PDA

View Full Version : the bishop's staff

Fitz
2009-06-25, 02:08 AM
ooc: this is the tavern area for the maze of aeos i am running, feel free to roleplay here as a resident of valendar, but it is mainly for organising groups to try and claim the star sapphire.
Ic:
The bishop's staff is a tavern on the edge of the shadier areas of valendar. It is well built from stone and oak, and a hearty fire warms the room, janus the owner,a half elf ex adventurer, insists on no weapons, and keeps a very close eye on casters, but most patrons enjoy the chance to have a drink and catch up on rumours.

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 09:14 AM
a hard bitten human of medium height walks into bar and takes a seat at an empty table, looks around Server! how much is a beer here?

Fitz
2009-06-25, 09:48 AM
a half-elven barmaid takes your order as the bard in the corner warms up for the evening.
OOC: Prices are all standard and of fair quality, no books at work so can't be accurate, apologies.

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 09:50 AM
I'll take pint please

-----------------------------------------------------------
ooc
the price is four copper for a mug
use D20 Srd (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm) if you can't get to books

Fitz
2009-06-25, 10:21 AM
the bard wanders over and asks.would you be here for the contest milord?
Ooc cheers

Morpheus
2009-06-25, 10:53 AM
A impressive looking knight walks into the bar. He takes off his black dragon horned helmet revealing shoulder length black hair. He has no facial hair and his eyes are blue like the deep depths of the ocean. He has a large steel shield on his left shoulder and a bastard sword sheathed along his right side. He has black full plate with a fist holding arrows on his left shoulder. He walks over to an empty table and sits down putting his shield next to him. He then calls out Waitress, I would like a glass of wine. He then looks around the tavern to see if there is anyone worthy of being part of his group.

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 10:54 AM
i might be, what's it to you? without waiting for a response he stands up and wanders over to the table with the table with the knight and sits down who might you be friend?

Morpheus
2009-06-25, 11:40 AM
I am Balthazar. I am a knight of Hextor. I am here to crush everyone to gain the trophy in the maze. I accept no defeat. If my teammates fail me I will have to crush them too. You are either strong or you are weak. I will have only strong members in my party for weaklings should be out in the fields. Who are you, and are you a weakling or strongling?

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 11:49 AM
I am Weir neighbor, and strong enough to compete. my mind blade can overcome any foe, and my armor shall turn aside all blows

Morpheus
2009-06-25, 12:12 PM
Ah. Interesting. Well good luck to you. We will meet later.

TheLibrarian
2009-06-25, 12:15 PM
Heads turn (Or don't, it may not be that uncommon of a sight) as a massive, eight foot tall Goliath enters the Room, his chainmail clinks as he moves across the room and approaches the bar. As the barmaid eyes the oversized sword strapped to his back suspiciously he turns to her I would like a glass of milk.

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 12:43 PM
Weir stands up and walks over to the bar, and says
why don't you join us *gestures towards balthazar* at that table? you look like an interesting adventurer, surely you have some stories to tell.

------------------------
ooc: i think there are no weapons allowed in the bar

TheLibrarian
2009-06-25, 01:21 PM
The Goliath stands up and extends a hand Name's Keothak, I assume you are here for the competition as well?

ooc: oops... well, I guess he put it wherever they have the wandering adventurers store their weapons.

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 01:25 PM
people call me Weir and yeah i'm here to win that purse freind, but more so to hone my mind and mindblade Takes your hand and shakes it

Fitz
2009-06-25, 01:26 PM
the bard wanders over and asks would any of you fine fellows be interested in the rumours about the maze ? i'm sure i could find some out for a drink or two?
ooc: indeed, no weapons in the bar, there is spell locked storage for your weapons, so very hard to steal them.

Fitz

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 01:28 PM
Wier produces a coin from somewhere and starts flipping it up and down and says, I could be interested in some of these rumors you mentioned

Fitz
2009-06-25, 01:36 PM
well good sir, the rumours amoung the stonemasons are that the Baron has not hired any of them to construct traps for this years maze, they think either those from out of town were brought in in secret or there will be a higher number of magical obstacles than previous years , would that be worth a drink mi'lord?

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 01:43 PM
indeed it might be, but this coin here, this golden one *gestures to coin he's holding*i might give you this if you can tell me more information about the other teams, and any news from the guild of magic

---------------------------
ooc
one gold piece is worth 100 coppers or 25 mugs of beer

Morpheus
2009-06-25, 01:47 PM
Balthazar seems pleased with the big goliath. Keothak, greetings. My name is Balthazar. I am a knight of Hextor. Do you have a team for the maze yet? Weir and I are recruiting more members into our team. You can gladly join us. I will even buy you a second milk if you want one. For we need to rest up for the competition.

Philaenas
2009-06-25, 05:39 PM
A joyous looking woman of slim stature walks into the bar and has a quick look around. She is wearing flowing robes made of green fabric and wears her black hair in a ponytail. Her eyes are of a piercing blue shade. Observing, her view rests for a moment at the sight of the big man standing next to another, armor-clad male and a somewhat more worldly looking figure. Immediately realising they must have come here for the same purpose as she has entered, she walks over to them. "Hiya misters, how are you doing? My name is Ehlina and I would fancy a cold drink, any of you blokes up for the task?" She smiles awkwardly and eyes the men expectantly.

Sissyphus
2009-06-25, 05:55 PM
For the maze? Yes, most definitely we are ready, for you, probably not so much. I am Weir, the knight is Balthazar, and the Goliath is Keothak

TheLibrarian
2009-06-26, 12:49 AM
Keothak grins at Weir Is not all we do an attempt to better ourselves?
He turns to Balthazar Well met, I will gladly join your team, but be aware that I intend to win
He ponders whether or not Ehlina was asking if he was up to the maze or buying her a drink, and decides silence is the best policy.

ooc: the giant sword dissapears and everyone forgets about it...for now

Fitz
2009-06-26, 01:19 AM
well m'lord, there is no formal guild of mages but teovin the alchemist does business down the road if you are looking for supplies? As to other teams, the dwarfs who won last year have entered again, but lady aliana of house tempestras is known for keeping an eye on the odds
He then heads of to resume readying for the evening

Philaenas
2009-06-26, 02:39 AM
Ehlina wasn't really expecting to get the silent treatment, but she did have some experience with not getting the reactions she intended after her usually rash introductions. "Well, if none of you gents are going to buy this girl a drink... then I guess I'll have to get my own." And she started for the bar after that.

Sissyphus
2009-06-26, 08:50 AM
Thank you for that information, friend. So no real group a mages around here? I guess that means that there's no way to learn about magical work the lord had done recently then. thanks for the tip about the alchemist*flips coin over to barkeep*

Morpheus
2009-06-26, 10:49 AM
Well. I see that we both plan to win. I am glad you are on my team. We shall be victorious.

Sissyphus
2009-06-26, 12:31 PM
Indeed we shall, there are many ways to be sure of that

Fitz
2009-06-26, 02:49 PM
the tavern starts to fill up for the evening, and as the drinks start to flow a woman in the livery of the Baron announces
all teams will be expected to register thier participants by tomorrow, then the draw for the 4 teams to compete will take place

OOC : i am going to set up a thread for the main dungeon this evening, players please drop in to participate, let me know when you want to exit the complex and i'll add some more background here

Fitz

Sissyphus
2009-06-26, 06:58 PM
ooc:
the new thread is up, and since only four players showed up here, should we just assume we are a party and head over to the maze?