PDA

View Full Version : Scribblenauts!

Maerok
2009-06-25, 08:21 AM
I think I would get a DSi, just to play Scribblenauts. Stupid PSP, why did I trust Sony... Hell, I'll preorder now.

Any word on a level creator. That would be awesome!

---

Also, what's that crazy looking RPG for the DS where the stylus has to dodge enemy attacks? It was mentioned on PennyArcade a while back but I forgot to write it down.

Any other good games out for it?

Lost Demiurge
2009-06-25, 09:55 AM
Also, what's that crazy looking RPG for the DS where the stylus has to dodge enemy attacks? It was mentioned on PennyArcade a while back but I forgot to write it down.

Any other good games out for it?

That's called Knights in the Nightmare. It's weird... It's not exactly an RPG, not exactly a tactical game... It's complicated, unique, and I don't know if it's great. It's good at least, and to me it was worth $35. I'll play and enjoy it, but I don't know if I'll finish it.

Still, it's an Atlus game. If you don't grab it now you'll have a hell of a time finding copies later.

Maerok
2009-06-25, 12:22 PM
I'm so used to console games that $30/35 doesn't seem like all that much.

How is Final Fantasy Tactics A2? I liked the first one.

Pokemon Platinum looks good too.

Fayd
2009-06-25, 02:12 PM
I love tactics A2, although it was my first entrance to the FF Tactics series (of 3 games...I've now played or seen all of them played). It has a more solid story than the first Tactics Advance, but not as strong as FF Tactics for the PS1/PSP (remake). Some jobs were buffed, some were nerfed, some added, some removed (most sadly in my opinion was the Morpher)... You can still accidentally shoot your own units, but it is much harder (saw it happen, I'll be glad to explain how if you're curious), and I don't think you can with guns anymore. Just bows. New classes include: Vierra Spellswords (not as cool as they sound but really fun in combination with the sniper class), Hume Paravir, Nu Mou Arcanist (smashed a bit of sage together with the offensive bits of time mage), Bangaa Tricksters (they fight with cards and use skills to talk your enemies to death)...bangaa got a lot of classes, comparitively, Moogle Chocobo Knights (no skills on their own, but they can equip ANY weapon and armor, and gain the skills of the chocobo they capture), and of course, the 2 new races with 4 unique classes.

But I think I've said enough for now.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-06-25, 02:49 PM
Really looking forward to playing this game.

chiasaur11
2009-06-25, 02:51 PM
I love tactics A2, although it was my first entrance to the FF Tactics series (of 3 games...I've now played or seen all of them played). It has a more solid story than the first Tactics Advance, but not as strong as FF Tactics for the PS1/PSP (remake). Some jobs were buffed, some were nerfed, some added, some removed (most sadly in my opinion was the Morpher)... You can still accidentally shoot your own units, but it is much harder (saw it happen, I'll be glad to explain how if you're curious), and I don't think you can with guns anymore. Just bows. New classes include: Vierra Spellswords (not as cool as they sound but really fun in combination with the sniper class), Hume Paravir, Nu Mou Arcanist (smashed a bit of sage together with the offensive bits of time mage), Bangaa Tricksters (they fight with cards and use skills to talk your enemies to death)...bangaa got a lot of classes, comparitively, Moogle Chocobo Knights (no skills on their own, but they can equip ANY weapon and armor, and gain the skills of the chocobo they capture), and of course, the 2 new races with 4 unique classes.

But I think I've said enough for now.

Also: catching Chocobos?

Not fun. And I'm a total sucker for monster catching.

Copper8642
2009-06-25, 02:53 PM
Back to Scribblenauts: This game looks like the second coming of creativity. It sort of reminds me of what Spore should have been, because you can make anything interact (sure you can't create new stuff, but just about everything that does exist makes up for it).

Oregano
2009-06-25, 03:12 PM
Yer, Scribblenauts=Awesome. I'm going to be broke with all the awesome DS games this year though.

Copper8642
2009-06-25, 03:15 PM
Valkyrie Profile was a pretty good game, and though it was last year, The World Ends With You was an amazing game, both gameplay and story wise.

I don't get new DS games often, they need to really hook me for me to be interested. Scribblenauts has hooked me in. I will buy it.

chiasaur11
2009-06-25, 03:47 PM
Valkyrie Profile was a pretty good game, and though it was last year, The World Ends With You was an amazing game, both gameplay and story wise.

I don't get new DS games often, they need to really hook me for me to be interested. Scribblenauts has hooked me in. I will buy it.

Also: you can make your own zombie apocalypse.

And there are two kinds of excavator. A dude who excavates, and the massive construction vehicle. I only hope the latter has a bucket wheel.

Maerok
2009-06-25, 11:23 PM
There are so many things I want to test... It says they've got famous people (real and fiction), memes, etc.. Even CTHULHU! I wonder if they have Candlejack. That would be swe-

Ghastly Epigram
2009-06-25, 11:32 PM
Yeah, this game looks awesome. Makes me want to buy a DSi solely for it. >.<

There are so many things I want to test... It says they've got famous people (real and fiction), memes, etc.. Even CTHULHU! I wonder if they have Candlejack. That would be swe-

Tch, why would you add a - to the end. That implies you knew Candlejack was about to come. That would ju

Fayd
2009-06-25, 11:37 PM
Also: catching Chocobos?

Not fun. And I'm a total sucker for monster catching.

Not that hard, really, assuming the chocobo isn't brave or stupid. (If it is, 9 times out of 10 it will kill itself by attacking people with counter) Just kill everything else, (mostly for security, I'm not sure if it's even a requirement, it just makes things easy) and get the choco into critical health. Move your choco knight next to it and jump on. No failure chance, it's just yours. You can only have 1 at a time though unless you have more than 1 chocobo knight.

Maerok
2009-06-26, 12:02 AM
Yeah, this game looks awesome. Makes me want to buy a DSi solely for it. >.<

Tch, why would you add a - to the end. That implies you knew Candlejack was about to come. That would ju

But no copyrighted characters apparently...

Chuck Norris battles!

hustlertwo
2009-06-26, 12:09 AM
I don't have a DS. I thought it over, and decided not to bother, wasn't enough there to merit the purchase. I don't travel a lot, and the PSP catered more to my particular preferences. But this game is a strong argument to go ahead and bite. Seems like an amazing sandbox kick.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-16, 03:39 PM
This game. Yes. YES.

I JUST discovered it. Rick Astley? Time Machine? Shot-Gun wielding God vs. Cthulhu?

I. NEED. THIS. GAME.

Search function was my friend.