PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson is dead!

Zid
2009-06-25, 05:04 PM
The king of pop dies at the age of 50.

I guess I wont be going to his comeback consert after allhttp://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/

Oregano
2009-06-25, 05:06 PM
I just read this a moment ago. That's a big shock. Can't believe it...

Arlion
2009-06-25, 05:06 PM
i was about to start this thread

..I cant believe it,is it official?

Jibar
2009-06-25, 05:07 PM
That is the only article I've seen that says he is dead.
He's had a cardiac arrest and has been taken to hospital but as of right now that website is the only one who is announcing he's dead.

Swordguy
2009-06-25, 05:07 PM
{Scrubbed}

Phase
2009-06-25, 05:08 PM
Not to be contradictory, but we can't be one hundred percent sure he's dead. Conflicting reports are coming in. If you want a definitive source, don't go to a tabloid such as TMZ.

Still, Jackson was rushed to the hospital earlier today. He may be dead, he may not.

@^: Jokes don't make his death true.

RTGoodman
2009-06-25, 05:09 PM
That is the only article I've seen that says he is dead.
He's had a cardiac arrest and has been taken to hospital but as of right now that website is the only one who is announcing he's dead.

Yeah, I've been following it on Google and Twitter, and I've yet to see a non-TMZ source for the story. I'm not saying it's not true, but I'd like to see some other confirmation first.

Connington
2009-06-25, 05:09 PM
No, it's not official. TMZ seems to be the only one running the story that way. He could be dead very soon, or maybe not. But not yet.

Fan
2009-06-25, 05:10 PM
{Scrubbed}

Umm, he was never convicted of ANY of that, so saying he was a Pedophile is not only incorrect, but it's also Distasteful Disrespect for the Dead.:smallyuk:

Zid
2009-06-25, 05:11 PM
cnn.com are starting to edit their articles to " Jackson was the seventh of nine children in a well-known musical family. "

Phase
2009-06-25, 05:11 PM
Umm, he was never convicted of ANY of that, so saying he was a Pedophile is not only incorrect, but it's also Distasteful Disrespect for the Dead.:smallyuk:

Again, Disrespect for the possibly dead.

And yes, we should totally take a tabloid source mocking a man they say is dead seriously. [/sarcasm]

Jibar
2009-06-25, 05:13 PM
All the articles I have read show TMZ as the only source for this. Make of that what you will.
I don't like the man or anything, but this is the kind of thing that will get blown out of proportion very quickly and needs to be grounded in fact as quickly as possible.

Edit: And as a note, this thread is going to be locked faster than news like this spreads if people don't keep the politics and hate quiet.

Lord_Gareth
2009-06-25, 05:13 PM
{Scrubbed}

Kaiser Omnik
2009-06-25, 05:16 PM
{Scrubbed}

And you know better than a judge because...?

Trizap
2009-06-25, 05:17 PM
have heard the name, don't know who he is, don't care, probably would hate him anyways.

Porthos
2009-06-25, 05:19 PM
LA Times confirms the story. (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html)

Jury of peers, actually.

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:20 PM
CNN is saying he's rumored to be in a coma right now at the hospital.

Edit: Multiple sources are confirming, he's in a coma.

Shademan
so... natural causes? vampire hunters? more...ahem, medical causes?
to much plastic?

Swordguy
{Scrubbed}

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:21 PM
so... natural causes? vampire hunters? more...ahem, medical causes?
to much plastic?

Cardiac arrest.

BizzaroStormy
2009-06-25, 05:21 PM
Well, I just caught it on the news...MJ has been confirmed dead.

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:23 PM
L.A. times and CBS now says he's died, but CNN has yet to confirm it. And TMZ also.

KilltheToy
2009-06-25, 05:27 PM
MSNBC has picked up the LA Times story and posted it on their site.

As for me, I'm giving this 24 hours. That should be long enough for actual confirmation of his death if he is in fact dead.

Fan
2009-06-25, 05:29 PM
{Scrubbed}

We DO, namely Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and quite a few others, including N.F.L, and N.B.A. stars, who make more money in a single game then M.J. has made in the past 10 years.Sorry but, your wrong.
People sue celebrities all the time simply because they want money, those boys had paid for dance lessons with M.J., and their parents wanted to milk the man for everything he had. Look into the cases, and you'll see WHY he was proven not guility before a jury of his peers.

God rest M.J. (coma is a terrible thing if thats so.), and may you thriller forever in [insert after life here].

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:29 PM
ABC is now reporting on it and says he died

24 hours should be a good time to wait. I can't believe the amount of people outside UCLA hospital.

Phase
2009-06-25, 05:30 PM
{Scrubbed}

I have a perfectly good sense of humor right here, came free of charge with birth, as a matter of fact. {Scrubbed}

Nameless
2009-06-25, 05:30 PM
I'm hearing some rumours that he died whilst in a coma about an hour ago, anyone know anything about it?

EDIT: I'm watching ITV News now, so he really is dead. Wow.

Exeson
2009-06-25, 05:32 PM
Crap. Just crap.... wow.

Verruckt
2009-06-25, 05:33 PM
'Cause this is a thrille- Hnnng

Seriously, people need to lighten up about death, it's just the way life works, laugh and move on. I really doubt any of us have real reason to mourn the loss of a person we've never met, so demanding some kind of vicarious respect seems sort of emotionally dishonest to me.

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:34 PM
Very true. Everyone dies, including Farrah Fawcett :smalltongue:

SoD
2009-06-25, 05:35 PM

In a country where people can sue places for having water on the floor, causing them to trip, when in fact the water was there for all of three seconds, after she threw her glass of water at her boyfriend and stormed out. Or for having hot coffee. Or sueing NASA for changing a horoscope when they crashed a sattelite into a freaking comet!

And onto the subject at hand; I'm sad that he's dead, as I enjoyed some of his music. However, if the (unproved) allegations are true, he deserved to die a long time ago. If, however, they are not true, as the courts proved, he deserved to live a fair bit longer.

RTGoodman
2009-06-25, 05:37 PM
It's not COMPLETELY confirmed, but several places are reporting now. There's already a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6366176#post6366176), by the way.

Jalor
2009-06-25, 05:39 PM
So Roy is raised and Michael Jackson promptly dies? Weird.

Spiryt
2009-06-25, 05:39 PM
{Scrubbed}

Yeah, you can't back it up/prove it (neither could court) in any way, but you KNOW he's guilty.

There something very wrong with such thinking, don't you think?

Anyway, I've always found the guy rather creepy from some reason.

Nameless
2009-06-25, 05:40 PM
It's not COMPLETELY confirmed, but several places are reporting now. There's already a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6366176#post6366176), by the way.

Well, CNN is the only channel saying he might not be. The radio and ITV have both said that the Hospital confirmed his death.

And damn, ninja'd by 26 minutes.

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:41 PM

Oh, I see I was beat to linking it...
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6366481#post6366481

Dispozition
2009-06-25, 05:42 PM
BBC with live news feed (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8119951.stm)

Honesly, while he was quite weird, he was an amazing singer that contributed a hell of a lot to music.

Guru
2009-06-25, 05:45 PM
CNN still isn't saying he's dead, but the hospital is.

Anondurl
2009-06-25, 05:48 PM
Actually he's in a coma. Not yet dead.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-25, 05:48 PM
It -is- completly confirmed now. He is dead. BBC and CNN both confirmed it.

Nameless
2009-06-25, 05:50 PM
Will this be like the time when Elvis died?

Berserk Monk
2009-06-25, 05:50 PM
Yeah, just heard about it on the news. What if everyone in the entire world were to play Thriller? Would that bring him back?

KnightDisciple
2009-06-25, 05:51 PM
Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson.
It just keeps proving, famous people die in threes. :smallsigh:

Fan
MJ has been confirmed dead, I will now have a 5 minuet internet moment of silence in his honor.:smallfrown:

Recaiden
Our news has been saying he's dead.
It's a shame, I didn't expect him to die so soon.
And we also thought that pretty soon there would be conspiracy theories about this.

Khaeta
Not saying anything about guilt, but here's (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/25/entertainment/main5114139.shtml?tag=stack&tag=breakingnews) the CBS article, there's also a live broadcast on the site

Nameless
Yeah, just heard about it on the news. What if everyone in the entire world were to play Thriller? Would that bring him back?

He might come back from the dead as a zombie and start singing Thriller.

Anuan
2009-06-25, 05:52 PM
I read a very in-depth biography of him a while back. I lost respect for him in some ways, but gained it in others. I, for one, don't believe the charges against him.
He was a very strange man, but good at heart, and fifty is too young for someone to die, especially someone that brought so much joy to so many people.

Rest in peace, Mr. Jackson.

RTGoodman
2009-06-25, 05:54 PM
Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson.
It just keeps proving, famous people die in threes. :smallsigh:

Don't forget about David Carradine. He died not too long ago, too.

kopout
2009-06-25, 05:55 PM
I thought this was going to be the food poising joke.

kopout
2009-06-25, 05:57 PM

What do you mean "Elvis died"?

Nameless
2009-06-25, 05:57 PM
Don't forget about David Carradine. He died not too long ago, too.

And Richard Wright. :smallfrown:

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-25, 05:59 PM
As soon as I heard, I thought:

"When I get home, there's going to be a bazillion facebook updates, emails, and twitterings that he's snuffed it. Yeesh, big deal. I bet there'll be a GitP thread too..."

Looks like I was right.

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:02 PM
There's two of them.

Piedmon_Sama
2009-06-25, 06:04 PM
I don't buy the charges, he was just an eccentric man as well as a talented musician.

And poor taste is poor taste, guys.

Zocelot
2009-06-25, 06:05 PM
It's really too bad that he passed away, although he was past the prime of his career, he was still fairly young.

H. Zee
2009-06-25, 06:10 PM
I was never a big Jackson fan. He was an eccentric and talented man who may or may not have been a pedophile, and now he's dead. That is the end of that. If not for the onslaught of media publicity, these jokes wouldn't be being made. You've been brainwashed into making them.

And now that same media circus are going to begin a parade of hypocritical, hollow eulogies to the same man whose career and life they ruined. God, I hate the mass media sometimes.

Also, if you're going to make tasteless jokes, at least make them funny. Don't just make them for the sake of being tasteless, that's the opposite of clever.

SilverSheriff
2009-06-25, 06:11 PM

The only difference is that Elvis went out with a still-famous bang where as Michael Jackson just slowly faded out of fame and coming to Infamy by commiting serious criminal offences.:smallannoyed:

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:15 PM
Allegedly. It was never actually proven .

SilverSheriff
2009-06-25, 06:18 PM
Allegedly. It was never actually proven .

Just because the evidence was covered up with stacks of cash doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Verruckt
2009-06-25, 06:19 PM
Also, if you're going to make tasteless jokes, at least make them funny. Don't just make them for the sake of being tasteless, that's the opposite of clever.

The Aristocrats would like a word with you, but that's another thread. I chuckled at Swordguy's quote, it was funny. Tragedy + Time = Comedy is the usual formula, of course in this case the time was about five minutes, so mileage may vary.

Fan
2009-06-25, 06:20 PM
Just because the evidence was covered up with stacks of cash doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Actually, the statement of crimes being covered up by cash is usually IMPOSSIBLY false. Famous people get convicted ALL the time, Paris Hilton (CRAZY rich), and multiple N.B.A., and N.F.L stars get convincted for more serious offences all the time (Animal cruelty being one of the more notable ones.), so the "He got off coz he's rich!" argument is not only unfounded, but blissfully ignorant of past cases where that's been proven other wise.

Rockphed
2009-06-25, 06:21 PM
Hear! Hear! Let the dead, no matter how creepy, rest in peace. Having left this mortal coil behind, let us remember his good and forget his bad.

In memory of Thriller, Beat It, and Gonna Make a Change.:smallfrown:

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:25 PM
I just realized, this and the other thread with the same topic are almost alway bumped at the same time and have titles differing only in punctuation.

Jingo
2009-06-25, 06:25 PM
He was way before my time, I always knew him as the crazy child molester with botched plastic surgery, but this is a big deal around my campus for some reason.

I think once he passes out of living memory he will be remembered for his music , but right now his personal life was just so weird that we all focus on it.

