PDA

View Full Version : Incarnium question

awa
2009-06-26, 05:59 PM
Other then magic of incarnium (i think that's what its called) do any other source books support meld sharpers?

T.G. Oskar
2009-06-26, 06:01 PM
As far as I can recall, there's a few new melds on Dragon Magic. Not so sure if there's support on Eberron or Forgotten Realms books, but that's highly unlikely.

Aside from that, no. Incarnum got little support, although it is pretty solid and has a load of mechanics that allow some unofficial expanding.

Kyeudo
2009-06-26, 06:02 PM
I think Dragon Magic did a few things with Incarnum, but beyond that, no.

Keld Denar
2009-06-26, 06:04 PM
MIC has a few magic items you can invest Essentia into, if that makes it a "supporting" sourcebook.

Glimbur
2009-06-26, 06:15 PM
I'd particularly recommend the Essentia Helm from Magic Item Compendium. It helps you fight a lack of Essentia for a few rounds a day. Besides that, I suggest delicious homebrew.

Malanthyus
2009-06-26, 06:26 PM
On the mechanics of essentia, you often are you actually able to assign in to feats and abilities anyway? o.0

Glimbur
2009-06-26, 06:39 PM
For everything except feats and a few other things like weird class features that specifically say so, you can swap around your entire Essentia pool as a Swift Action. So if you want to empty out your Girallion Arms and put some of that into your Phase Cloak and some into your Wormtail Belt, that's cool.

Feats get a set amount when you prepare your soulmelds that you can't change for 24 hours. The Essentia Helm lets you get around that; as it specifically lets you fill a receptacle, including a feat, for one round using a charge.

Chronos
2009-06-26, 10:47 PM
There was also a Mind's Eye (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a) article on the Wizards website that touched on incarnum (specifically, the intersection of incarnum and psionics). And I've heard that there were some issues of Dragon magazine with a few soulmelds, though those are almost impossible to track down.

It could be worse: The only support the Shadowcaster ever got outside of Tome of Magic was three new mysteries in the web enhancement for Cityscape, and the only support for Truenamers was a mention of the skill in an obscure organization in Complete Champion. Binders only got a single new vestige (which really sucks) in Dragon Magic, but they do have official vestiges from at least three different sources online.

T.G. Oskar
2009-06-26, 11:01 PM
It could be worse: The only support the Shadowcaster ever got outside of Tome of Magic was three new mysteries in the web enhancement for Cityscape, and the only support for Truenamers was a mention of the skill in an obscure organization in Complete Champion. Binders only got a single new vestige (which really sucks) in Dragon Magic, but they do have official vestiges from at least three different sources online.

Or ToB. Which only got...the book. I think not even a Web Enhancement with new maneuvers or PrCs.

But then again, ToB is quite complete. Incarnum is quite similar, since the chakra bind mechanic expanded over to magic items, but the soulmelds in there are pretty solid.