PDA

View Full Version : A new race

jdrich
2006-02-17, 12:59 AM
Sick of playing a hideous half-orc that's worse than a human and worse than an orc?

Have I got a race for you! It's powerful, almost broken but has a small weakness that can be eliminated by a single feat!

I give you...drumroll please...

THE ORC!

An orc’s hair usually is black. It has lupine ears and reddish eyes. Orcs prefer wearing vivid colors that many humans would consider unpleasant, such as blood red, mustard yellow, yellow-green, and deep purple. Their equipment is dirty and unkempt. An adult male orc is a little over 6 feet tall and weighs about 210 pounds.

Females are slightly smaller.

Orc Traits (Ex)

Orcs possess the following racial traits.

* +4 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
* An orc’s base land speed is 30 feet.
* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* Light Sensitivity: Orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon.
* Favored Class: Barbarian.

Huh? huh? Guys, don't be shy, pretty sweet eh?

Donsic
2006-02-17, 01:01 AM
Orc only make good meat shields unless you roll your stats.

tgva8889
2006-02-18, 12:38 AM
Doesn't one of these exist somewhere...oh, right, page 203-204 of the MM!

Those are the exact traits of orcs in the MM, Orcs aren't too good in my opinion, at least as a PC. They don't actually make super good Barbarians. I think they might not be bad Fighters though.

NEO|Phyte
2006-02-18, 01:00 AM
out of curiosity, what is the feat that eliminates its weakness?

Seffbasilisk
2006-02-18, 01:11 AM
Daylight Adaptation i believe it's called

pocketwatch
2006-02-18, 01:15 AM
eh, something to do with light tolerance. Nah, half orcs are better. Orcs aren't worth the crippling stat penalties.

Piedmon_Sama
2006-02-18, 01:23 AM
I'm playing an Orc Rogue in an online RPG at the moment.... he's loads of fun, to be sure. =D

Splendor
2006-02-19, 12:45 AM
Actually the best race is kobolds....

-4 Str, -2 Con, +2 Dex, Small with a 30' movement, +1 Natural Armor, 60' Darkvision.

Best wizards and sorcerors ever.

And as bad guys according to the rules their the best. MM pg 161: CR Kobolds with levels in NPC classes have a CR equal to their character level -3. So a 4th level warrior kobold is still only a CR 1.
A 4th level kobold adept is casting 2nd level spells and only a CR 1.

Venatius
2006-02-19, 01:08 AM
Sick of playing a hideous half-orc that's worse than a human and worse than an orc?

Have I got a race for you! It's powerful, almost broken but has a small weakness that can be eliminated by a single feat!

I give you...drumroll please...

THE ORC!

Huh? huh? Guys, don't be shy, pretty sweet eh?

So, ah, I see the generic point to be stating, in a roundabout way, "Orcs are broken." So, ah... Elaborate for us?

tgva8889
2006-02-19, 01:25 AM
-2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma seems like a significate drawback to me, even for +4 strength.