Arakune
2009-06-25, 06:26 PM

He could be a pedophile, but not a child molester. Don't know how, but heard that somewere.

Nameless
Actually, the statement of crimes being covered up by cash is usually IMPOSSIBLY false. Famous people get convicted ALL the time, Paris Hilton (CRAZY rich), and multiple N.B.A., and N.F.L stars get convincted for more serious offences all the time (Animal cruelty being one of the more notable ones.), so the "He got off coz he's rich!" argument is not only unfounded, but blissfully ignorant of past cases where that's been proven other wise.

A agree with what you said, but- animal cruelty is more serious the paedophilia rape/molestation? :smallconfused:

Evil DM Mark3
I could be tasteless, but really I am feeling nothing. Strange but I suppose then end comes to us all, in the end.

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:27 PM
But some times it happens.Also I'm right, they are both at the top at the same time. Vindication!

Fan
2009-06-25, 06:28 PM
He could be a pedophile, but not a child molester. Don't know how, but heard that somewere.

As could you, or any one else on these forums (God forbid, this isn't a insult by the way, just saying something about circular logic, and how it applies to statements.)

littlebottom
2009-06-25, 06:28 PM
you guys wanna know the worst bit? sickipedia has over 5000 people trying to post jokes about his death already...

EDIT: and rising quick...

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:29 PM
He was way before my time, I always knew him as the crazy child molester with botched plastic surgery, but this is a big deal around my campus for some reason.

This, right here. Also I got a hilarious and original joke about him, But now its in bad taste.:smallfrown:

Fan
2009-06-25, 06:30 PM
A agree with what you said, but- animal cruelty is more serious the paedophilia rape/molestation? :smallconfused:

Considering the extent to which this happens (I will regretfully bring up a case in which a small puppy was tortured to the point of being kept alive after they cut off it's snout, and brutally cut it's body.). I'm not saying either is good, but the WAY the crime is commited... Makes a VAST difference. :shudder:

Semidi
2009-06-25, 06:31 PM

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the 1994 incident when M.J. payed a family off for 22 Million to prevent a case from going to criminal court.

Verruckt
2009-06-25, 06:32 PM
This, right here. Also I got a hilarious and original joke about him, But now its in bad taste.:smallfrown:

The state of a body does not affect the inherent humor in words related to said body, joke away.

Fan
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the 1994 incident when M.J. payed a family off for 22 Million to prevent a case from going to criminal court.

That's called being tired of the scandals that come up from Court cases, he proly knew he didn't do it, but was tired of the cases that had happened before, and decided that was how much keeping the Paparazzi off of him was worth. IF you've ever had them interested in you, it is a PAIN in this ass.

Nameless
Considering the extent to which this happens (I will regretfully bring up a case in which a small puppy was tortured to the point of being kept alive after they cut off it's snout, and brutally cut it's body.). I'm not saying either is good, but the WAY the crime is commited... Makes a VAST difference. :shudder:

Ah, I see your point.

SilverSheriff
2009-06-25, 06:33 PM

Most modern day celebs don't have the brains to hire someone to get rid of the evidence.

Crimmy
2009-06-25, 06:33 PM
Okay, back on track.

Here's a quote:

Music has died a little today.

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:36 PM
Ok, so "I have proof that Voldemort is real, and he infiltrated muggel society" "what are you talking about?" "Michael Jackson! Don't you see it?"

Its funyer in real life. Or better yet, comic strip format.

Fan
2009-06-25, 06:37 PM
Ok, so "I have proof that Voldemort is real, and he infiltrated muggel society" "what are you talking about?" "Michael Jackson! Don't you see it?"

Its funyer in real life.

It's also funnier with correct grammar, and spelling. O_o

SilverSheriff
2009-06-25, 06:38 PM

Yes. Filler Text

Fan
2009-06-25, 06:40 PM
Most modern day celebs don't have the brains to hire someone to get rid of the evidence.

Yes. Because when your intial arguement is proven wrong, you fall back on the ole "He paid someone to cover it up!" conspiracy. They say that about the Moon Landing, The Preisdential Election (Everyone since the beginning of time.), and 9/11. The discussion of any of those events I don't want to go into, but the point is, that you can claim it on ANYTHING, and have it almost apply.

