PDA

View Full Version : What if you're being Disarmed while using Combat Expertise?

Jergmo
2009-06-29, 09:22 PM
So, if you're using Defensive fighting and Combat Expertise at max, you've got -9 attack, and +7 dodge. However, what if you're engaged in a disarm attempt? You have to make a now-seriously crippled attack roll. So you're now easy to disarm, even though you've got a really good defense at the moment. :smallconfused:

My friend and I came up with the idea that you could add your Dodge bonus to the roll involved in the disarm. What does you folks think?

shadow_archmagi
2009-06-29, 09:39 PM
That seems reasonable, seeing as Combat Expertise is already an option no one uses.

Jergmo
2009-06-29, 10:32 PM
That seems reasonable, seeing as Combat Expertise is already an option no one uses.

Sure, if the meat shield doesn't really...avoid being hit?

talus21
2009-06-29, 11:47 PM
Actually it works fairly well. If you have improved disarm and a two handed weapon. You only end up with a -1 to your disarm check.

Kaiyanwang
2009-06-30, 02:03 AM
Improved disarm does not work that way. It grats bonuses on disarming, not to avoid being disarmed.

The Easiest way id a chain gauntlet from PH, and some equipment like weapon crystals in MIC, granting to +20 on the opposite chek.

High level Fighters and Epic Warblades could get weapon supremacy, it's another +4

Some weapon, like the cutlass, grant bonuses against disarm.

Eldariel
2009-06-30, 06:16 AM
Well, you could just get Locked Gauntlet to get +10 vs. Disarm (it's in PHB). But yeah, your rule makes sense; defensive fighting making you more suspectible to disarming is quite weird.

Kaiyanwang
2009-06-30, 06:46 AM
Well, you could just get Locked Gauntlet

Ah, locked gauntlet. My apologies, PH is in Italian, sometimes I know or I translate well, sometimes..