PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Memory Post-Resurection

abishur
2009-06-27, 10:03 AM
Okay, so there's been some discussion about whether or not Roy would retain his memory after coming back to life. In the latest strip

Roy mention's "Oh, right, I actually have to move my legs in this plain. Implying that he at the very least remembers some of being dead.

Assuming he remembers EVERYTHING from heaven do you think he will tell anyone he was scrying on them? What direction do you think the converstation would go if he told Haley and Celia? Who would he side with in their little spat? What about V?

Cleverdan22
2009-06-27, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure, but things should be interesting as Elan and Durkon hold a grudge against V, while Roy doesn't really notice as much.

Bibliomancer
2009-06-27, 10:21 AM
Well, if he remembers everything there will be a few interesting moments coming up with Belkar, given that he will remember that Belkar is going to die and he'll be noticing that Belkar isn't acting evil at the moment.

As far as we can tell, he wasn't scrying on Durkon and Elan and V when V left, so he'll have difficulty understanding that feud, let-alone dealing with it.

Cleverdan22
2009-06-27, 10:32 AM
I'd also like to go on record to say Roy breaks up with Celia. I don't have any solid evidence for this claim, it's just a feeling. I just want proof I predicted it if it comes true. If I'm wrong, well, I've been wrong before.

abishur
2009-06-27, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure, but things should be interesting as Elan and Durkon hold a grudge against V, while Roy doesn't really notice as much.

I actually don't see a big problem there. Durkon is the sort to forgive a repentant person (a description I believe V fits now) and Elan... well he couldn't even stay mad at the guy who's hands were still wet from stabbing Elan in back (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0069.html) :smallwink:

I don't imagine Roy and Celia would break up considering how much Roy was supporting her decisions throughout his time as the ghost scryer. Though that is a topic I kinda hope is addressed by Roy ("that" topic being the disagreement between Celia and Haley). Though to be fair, the initial friction was spurned by Belkar, and the most recent stuff has been a lack of knowledge on Celia's part. I mean, Haley just found that Bozak got her dad captured. Her killing whats-her-face and getting her money back was a direct statement of both revenge against the parties responsible as well as ensuring her money didn't go to support the man who made her current finicial situation so desperate.

Even though I do wonder what converstaions will be discussed, I also can't imagine Rich taking more than a couple more comics to wrap up this business. As much as I've enjoyed this time of developement for everyone, it's starting to remind me a little of Haley's Cryptograms (and thankfully I only found OoTS AFTER she got her voice back!). And I'm betting Rich is felling the same way. Which brings up another point, do you think we'll focus any on the NPCs? Will Roy still talk to Hinjo or just get back to the party doing whatever they want to? AH! So many questions! I can't wait to see what the group does next. :smallbiggrin: