PDA

View Full Version : battlefield Heroes

Holammer
2009-06-26, 05:04 PM
The beta went public (http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/) in a "soft launch" of the game. It is a bit screwy in places and the matchmaking bugs drove me crazy at first, but it's getting pretty solid now.

I found it rather amusing, but find out for yourself. There are some glaring design problems like the uselessness of the planes which are sadly best for disposable transportation.
Needs a few more maps too.

Mando Knight
2009-06-26, 07:16 PM
The beta went public (http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/) in a "soft launch" of the game. It is a bit screwy in places and the matchmaking bugs drove me crazy at first, but it's getting pretty solid now.

I found it rather amusing, but find out for yourself. There are some glaring design problems like the uselessness of the planes which are sadly best for disposable transportation.
Needs a few more maps too.

Hey. When I joined the beta, we only had two maps, and we liked it. :smalltongue:

I think the game's the best parody of WWII ever made... and doesn't totally disrespect the original while it's at it.

1dominator
2009-06-26, 10:25 PM
Well Ive downloaded it, created a commando, and for the last hour have been unable to join any games, keeps telling me no servers were found. Is this the glitch you were referring to? Is it something on my end that I need to fix before it lets me join games?

Mando Knight
2009-06-26, 10:33 PM
The problem was in the RC as well... try logging in at different times of the day, until you get to a decent level. The system seems less likely to deny you a game once you're at a higher level.

ShadowFighter15
2009-06-27, 12:03 AM
Would I be right in assuming there aren't that many aussie servers running? Because, sadly; it wouldn't surprise me.

Verruckt
2009-06-27, 02:26 AM
Made a thinly veiled nazi at the urging of a friend but the matchmaking system seems to be stuck on stupid (as does the character creator, as only utter nonsense names seem to be recognized) I betting this is due to some major glitches from the launch, any fixes yet?

Mando Knight
2009-06-27, 10:02 AM
There was a rather large beta... the obvious/"good" names are probably all taken already.

Geno9999
2009-06-27, 10:07 AM
I'm Flashfight and my most used hero is Fightflash, in case you want to friend me.
The other hero is Havegun.
Three guesses on who I'm spoofing...

Verruckt
2009-06-27, 11:10 AM
There was a rather large beta... the obvious/"good" names are probably all taken already.

true, but even after BF2142 was in full swing for three months I still managed to get Verruckt through.

Not so here, not verruckt nor verrukt nor faulk nor vaulk nor faulkner nor vaulkner.

But Grabjeflagle the nationalist scout made it through...

Not that the matchmaking system will even let me play at this point.

ninja_penguin
2009-06-27, 04:13 PM
So, if you've got two computers from the same household, can you not play at the same time? I'm wondering because mine is failing the matchmaker (not even making an attempt) while he's playing.

Crispy Dave
2009-06-27, 04:53 PM
Ya ive been in the beta for a while. I actually got two codes and gave one to someone here.(I think it was Mando Knight). It's pretty fun stuff.

chiasaur11
2009-06-27, 05:00 PM
I'm Flashfight and my most used hero is Fightflash, in case you want to friend me.
The other hero is Havegun.
Three guesses on who I'm spoofing...
I can't answer that.

I have the Typhoid. Or possibly the Cholera!

Athaniar
2009-06-27, 06:13 PM
I downloaded and installed the game, created two heroes (Nationalist Soldier Belikous and Royalist Commando Athaniar), and then clicked on the Tutorial button. I ended up in a world devoid of any players but me, and red arrows directing me towards plumes of red smoke. But there is no hud, no crosshairs, no counters, no hints, no objectives, nothing! Is it the game that's acting weird or just me?

Crispy Dave
2009-06-27, 06:22 PM
I downloaded and installed the game, created two heroes (Nationalist Soldier Belikous and Royalist Commando Athaniar), and then clicked on the Tutorial button. I ended up in a world devoid of any players but me, and red arrows directing me towards plumes of red smoke. But there is no hud, no crosshairs, no counters, no hints, no objectives, nothing! Is it the game that's acting weird or just me?

sounds like a bug report it on the forums

Mando Knight
2009-06-27, 07:30 PM
That sounds like a bug... combined with the tutorial map. The lack of the HUD and such seem to be bugs, but the red arrows and smoke sound like the tutorial.

Athaniar
2009-06-28, 07:16 AM
I tried again, and now it worked. So now it's onto the battlefield for Belikous, Athaniar, [Nonexisting Character 1] and [Nonexisting Character 2].

EDIT:
How exactly do you zoom in with the Sniper Rifle? Obviously not with ".", at least not on European keyboards.

As a side note, [Nonexisting Character 1] is now Buri the Royalist Gunner. [Nonexisting Character 2] has been promoted to [Nonexisting Character].

Penguinizer
2009-06-28, 12:06 PM
For me, it always zoomed with the right mouse button.

I created the character "Penguinizer" currently a level 3 Nationalist commando.

I do kinda like how the store works. They've got stuff for paying people, but you can get the different weapons with currency earned ingame.

Athaniar
2009-06-28, 01:34 PM
For me, it always zoomed with the right mouse button.

That works, thank you.

Athaniar
2009-06-29, 06:18 AM
Now I suddenly need my email address verified, but no activation email appears in my inbox. :smallsigh:

Holammer
2009-06-29, 06:39 AM
Now I suddenly need my email address verified, but no activation email appears in my inbox. :smallsigh:

Maybe the spam filter nabbed it?

Athaniar
2009-06-29, 07:10 AM
No, that's not it.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-01, 02:26 PM
For those of us who where in the beta: Do you or do you not love our beta reward? Its small, but I like it, assuming they don't try and replicate it later using the same model for competitions or something. I feel its a mark of pride!

Also, Got me some BFCash both from newsletter and PC Gamer UK for free (well, I had to buy the magazine, but I would do that anyway) I have a National Soldier called Conot and a Royal Commando called RoyalEvil (He has a goatee and im gonna outfit him in the evil-est clothes I can find for Royals)

Im glad they brought permanent items back, as I stopped playing when they stopped permanent items. I'll try it again in 3 or 4 days, but no promises made that I will keep playing.

ninja_penguin
2009-07-02, 10:18 AM

Are you Gmail? Look at the forums, I had this same problem and I found a solution for this. I think you can go to any other part of the EA site and ask for it to be sent, and it'll show up immediately. I had my original requested one show up two days later in Gmail, after I'd already done it from a different part of the EA site.

That said, I like my gunner, I think I've become too fond of 'leg it!' and the explosive Keg.

Geno9999
2009-07-03, 07:59 AM
I tried Commander first, and now the other classes are SO SLOW. I can't really function well because of that.

Athaniar
2009-07-03, 08:39 AM
Are you Gmail? Look at the forums, I had this same problem and I found a solution for this. I think you can go to any other part of the EA site and ask for it to be sent, and it'll show up immediately. I had my original requested one show up two days later in Gmail, after I'd already done it from a different part of the EA site.

That said, I like my gunner, I think I've become too fond of 'leg it!' and the explosive Keg.

It worked eventually. And I have to try Commando and Gunner, so far I've only fought with my Soldier.