PDA

View Full Version : [Any Edition] Customizing Character Sheets

Lappy9000
2009-06-25, 06:49 PM
Okay, so I have currently run into a smidge of a dilemma. I'm utilizing a hybrid system between 3.5 and a homebrewed fix (specifically d20: Rebirth), and some aspects have proven to be a bit difficult. In particular, the skills are different, feats have a new function (investiture), and racial charges are introduced.

What I need to know is if there's some way for me to change just the skill section to a character sheet without an insane amount of work (most of the options I've seen require a long time coupled in with a frustrating learning curve).

shadzar
2009-06-26, 08:11 AM
If you use one of the WotC 3.5 sheets you should be able to edit it with a PDF editor. Photoshop and remove the page section and redraw it.

Maybe GiMP can open PDfs for editing?

I am not exactly sure what part of the sheet you are having problems with and what you want done with it.

:smallconfused:

You could always make an HTML sheet.

Jayabalard
2009-06-26, 08:15 AM
Depending on how those PDF sheets are made, you probably can edit it using open office with the Import PDF Plugin.

valadil
2009-06-26, 09:09 AM
I've had good luck using Inkscape to edit pdfs. You may need a pdf to svg converter of some sort though.

Rizban
2009-06-26, 01:57 PM
Open the PDF
Menu option: Tools -> Select&Zoom -> Snapshot Tool
Highlight the page of the character sheet
Paste into MS Paint or something simple
Make your changes
Save and Print