PDA

View Full Version : Wilder's Wild Surge

Febreezium
2009-06-25, 09:50 AM
Simple question, really; the SRD and Expanded Psionics aren't very clear on a couple of things about this capability and I was hoping for some clarification from the GitP geniuses.

1) What kind of an action is it to Wild Surge? Free? Swift?
2) How long can a Wild Surge be kept up for (Rude jokes aside :smalltongue:)?
3) Augmenting; the flavour says it makes augmenting easier to do, so that 'the extra point' is free. Does that mean that Wild Surge + 2 increases the DC via increasing the Manifester level and give 2 free PP for augmentation, OR that Wild Surge + 1 allows one free level of Augmentationm, + 2 allows 2 etc. etc.

Any help / clarification will be appreciated.

Eloel
2009-06-25, 09:57 AM
Simple question, really; the SRD and Expanded Psionics aren't very clear on a couple of things about this capability and I was hoping for some clarification from the GitP geniuses.

1) What kind of an action is it to Wild Surge? Free? Swift?
2) How long can a Wild Surge be kept up for (Rude jokes aside :smalltongue:)?
3) Augmenting; the flavour says it makes augmenting easier to do, so that 'the extra point' is free. Does that mean that Wild Surge + 2 increases the DC via increasing the Manifester level and give 2 free PP for augmentation, OR that Wild Surge + 1 allows one free level of Augmentationm, + 2 allows 2 etc. etc.

Any help / clarification will be appreciated.
1) It's a non-action, it's done while manifesting.
2) I don't think I understand this question.
3) You basically get 2 free PP for augmentation. You don't get + DC for + manifester level either way, and there's nothing on ML there anyway.

AstralFire
2009-06-25, 10:00 AM
Wild Surge has no duration - it is used up with each spell.

Wild Surge counts for your first X points augmenting a power, and can be used to go over the usual ML on max number of PP spent on a single power.

Fishy
2009-06-25, 10:21 AM
Certain powers (but not all) have higher DCs if you augment them, or have an augmentation option that does nothing but raise their DC.

So yeah, if you Wild Surge Deja Vu, or Disable, or Mind Thrust, or Deja Vu, then you're going to get a higher DC.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-06-25, 11:10 AM
1: Wild Surge is done during the act of manifesting the power.
2: It lasts for only that fraction of a second when the power has completed the manifestation.
3: It allows you to put more power points into the power; allowing for more damage, higher DC's, etc. Depending on the power and it's augmentation benefits.

Note: Overchannel and Wild Surge do not stack. In certain types of builds; like a Nova, you can do the actions on separate manifestations. Expanded knowledge feat FTW.