Pyrian
2009-06-25, 06:41 PM
Just because the evidence was covered up with stacks of cash doesn't mean it didn't happen....And just because evidence was trumped up in direct pursuit of said stacks of cash doesn't prove that it did happen, either.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-25, 06:43 PM
Honestly, he didn't get convicted, and the people who accused him were less than savory anyways.

I, however, am mourning the death of a musician.

Crimmy
2009-06-25, 06:44 PM
That makes 3 of us.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-25, 06:45 PM
I, however, am mourning the death of a musician.

And I am shrugging my shoulders breezily.

Does this mean the martyr effect will kick in, and everyone will start to say HE WAS THE GRATEST MUSICALICIAN EVARRR!!!1!

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-25, 06:50 PM
Wait..
Wait...
WHO GETS THE RIGHTS TO THE BEATLES MUSIC?

Also, DamnedIrishman, he will never be the best musician ever. But, damn Thriller was a great album.
And those of us who obsess over good music will, indeed, mourn him. So you might as well just hunker yourself down for a few days.

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately my generation never knew him as the musician, just as the creepy looking guy with the scandal.

SDF
He is the forth best selling musician of all time, which is a lot more quantifiable. He is also clearly one of the most influential musicians of our time.

H. Zee
It's also funnier with correct grammar, and spelling. O_o

And a punchline.

Nameless
Wait..
Wait...

*Stands at the edge of a cliff over-looking the sea*

I DO! :smallcool:

Maelstrom
2009-06-25, 06:53 PM
Bridge
Night creatures call
And the dead start to walk in their masquerade
Theres no escapin the jaws of the alien this time
(theyre open wide)
This is the end of your life

Recaiden
2009-06-25, 06:53 PM
I only knew him as a musician after the scandal, but he was still great. We don't have to obsess to mourn that.

kopout
2009-06-25, 06:55 PM
And a punchline.

Eh, it's a stand up routian I havn't donein a while. and no, I wont quit my day job.

Pyrian
2009-06-25, 06:56 PM
But, damn Thriller was a great album.True, although I still think it's kind of sad that that was essentially his apex. You could have mourned his passing as that musician a long time ago, in a sense.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-25, 07:00 PM
The conspiracies begin:

http://www.ismichaeljacksonalive.com/

I LOL'D

THAC0
2009-06-25, 07:02 PM
All I have to say is...

You've been hit by
You've been struck by
a smooth criminal!

kopout
2009-06-25, 07:03 PM
Hows this for a conspiracy theory, He faked his death to get away from people who make fun of him.

Nameless
2009-06-25, 07:06 PM
The conspiracies begin:

http://www.ismichaeljacksonalive.com/

I LOL'D

Link fails. .-.

Crimmy
2009-06-25, 07:08 PM
Wait..
Wait...
*Stands at the edge of a cliff over-looking the sea*

I DO! :smallcool:

I LOL'd!

asdasdfillertext-letsallmournhim!

Erts
2009-06-25, 07:08 PM
I will choose to remember him as the incredible, amazing, encentric musician, dancer, and performer he was, no matter his faults.

RIP Michael Jackson.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-25, 07:09 PM
Link fails. .-.

Well, it works for me...

Ra_Va
2009-06-25, 07:10 PM
He's suffered poor health (physical and mental) for a while now so this isn't a surprise. He was odd however sexual molestation...I would doubt it. In any case he was one of the most amazing musicians of the time which in undeniable.

Plus plus the testimony of both the so-posed 'Victim' and his mother is what got him off the hook not his money.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-25, 07:10 PM
For the music, Mr. Jackson, I salute you.

...And wonder where the rights of the Beatles songs are going to go now.

Erts
2009-06-25, 07:13 PM
For the music, Mr. Jackson, I salute you.

...And wonder where the rights of the Beatles songs are going to go now.

Good question. I hope it somehow goes back to Paul and Ringo.

kopout
2009-06-25, 07:18 PM
It goes to nameless remember

Zaphrasz
2009-06-25, 07:23 PM
Can't say I cared much for his music. Didn't like what I saw of the man either, but would prefer to leave it at that and not get into a debate.

