PDA

View Full Version : Akuma, Sorcery and Martial Arts

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-26, 04:57 AM
What is the truth about akuma's access to sorcery and martial arts, exacty? The chapter 2 of the Infernals book states that they only access both as if they were one step higher and being an akuma does not grant access to Sidereal Martial Arts. Then chapter 5 says they gain access to all circles of sorcery and that it does, in fact, grant Lunars access to Sidereal Martial Arts. Which one is the officially correct one?

BobVosh
2009-06-26, 06:07 AM
What is the truth about akuma's access to sorcery and martial arts, exacty? The chapter 2 of the Infernals book states that they only access both as if they were one step higher and being an akuma does not grant access to Sidereal Martial Arts. Then chapter 5 says they gain access to all circles of sorcery and that it does, in fact, grant Lunars access to Sidereal Martial Arts. Which one is the officially correct one?

Lunars? Eh? Anyway, Akumas as a offshoot of solars can learn Sidereal Martial Arts. Technically. Good luck finding a sifu.

Also in 1ed (unsure about 2ed) Lunars couldn't learn SMA. Short of the spirit charm that teaches any ability, but then you have to find someone with both.

afroakuma
2009-06-26, 06:38 AM
Oh. *phew* I thought this was about me. :smalltongue:

I suspect this isn't about D&D... regardless, you should edit the topic title to signal which game and edition it is for.

Yora
2009-06-26, 06:53 AM
Thought the same. What is this about?

Xefas
2009-06-26, 06:56 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and guess Exalted. I'm actually reading through the core book (and a few others when I can get my hands on them from people at my local hobby shop) and it seems very fascinating.

afroakuma
2009-06-26, 06:58 AM
That's what I guessed as well, but non-D&D threads see more meaningful discussion when people know while glancing around what game is being discussed.

OP: Double-click the thread title in the RPG board and it should convert to a text entry box. Alternately, Edit your first post and change the topic title by adding [Exalted] or whatever.

kamikasei
2009-06-26, 07:00 AM
It's definitely Exalted, but might benefit from having 1e or 2e in the title.

Lochar
2009-06-26, 07:12 AM
All Akuma gain access to one sorcery level higher than they normally could.

Dragonblood get Celestial Sorcery, Sidereal and Lunar get Solar Sorcery.

Dragonblood can learn CMA without Enlightmentment charms, and Lunars that have MA as favored can learn SMA with an instructor.

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-26, 08:02 AM
All Akuma gain access to one sorcery level higher than they normally could.

That's what I thought, but Chapter 5 states that all akuma, as part of their initiation, gain the potential to access all circles of sorcery. Chapter 2 agrees with you, but it does say akumas cannot learn Sidereal Martial Arts unless they already could, which is not the case for any Lunar.

I tend towards the Chapter 5's ruling, as it does fit with my vision of the future of Creation (and the future of Mnemon), and it will probably be the way I will rule it, but I want to know what the official ruling is.

OverdrivePrime
2009-06-26, 08:54 AM
Whew! I thought someone was trying to create Akuma as a Jade Phoenix Mage.
http://digilander.libero.it/wysiwyg/Images/Akuma.gif

Ya know, except for the whole "must be non-evil" thing, it could kinda work.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Exalted discussion.

Yuki Akuma
2009-06-26, 09:19 AM
All The Rose Dragon talks about is Exalted. Even in D&D threads. It shouldn't come as a surprise when he makes a thread about Exalted. :P

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-26, 09:33 AM
All The Rose Dragon talks about is Exalted. Even in D&D threads. It shouldn't come as a surprise when he makes a thread about Exalted. :P

Or Unisystem. Or Mutants & Masterminds.

Wait, you been stalking me or something, my good sir? Don't make me pull my Glorious Solar Restriction Order!

afroakuma
2009-06-26, 09:34 AM
Well, that's both forum Akumas that I know of making appearances. Are there any more? :smallbiggrin:

KillianHawkeye
2009-06-26, 09:34 AM
Pffft, everybody knows that Akuma's strongest technique is the Shun Goku Satsu, also known as the Raging Demon!!! :smallbiggrin:

Yuki Akuma
2009-06-26, 09:38 AM
Or Unisystem. Or Mutants & Masterminds.

Wait, you been stalking me or something, my good sir? Don't make me pull my Glorious Solar Restriction Order!

Serenity In Blood. I parry your restriction order.

Yes.

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-26, 09:54 AM
Social attack. If you can still parry it, I have another custom Charm, Efficiency of Courts Understanding, that allows me to make up to (Essence) Investigation-based social attacks with no penalties. Surely one of the three attacks will get through.