BardicLasher
2006-02-12, 05:25 PM
Mega Man X
Bioreplica fast hero 3/gunslinger 7
LG Medium construct
Init: +3 Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages: English, Japanese
--------------------------------------------
AC: 21, Touch 21, flat-footed 21, Dodge, Mobility, Uncanny Dodge 1, Defensive Position
hp 69 (10 HD)
Immune Mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, necromancy effects, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless. (Note: Not immune to critical hits)
Resist Evasion
Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +6
--------------------
Speed 40 ft
Melee Beam Sword +8, 2d8+1 fire, 19-20/x2
Ranged Plasma Pistol +11, 2d10 fire, 80 foot range or +9, 3d10 fire
Base Atk +7 Grp +8
Atk Options: Point Blank Shot, Shot on the Run, Double Tap, Supernatural Strike, Close Combat, Lightning Shot, Sharp Shooting
-----------------------------
Abilitis Str 13 Dex 17 Con - Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 12
Feats: Personal Firearms Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Shot on the Run, Double Tap, Dodge, Mobility, Supernatural Strike (can crit on creatures immune to crits), Weapon Focus (Plasma Pistol)
Skills: Tumble +16, Sleight of Hand +9, Jump +9 (6.5 cc ranks), Profession +14, Hide +9, Move Silently +9, Craft (Mechanical) +8, Escape Artist +10, Knowledge (Current Events) +9, Spot +3, Listen +3
Accessories: Integrated Video Phone, Class IV Sensor System, Weapon Mount (Plasma Pistol), Feat Progit (Personal Firearms Proficiency), Vocalizer, AV Transmitter, Dexterity Upgrade

Any comments or suggestions on how to make him more awesome would be appreciated. Note that this is for an unarmored X. Advice on how to armor him would be appreciated. So far, I have found the following things for armor...

-THRUSTER (PL 7) (Boots of Some Armors)
Thrusters use a miniature impulse engine to produce a stream of high-energy particles, contained and directed by magnetic fields. The exhaust is hot, but not dangerously so. Thrusters enable the robot to fly and hover.
Base Speed: Fly 30 feet (poor).
Purchase DC: One-half the base purchase DC of the robot’s frame.

-CRYSTAL CARBON ARMOR (PL 7) (Torso Piece of Most armors)
“Grown” in orbital laboratories, crystal carbon is a composite fiber material that outperforms neovulcanium (see below) on the battlefield. Bioreplica robots of Medium-size or smaller and liquid-state robots cannot have integrated crystal carbon armor.
Equipment Bonus: +8.
Weight: One-eighth the weight of the robot’s frame (rounded down).
Speed Penalty: None.

-STRENGTH UPGRADE (PL 5) (Included in Arm Part of most armors. Though most don't notice, once you get the arm upgrade, your climbing speed increases)
Parts of the robot’s frame, including its joints and hydraulic components, are reinforced or replaced with similar components made of stronger materials. The upgrade provides a +2 bonus to Strength.
Purchase DC: 5 + one-half the base purchase DC of the robot’s frame + robot’s Strength modifier before the upgrade

ROBOT REPAIR UNIT (PL 8) (Helmet in X4(?))
The RRU enables a robot to repair itself or another robot by replacing damaged parts with replicated new ones. In the latter case, the robot making the repairs must be adjacent to the damaged robot. The robot must spend a full-round action to repair itself or another robot; this automatically restores 1d10 points of damage (no Repair check necessary).
Purchase DC: 28.
Restriction: Licensed (+1).

MAGNETIC FEET (PL 6) (Boots of Shadow or Gaea Armor)
The robot comes with electromagnetic grippers that allow it to cling to ferrous surfaces, including iron and steel. The robot using its magnetic feet gains a climb speed of 20 feet and need not make Climb checks to scale ferrous surfaces.
Purchase DC: 12.
Restriction: None.

BardicLasher
2006-02-12, 10:48 PM
...I'm quite disapointed that nobody's replied to this... Am I alone in X fandom?

Dragonmuncher
2006-02-14, 07:58 PM
You need a charge shot!!!

Hm, something like, as a standard action, charge your shot. You can still take a move action as normal.

The next shot you take will deal double damage (If it hits, of course).

The blaster can be charged twice in a row, with a standard action being sacrificed each time. If a blaster shot is fired after being charged twice, the shot deals triple damage.

If you feel like splitting it up, like an the original Mega Man X, have the blaster only intially being able to charge one level, then a second accessory adds the ability to add a second charge.

BardicLasher
2006-02-14, 08:12 PM
As is, he's naked (Just standard blue X, no armor). For charged shot, I've got double tap. It takes a bit longer (hence the penalty to hit), but it deals more damage.

I was looking for a feat that let him take a turn to aim to do more damage, but I couldn't find one.

Venatius
2006-02-15, 12:03 AM
It's very hard for me to critique this with a pretty sparse knowledge of d20 modern, but I WILL say hooray for X!

medinabard
2006-02-15, 12:42 AM
what bout the different forms

ccelizic
2006-02-15, 12:49 AM
One day when I was rather bored I pondered on some guys I knew who did freeform reploid roleplay on some irc chat room. I don't have a finished form from that bored day, but I've been toying around with using the mechanics of Savage Worlds (http://www.peginc.com) to create a reploid setting. I had been tinkering around with a system where the robot race would get a point buy from an array of abilities in a similar fashion as the superhumans in the "Nessecary Evil" setting for the same game system. With the existing mechanics for an expandable abilties focused char in hands reach it wouldn't be too hard to finaggle it into a workable setting. The thing is I'd have to muster effort and time to assemble such a setup though, so I don't know if I'd ever hammer out a finished product on that front.