PDA

View Full Version : Forshadowing from hundreds of strips ago...

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-29, 09:38 AM
In this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0105.html) strip, a goblin has an eyepatch! We should have realised that it meant Redcloak would someday get his eye poked out! Yes, this is a joke thread. Sue me.

Soepvork
2009-06-29, 09:40 AM
To be honest, it's probably more related to events in "Start of Darkness"

HereticNox
2009-06-29, 09:42 AM
I think it is entirely related to events in the SoD.

That or RC multiclassed to pirate.

Sholos
2009-06-29, 09:50 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and guess this is a joke thread. If it's not, then I have to ask, "What??"

Kurald Galain
2009-06-29, 10:08 AM
That or RC multiclassed to pirate.

Of course! He fights Azure City, and AC has ninjas! Who totally flip out and kill people all the time! Except for Hinjo.

Ancalagon
2009-06-29, 10:24 AM
I think it has no relation at all. Neither to SoD (which surely was not planned at that stage) neither to current events, to relate some random goblin having an eye-patch to current events seems like quite a stretch.

Cen
2009-06-29, 10:47 AM
Of course! He fights Azure City, and AC has ninjas! Who totally flip out and kill people all the time! Except for Hinjo.

Ahh! It's clear at last! The "OotS" is a rip off of Dr McNinja and it's everlasting conflict of Ninjas vs Pirates!

Moogleking
2009-06-29, 11:01 AM
I think it has no relation at all. Neither to SoD (which surely was not planned at that stage) neither to current events, to relate some random goblin having an eye-patch to current events seems like quite a stretch.

According to the FAQ the Giant knows "the last panel of the last comic". Everything is planned.

Xesirin
2009-06-29, 11:44 AM

It's pretty obvious by now the rough margin by which everything is planned ahead. I don't know if it is genuinely forshadowing, but if it's not, Rich probably still had a plan for Redcloak to end up like that.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-29, 11:54 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and guess this is a joke thread. If it's not, then I have to ask, "What??"

Read the white text. :smallbiggrin:

Almaseti
2009-06-29, 12:27 PM
According to the FAQ the Giant knows "the last panel of the last comic". Everything is planned.

Now he knows the last panel of the comic. He might not have decided at the time that he wrote strip 105

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-29, 12:33 PM
Okay, everyone is taking me WAY too seriously. :smallannoyed:It was a joke, people. Read the white text after my post, 'k?

Haven
2009-06-29, 12:41 PM
Okay, everyone is taking me WAY too seriously. :smallannoyed:It was a joke, people. Read the white text after my post, 'k?

Read your own signature.

Yendor
2009-06-29, 01:06 PM
This is silly. Clearly, it's foreshadowing that Redcloak is really a goblin.

Cleverdan22
2009-06-29, 01:09 PM
This is silly. Clearly, it's foreshadowing that Redcloak is really a goblin.

Of course! It all makes sense now!

Blue Ghost
2009-06-29, 01:29 PM

Any post on this board, no matter how silly, is bound to be taken seriously and argued against. It's a fact of life. You should know that by now.

Optimystik
2009-06-29, 03:46 PM
Read your own signature.

Ba-ZING.

Any post on THE INTERNET, no matter how silly, is bound to be taken seriously and argued against. It's a fact of life. You should know that by now.

Fixed that for you...

Llama231
2009-06-29, 03:51 PM
Any post on the internet, no matter how silly, is bound to be taken seriously and argued against. It's a fact of life.

May I steal this quote for my sig? If so, who should I credit it to?