PDA

View Full Version : Infinite warbladery?

shadow_archmagi
2009-06-28, 05:37 PM
White Raven Tactics allows a warblade to change an ally's initiative, causing them to take their turn immediately after the warblade (even if they have already acted, allowing them to take an extra turn). A warblade regains their manuevers after making a full attack. Could you thereby do

Warblade: I full attack.
Warblade 2: I full attack, and use White Raven Tactics!
Warblade: I full attack, and use White Raven Tactics!

Continuing on forever?

Glyde
2009-06-28, 05:41 PM
You can't activate a maneuver or change stances while refreshing your maneuvers

Probably ninja'd

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-28, 05:42 PM
White Raven Tactics allows a warblade to change an ally's initiative, causing them to take their turn immediately after the warblade (even if they have already acted, allowing them to take an extra turn). A warblade regains their manuevers after making a full attack. Could you thereby do

Warblade: I full attack.

Continuing on forever?Warblade requires a Swift action to Recover maneuvers, and WRT requires a Swift Action.

Gaiyamato
2009-06-28, 07:25 PM
Use Psionics.

2 levels of Psionic Warrior.

Lets you expend psionic focus to regain a manouver.
Gain psionic focus as a move action.

But yeah, it still is not inifnite.
Unless you can find a way to get infinite swift actions and move actions. lol.

Eldariel
2009-06-29, 04:31 AM
Also, your Initiative-count minus 1. Each repeat of this lowers the other's initiative by 1, so soon enough you'll have others taking turns too. That said, yeah, White Raven Tactics is amazing.

adanedhel9
2009-06-29, 07:10 AM
Also, the official FAQ explicitly states that you can't use White Raven Tactics on yourself. Don't know how much you trust the FAQ, but that's what it says.

Gaiyamato
2009-06-29, 07:22 AM
Also, the official FAQ explicitly states that you can't use White Raven Tactics on yourself. Don't know how much you trust the FAQ, but that's what it says.

It is 2 warblades taking turns using it on each other.
Still doesn't work however.

ColdSepp
2009-06-29, 07:25 AM
Use Ruby Knight Vidicator; turn undead for swift action... But WRT doesn't apply to yourself, I believe.

Eldariel
2009-06-29, 07:33 AM
Use Ruby Knight Vidicator; turn undead for swift action... But WRT doesn't apply to yourself, I believe.

A team of RKVs can be a frightening adversary indeed. Well, a probably lethal one, to be honest. Cleric-casting, martial maneuvers, and Turn Undead worth of turns for each character (well, almost). It's like their own personal Time Stop, except it does not limit your actions. How fair...

Now I feel like I have to arrange an encounter with the Templar of Wee Jas for a party at some point.

Person_Man
2009-06-29, 10:23 AM
Also, be mindful that your DM can simply give Warblade or Wizard (Celerity, Time Stop) levels to your enemies. Action advantage is fun and useful when used selectively. But when abused it quickly invites retaliation.