PDA

View Full Version : Should I have done this differently?

Silentlee
2009-06-29, 05:43 PM
**if you have a problem with punctuation errors and have seizures when said problems arise...leave now**

Long story short....Party is up on a cliff over looking a decent size house in the middle of BFE that houses the orc highwaymen group we had been tracking....

party includes 1 figher...2 rogues...1 ranger 1 wizzy and a cleric

the orcs are not at home....so the first rogue climbs down and picks the lock on the front door..then 20 mins pass(getting dark now) and nothing from him..so I...the 2nd rogue decides to go see what is going on......i get inside the house to see that rogue 1 is on the floor in front of a chest with a crossbow bolt sticking out of his forehead. I walk back out to signal to the rest of the part and notice the (8)orcs returning home......they spot me.....so i decide to pull the chest and the other rogue out of the house and throw a flask of oil and a torch on top of the house to burn it down so the orcs have no cover and no access to the crap load of potion bottles in the house....after the battle was done....no damage hardly to any of us...besides the did rogue 1....i got yelled at for setting the house on fire by the rest of the party....what did i do wrong?

yilduz
2009-06-29, 05:47 PM
Well, if your party managed to get to the house first, you guys could have used it as cover, used the potions, etc... but if not, it seemed like a good plan. Tell them to go inside if they want what's in it.

shadzar
2009-06-29, 05:48 PM
You didn't give their corpses a chance to loot it when you saved their asses by distracting the orcs.

Kurald Galain
2009-06-29, 06:17 PM
what did i do wrong?

Depends. Does your character often set fire to things?

lsfreak
2009-06-29, 06:34 PM
Yea, lighting things on fire - especially your loot - is generally going to garner some scorn. Depending on how far away the orcs and your allies were, I would have called to your allies, gone in the house, and made up some quick "trap" and lead them around the house until your allies got there.

I have no idea how the house was laid out or anything (or what level you were) but here's what I would have tried to do. Throw chairs or tables in front of one door forcing them through another door, head upstairs dropping your handy-dandy bag of marbles (or caltrops) on the stairs, loop around, then do the same thing upstairs. Hopefully they split up, and you can now go through a back stairway or out the window in order to meet up with your allies again.