PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) What half-breeds SEEM human?

Jeivar
2009-06-28, 06:11 AM
I'm pondering Haley's Big Mysterious Secret of Secretive Mystery, and I'm wondering what low-powered half-human hybrids there are that she could potentially be one of.
What types are there that don't necessarily have visible inhuman features, or flashy special abilities that we would have seen Haley use by now, if she had them?

Uin
2009-06-28, 06:16 AM
I'm pondering Haley's Big Mysterious Secret of Secretive Mystery, and I'm wondering what low-powered half-human hybrids there are that she could potentially be one of.
What types are there that don't necessarily have visible inhuman features, or flashy special abilities that we would have seen Haley use by now, if she had them?Daelkyr Half-Blood? :smalltongue:

(Magic of Eberron: Very human looking but with the aberration and often easy to hide symbionts.)

Yuki Akuma
2009-06-28, 06:20 AM
Aasimar tend to look startlingly human, as do medium-sized half-fey (half-fey need to be Large or bigger to have wings, for some reason).

Coidzor
2009-06-28, 06:37 AM
Hmm... Have to be half? As feytouched (child of half-fey and human) and that ilk are generally less obvious. Who knows, maybe she's a tiefling that got her tail surgically removed :smalltongue: Maybe with a tramp-stamp to cover up the scar....

Kris Strife
2009-06-28, 06:40 AM
Most of them can with a specific magic item... Gloves of the Softskin from Dragon Magic.

Jeivar
2009-06-28, 06:45 AM
Aasimar tend to look startlingly human, as do medium-sized half-fey (half-fey need to be Large or bigger to have wings, for some reason).

Hmm, yeah. But then, whatever the BMSoSM is, it's something Haley is ashamed of, and which has driven away everyone who has found out. I don't think having an angel as an ancestor would have that effect. I would lean towards Tiefling, except Tieflings can cast Darkness, and possess Darkvision, which Haley doesn't

Zaq
2009-06-28, 06:49 AM
Illumian with Subtle Sigils? I sincerely doubt that's the case, but they do at least look awfully human.

Are we sure that it's a racial thing? I don't remember the exact context in which it was hinted at, so this might be a stupid question.

Jeivar
2009-06-28, 06:59 AM
Illumian with Subtle Sigils? I sincerely doubt that's the case, but they do at least look awfully human.

Are we sure that it's a racial thing? I don't remember the exact context in which it was hinted at, so this might be a stupid question.

During Haley's speech problem era, she tried to tell Elan: "Elan, it turns out I may not be exactly what you would call-" then got cut off.

Starshade
2009-06-28, 07:53 AM
In FR it is a feat who tell a character got a Yuan Ti ancestor, still count as a human, no apperance differences, and have a bonus to poison and reflex saves.

Coidzor
2009-06-28, 08:41 AM
Hermaphrodite at birth p'raps. :smalltongue: Hmm.

ghost_warlock
2009-06-28, 08:51 AM
Haley is an elan.

Put that in your blender and spin it.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-28, 03:49 PM
During Haley's speech problem era, she tried to tell Elan: "Elan, it turns out I may not be exactly what you would call-" then got cut off.Heterosexual? Honest? Likely to go to the same afterlife as him?

Really, there are too many possibilities and not enough information.

Indeed.
2009-06-28, 04:44 PM
Haley is an elan.

Put that in your blender and spin it.

I just went up a level.