Anyway, he's dead. Feel free to make jokes about it all you want. He is in no condition to care. I guess I just don't get this "respect for the dead" nonsense.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-25, 07:26 PM
Can't say I cared much for his music. Didn't like what I saw of the man either, but would prefer to leave it at that and not get into a debate.

Anyway, he's dead. Feel free to make jokes about it all you want. He is in no condition to care. I guess I just don't get this "respect for the dead" nonsense.

I think, what it really is, is never 'respect for the dead', but respect for the people who have respect for the dead.
Honestly, you(in a general sense, not you specifically, Zaph) may not have liked him, but some of us really did, and making tasteless comments is sorta just like a kick to the ribs while we're down.

KilltheToy
2009-06-25, 07:29 PM
Yeah, you can't back it up/prove it (neither could court) in any way, but you KNOW he's guilty.

There something very wrong with such thinking, don't you think?

Anyway, I've always found the guy rather creepy from some reason.

He lived in the Uncanny Valley (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.UncannyValley), that's why.

His death saddens me. He was a great singer and I really wasn't expecting him to go so soon.

thubby
2009-06-25, 07:41 PM
the musician died ages ago, his body just caught up.

kopout
2009-06-25, 07:43 PM
Indeed, he did kinda look undead for a while there.

Guru
2009-06-25, 07:44 PM
He's not still sleeping, probably. Still hasn't sunken in. Even though I never really knew he was alive everyday, I can't believe he's dead.

Zaphrasz
2009-06-25, 07:56 PM
I think, what it really is, is never 'respect for the dead', but respect for the people who have respect for the dead.
Honestly, you(in a general sense, not you specifically, Zaph) may not have liked him, but some of us really did, and making tasteless comments is sorta just like a kick to the ribs while we're down.Indeed, I have no problem with that. I have no problem with people mourning and coping with their loss, just don't pretend you are doing it for the sake of the dead person. Funerals, for example, are really for the living.

I think I have made my point, and even if I haven't, I think now is the time to bow out of this.

Jalor
2009-06-25, 08:07 PM
RIP, MJ. The choirs of heaven will sound a lot better with your voice amongst them.

Ridureyu
2009-06-25, 08:18 PM
So, are they going to bury him or put him in a recycling bin?

kopout
2009-06-25, 08:20 PM

I get it :smallbiggrin:

Porthos
2009-06-25, 08:23 PM
For all of the people taking about MJ in a negative light (and trust me I understand why), I'd like to point to a must read piece by Andrew Sullivan who puts all of this in perspective:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/06/thinking-about-michael.html

There are two things to say about him. He was a musical genius; and he was an abused child. By abuse, I do not mean sexual abuse; I mean he was used brutally and callously for money, and clearly imprisoned by a tyrannical father. He had no real childhood and spent much of his later life struggling to get one. He was spiritually and psychologically raped at a very early age - and never recovered. Watching him change his race, his age, and almost his gender, you saw a tortured soul seeking what the rest of us take for granted: a normal life.

But he had no compass to find one; no real friends to support and advise him; and money and fame imprisoned him in the delusions of narcissism and self-indulgence. Of course, he bears responsibility for his bizarre life. But the damage done to him by his own family and then by all those motivated more by money and power than by faith and love was irreparable in the end. He died a while ago. He remained for so long a walking human shell.
The truth is that none of us know whether or not he did sexually inappropriate things with kids. But everything that was mentioned in the above link is true about him.

And for that, I will feel some sadness for him. He never had a chance at a real life. I only hope that he has some measure of peace now, one way or the other.

Falconer
2009-06-25, 08:28 PM

Touche, though I find making jokes of the recently deceased to generally be in somewhat poor taste.

On a slightly similar note, I will maintain that a legend died today. Not a perfect man (indeed, not at all, but who of us is?), but a very talented musician. He was great once, and for that he deserves our respect.

Roland St. Jude
2009-06-25, 08:51 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Disrespectful comments about the recently dead seem rather trollish. Trying to be funny, whether successful or not, does not absolve one of violating the Forum Rules.