PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist

Berserk Monk
2009-06-29, 09:37 PM
Awhile ago one of my art teachers told me a great way to make cash if you're artistic is to go on Craiglist and advertise you skills and see if anyone will buy your stuff: just make an add like artist selling drawing/painting/whatever for $50. I tried doing this, but I got this one thing that asked which area I'm in/closest too and I'm not really sure which is closest to me (Jersey by the way if this can help you answer my question). Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows what to do with this step so I can hopefully start making cash.

Mauve Shirt
2009-06-29, 09:44 PM
If you're selling stuff you've already made I'd advise going to Etsy. They'll let you set up a shop and everything.

I'm not sure what you mean by "area".

Jack Squat
2009-06-29, 09:51 PM
What part of NJ?
it looks like just choose whatever looks best, there's not really cities (http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/nj)

Shraik
2009-06-29, 09:55 PM
Well, if ya live in Jersey, I might be able to help a little. I believe certain counties account for certain areas. If your in Bergen, Hudson, Essex, Passaic, Morris, it would be northern. If it's in Cape May, Atlantic, Camden, Ocean, Atlantic, Cumberland it would be southern. I know northern Jersey is pretty extensive, because I live near good old Hackensack, and I remember I found a nice instrument but it was at least an hour away.

and oddly alot of people in NJ sell Hammond Organ's on craigslist...

Tirian
2009-06-29, 09:57 PM
Are you saying that you're clicking on New Jersey and are now at this page (http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/nj)? That's just saying that there are five different lists and you should post in the region (or regions) that you would like to do business in. If you think you sort of live in Central and sort of South but can get to Philadelphia too, then search through all three of those lists and see where people who live you tend to post. Or post to all three if you don't mind wider exposure but more travel.

Berserk Monk
2009-06-29, 11:36 PM
Cool. Thanks for the help.