PDA

View Full Version : I miss Haley's imaginary personifications

Gamerlord
2009-06-25, 10:37 AM
Don't all of you?

Personally, I hope that Haley's imaginary personifications come back at some point, or even better, we get to see somebody else's imaginary personifications! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Gee, I wonder if different people's imaginary personifications can see each other? :smallconfused:

Timberboar
2009-06-25, 10:39 AM
They're best where they are -- in the past.

Jair Barik
2009-06-25, 10:41 AM
Durkon won't have them, he's much to straight forward a character. All you'd get would be a load of stereotyped dwarves. Sort of had it with Elan (the consciences) and Belkar (conscience again+ Shojo). Roy seems much too sensible for that sort of thing and in a way his father fills that sort of role. Not sure about V, he's had major character development recently so who knows it could happen.

Bibliomancer
2009-06-25, 10:50 AM
Can you imagine the intellect portion of V's brain?

Although V's "conscience" would be interesting, and her "self-loathing" would have a lot of material by this point.

L'intrigant
2009-06-25, 10:58 AM
And just imagine the "romance" portion. How many non-gender-specific pronouns would that manifested personality trait have to use? :smalltongue:

Jair Barik
2009-06-25, 11:00 AM
In a way I guess the soul splices brought out all the sorts of emotions shown by the personifications. Or the negative parts at least. Remember the splice doesn't effect alignment so everything we saw was what V wanted to do, even if it was only deep down

Optimystik
2009-06-25, 11:57 AM
Elan probably wouldn't mind meeting "Latent Bisexuality" :smallwink:

Tenebrais
2009-06-25, 12:16 PM
I'd have thought the imaginary personifications existed in the first place because Haley couldn't speak to anyone and needed someone to communicate with - whether or not they actually exist. The characters might remain in her mind, but I doubt we'll see anyone else's. At least not in the same way.

Zanaril
2009-06-25, 02:06 PM
And just imagine the "romance" portion. How many non-gender-specific pronouns would that manifested personality trait have to use? :smalltongue:

All I can imagine for "romance" V is normal V, possibly with different hair. After that my brain shuts down. :smalltongue:

Edit: Oh, and smiling, 'cause normal V hardly ever does that.

ref
2009-06-25, 09:29 PM
Yes, yes I miss them much. I hope to meet them more during the way, but the way she dismissed her self-loathing when the boat left probably means they won't come again, sadly.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-25, 10:44 PM
All I can imagine for "romance" V is normal V, possibly with different hair. After that my brain shuts down. :smalltongue:

Edit: Oh, and smiling, 'cause normal V hardly ever does that.

with pink hair.

grautry
2009-06-26, 01:56 AM
I'd have thought the imaginary personifications existed in the first place because Haley couldn't speak to anyone and needed someone to communicate with - whether or not they actually exist. The characters might remain in her mind, but I doubt we'll see anyone else's. At least not in the same way.

Yeah, I'm sort of a similar opinion.

I think that the personifications where a sign that Haley wasn't exactly mentally healthy at the time. I take their disappearance from the strip as a sign that Haley resolved most, if not all, of those problems.

dogmac
2009-06-26, 02:02 AM
I thought it was quite symbollic that she now looks like "That part of Haleys brain that wants to stop all this emo crap and get back to comedy"

DSCrankshaw
2009-06-26, 02:21 AM
Self-loathing did show up (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0483.html) after she got her speech back, though. It was pretty brief, since she needed to be shut down hard there.

DemonRoach
2009-06-26, 02:36 AM
Gee, I wonder if different people's imaginary personifications can see each other? :smallconfused:

I wouldn't think so. They exist only in the brain of the person imagining them, in the manner of a hallucination. There are recorded instances of group hallucinations, but its unlikely a group of people could perfectly imagine each others thoughts.

And not particularly, Self-loathing was good but I was apathetic to the rest of them.