PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a war game

An Enemy Spy
2009-06-28, 10:09 PM
I had this cool idea for a tabletop war game. You have one of several armies
Humans: You guessed it. Humans. They are reminiscent of the roman empire. Lots of regimented infantry and cavalry. They have control over the element of fire and can bring undead to the fight.
Dwarves: Indivually more powerful than humans but less organized. Have control over the element of earth and have dragons.
Elves: Not as strong as humans but more manuveurable. Have control over the elements of water and air. They have small numbers of infantry but have control over many animals who fight alongside them.
Savage Races: Orcs, Gobbos, Trolls, the works. Good at having large numbers of poorly organized infantry.
Valkyries: This army is a large mishmash of Norse mythology that honestly, I haven't thought through that much. Their units are very powerful and have control of the element of Air.
Angels: Very powerful but few in number. Angels are a race that you can add on to any of the above armies. You can not have angels on opposing sides.
Demons:Essentially the evil version of angels. They can also be added onto the above armies. Angels and Demons can not be on the same side.

I don't know very much about tabletop games and would like some help coming up with rules.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-28, 10:10 PM
No offense, but it seems somewhat... cliched?
And when I say somewhat, I mean incredibly.

Copper8642
2009-06-28, 10:12 PM
Yeah, but hey, I'll play any good strategy game, as long as the quality makes up for the lack of originality.

On that note, a friend an I have been thinking of a (completely different) tabletop game for awhile now. When we get anything that works in the slightest, I'll let you know. It's kinda tough.

An Enemy Spy
2009-06-28, 10:13 PM
Basic overviews always do. I can worry about cliches later. I just want this to be fun.