28 PM
Trask swings mightily, hitting with the force of mountains, carving into a leg *almost* enough to cut the thing off.

Quaxo stays well out of reach of the mindlessly attacking opponents.

Latem lobs a little vial of liquid, but his throw is languid enough that his target lazily weaves out of the way ... but the vial breaks and shatters on the ground, and the small amount that splashes on the two skeletons does make a few minor burns.

Arian slowly bleeds out in a heap on the ground....

Grimsk moves at a blinding pace, hitting the beast twice and biting once... shattering one to pieces and starting in on the next.

Finn and Tomek look at each other, terror in their eyes, as they start to back down the stairwell.

The skeletons crowd in, towards their certain demise, and continue to mindlessly press their assault....

Mechanics:

Turn Order: Trask, Quaxo, Latem, Arian, Grimsk, (Finn), (Tomek)

S9: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (42, 79):

S2: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (41, 79):

Skeletons:
S1 has taken > 39 damage, and is now dead.
S6 has taken > 39 damage, and is now dead.
S2 has taken 6 damage.

Map (warning: Large)

{table]|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|1 7|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33| 34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50 |51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|6 7|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|
1|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|1
2|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|2
3|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|3
4|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|4
5|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|5
6|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|6
7|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|7
8|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|8
9|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|9
10|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|10
11|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|11
12|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|12
13|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|13
14|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|14
15|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|15
16|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|16
17|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|17
18|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|18
19|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|19
20|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|20
21|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|21
22|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|22
23|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|23
24|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|24
25|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|25
26|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|26
27|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|27
28|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|28
29|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|29
30|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|30
31|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|31
32|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|32
33|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|33
34|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|34
35|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|35
36|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|36
37|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|37
38|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|38
39|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|39
40|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|40
41|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|41
42|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|42
43|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|43
44|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|44
45|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|45
46|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|46
47|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|47
48|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|48
49|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|49
50|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|50
51|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|51
52|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|52
53|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|53
54|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|54
55|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|55
56|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|56
57|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|57
58|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|58
59|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|59
60|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|60
61|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|61
62|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|62
63|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|63
64|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|64
65|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|65
66|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|66
67|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|67
68|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|68
69|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|69
70|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|70
71|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|71
72|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|72
73|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|73
74|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Ar|||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|74
75|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S3| S3|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|75
76|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S3| S3|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|76
77|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S2| S2|S9|S9|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|77
78|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S2| S2|S9|S9|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|78
79|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|Tr|Gr |w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|79
80|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|??|?? |w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|80
81|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|Qu|?? |w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|81
82|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|D|D|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|82
|01|02|03|04|05|06|07|08|09|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|1 7|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33| 34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50 |51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|6 7|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|[/table]

ColdSepp
2009-07-19, 03:36 PM
Trask AC: 19HP: 64/72 DP: 7/10
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Mountain Hammer

Trask waits, watching Grimsk strike the undead creature.... then commands him to continue with his beating. "Crush it!"

Delay until after Grimsk.
Swift Action: White Raven Tactics on Grimsk
Standard Action: Mountain Hammer on Undead (S2, or any one close enough)
BAB 6, STR 3, MW 1, SRe 1 PA -2 = 9
Attack: [roll0] Ignores DR
Healing: 2, if I hit.

Yjama
2009-07-20, 02:52 AM
Hacking at the beasts with speed surprising even himself, Grimsk squeezes in twice the effort, as Trask commanded, and with twice the results. Letting out a roar he fights savagely, bashing away with full-blown fury.

Doing a flurry, target is S9.
Attack rolls; first round.
Fist1: [roll0]
Fist2: [roll1]
Claw1: [roll2]
Claw2: [roll]1d20+7[/roll Fixed in OOC thread
Bite: [roll3]

Damage rolls, first round.
Fist1: [roll4]
Fist2: [roll5]
Claw1: [roll6]
Claw2: [roll7]
Bite: [roll8]

Doing a flurry, target is nearest skeleton, or S9 if still alive.
Attack rolls; second round.
Fist1: [roll9]
Fist2: [roll10]
Claw1: [roll11]
Claw2: [roll]1d20+7[/roll Fixed in OOC thread
Bite: [roll12]

Damage rolls, second round.
Fist1: [roll13]
Fist2: [roll14]
Claw1: [roll15]
Claw2: [roll16]
Bite: [roll17]

Guru
2009-07-20, 06:45 AM
Spells: Suppressed

Quaxo scowls at the beasts.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Jack_Simth
2009-07-20, 06:09 PM
Quaxo Scowls, fit to make a dog flee in terror, but the skeletons just continue to press in as their fellows get shattered to pieces.

Latem hesitates, glaring at the now-useless puddle on the floor.

Arian lies in a pool of his own life's blood.

Grimsk flails away at the skeletons, hitting with fist and claw, but not quite catching anything in his jaws, dealing very significant injury.

Trask deals a mighty blow to one of the beasts, nearly cleaving it in twain, as he encourages Grimsk to fight on... and to good effect, as Grimsk's next set of swing shatters what's left of the half-cloven skeleton, toppling it to the ground ... but the other manages to keep active, if only just, as a claw bounces off it's leg and Grimsk's teeth close on empty air.

The skeletons mindlessly press the assault, moving in to attack with no regards to their own safety or the shattered remains of their fallen companions.

