PDA

View Full Version : MJ Tribute?

Uthrac
2009-06-25, 05:06 PM
Will there be a tribute to Michael Jackson?

Perhaps Roy will pass him on the highway . . .

Forbiddenwar
2009-06-25, 05:10 PM
huh? What's Jackson have to do with it?

RTGoodman
2009-06-25, 05:12 PM
huh? What's Jackson have to do with it?

One particular tabloid/website (TMZ) is reporting that he died earlier this afternoon. There's no confirmation of it from anywhere else, except that various places reported he WAS rushed to the hospital in cardiac arrest.

As to a tribute? Unlikely, I'd think. HOWEVER, I can see Zarah maybe putting one in in the next issue of Anti-Heroes (http://antiheroescomic.com/comic/22).

Porthos
2009-06-25, 05:21 PM
One particular tabloid/website (TMZ) is reporting that he died earlier this afternoon. There's no confirmation of it from anywhere else, except that various places reported he WAS rushed to the hospital in cardiac arrest.

LA Times is confirming the report. (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html)

Terrace
2009-06-25, 06:01 PM
At personal risk of sounding like an arrogant jerk, I say "good riddance." While he WAS an excellent artist, his reputation in my eyes was overshadowed by his frequent antics and alleged immoral acts. Take that as you will.

The Guardian
2009-06-25, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the best he can possibly hope for is the Chaotic Neutral afterlife.. certainly not LG!

And I second the "good riddance" comment.

Belkster11
2009-06-25, 06:12 PM
I don't think Rich's doing a tribute comic to a pop star, unless Roy says "I passed by Michel Jackson on the way down..." in the next few strips.

ABB
2009-06-25, 06:14 PM
Maybe he can be the new star in the dead pedophile choir.

Sabin Marcus
2009-06-25, 06:17 PM
I'll avoid wandering into a CoC (or is it ToS on this board?) violation by voicing my opinion on the late Jackson and instead point out that the tributes in OotS thus far have been for people who were important to D&D, not famous in a general sense. Aside from the odd tribute character that surely never saw publication, I can't imagine Jackson contributed much (anything) to the game.

No impact, no tribute. Gygax and Arenson had to invent the game to get one-page tributes.

Belkster11
2009-06-25, 06:20 PM
Well, if Berlew was also a big fan of MJ, he may do it.

It's all up to him, of course.

Draz74
2009-06-25, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if a passing comment was a veiled reference to MJ in the next strip, a la the "wardrobe malfunction" or "crappy economy" cracks made in past strips. But a full page tribute? No way. That's only for the very inventors of D&D.

ABB
2009-06-25, 06:27 PM
I'll avoid wandering into a CoC (or is it ToS on this board?) violation by voicing my opinion on the late Jackson and instead point out that the tributes in OotS thus far have been for people who were important to D&D, not famous in a general sense. Aside from the odd tribute character that surely never saw publication, I can't imagine Jackson contributed much (anything) to the game.

No impact, no tribute. Gygax and Arenson had to invent the game to get one-page tributes.

Hmm. jackson's impact on D&D.... Lemme think a minute....

Well, he may have convinced a lot of parents not to bitch about their kids being brainy and "weird" and doing "weird" things like playing D&D because it beat the hell out of collecting the music of a freak like MJ and practically worshipping him like the "normal" kids were doing.

Spending money on D&D or MJ tapes...I know what I'd rather see kids doing.