PDA

View Full Version : Martial Heroes 4

shadzar
2009-06-26, 07:24 AM
Is it just me or is everything in 4th edition getting big hooters like in the older days?

I mean guys in RPG artwork can have pecks and all that, but it seems often cases there is a be of depravity going on with designers maybe causing much of the new artwork and minis to have even males with mammary glands such as it seems the new male tiefling has that are larger than the human female in the same set.

Do our RPG artists spend too much time looking at one specific type of subject and miss out on the detail for the other gender?

Are there other games that seem to have this type of unintended cross-over anatomy in the artwork depictions or just D&D? :smallconfused:

Or is this particular tiefling wearing the infamous girdle?

EDIT: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20090626a

May or may not be DDI subscriber only content.

Kaiyanwang
2009-06-26, 07:42 AM
Forgive me because I could be harshly..

You know, there are lot of times you can catch me bashing 4th edition, but..

Don't you think that before starting a thread, one should take a long breath, relax, see if it's the case, and then write?

Jayabalard
2009-06-26, 07:55 AM
Don't you think that before starting a thread, one should take a long breath, relax, see if it's the case, and then write?I haven't seen it myself, but he seems to be making a fairly clear complaint about a specific picture. If you think he's wrong, then a "no those aren't boobs on a male tiefling" will do just fine.

shadzar
2009-06-26, 08:02 AM
I haven't seen it myself, but he seems to be making a fairly clear complaint about a specific picture. If you think he's wrong, then a "no those aren't boobs on a male tiefling" will do just fine.

Not sure if it was subscriber only DDI material because I didn't try to view it on my machine yet and not a subscriber so didn't provide a link, just in case. But yes, it is an article from today's release schedule about the new minis, and otherwise there were pictures in 4th books that show some questionable appendages on males that seem to be more fatty content than muscle. As you put it....man boobs on this particular tiefling, as well as some other art. Is it only D&D, or other RPGs suffering from this?

Being a minis person, I pick up on these things a bit quicker, than maybe I should in both minis and printed art. :smallconfused:

I will check and provide the lin to the article above, and if it is subscriber only, I can't really do anything to help anyone with it.

Tiki Snakes
2009-06-26, 08:07 AM
Um. Yeah, I think you're hallucinating boobs, Shad. It's just your standard bronze-breastplate thingy. Certainly giving the impression of a pretty buff tiefling, compared to the usual, but nothing gender-bending about it.

And I can't say I've noticed anything of the sort across the DnD art catalogue, either, 4th ed or otherwise.

shadzar
2009-06-26, 08:20 AM
Um. Yeah, I think you're hallucinating boobs, Shad. It's just your standard bronze-breastplate thingy. Certainly giving the impression of a pretty buff tiefling, compared to the usual, but nothing gender-bending about it.

And I can't say I've noticed anything of the sort across the DnD art catalogue, either, 4th ed or otherwise.

Must be the new tiefling style then, cause the previous ones and images were a bit different.

Tiki Snakes
2009-06-26, 08:22 AM
Must be the new tiefling style then, cause the previous ones and images were a bit different.

I think it's just because it's one of those ornate, moulded breastplates. You know, pseudo-greek?

http://www.sharpblades.net/uimg/cuirass.jpg
Think Bat-nipples.

KIDS
2009-06-26, 09:00 AM
Yep, the first thing it reminded me of was hoplite breastplate, not anything feminine.

shadzar
2009-06-26, 09:13 AM
:smallfurious: They need to learn to highlight and shadows these minis then!

Had to get a magnifying glass up to the screen to see the half-plate that it was over the chainmail.

This is why when working with minis it is always a good idea to have a spare set of fresh eyes to look over anything you do....but still the artwork shows the same...must be some off about the new teifling art then now that this mini has been figure out by better eyes than mine. :smalltongue:

(Still think his waist is a bit small...but that is a different problem with this minis)

Thanks for the extra eyes on these things! :smallredface:

Tiki Snakes
2009-06-26, 10:24 AM
:smallfurious: They need to learn to highlight and shadows these minis then!

It's metallic paint? Not crazy highlighting.
Also, if you're having trouble making out detail, just hold ctrl and scroll your mouse-wheel, enlarges everything nice and easy. :)

Kurald Galain
2009-06-26, 10:29 AM
Most Common Super Power (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MostCommonSuperPower)

shadzar
2009-06-26, 10:45 AM
It's metallic paint? Not crazy highlighting.
Also, if you're having trouble making out detail, just hold ctrl and scroll your mouse-wheel, enlarges everything nice and easy. :)

:smallconfused: The words got real tiny, then real big. Images didn't change.

Oh well, Its figured out now, and just another example for WotC to show bigger pictures.

Yeah they don't use NMM, they actually use metal flake paint to get the metal look.

Tiki Snakes
2009-06-26, 11:03 AM
Maybe it's just firefox that does that, then. Ah well, you learn something (irrelevant) every-day, I guess. :)

shadzar
2009-06-26, 11:15 AM
Maybe it's just firefox that does that, then. Ah well, you learn something (irrelevant) every-day, I guess. :)

:smalleek: But I AM using Firefox.

Maybe I got something screwy going on with it and need the latest 3.x beta candidate to fix it....but I don't trust all them beta candidates.

I prefer a "stable" release.

Asbestos
2009-06-26, 11:35 AM
I'm curious as to what 4e art you're referring to Shadzar. Can you think of any book in particular that has the moobs?

shadzar
2009-06-26, 11:45 AM
I'm curious as to what 4e art you're referring to Shadzar. Can you think of any book in particular that has the moobs?

Would have to borrow them again and wont be til next weekend til I can.

Maybe was on the DDI image galleries as well, but the WotC website is poorly designed for finding anything intuitively, nobody could pay me enough to search back through for all the galleries in it.

erikun
2009-06-26, 12:05 PM
I will admit, it looks like there is an unusual "fold" in the Tiefling's armor. Nothing to suggest mammaries, though.

What's wrong with the female warlord? Is it that she doesn't have torpedo-boobies sticking a half-foot out of her chest? :smallyuk: Contrary to what is apparently popular opinion, some of us think that women in semirealistic armor is the hawt. (http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-01/s3-chris.html)

shadzar
2009-06-26, 01:33 PM
That may have been what done it for me looking again at them. The tiefling has bigger protrusions that the human, and that just seems strange. :smalleek: