PDA

View Full Version : It's 2:00 AM.... And everything is hilarious.

Terumitsu
2009-06-25, 01:58 AM
Perhaps many of you have experienced the feeling of one's sense of humor going nuts at everything. Usually it's when you should be sleeping but you are staying up anyway.

This thread is dedicated to snippits of text, videos, and sites you find tickle you tremendously when it is hideously late at night..

And here is something to start us all off (Warning, some course language):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZNza6-XDtc&feature=PlayList&p=6EC7B047181AD013&index=0

This is the batch of silly known as DBZ Abriged. It's normally pretty funny anyway but it's especially good at this time of night. And the full series can be found in sequence there too..

Anyway, Have at it, Night Owls!

dish
2009-06-25, 02:21 AM
It's not particularly hilarious, nor is it 2am in my time-zone, but I cannot see your user name without thinking about tiramisu.

arguskos
2009-06-25, 02:22 AM
It's not particularly hilarious, nor is it 2am in my time-zone, but I cannot see your user name without thinking about tiramisu.
Dammit, now I can't either. At least tiramisu is delicious. :smallcool:

Gorgondantess
2009-06-25, 02:24 AM
Dammit, now I can't either. At least tiramisu is delicious. :smallcool:

Especially at 2 a.m.:smallwink:

Coidzor
2009-06-25, 02:36 AM
Chocolate milk isn't too bad either, though it tends to be a sleep-aid...

Also, Yay. DBZ Abridged. :smallsmile:

SDF
2009-06-25, 03:12 AM
Well it's just now 2am here, and I haven't been able to sleep. I have to get up in four hours for class, but decided to read The Old Man and the Sea and listen to sad music on my porch in lieu of sleep.

The_JJ
2009-06-25, 03:16 AM
Yeah, some of my group of friends best inside jokes have risen out of 4:00 AM caffine highs.

Icewalker
2009-06-25, 03:33 AM
Well, I have a rather amusing story on this same point.

A number of friends were staying the night, and it was something like 2 AM. And we started a freeform roleplay. In a setting entirely based on go with the flow and improv: we had NO initial premise for a setting, story, or anything else.

It quickly was established to be a combination high fantasy and western.

I was a human gunslinger whose nerves switch between normal nerves and spots of plasma, giving him both a hideous twitch and the ability to spray plasma from his hands. He was the straight man.

Another character was a hammermancer, who had attempted to make a sentient hammer, and put his own memories into it instead: continuously. He would forget everything that was going on every couple of seconds, and the hammer (a third player) was very much functional and aware of what was going on, but could only communicate by hitting people in the face.

We then established that this hammermancer had 40 pounds of weed in a bag on his horse, and quickly became known as the Hammered Horseman. Moments afterwards, in a freak accident of magic, the supply was animated and became our fourth player.

...yeah. It was pretty fantastic. Since then, in more reasonable waking moments, we have expanded the setting, mostly running with the premise of breaking away from as many standard fantasy elements as possible.

Destro_Yersul
2009-06-25, 03:37 AM
Icewalker? That is made of pure liquid awesome.

I don't have any particularly good stories of my own, but I can vouch for 'tired = funny'. It's true.

arguskos
2009-06-25, 03:38 AM
Especially at 2 a.m.:smallwink:
What isn't delicious at 2 AM? If I am awake and eating, then whatever I'm consuming better be god damn GLORIOUS. :smallbiggrin:

Linkavitch
2009-06-25, 03:45 PM
I've only been awake at 2 AM a couple times in my life...but yes, everything was hilarious.:smallbiggrin:

RandomNPC
2009-06-28, 10:20 PM
at 2AM food is indeed one of the most gloriously wonderful things that exist.

try pulling an all nighter stocking store shelves with a few other workers when you usually work first shift.... everything everyone says is funny, and the intercom doubbly so.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-28, 10:32 PM
It's 4:40 AM, and I can hear the birds singing through my window and the first lights of dawn shining softly.

