PDA

View Full Version : The Roy is still Dead Thread

Berserk Monk
2009-06-25, 06:34 PM
Post the wackiest theory explaining why Roy isn't alive. Here's mine:

Roy had an identical twin brother that was separated from him at birth. Growing up on the bad streets of Greysky City, he decided to rob Grubwiggler, but was caught and turned into a bone golem. Haley and Belkar stole the wrong golem, and while Roy was riding back down to earth in the limo, his identical twin brother, Ray, hijacked the limo and returned to earth.

Trizap
2009-06-25, 06:35 PM
no......just no..........

just no.........

Zanaril
2009-06-25, 06:36 PM
This is just a delusional dream that Belkar's having while under the MoJ.

holywhippet
2009-06-25, 06:37 PM
My theory, which didn't come true, was that they grabbed the wrong bone golem and ressurected someone else. Roy could have coincidently been raised by someone else at the same time who had the real bone golem.

EmperorSarda
Or a daydream of Roy's. Or an illusion that Eugene did just to be a jerk.

Origomar
That fall to the face did 40d10 points of damage, killing him but Xykon had luckily followed them(using scry and die tactics) used time stop and switched out Roy with an uber disguised golbin/henchmen.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-25, 06:46 PM
Dumb idea, but...
O.K.
Roy was turned into a deathless (kinda like good undead) creature of some homebrewed sort by a ritual done by Redcloak while the MiTD stole an ingredient, mistaking it for some spice, messing up with the ritual. When Roy was brought to life, Xykon cast an epic spell that caused Roy to stay deathless (although X thought Roy was undead, and possibly controllable by him or Redcloak). If you interpret "Dead" as "Not alive", Roy would still be dead.

Crazy ideas, but mine takes the cake. :smallbiggrin: I think.

Belkster11
2009-06-25, 06:47 PM
This is all just a dream Elan's having.

EmperorSarda
2009-06-25, 06:48 PM
Roy encountered Miko on the mountain and got kicked so hard he thinks he is alive.

Belkster11
2009-06-25, 06:48 PM
Miko's soul got into Roy's body, so we may see physical Roy, Miko's possessing him.

In time, she'll come out and it won't be pretty.

Forbiddenwar
2009-06-25, 07:10 PM
Roy is a fictional characher and therefore not alive.

(Damn Literalist mind)

Faramir
2009-06-25, 07:21 PM
Haerta has been following V. When she saw the Resurrection being cast she used an epic necromantic spell to substitute her spirit for Roy's in Roy's body. The spell also gave her all of Roy's knowledge. Roy is now back up on the cloud powerless to warn his friends of Haerta's plot.

Flickerdart
2009-06-25, 07:27 PM
Miko's soul got into Roy's body, so we may see physical Roy, Miko's possessing him.

In time, she'll come out and it won't be pretty.

Haerta has been following V. When she saw the Resurrection being cast she used an epic necromantic spell to substitute her spirit for Roy's in Roy's body. The spell also gave her all of Roy's knowledge. Roy is now back up on the cloud powerless to warn his friends of Haerta's plot.
So it was really a girl making out with Celia?

:smallamused:

Belkster11
2009-06-25, 07:32 PM
Why yes!

Yes, indeedy!

In fact, Roy was-

:roy: GREAT CLEAVE!!!!!

Me: *le diez*

Dixieboy
2009-06-25, 07:32 PM

I approve of that theory. :smallbiggrin:

Cracklord
2009-06-25, 07:38 PM
In fact this entire story is nothing more then Durkon (never kicked out of the dwarven homelands) casting a spell to determine what he should have for breakfast. The answer will be to rashes of bacon, some eggs, some salt and a beer.
Roy never actually existed.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-06-25, 07:54 PM
In fact this entire story is nothing more then Durkon (never kicked out of the dwarven homelands) casting a spell to determine what he should have for breakfast. The answer will be to rashes of bacon, some eggs, some salt and a beer.
Roy never actually existed.

That makes less sense tham saying, "They're playing Call of Cthulu!"

Oh, yeah, we're supposed to came up with wacky ideas.

MickJay
2009-06-25, 08:01 PM
Durkon picked a few levels of Bard and what others see as Roy is just an elaborate illusion; that way, Durkon can simply pocket the diamonds, and we all know dwarves are all greedy. It's perfectly in character for him.

Cracklord
2009-06-25, 10:15 PM
Is it? Durkon has character now?

Optimystik
2009-06-25, 10:21 PM
Durkon picked a few levels of Bard and what others see as Roy is just an elaborate illusion; that way, Durkon can simply pocket the diamonds, and we all know dwarves are all greedy. It's perfectly in character for him.

Is it? Durkon has character now?

Minion, you're on a roll. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter please.

Cracklord
2009-06-25, 10:29 PM
Newsletter?
How about "Dry comments"?

El Chupaqueso
2009-06-25, 10:45 PM
Roy is Jesus in Purgatory. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory)

There. Someone had to say it.

Moose Fisher
2009-06-25, 11:27 PM
Roy was resurrected, but the fall onto his head killed him and his soul-mind will make up all of the following strips in frustrated delusion.

Berserk Monk
2009-06-26, 12:25 AM

Wow. That kind of wins everything.

Morquard
2009-06-26, 01:45 AM
It was all a bad dream, Celia wakes up and sees Roy step out of the shower in Azure City, after New Years Eve...
Oh wait, wrong movie...
:)

NerfTW
2009-06-26, 08:35 AM
It was all a bad dream, Celia wakes up and sees Roy step out of the shower in Azure City, after New Years Eve...
Oh wait, wrong movie...
:)
T.V. Show, actually. /pedantic

homeosapiens
2009-06-26, 08:52 AM
Actually Roy is alive and never died - this is the alternate universe where long runnings subplots get resolved. We should be seeing war for azure city soon.

TheSummoner
2009-06-26, 08:56 AM
It was all a simulation! And I mean all... Roy never even died, everything since the beginning of the battle for Azure City was a simulation of what might happen if Roy tried to take on Xykon by himself.