PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate cruel 666 idea

Ted The Bug
2009-06-25, 07:26 PM
Roy.
Dies.
Again.
There's no chance of it happening, but still, that would cause riots.

Belkster11
2009-06-25, 07:35 PM
lol.

I could see it. XD

ROY: OK, gang, today we're going to Kraagor's Gate! Onward!

*Belkar remembers the Oracle's prophecy*

BELKAR: Hold up a minute, Roy.

SPLURTCH!

ROY: x_x

BELKAR: Yes!!!! The Oracle's prophecy has come true!!! (completly destroys Roy's body so there is no way anything less than a spell that can create the body from nothing will do the trick)

(Remember, he doesn't know he killed the oracle, fulfilling the prophecy already.)

dps
2009-06-25, 07:59 PM
Actually, the worst thing I can imagine happening in the next strip would be a Michael Jackson tribute. I'd rather see an Ed McMahon tribute, even.

derfenrirwolv
2009-06-25, 08:30 PM
One of the fiends cashes in V's check, V turns to Roy "QUickened magic missle.. disintigrate!"

stevekgoodwin
2009-06-25, 08:35 PM
Nah, it'll be a completely random cut away, maybe Milk Dude The Sequel, or demon roaches having a chat, or YEAH! More Readers Letters.

archon_huskie
2009-06-25, 09:03 PM
One of the fiends cashes in V's check, V turns to Roy "QUickened magic missle.. disintigrate!" V will be all, why are you wearing my cloak around your waist?

OH DEAR GODS! KEEP IT!! KEEP IT!

Red XIV
2009-06-25, 09:04 PM
lol.

I could see it. XD

ROY: OK, gang, today we're going to Kraagor's Gate! Onward!

*Belkar remembers the Oracle's prophecy*

BELKAR: Hold up a minute, Roy.

SPLURTCH!

ROY: x_x

BELKAR: Yes!!!! The Oracle's prophecy has come true!!! (completly destroys Roy's body so there is no way anything less than a spell that can create the body from nothing will do the trick)

(Remember, he doesn't know he killed the oracle, fulfilling the prophecy already.)
You seem to be forgetting that Belkar is the lowest-level member of the Order.

NeonRonin
2009-06-25, 09:15 PM
You seem to be forgetting that Belkar is the lowest-level member of the Order.

Actually, without a True Resurrection, Roy may be low man right now. A True Resurrection, IIRC, brings you back without level loss, but I think Roy got the standard model Res. And the others have been leveling over the last 4 months or so, so now Roy may need to play catch-up.

If my memory of divine spell descriptors is awry, someone please correct me, but that's what I can recall.

Random832
2009-06-25, 09:28 PM
Actually, without a True Resurrection, Roy may be low man right now. A True Resurrection, IIRC, brings you back without level loss, but I think Roy got the standard model Res. And the others have been leveling over the last 4 months or so, so now Roy may need to play catch-up.

If my memory of divine spell descriptors is awry, someone please correct me, but that's what I can recall.

You're correct. And for the future, there are many (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Resurrection) convenient (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/resurrection.htm) references (http://dmreference.com/SRD/Magic/Spells/P-R/Resurrection.htm) for core rules.

ABB
2009-06-25, 10:34 PM
{Scrubbed}

Cracklord
2009-06-25, 10:38 PM
Really? I was hoping he'd stop these damn filler strips and let us know what happened in the cinema.
Did they dispose of him in the convenient bins? Will we ever know? The suspense is killing me...

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-25, 10:43 PM
Roy.
Dies.
Again.
There's no chance of it happening, but still, that would cause riots.

I would lead an angry mob to his door. Who'd like to sign up for my hypothetical mob? :smallamused::smalltongue:

Brauley
2009-06-25, 10:44 PM
I see it now

Roy: Here we go guys!
*Falls over and rolls off cliff*
Elan: DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Optimystik
2009-06-25, 10:46 PM
I would lead an angry mob to his door. Who'd like to sign up for my hypothetical mob? :smallamused::smalltongue:

I would, but I'm still hoping it will happen and that Fiend-V will be responsible :smalltongue:

hotgamerchick
2009-06-25, 11:09 PM
{Scrubbed}

Rinquist
2009-06-25, 11:14 PM
Really? I was hoping he'd stop these damn filler strips and let us know what happened in the cinema.
Did they dispose of him in the convenient bins? Will we ever know? The suspense is killing me...

Made of win.

How long has it been since Milk Dudes was killed? We need closure!

triple zero
2009-06-25, 11:20 PM
{Scrubbed}

ABB
2009-06-25, 11:22 PM
{Scrubbed}

ABB
2009-06-25, 11:25 PM
{Scrubbed}

Corwin Weber
2009-06-25, 11:25 PM
** the party is standing around, glad that Roy is raised and they're together again **

Roy: So, I want to get started on this as soon as possible. We'll take a very short time to make sure the Azurites are all settle-

Haley: What's that? ** points up **

** two odd white shapes are streaking toward the party at amazing speed. As they approach, the party realizes that the shapes are the Flumphs. **

First Flumph: ** barely comprehensible obscenities, drool, and the clanging together of wicked looking blades. **

Second Flumph: Noooo..... you can't.... I mean.... JUST RUN I CAN'T HOLD HIM BACK PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS JUST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red XIV
2009-06-25, 11:48 PM

Roy was at a higher level than the rest of the Order beforehand. And he's earned at least some XP while he was dead.

