PDA

View Full Version : PId6 vs Eldan

PId6
2009-06-27, 12:45 PM
We're on opposite sides of a 200x200x200 impenetrable force cube.

Initiative: [roll0]

Permanent Buffs:
All Seeing Eyes, Dark One's Own Luck, Beguiling Influence, Ignore the Pyre, Dark Foresight.

PId6
2009-06-27, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that didn't go so well.

[roll0]

Eldan
2009-06-27, 01:12 PM
Buffs:

I don't know some of those you have...

-Retributive Invisibility
-Entropic Warding
-Beguiling Influence (will most likely not matter)

Anyway, I've put a lot of optimisation into my Init:
[roll0]

Laughing, the invisible warlock soars up into the sky, carried aloft by his feyish wings. There, he unleashes his hellish magics upon his foe: blasts of black and green energy spring forth from the tip of his swordblade.

[roll]
Flying up and forward.

Quickened Eldritch Blast with Eldritch Spear shape:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eldritch Blast with Vitriolic Blast:
[roll3]
Acid Damage, no spell resistance:
[roll4]

PId6
2009-06-27, 01:19 PM
Do you have True Seeing or See Invisibility?

Oh, and unless you can fly 120 ft in one turn, you can't reach me with Vitriolic Blast.

Eldan
2009-06-27, 01:24 PM
I forgot: that should have Eldritch spear as well, of course.

And no, I can't actually see invisibility, but you aren't invisible, are you?

Edit: Oh, and my fly speed is 60, so I'm 30 feet up and 30 feet closer.

PId6
2009-06-27, 01:26 PM
Oh wow, that was stupid of me. I forgot to put Retributive Invisibility on there. Oh well, your first attack missed but the second one hit for 1 damage. Bah, also forgot, I have inherent Displacement and incorporeal miss chance, so that's 50% chance to miss and 50% chance not to hit me.

Eldan
2009-06-27, 01:28 PM
Wow. 1 damage.

PId6
2009-06-27, 01:35 PM
Cackling madly, the specter held out his hands and vanished instantly. A second later, a bolt of green gas shot out from the air and hit the other warlock, engulfing him in noxious gas.

Use Swift Invisibility. Then use Eldritch Spear and Noxious Blast.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]

Make a Fortitude Save at DC 10 + 6 + 17 + 2 (35) or be nauseated for 1 minute.

Also move 30 ft forward.

Eldan
2009-06-27, 01:53 PM
Misses. Also, I have a 20% miss chance against rays from Entropic Warding.

And I really need to pick up See Invisibility somehow. Perhaps that true Seeing blindfold from MIC.

PId6
2009-06-27, 01:56 PM
44 missed? Wow. I need to cheese up my touch attack. That or get Eldritch Cone.

It's a least invocation, so I doubt you'd have nothing you can't give up for it.

Are you skipping your turn then?

Eldan
2009-06-27, 02:01 PM
While aimed well, the bolt of energy seems to hit a glowing barrier as it strikes the warlock, the pure force of his personality somehow deflecting it.
"Well then, where might you be, my foe..."
Raising his hands to the sky in a dramatic gesture, he ground in front of the warlock errupts, twisted black trees bursting forth from it. Blood and slime drip from their branches, where a thousand ravens feed on flayed corpses.
Laughing, the warlock dives into the twisted forest.
A strange battle this would be to any casual observer: two invisible forces colliding, blasts of energy darting out of nowhere.

That's just a little fluff describing the effect of charisma to AC twice.

Then, I'm using Nightmares Made Real, to cover an area of 30x40x20 feet in Nightmare Terrain. That's an Illusion (Shadow) effect. You must make a will save, DC 29 or be entangled, and it gives concealment to everyone out of 5 feet and total concealment to everyone 10 or more feet away, even if you make the save.

Finally, I fly 50 feet forward and drop 10, entering the area.

PId6
2009-06-27, 02:11 PM
Freedom of Movement. Also, I'm immune to [Shadow] effects.
The ghost reappeared in a mist of green as the shadowy terrain attempts to grasp at the specter. But the ghost isn't fazed by the shadows. In fact, within moments, the shadows seem to bend around him, recognizing his power and obeying his commands. "Let's try this again," the ghost said, and vanished once more into thin air.

Use Retributive Invisibility. Then move up 30 ft. Finally use Moment of Alacrity to raise my initiative by 20, making it my turn again.

