PDA

View Full Version : Halo Role Playing Game

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-01-03, 05:02 PM
http://s13.invisionfree.com/HRPG/index.php?act=idx Its a PBPRPG i made, and now im forcing you to play! Were a small community (Like, three people) but with you'r help we can be giant!(please?)

McDeath
2006-01-04, 02:14 AM
What system did you use for the base?

valadil
2006-01-04, 02:50 AM
I hate to be pedantic, but I'm extremely distrusting of an RPG system that fails to spell character (though I have seen a DM misspell it worse).

McDeath
2006-01-04, 04:07 AM
Seconded. In PbP, your spelling is as important as speaking clearly in a RL game. Otherwise your DM will say things like "Oh, i thought you typed I charge into the group of twelve ogre mages!..."

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-01-04, 08:49 PM
Well um. . . yeah i kinda made this thing were if any1 complianed aboot it i would change it, so off i go!

Everyman
2006-01-05, 01:36 AM
As of right now, you don't have any listed attributes, racial differences (in terms of mechanics), leveling system, progression of skills, or equipment. I suppose a certain amount of knowledge is required/assumed, but suppose someone saw this without ever playing Halo...what would they do?

You have the frame work for an impressive system, but I recommend that you keep the following in mind:
1) All RPGs need a working system that follows a definate mathematical formula. For the d20, it's d20 + bonuses - penalities. When you start your real design work, make sure to follow only one or two formulas if you can. This keeps the system simple.
2) Make sure you do not take any claim on the material. This may be your design, but Microsoft still owns Halo and all related materials. I don't think you'd try and "claim" all this as unique, but I thought it would be wise to remind you. I'd hate to see a fledgling designer get in trouble.

Keep at it.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-01-07, 12:39 PM
Yes, um i'll try do that, and thank you for the motivation/tips/things to keep from me getting sued ;D

Acualy, i just figured something out, no they dont

Role playing games are GAMES that ROLE PLAY and itsw PLAY BY POST so you dont relly need it

Mr._Blinky
2006-01-11, 07:44 PM
Not to sound rude, but do you even have a rule system, or is it just free form?

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-01-11, 10:05 PM
Free forum man, i kinda tell the rules like, no(see char) and make the rules but were slowly becomeing better, dont worry

McDeath
2006-01-11, 10:53 PM
Microsoft owns Halo. Anything you do with the material is illegal. However, as long as you don't try to sell the system you use, then I don't think they'll worry.

Everyman
2006-01-11, 11:12 PM
Oh...I see. You use a diceless system. Ok. I just would like to know how you decide what happens. Just curious.

ash_wednesday
2006-01-12, 03:16 AM
Oh...I see. You use a diceless system. Ok. I just would like to know how you decide what happens. Just curious.Maybe they use the old "Paper, rock, sessors".

stainboy
2006-01-12, 03:21 PM
I don't know if you can find a Mac running OS 7, but if you can you should check out the Marathon series. Old FPS games made by Bungie before they sold their souls to Microsoft, apparently set in the same world as Halo. Might give you some ideas for game material.

EDIT: Come to think of it, there's a DOS version of Marathon 2, if you can find it and get it to run.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-01-12, 05:12 PM
Maybe they use the old "Paper, rock, sessors".

Lol thats great

Well i kinda wrote something were i say i dont claim ownership in anything that is owned by microsoft, so um. . . Protection from law!

firepup
2006-01-20, 06:50 PM
seems okay. is it based off of dnd or something?

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-01-21, 10:19 PM
No, its a game based of schat, and other random pbp games.