Random832
2009-06-25, 11:49 PM
** the party is standing around, glad that Roy is raised and they're together again **

Roy: So, I want to get started on this as soon as possible. We'll take a very short time to make sure the Azurites are all settle-

** two odd white shapes are streaking toward the party at amazing speed. As they approach, the party realizes that the shapes are the Flumphs. **

First Flumph: ** barely comprehensible obscenities, drool, and the clanging together of wicked looking blades. **

Second Flumph: Noooo..... you can't.... I mean.... JUST RUN I CAN'T HOLD HIM BACK PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS JUST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Flumphs were supposed to be Always Lawful Good...

Optimystik
2009-06-26, 12:21 AM

Actually, I thought Roy would be the one charging the Flumphs with murder in his eyes.

mskkid
2009-06-26, 12:23 AM
I thought Flumphs were supposed to be Always Lawful Good...
Perhaps... but they are outdated 2nd Edition monsters anyway so perhaps they don't have to follow the rules anymore. Also getting fallen on that many times could potentially get them to change alignment.

Forbiddenwar
2009-06-26, 12:23 AM
Cruelist #666 idea:
No 666 strip.
A news post informing all of us the the Order of the stick is over due to the death(suicede) of Rich Burlew.

EyethatBinds
2009-06-26, 12:33 AM
Xykon teleports in and TPK's the party. Game Over.

Rich did say he had a definite conclusion to the comic in mind that would leave no loose ends.

Corwin Weber
2009-06-26, 12:44 AM
Cruelist #666 idea:
No 666 strip.
A news post informing all of us the the Order of the stick is over due to the death(suicede) of Rich Burlew.

No, that'd be too obviously a jo- .......

That's it.

I've got it.

The next comic will be 667.

No notes. No explanations. No nothing. He's just going to skip that number.

TheSummoner
2009-06-26, 12:49 AM
{Scrubbed}
I want this to happen. Maybe extend it with a Thriller style dance montage ending with Qarr killing Jackson (again) saying how very annoying he was getiting...

Vash_Stampede
2009-06-26, 01:11 AM
I want this to happen. Maybe ...
Canīt say I loved the man, but I think the flaming here is undeserved, cut it and be ashamed :smallyuk:

EDIT: shortened the quote part...

RdMarquis
2009-06-26, 01:16 AM

Actually, I'd like to be one of the few stalwart defenders throwing Macguyvered weapons at you from behind a makeshift barricade. Nothing personal, I've just always wanted to face off against an angry mob in a siege situation. :smallwink:

Nevadie
2009-06-26, 01:19 AM
{Scrubbed}

Jeez people, he's dead. You may not like how he's been recently. But he did once make some pretty good music. So have a little respect for the dead or at least the old Micheal if you cant muster that simple curtsy.

HealthKit
2009-06-26, 01:24 AM
Maybe nothing evil will happen at all with the comic ending with one of the character's breaking the fourth wall and going out of their way to make note of it.

Ala #100 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0100.html#) and #600 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0600.html#).

Meh, probably not.

Morquard
2009-06-26, 01:31 AM
I would...

But hey I can see it. And in the last panel Durkon said "Whew, thank Thor I prepared two Resurrections today. And Haleys Diamond was worth 10k so I still have half of it"
(Yes, I know thats not how it works and the entire diamond would be gone, but hey Rich more than once mangled DnD rules :) )

In the afterlife:
Eugene: Well done son, even a wizard couldn't have been back faster.

Optimystik
2009-06-26, 01:35 AM
Jeez people, he's dead. You may not like how he's been recently. But he did once make some pretty good music. So have a little respect for the dead or at least the old Micheal if you cant muster that simple curtsy.

Report him and move on, by quoting it you just make more work for the moderators.

derfenrirwolv
2009-06-26, 03:23 AM
Re: the choir: Stop stealing ideas from my brain!

Pronounceable
2009-06-26, 04:21 AM
Reader mail would be awesome beyond words. Alas, I don't see the Giant doing it anytime soon, if ever again.

ABB
2009-06-26, 04:22 AM
{Scrubbed}

RMS Oceanic
2009-06-26, 07:10 AM
I have an even crueler idea...

The next strip is numbered 667. It's called "Yeah, I skipped it, wanna fight about it?"

73 Bits of Lint
2009-06-26, 08:15 AM
The bigger sin is that it's not even funny. The "gag" is tired, it's cliched, it lacks even the barest, faint spark of vivacity or originality.

Whoever, suggested skipping #666, that would be funny. Then Rich could promise the strip as bonus content in whatever the next book is, only to have it be a three panel shot of an entirely empty room with no explanation.

ArcadiaGM
2009-06-26, 08:21 AM
Its a shame that it is too soon for O-Chul et alia to begin the in-comic discussion about the nature of the MITD, 'cause I've got an awesome title for the strip:

#666: Penumbra of the Beast

Roland St. Jude
2009-06-26, 08:22 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: We're not doing 666 threads, as noted many times in many thread lockings before.