PId6
2009-06-27, 02:28 PM
Standard 1: Chilling Tentacles at your location.

Swift 1: Activate Boots of Temporal Acceleration, giving me 2 more rounds.

Standard 2: Use Shades to cast Incendiary Cloud at your location.

Swift 2: Use 2 charges from Belt of Battle for another Standard Action.

Standard (2 bonus): Use Shades to cast Acid Fog at your location.

Standard 3: Use Shades to cast Stinking Cloud at your location.

Swift 3: Use Assay Resistance on you.

It wasn't more than a second after the ghost disappeared that it seems a multitude of nightmarish clouds engulf you, filling your lungs with fire and poison and clouding your vision.

2d6 cold damage and [roll0] grapple check.
[roll1] fire damage Reflex half and Will save for 80% damage and 80% chance of occurring.
[roll2] acid damage Will save for 80%.
Fortitude save or be nauseated. Will gives 80% negate.
Also, you're in a solid fog situation.

All saves are DC 36.

PId6
2009-06-27, 02:30 PM
Rerolling cold damage: [roll0]

Eldan
2009-06-27, 02:34 PM
Let's start with Will Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Fire Damage is resisted.
Cold Damage is resisted.
Got Freedom of Movement against Grapple and the Fog.
Acid Damage is resisted.

Fortitude against nausea:
[roll3]

Eldan
2009-06-27, 02:40 PM
Laughing just as madly as his enemy, the Warlock shoots upward from the clouds.
"You'll have to do better! But at least, it looks great!
This time, he fills an entire section of sky with a burst of energy, only able to guess the position of the enemy he can only barely sense.

I forgot that my Scout levels give me Blindsense. So, flying up 15 feet and shooting a 30 feet cone in your direction.

Damage:
[roll0]

Reflex Save DC 33 for half damage.

PId6
2009-06-27, 02:46 PM
First of all, Darkstalker beats Blindsense.
Second, make a spell resistance check against SR 40.
Third, your spells still have 50% chance to not affect me for incorporeal.
Fourth: Evasion: [roll0]

Eldan
2009-06-27, 02:47 PM
Ah, right. Didn't know you have Darkstalker. In that case, let's just assume I can't hit you... well, your turn anyway. And I should get one of those spell resistance cloaks as well.

PId6
2009-06-27, 02:52 PM
Cast True Strike. Quickened Maximized Eldritch Spear.

Damage: 66
Sneak Attack: [roll1]
Again, out of air, a lance of black energy shoots at you. With deadly precision, it beams towards your location, piercing your protections from personality or otherwise and hitting you in a very vulnerable spot.

PId6
2009-06-27, 02:53 PM
I use Gloves of Fortunate Striking to reroll that attack. [roll0]

Hehe, kept it just for events like these.

Eldan
2009-06-27, 02:56 PM
Jup, hits alright. And hurts, too.
So, what kind of creature are you, anyway? A ghost? Just tell me what I could guess from looking at you there in the beginning...
If you're undead, I give up, because I can't see any other way to affect you. I'm not able to sense you at all and none of my three power words help.

PId6
2009-06-27, 02:56 PM
And fortune reverses itself, though I don't think critical confirmation is affected by True Strike so this probably won't hit, but whatever.

Damage: +66
Sneak Attack: (Not sure if this multiplies as well) [roll1]
... Wow

And yeah, I've been calling myself a ghost the whole time haven't I? :smalltongue:

Are you still alive?

Eldan
2009-06-27, 03:02 PM
Well, I give up... I mean, I could probably flee if I really tried to, via at will dimension doors and fly speed, but really, that's just another way of defeat.

I don't see any way to hurt you. Congratulations.

Now, I really need to buy a few wands with spells that can actually hurt you.

PId6
2009-06-27, 03:08 PM
Well, I give up... I mean, I could probably flee if I really tried to, via at will dimension doors and fly speed, but really, that's just another way of defeat.

I don't see any way to hurt you. Congratulations.

Now, I really need to buy a few wands with spells that can actually hurt you.
Magic missile always works.

How much hp do you have anyway?

(Oh, and Greater Teleport at will kinda ruins any chance of escape. :smalltongue:)

Eldan
2009-06-27, 03:21 PM
I don't have any magic missiles at the moment. I could get a force bow, though. And those gauntlets of ghost fighting are added. My HP are only 135.

So, yeah, a handful of strikes kills me.