PDA

View Full Version : I love Rich's quirky little details.

ZerglingOne
2009-06-26, 05:58 AM
Like in our most recent comic, you may be asking yourself, where did Roy get the red towel? The answer: Right off of V's back. I laughed so hard when I realized he jacked V's cloak to use as a towel.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-26, 06:50 AM
Nice catch! I wondered about that...

tanis
2009-06-26, 07:02 AM
I loved Elan quote "You're invisible!" referring to a very old strip where Elan thought that being naked means to be invisible to monsters... :smallbiggrin:

Snake-Aes
2009-06-26, 07:03 AM
Was it? We only see V's arm in the whole strip.

The Blackbird
2009-06-26, 07:11 AM
Was it? We only see V's arm in the whole strip.

Ya it is, it even has all the little symbol rune things if you look.

Kalbron
2009-06-26, 07:18 AM
I think this makes V's transition to full blown chewtoy status complete. He hasn't had much/any luck for the past 664 strips, and for your cloak to be wrenched off your paralyzed back and used as a loin-cloth for a recently dead man while your friends celebrate as you lay there helpless... if he had any pride or self-esteem left, I'm certain this got rid of it.

Ytaker
2009-06-26, 07:19 AM
Low will saves suck. I wouldn't want to wear that cloak after that.

BHodges3
2009-06-26, 07:45 AM
Am I the only one that can't stop looking at Roy's torso and thinking it is saying "oooooh". Spooky.

jzimbert
2009-06-26, 02:10 PM
Am I the only one that can't stop looking at Roy's torso and thinking it is saying "oooooh". Spooky.His nipples are definitely freaking me out.

someonenonotyou
2009-06-26, 02:16 PM
His nipples are definitely freaking me out.

ME too they keep staring at me:smalleek:

Kaytara
2009-06-26, 02:17 PM
I think this makes V's transition to full blown chewtoy status complete. He hasn't had much/any luck for the past 664 strips, and for your cloak to be wrenched off your paralyzed back and used as a loin-cloth for a recently dead man while your friends celebrate as you lay there helpless... if he had any pride or self-esteem left, I'm certain this got rid of it.

On the plus side, the ways in which V has been demeaned have gone from astronomical (ABD attack, "She's in Greysky City", etc.) to ridiculously trivial and hilarious. It can't get much more trivial than this. So it should probably stop soon. XD V's streak of chewtoy-ness is just trying to get some final punches in before it finally dissipates. XD

Teddy
2009-06-26, 02:18 PM
I say it isn't V's cloak (or that there is an artistic error). There are two curved lines that belonges to the cloak on V in every panel where V is present (se previous comic for reference), and the cloak is paralyzed with V, thus imposible to remove without slashing damage.

Random832
2009-06-26, 02:27 PM
the cloak is paralyzed with V, thus imposible to remove without slashing damage.

Not how Hold Person works.

torugo
2009-06-26, 02:28 PM
Well....what about LITTLE full frontal? From where I come from, that little would be interpreted to little p@#is. Dont know how Belkar didn't take the chance to mock on him ^^

snoopy13a
2009-06-26, 02:34 PM
Well....what about LITTLE full frontal? From where I come from, that little would be interpreted to little p@#is. Dont know how Belkar didn't take the chance to mock on him ^^

Haley didn't exactly look impressed.

Teddy
2009-06-26, 02:35 PM
Not how Hold Person works.

Well, the cloak was stuck in its "running position" when Elan and Haley was carrying V. It should have been dragged along the ground thanks to gravity.

rty275@comcast.
2009-06-26, 04:25 PM
in the third to last panel it shows the towel on roy and the cloak on vaarsuvius, thus it is impossible for roy to have vaarsuvius' cloak

Shadowbane
2009-06-26, 04:27 PM
You are seeing V's robe.

Venedlor
2009-06-26, 04:34 PM
in the third to last panel it shows the towel on roy and the cloak on vaarsuvius, thus it is impossible for roy to have vaarsuvius' cloak

I just looked and I do not see it. All we see of V is hir head and one arm.

Berserk Monk
2009-06-26, 05:17 PM
Only thing worst than someone using your cloak as a towel is someone using your skull as a chamber pot. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0469.html)

Thanatos 51-50
2009-06-26, 05:22 PM

I'm assuming she's looking at the arrow wound.

SadisticFishing
2009-06-26, 05:23 PM

I don't think I agree. She looked horrified.

Kish
2009-06-26, 05:24 PM
I'm assuming she's looking at the arrow wound.
What arrow wound?

(No, don't link where Haley shot Roy. I'm not saying I don't remember it. I'm saying that Roy's decomposed body just got recreated from his skull, so why would there be an arrow wound there?)

Thanatos 51-50
2009-06-26, 05:28 PM
No, don't link where Haley shot Roy. I'm not saying I don't remember it. I'm saying that Roy's decomposed body just got recreated from his skull, so why would there be an arrow wound there?

