PDA

View Full Version : Monk weapons

Origomar
2009-06-26, 01:21 PM
I made some weapons for monk, and changed existing ones to make them more useful

Name-Siangham
Type-light weapon
Damage-1d6
Threat-x3
Bonus's-none
Special-none
(all i changed is it's threat so its basically the exact same thing as a hand axe but you can flurry with it)

Name-Whip chain(new)
Type-light weapon
Damage 1d4
Threat-x2
Bonus's-none
Special-Can be used to trip, has reach, but can still affect adjacent targets and can be used(by monk only) while prone without penalties.
(new, or as far as i know new, i only have access to core books)

Name-Nunchaku
Type-light weapon
Damage- 1d6
Threat-x2
Bonus's-+2 to disarming
Special- When attempting a disarm, this weapon is treated as a one handed weapon not a light weapon.(to overcome the -4 light weapon penalty)

Name-Sai
Type-light weapon
Damage-1d4
Threat-x2
Bonus's-+4 to disarming
Special-When attempting a disarm, this weapon is treated as a one handed weapon not a light weapon.(to overcome the -4 light weapon penalty)
(you can't throw it anymore)

Name- Kusurigama(new, used to be kama)
Type-(see text below)
Damage-1d6/1d2
Threat-x2
Bonus's-+2 to tripping with the chain end of the weapon
Special- This weapon is held in two hands, with two different ends of the weapon, but you never have the ability to attack with both weapons at the same time. The first end, the kama end can be used to make trip attacks and does 1d6 damage. The chain end has reach and cannot be used against adjacent targets, it gets a +2 to trip attempts and does 1d2 damage, when attacking.

Name-Twink hook sword(new)
Type- light
Damage-1d6
Threat-x2
Bonus's none
Special-If you choose to dual weild, as a move action you can choose to combine the blades, as a move action and they temporarily become a reach weapon, doing 2d6 damage and are treated as a two handed weapon for purposes of damage.http://www.spike.com/video/sneak-peek-twin/3169336 (this is where i got the idea for the weapon :smallbiggrin:)

Al-Ashrad
2009-06-26, 07:45 PM
Name-Sai
Type-light weapon
Damage-1d4
Threat-x2
Bonus's-+4 to disarming
Special-When attempting a disarm, this weapon is treated as a one handed weapon not a light weapon.(to overcome the -4 light weapon penalty)
(you can't throw it anymore)

(emphasis added in quote)

Someone hasn't seen "The Octagon".

Origomar
2009-06-26, 09:41 PM
(emphasis added in quote)

Someone hasn't seen "The Octagon".

You mean the arena where the UFC fights O.o?

Al-Ashrad
2009-06-26, 11:36 PM
You mean the arena where the UFC fights O.o?

No, it's a fairly bad film from the 80's featuring Chuck Norris (although I know that description doesn't narrow it down at all). In it some guy throws a sai during a demonstration.