PDA

View Full Version : Evil Cleric PrCs

Gnorman
2009-06-25, 04:28 AM
So I've got an evil cleric I'm working on for a PbP game here. Thing is, and I'm really intrigued by the Sacred Fist. I figure if I can go Monk 2 / Cleric 3 (Monk BAB is homebrewed to full progression), I'll meet the BAB requirements and have 10 levels of Sacred Fist for oozy flavorful sacred goodness. But do you have any suggestions for the other five levels? Something that would fit a Bane-type god. My domains are Pride and Domination.

I was thinking Church Inquisitor, reflavored to fit a LE cleric. Or maybe Bone Knight. Any other ideas? I'd like to retain casting if possible, but if something incredibly flavorful jumps out at me but loses a few CL, I might be okay with it.

Cyclocone
2009-06-25, 04:44 AM
Reflavored Ordained Champion maybe?

Emy
2009-06-25, 06:20 AM
Reflavored Ordained Champion maybe?

Why would it need to be reflavored? Isn't Hextor (LE) one of the deities that has Ordained Champions?

Cyclocone
2009-06-25, 07:11 AM
Why would it need to be reflavored? Isn't Hextor (LE) one of the deities that has Ordained Champions?

Well i guess it wouldn't need it if he's allowed to take ol' Hexy.
I just figured he might be in FR since he mentioned Bane (Hextor isn't in FR is he?:smallconfused:).

But anyway, 5 level cleric PrC for a LE god... yeah it's hard to get around Ordained Champion.

Rhiannon87
2009-06-25, 07:39 AM
Well i guess it wouldn't need it if he's allowed to take ol' Hexy.
I just figured he might be in FR since he mentioned Bane (Hextor isn't in FR is he?:smallconfused:).

But anyway, 5 level cleric PrC for a LE god... yeah it's hard to get around Ordained Champion.

A quick glance at my FR book says that Hextor is easily converted to Bane, and those PrCs that are dedicated to a specific god can easily be refluffed. I've seen someone redo the Radiant Servant of Pelor to be a Radiant Servant of Sune with few difficulties.

Gnorman
2009-06-25, 04:45 PM
A quick glance at my FR book says that Hextor is easily converted to Bane, and those PrCs that are dedicated to a specific god can easily be refluffed. I've seen someone redo the Radiant Servant of Pelor to be a Radiant Servant of Sune with few difficulties.

But uh... Radiant Servant of... Crushy McTyrannical Deity of Hatred? Maybe not.

Ordained Champion looks niiiiice.

Keld Denar
2009-06-25, 05:00 PM
If I may be so bold, Sacreligeous Fist builds are kinda fun. They involve the Ur-Priest PrC, which is really strong, but are balanced out by taking levels in Monk, which is not. If you put them into a blender on frappe for 3 minutes with a little Sacred Fist juice, you come out with a nicely blended melee character with decent casting skills to boot.

Makes the whole loss of a handful of caster levels significantly less unpalatable while being wholey and justifiably [Evil].

Monk2/Hexblade3/Ur-Priest2/SacredFist10/OrdainedChamp3 is fun. Reorder to taste, like, with at least the first 2 levels of OC asap.

Gnorman
2009-06-25, 06:10 PM
If I may be so bold, Sacreligeous Fist builds are kinda fun. They involve the Ur-Priest PrC, which is really strong, but are balanced out by taking levels in Monk, which is not. If you put them into a blender on frappe for 3 minutes with a little Sacred Fist juice, you come out with a nicely blended melee character with decent casting skills to boot.

Makes the whole loss of a handful of caster levels significantly less unpalatable while being wholey and justifiably [Evil].

Monk2/Hexblade3/Ur-Priest2/SacredFist10/OrdainedChamp3 is fun. Reorder to taste, like, with at least the first 2 levels of OC asap.

Only problem is the Ur-Priest is stealing from the gods, denying their power and disrespecting them, and my character is an incredibly devout fanatic. Wouldn't make a lot of sense. But I just might steal the build for another purpose.

Tsotha-lanti
2009-06-25, 06:14 PM
Only problem is the Ur-Priest is stealing from the gods, denying their power and disrespecting them, and my character is an incredibly devout fanatic. Wouldn't make a lot of sense. But I just might steal the build for another purpose.

Steal from deities other than Bane, while worshiping Bane? I guess that might be more in line with Cyric, but "take what you want" is a pretty Banite attitude.

shadow_archmagi
2009-06-25, 06:16 PM
Cleric: In the name of Bane, I wield the lightning of Thor!
Wizard: Wait what
Cleric: Well, I like Bane. I'm not going to use up *his* lightning, I mean, then Bane would have less lightning. Seems like a bit of a jerk move, to use up all your god's lightning.

herrhauptmann
2009-06-25, 06:32 PM
Pious templar from Complete Divine?

Prereqs sorta suck, and it provides a separate casting progression, rather than advancing an old one. But mettle is nice, like evasion but for fort and will. Depending on what sorts of effects the DM throws at you, Mettle is worth it's weight in gold.
If he's sticking to mostly PHB spells and MM1, it's worth much less.

aivanther
2009-06-25, 07:26 PM
If you're into undead, Master of Shrouds (Libris Mortis) can be fun. Talon of Tiamat (Dracnomicon) is another interseting one, but it's only and every other level spell progression, so not so good (but dominate dragon would be sweet just for in game kicks).

Some of the Book of Vile Darkness stuff (3.0 though) could be fun as well

EDIT: Also, in the Appendix of Players Guide to Faerun is a fun class for sadomasochists, the Maiden of Pain. You take one level of non-spell casting, and are addicted to a drug, but you can use your whips to deliver touch spells!

NeoVid
2009-06-26, 01:14 AM
If you're into undead, Master of Shrouds (Libris Mortis) can be fun.

MoS is sick. From personal experience, I've learned that 1 caster level lost is a small price to pay to gain the ability to summon 4 Shadows at once. You know how many creatures can handle getting hit for 4d6 Str damage a turn?

I don't, since we never found any that could.

Gnorman
2009-06-26, 04:09 AM
MoS is sick. From personal experience, I've learned that 1 caster level lost is a small price to pay to gain the ability to summon 4 Shadows at once. You know how many creatures can handle getting hit for 4d6 Str damage a turn?

Oh man it doesn't work for this character but I am totally stealing it for a villain in a game I am DMing.

Gaiyamato
2009-06-26, 06:29 AM
A huge hulking warrior in black plate mail (of terror), wielding a huge nasty looking black morning star (of marrow crushing and terror) with an aura of fear who can panic enemy who are immune to fear effects just sounds totally cool to me.

So here is what I came up with:

Human
Lawful Evil

Level 1: Cleric 1 - Divine Magician - Blasphemous Incantation
Domain: Destruction
Human: Willing Deformity
Level 1: Deformity (eyes)
Flaw: Deformity (Parasite)
Flaw: Deformity (Obese)
Level 2: Cleric 2
Level 3: Cleric 3
Level 3: Daunting Presence
Level 4: Cleric 4
Level 5: Dread Witch 1
Dread Witch: Unnatural will
Level 6: Dread Witch 2
Level 6: Mutilator
Level 7: Dread Witch 3
Level 8: Dread Witch 4
Level 9: Dread Witch 5
Level 9: Gruesome Finish
Level 10: Contemplative 1
Domain: Pain Domain

EDIT:
Mix and match these as you can afford them.
they are all in the SRD, MiC or BoVD.

Equipment:
Morning star +2
Soul Drinking (+4)
Doomburst (+2)
Warning (+1)
Bloodfeeding (+1)
Crystal of energy assault, greater (Electricity)(6000gp)

Full Plate +1
Menacing (+30,00gp)
Fearsome (+15,000gp)
Deathward (+1)
Fortification, Heavy (+5)
Roraring (+3)
Ironward Diamon, greater (8000gp)
Skull of fear (on helmet) (70,000gp)

Steel Shield, Heavy +4
Time Buttress (+5)
Ghost Ward (+1)
Crystal of glancing blows, greater (5000gp)

Gem of Psychic Poison (28,00gp)

Braces of Armor (any)

Eyes of Doom (25,000gp)

Set
2009-06-26, 07:41 AM

Fun to combine with some effect to make yourself hard to attack. Just hang back and let the minions handle the light work. (Meld to Stone is the classic CharOp option, but even a Sanctuary spell or hiding out within an Obscuring Mist can get you started at the lower levels.)

My own version of this build was a Cleric of Wee Jas, with Magic and Death domains, so that I could use the Magic Domain power to use a Wand of Spectral Hand to deliver my Inflict spells (and other touch-spell / power badness).

woodenbandman
2009-06-26, 10:54 AM
Church inquisitor mentions being easily refluffed, and Anima Mage mentions something similar. CI is Complete Divine and Anima Mage is Tome of Magic (binder section). Thaumaturgist (DMG) is not explicitly evil, but binding an evil cohort to aid you IS. Malconvoker (May be wizard only, which is a damn shame. Complete Scoundrel) is super cool as well. Contemplative(CD), while again not specifically evil, is good(evil) for anyone.

DragoonWraith
2009-06-26, 11:29 AM
Malconvoker is Good-only, or at least not-Evil. The fluff on it is that he's fighting fire with fire (using evil creatures against evil creatures). He's not Wizard-only, though, just probably best from a Wizard base (because you can take the Conjurer ACF that gives Standard Action Summons), but he can be done from a Cleric base, among other things.

Gnorman
2009-06-26, 04:21 PM
Definitely going Sacred Fist / Ordained Champion (18 BAB? CL 17? Yes please!) on this one, guys. Appreciate the other advice, though!