I'm assuming this because it's funny to me.
Forget mechanics and what logically just happened, to me, I'm imaging a hole the size and shape of a broadhead arrow through the Trouser Titan.
I find this hilarious.

texascarl
2009-06-26, 05:36 PM
It has to be pretty chilly coming back from the dead, naked and all. Shrinkage might be an issue. Or maybe he's not quite done resurecting yet, maybe he needs another diamond to form a diamond cutter.

Or...maybe there's a psychological reason why he carries the biggest sword. I'm just saying.

JonestheSpy
2009-06-26, 05:42 PM
It has to be pretty chilly coming back from the dead, naked and all. Shrinkage might be an issue.

That would also explain why his nipples are so prominent.

Speaking of little details, I had to go back and see if Elan's showed up back in the dungeon. Yep, there they were - makes sense it'd be chilly down there too...

Raging Gene Ray
2009-06-26, 06:11 PM
It could have been worse for V. Roy could have stripped hir naked and be fully clothed in V's outfit.

Faceist
2009-06-26, 06:29 PM
It has to be pretty chilly coming back from the dead, naked and all. Shrinkage might be an issue. Or maybe he's not quite done resurecting yet, maybe he needs another diamond to form a diamond cutter.

Or...maybe there's a psychological reason why he carries the biggest sword. I'm just saying.Or maybe she's horrified because it's way bigger than Elans. 18 charisma counts for nothing "under the hood" after all, it seems. :smalltongue:

choie
2009-06-26, 07:41 PM
It has to be pretty chilly coming back from the dead, naked and all. Shrinkage might be an issue.

It shrinks?

.... I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

RebelT
2009-06-26, 08:12 PM
Speaking of details, I particularly like that Roy's brain is formed inside his head and can be seen through his eye sockets in the 3rd panel.

Great detail.

RebelT
2009-06-26, 08:13 PM
Oh, and as far as the full frontal, it would've been much more amusing had there been a Borat-style black bar that reached to his knees instead of the blur.

EmperorSarda
2009-06-26, 08:27 PM
It shrinks?

Very carefully. Very very carefully. I'd tell you, but it is a trade secret that most fathers pass down onto their sons. Girls aren't allowed to know.

Vorpal Soda
2009-06-29, 02:06 PM
It shrinks?

If you mean how do we physically move about with it, then the answer is that, well, since it shrinks quite a bit when not needed(usually), as long as the trousers are of normal tightness for men's clothing, it's not usually a problem.

If you mean how do we handle the shame of having the focus of our pride constantly going small, well, it's usually concealed when that happens, and nobody is allowed to see it.

Okay, I have no idea why I decided to explain that...

Optimystik
2009-06-29, 02:23 PM

Or...maybe there's a psychological reason why he carries the biggest sword. I'm just saying.

Origin:
When Roy is walking back to his room in his underwear after being hoisted up the flagpole by BAB fraternity, girls shout to him "Hey Greenhilt! Nice dagger!" One hopes that it was cold outside. :smallwink:

Meg
2009-06-29, 03:13 PM
I agree, the strip is amazingly detailed. Can we talk about something other than Roy's junk, please?

Poppy Appletree
2009-06-29, 03:23 PM
I agree, the strip is amazingly detailed. Can we talk about something other than Roy's junk, please?

How about we talk about Hinjo's junk instead, then? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0418.html) :smallbiggrin:

Zanaril
2009-06-29, 03:40 PM
Hey, maybe since the Azurites have sufficient fortifications to go into, Hinjo will give his junk to the Order to ride to the mainland?

Optimystik
2009-06-29, 03:42 PM
Hey, maybe since the Azurites have sufficient fortifications to go into, Hinjo will give his junk to the Order to ride to the mainland?

I'm sure riding Hinjo's junk would be a nice change of pace for theI'm going to just stop right here...

Darius1020
2009-06-29, 03:47 PM
It shrinks?

lol, awesome seinfeld reference, good stuff

Zanaril
2009-06-29, 03:59 PM
I'm sure riding Hinjo's junk would be a nice change of pace for theI'm going to just stop right here...

Well it would certainly get them moving.

This will be the last post like this, honestly.

Cleverdan22
2009-06-29, 06:05 PM

Because you interpreted the sentence wrong. "A little full frontal" was referring to the amount of time they were viewing the Trouser Titan, not its length.

But getting back on topic, I'm pretty sure there have been a few threads like this before, but I like the comment of Belkar's that "Ogres make a satisfying 'thud' when they hit the ground." Several comics later, Belkar kills an ogre, it hits the ground with a 'thud,' prompting Belkar to say "Ahhh...there it is."

Bibliomancer
2009-06-29, 06:18 PM
An excellent detail is O'chul thanking Belakr in comic 666, thus resolving the forum debate from earlier about whether or not O'chul would to mad. I thought it was very in character for him.

dps
2009-06-29, 06:35 PM
Speaking of details, I particularly like that Roy's brain is formed inside his head

It would have been unfortunate if it formed outside his head. :smallbiggrin:

Elfin
2009-06-29, 07:41 PM
It shrinks?

:smalltongue:hahahaha Seinfeld never gets old.