Mechanics

Turn Order: Trask, Quaxo, Latem, Arian, Grimsk, Trask, Grimsk (Finn), (Tomek)

S0: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (42, 79):

S2: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (41, 79):

S2 has taken 35 damage
S9 has taken >39 damage

Third round of Arian bleeding; let's roll stabilization checks to this point; 91-100 is a stabilization:
Stabilize at -1? [roll8]
Stabilize at -2? [roll9]
Stabilize at -3? [roll10]

Map: (Warning: Large)
{table]|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36| 37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53 |54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|7 0|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|
1|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w| w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|1
2|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|2
3|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|3
4|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|4
5|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|5
6|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|6
7|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|7
8|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|8
9|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|9
10|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|10
11|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|11
12|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|12
13|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|13
14|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|14
15|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|15
16|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|16
17|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|17
18|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|18
19|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|19
20|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|20
21|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|21
22|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|22
23|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|23
24|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|24
25|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|25
26|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|26
27|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|27
28|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|28
29|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|29
30|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|30
31|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|31
32|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|32
33|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|33
34|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|34
35|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|35
36|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|36
37|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|37
38|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|38
39|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|39
40|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|40
41|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|41
42|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|42
43|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|43
44|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|44
45|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|45
46|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|46
47|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|47
48|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|48
49|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|49
50|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|50
51|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|51
52|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|52
53|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|53
54|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|54
55|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|55
56|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|56
57|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|57
58|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|58
59|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|59
60|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|60
61|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|61
62|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|62
63|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|63
64|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|64
65|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|65
66|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|66
67|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|67
68|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|68
69|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|69
70|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|70
71|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|71
72|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|72
73|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|73
74|w||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||Ar|||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|74
75|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S3| S3|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|75
76|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S3| S3|S7|S7|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|76
77|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S2| S2|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|7 7
78|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S5|S5|S2| S2|S0|S0|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|7 8
79|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|Tr|Gr |w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|79
80|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|??|?? |w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|80
81|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|Qu|?? |w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|81
82|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|D|D|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w |w|w|w|w|w|w|w|w|82
|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36| 37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53 |54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|7 0|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|[/table]

ColdSepp
2009-07-20, 10:10 PM
Trask AC: 19HP: 59/72 DP: 10/10
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Mountain Hammer, Crusaders Strike

Trask staggers under the claws of the creature, and decides he is in need of healing... thankfully, Kord grants his followers such abilities that allow him to fight and heal simultaneously.

Attacking S2... hopefully I can drop it, even with it's DR.
Revitalizing Strike: [roll0]
Healing: [roll2] Includes Stance

Yjama
2009-07-21, 01:53 AM
Grimsk AC: 19 HP: 52/84

"We need to get to bird-boy!" he shouts, dodging beneath the newest skeleton's claw. He strikes back with a kick and a punch, battering at the creature.

Attack rolls:
Claw2: [roll3]

Damage rolls:
Fist1: [roll5]
Fist2: [roll6]
Claw1: [roll7]
Claw2: [roll8]
Bite: [roll9]

Don't think I'm forgetting anything. Also, yay for joining the status-at-the-top trend!

Jack_Simth
2009-07-22, 08:02 PM
Arian slowly bleeds out...

Trask smashes into one of the skeletons, taking it's legs out from under it and bringing it crashing down in a heap of bone splinters, causing some healing in the doing with his amazingly inspiring display of martial prowess.

Grimsk batters at one of the beasts, battering it heavily with his fists, missing as it dodges one of his claws and as the other bounces off it's bony body, while his teeth land true.

A skeleton moves in to take the place of it's fallen fellow, and they continue to mindlessly attack. as the rest of the party looks on uselessly.

The lights flicker back on as the traps that maintain the antimagic field run out of the current cycle, and shut down for to refresh themselves.

Turn Order: Quaxo, Latem, Arian, Trask, Grimsk (Finn), (Tomek)

Round 4 of Arian bleeding. Stabilize at -4?: [roll0]

Skeletons attack:
S5: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (41, 79):
Claw: [roll1] for [roll2]

S0: Targeting whoever happens to be standing closest (42, 79):
Claw: [roll3] for [roll4]
Claw: [roll5] for [roll6]
Bite: [roll7] for [roll8]

S2 has taken > 39 damage, and is now dead.
S9 has taken > 39 damage and is now dead.
S0 has taken 22 damage

Magic back up (for an unknown number of rounds) after the skeleton's actions. Yikes this combat is getting long and boring. Maybe magic will speed it up; it's fairly clear how it'll end...

Map (you know by now):

{table]|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36| 37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53 |54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|7 0|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|
75|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S3|S3|S 7|S7|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|75
76|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S3|S3|S 7|S7|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||w|76
77|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S5| S5|S0|S0|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|77
78|w|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||S4|S4|S5| S5|S0|S0|S8|S8|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |w|78
|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|2 0|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36| 37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53 |54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|7 0|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|[/table]

ColdSepp
2009-07-23, 10:33 PM
Trask AC: 20HP: 72/72 DP: 5/10
Maneuvers: White Raven Tactics, Revitalizing Strike, Mountain Hammer, Crusaders Strike, Foehammer

As the magic flickers and returns, Trask grins. They have a chance, now.

Attack S5, or taking a move action to attack the nearest if need be. Using FoeHammer, hopefully I can drop him so that Leigh can get by. If not, I'll 5-foot step back.

Damage: [roll1] Ignores DR
Healing : 2

Guru
2009-07-24, 09:32 AM
Quaxo AC: 24 HP: 78/78
Spells: Mage Armor, Greater Magic Weapon, Extend Shield Other, Endure Exposure, Darkvision

Quaxo launches a magic missile at one of the skeletons in front of Trask.

Damage: [roll0]

Yjama
2009-07-24, 09:44 AM
Grimsk launches into another flurry, as he feels the magical properties of his gauntlets returning, granting him further strength.

Attacks:
Claw2: [roll3]

Damage:
Fist1: [roll5]
Fist2: [roll6]
Claw1: [roll7]
Claw2: [roll8]
Bite: [roll9]