PDA

View Full Version : D20 Modern Smart Hero/Techie Build Help

penbed400
2009-06-29, 08:30 PM
My DM handed me another character the other day and wants me to start playing him. The only thing is that my D20 modern knowledge is pretty lacking. So this is what I have for information on the character:

Michael Carver
Smart Hero 3
Str: 11
Dex: 12
Con: 13
Int: 16
Wis: 10
Cha: 16
Wealth Bonus: 18
Feats: Iron Will, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Quick Reload. Simple Weapons Proficiency, Windfall
Talents: Savant (Behavioral Sciences), Exploit Weakness
Current Items: Computer (notebook), Portable Sattelite Phone, Basic Mechanical Kit, Backpack and I plan on buying a modem the first chance I get because I didn't know that I needed one of those

I'm planning on taking a level in Techie next level since I got all the necessary prerequisites but does anybody have any advice for how this build should go? Any feats I should look at or items or perhaps other classes? There is nothing better for questions like this than a hive mind. So yea, any help is greatly appreciated. Also don't ask me why I got a Savant in Behavioral Sciences, it sounded good at the time but in retrospect...probably a few better choices.

SurlySeraph
2009-06-29, 10:51 PM
You have a lot of money and are OK with guns. Buy a masterwork +3 gun, preferably an assault rifle.
What are your skills like? Skills matter a lot in d20 Modern, more than they do in DnD.

penbed400
2009-06-29, 11:26 PM
For skills I have my max of 6 ranks in:

Computer Use
Craft (Electronic)
Craft (Chemical)
Craft (Mechanical)
Diplomacy
Disable Device
Investigate
Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences)

and my half ranks of 3 in:

Knowledge (Physical Sciences)
Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences)
Decipher Script
Demolitions
Listen
Repair
Research
Sense Motive

then the ability modifiers as applied from the OP, an armor penalty of -2 for all the skills it applies to because of an undercover vest, and miscelanious +1 from my occupation as a Technician