PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-25, 10:53 PM
Ok, all the forum members have been talking about the soul splices as if the fiends can take over V at any time.

I was under the impression that they would each have V for a while after she died.

Was there, like, a specific line that contradicts this? Is it just a matter of popular opinion, like V's gender and the mitd's creature type?

Help me out here.

blackspeeker
2009-06-25, 10:55 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0656.html

In the third to last panel it sounds like they need V to be alive for their plan to work.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-25, 10:57 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0656.html

In the third to last panel it sounds like they need V to be alive for their plan to work.

But that could mean a whole load of different things, though. Not just the soul-owning.

Darius1020
2009-06-25, 10:57 PM
i think its generally assumed that they want to use him to take a gate, so they wouldn't make a deal based on waiting for him to die

Porthos
2009-06-25, 11:02 PM
Ok, all the forum members have been talking about the soul splices as if the fiends can take over V at any time.

I was under the impression that they would each have V for a while after she died.

Was there, like, a specific line that contradicts this? Is it just a matter of popular opinion, like V's gender and the mitd's creature type?

Help me out here.

It's never been stated outright, no. However it is a tad suspicious that every time that V made a statement about being dead before the IFCC could collect their debt, the IFCC hurridly changed the subject.

Basically we're a suspicious bunch (and a tad more suspicious than V, apparently). :smallwink:

Well, that and the fact that the Gates are a big huge blinking Chekhov's Neon Sign. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2009-06-25, 11:08 PM
It's never been stated outright, no. However it is a tad suspicious that every time that V made a statement about being dead before the IFCC could collect their debt, the IFCC hurridly changed the subject.

Basically we're a suspicious bunch (and a tad more suspicious than V, apparently). :smallwink:

Well, that and the fact that the Gates are a big huge blinking Chekhov's Neon Sign. :smalltongue:

That have more or less been labeled as such by the characters.

SadisticFishing
2009-06-25, 11:11 PM

So was he.

I believe we were all mislead >:[ think about it, though.. why would three powerful fiends give some random elf wizard ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER for an hour of time with his soul?

An hour of Gate, time, on the other hand...

Which seems more profitable? :D

Porthos
2009-06-25, 11:23 PM
Here's the other thing, Belkar=awesome:

What does having V's soul for (approximately) an hour in total once he's dead actually get the IFCC.

I'll tell you what it gets them: Jack and Squat. :smallwink:

Sure they get their jollies playing with it in the afterlife. But evil souls aren't exactly in short supply, if you know what I mean. :smalltongue: And, sure, V could become so corrupted by this deal that he eventually turns evil. Which would mean that they get his soul forever.

But lets presume that he doesn't permanently flip to the Dark Side. On a pure Inlay/Outlay outlook, the fiends are on the extreme short end of the stick. After all, V got to use three extremely powerful Epic Souls to do whatever he wanted. In return, the IFCC gets a mid-high level wizard (depending on how powerful he is when he dies) for a few minutes.

Not. Proportionate. At. All.

Even that mumbo-jumbo about proving the IFCC has a good business model really doesn't stand up to scrutiny, as they could have just given V any old Epic character to help deal with the IFCC. As it is, they went waaaaay overboard.

And the only reason to do that is to A) Get V not to think about the deal too closely, coz it's just so good and B) They expect to get something really good in the future out of this deal.

And since we know that the IFCC knows about the Gates.... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0380.html)

Well, it's simply a matter of adding two and two together. :smallwink:

So was he.

I believe we were all mislead >

As I have the (not very large, I admit) honor to being the first person on this board to comment on this potential loophole*, all I have to say is:

Speak For Yourself. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5807384&postcount=8) :smalltongue:

Spelling out of my reasoning only a few minutes later. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5807457&postcount=26)

* BTW: I fully realize that this wasn't exactly a hard observation to make. But at least I was the first one to post it. :smalltongue:

SadisticFishing
2009-06-25, 11:34 PM
I dunno, I wasn't on the forums as much until a bit back :D

I find it became obvious(ish) when they said they needed him not to die.

rainbowjo
2009-06-25, 11:56 PM
Right now its all rumor and hearsay, people assume that the fiends want V to assume that its after death, but that detail was never stated, so no one knows.
What we do know is that The Giant will do it in a completely unexpected way and surprise all of us, like he always does.