What's delicious at this time in the morning?Reheated leftover chicken fried rice and beef in black bean sauce, served on fried bread with chilli jam and smoky barbecue sauce. With a fried egg on top. It's incomparable.

EDIT: What's hilarious? A discussion with a friend, about how we're describing all our past sexual partners according to the various foodstuffs which make up a healthy, balanced diet.
"He's like sugary foods. Vaguely addictive, delicious but ultimately unsatsifying."

Neko Toast
2009-06-28, 10:42 PM
It's 10 at night here... Nothing is really hilarious right now, but I'm not staying up late with my group of friends while our characters in our game get into silly shenanigans.

... That was last night. xD

Stormthorn
2009-06-28, 11:34 PM
I watched that episode you linked to. I only really lol'd at the dramtic "Dun!" accompanying a falling crab.

An Enemy Spy
2009-06-28, 11:35 PM
The more tired I am, the less funny things seem.

llamamushroom
2009-06-29, 04:37 AM
The thing which I found disturbingly hilarious about your post was that, to me, it looked like it was posted at 5 in the afternoon. However, I very definitely agree with you - even a game of Risk (normally an hour or two of mind-liquefying drudgery) became the most fun thing I had ever done (though that was at 4am, not sure if that counts).

Icewalker
2009-06-29, 12:08 PM
Had something like this last night, although it wasn't as late, but we were all very tired for one reason or another (getting up early for work, etc). At one point, on no apparent basis (still not sure how it started) we proceeded to decide that people were various members of the cast of Othello, on no reasonable grounds (for example, gender) whatsoever. It became a running joke throughout the rest of the night, and, likely, forever. We'll see. :smallbiggrin:

Finwe
2009-06-29, 02:19 PM
Yeah, that happens to me sometimes, too. It tends to occur most commonly when I'm with other people, for some reason.

Sleep deprivation - it's what all the kids are doing these days to get high! :smallamused:

evisiron
2009-06-29, 03:29 PM
Zero Punctuation is always the greatest between 2 and 4am!

But only when procrastinating for something boring and important. :smallbiggrin:

Elm11
2009-06-30, 06:39 AM
I have to agree. Some of the best and funniest moments in my life have been very late night or early morning. Several years ago, my Brother, his friend and I had a one and a half hour conversation/really long joke about what mcdonalds would be like if it was an airline. it involved cardboard and catapults. It was immensly funny at 2am in the morning, but it seems pretty dull now that i look back at it

Coplantor
2009-06-30, 10:24 AM
I know that feeling, I remember staying up late with a couple of friends playing smash bros and oh my god did our jokes lost quality with every passing hour yet they were, somehow, getting more and more hilarious. There's a moment around 3 am that even fart jokes are funny... OK, around 3 am and a couple of beers.

Mr. Mud
2009-06-30, 11:39 AM
I ahd this last night... but I'm scared I might have actually...

:smalleek:... well...

Accidentally gotten 'high' off the Benedryll, for my allergies last night. I was on the phone with my friend and she was asking if I was okay and stuff... and all I remember was that I couldn't stop laughing. At anything she said, I'd "rofl". And I was on my roof.

But I'm fine now... No more benedryll for awhile. :smalleek:

Eon
2009-06-30, 11:57 AM
well... I go to this scout camp where it's all electronics and well... we drink pop, play video games and don't sleep until the second night. Everything is funny. Especially Invader Zim (always funny but after 2 mountain dews and no sleep it's hard to not keep laughing).

SilentNight
2009-06-30, 01:03 PM
Some of my favorites, "I feel like a turtle." Followed by the sayer rolling around on the ground. Furthermore, one of my favorite jokes that only seems to be funny at 2am, "So there's two muffins sitting in an oven and one muffin says to the other, 'Man, it's getting hot in here.' Then the other one says, 'HOLY SH*T!! A TALKING MUFFIN!" Also, this thread is win.