PDA

View Full Version : Necromancy Questions

Olo Demonsbane
2009-06-25, 01:35 AM
1. Can I use Chain Spell and Smiting Spell together to imbue multiple weapons with the same spell?

2. Does a Slaymate stack with Metamagic School Focus?

3. If I summon an undead that can create spawn, through Summon Undead or the Master of Shrouds ability for example, do the spawn stick around afterwards?

4. If you have the Corpsecrafter feat, and you make yourself into a Lich, do you gain the benifets of the feat?

Emy
2009-06-25, 02:58 AM
1. Can I use Chain Spell and Smiting Spell together to imbue multiple weapons with the same spell?

2. Does a Slaymate stack with Metamagic School Focus?

3. If I summon an undead that can create spawn, through Summon Undead or the Master of Shrouds ability for example, do the spawn stick around afterwards?

4. If you have the Corpsecrafter feat, and you make yourself into a Lich, do you gain the benifets of the feat?

1) Smiting Spell works on touch spells only. Chain spell doesn't work on touch spells.

2) Yes.

3) I believe so.

4) Only if you created yourself by casting necromancy spells. I'm not sure where it details the lich transformation process. (also, do it in a desecrated area with an altar to [applicable deity])

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-06-25, 08:23 AM

Yes; only ongoing effects (i.e. ones with a duration) go away when they leave, and creating spawn is instantaneous.

Nope. The lich transformation involves crafting a phylactery and drinking a magical poison, so undead creation spells are not involved and thus Corpsecrafter et al. don't apply.