PDA

View Full Version : Durable armour enhancement

Tetsubo 57
2009-06-28, 12:12 PM
I was looking at Dungeonscape today and reread the Durable armour enhancement. It grants 100% protection from acid and rusting magic. How would this work on a Warforged? I'd let it grant rust protection. Rusting isn't that common and I don't think immunity would be a game breaker. But how would it work for acid? Maybe a resistance of 10?

Keld Denar
2009-06-28, 12:23 PM
It wouldn't affect all of the 'forged, just his outer plating. The acid would still get in and mess with his other bits. It shouldn't give him any extra protection against acid since durable normally only protects the armor, not the wearer. Now, if the warforged put Energy Resistance on his plating, it would protect him, since that the point of the Energy Resistanace property, to protect the wearer.

So yea...your player is grasping for extra benefits...

Hunter Noventa
2009-06-28, 01:47 PM
Yeah, it's mainly to protect against things like Ooze Paraelementals and Rust Monsters it sounds like, not a bad thing TO protect against, but it doesn't make one immune to acid.

The rules aren't clear about how the stuff like that applies to warforged, but Keld has the right idea I think.

Flickerdart
2009-06-28, 01:51 PM
I'd allow for the property to protect the Warforged in question from the first round of acid damage when immersed, before the stuff has a chance to seep through the cracks. Non-magical acid deals half (including Orb of Acid), and magical acid hits for full.