PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Jedi... Sigh.

Malacode
2009-06-29, 10:04 PM
So, I'm about to start a new campaign for a few friends of mine who want to get into D&D... 6 of them. Upshot is, 4 of them want -me- to make their characters, based on the descriptions they've given me. One person pretty much wants a Jedi, minus the lightsaber.

Now, I've statted up a Psion, assuming that there are plenty of powers out there that will mimic Jedi abilities. However I've only come across one, that kinda fits with Force Push. Anyone know any more powers that could work? Don't worry about level or anything, or even what class they're for, I just want to get an idea if this will work out.

Saph
2009-06-29, 10:06 PM
I would have thought Psychic Warror fit better, if you could get around the lack of power points. Fighter/caster, and all that.

- Saph

Gaiyamato
2009-06-29, 10:08 PM
Yes Psychic warrior would be a much better fit.

Malacode
2009-06-29, 10:12 PM
They mentioned being more of a "Mediator" than a "Combatant", but still, I'll look into it.
Regardless of all that, I'd still like to know what powers would work well. Thanks for the input though.

ex cathedra
2009-06-29, 10:13 PM
Hm. Psion (Telepath) would make a decent jedi, if you're going force-heavy, but I'm going to second the psychic warrior suggestion. It's a rather fun class, all in all. The telepath has the advantage of psionic Dominate Person, etc., which can really lend itself to the hand waving,
These... are not the droids you're looking for. approach. A jedi is, quite obviously, a gish. Either a Psion/Slayer or a Psychic Warrior would accomplish this best, I think.

Fishy
2009-06-29, 10:15 PM
Except that Psichic Warriors can't do the Jedi Mind Trick. The problem with Psion for Jedi is that the good Force Pushing powers are in the Psychokinesis discipline, and the good Mind Trick powers are Telepathy.

Do you have access to Ardent, from Complete Psionic? Grab the Force and Communication mantles, and you're looking pretty good.

Gaiyamato
2009-06-29, 10:17 PM
Except that Psichic Warriors can't do the Jedi Mind Trick. The problem with Psion for Jedi is that the good Force Pushing powers are in the Psychokinesis discipline, and the good Mind Trick powers are Telepathy.

Do you have access to Ardent, from Complete Psionic? Grab the Force and Communication mantles, and you're looking pretty good.

A Gish type with Ardent would work well.

I would also look into some non-psionic fighting classes that might help to boost the combat style a little. Maybe take the light sword as a bastard sword (basically is anyway) and then look at some levels in exotic weapons master or something like that.

sonofzeal
2009-06-29, 10:40 PM
I second (third? fourth?) Psychic Warrior. Precognition (both type) match the whole "Jedi" combat style fluff perfectly. It's a very effective class, pretty solidly balanced with reasonable power selection.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-29, 11:35 PM
Depends on the exact Jedi concept, but...Warlock. Snag the right shapes and Essences, and you even get him the Lightsabre.

Myrmex
2009-06-29, 11:52 PM
There's a psionic ability called Crises of Breath or something like that which is essentially force choke.

Irreverent Fool
2009-06-30, 12:13 AM
I'd use a beguiler for a mind-focused Jedi. Also, even in a Star Wars game, he wouldn't be able to do all the neat tricks a Jedi does. I get the impression that most Jedi are focused/naturally talented in specific areas.

There aren't all that many sources for psionic powers (official sources, that is). Other locations for inspirations come to mind, though. The Bigby's Hand spells would be adequate for a physical manipulation-focused Jedi. You could model a power off of Bigby's Forceful Hand (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/forcefulHand.htm).

You could possibly grant him a Ring of the Ram if you want to go that route.

Or you could just bust out the d20 Star Wars RPG book.:smallbiggrin:

obnoxious
sig

Doc Roc
2009-06-30, 12:22 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and pull for psion, though I have to mention my favorite spell, Moon Blade from the spell compendium. It's persistable, so you can actually forge two moonblades in the morning and dual wield them. They act as per any sword you are proficient with, and do better than bastard swords when it comes to damage. Pretty kickin'

Alternatively.....

Ardent, with a little reflavoring, is basically completely perfect for a Jedi.

Haven
2009-06-30, 12:42 AM
I'd recommend PsyWar as well. Not all Jedi are shown using the mind trick, but you could always take Expanded Knowledge and pick up Psionic Charm.

(I don't know much about Ardent though, maybe they'd fit better.)

Doc Roc
2009-06-30, 12:44 AM
Ardent has the sort of distinct priest-warrior feel of the Jedi, particularly the early and more militant Jedi, Circa Exar Kun's era.

Kasanip
2009-06-30, 12:52 AM
My absolute first tabletop gaming experience was playing 3.5 with a party consisting of two jedi (I was the padawan) who had crashed on a planet that was the fantasy DnD world the DM used. This was before Saga, and apart from the vitality system the Star Wars games used at the time (which we dropped) we used everything pretty much as core, and it worked out pretty balanced.
*shrugs* :smallsmile:

Tempest Fennac
2009-06-30, 12:54 AM
Regarding what Psychic Warriors can do, would exchanging some of their less relevant Powers for things which are better suited to Jedi-mimicing be a good idea?

Doc Roc
2009-06-30, 12:59 AM
They can already get whatever they need using expanded knowledge. Either ardent or psychic warrior would work lovely.

Draz74
2009-06-30, 01:35 AM
They can already get whatever they need using expanded knowledge. Either ardent or psychic warrior would work lovely.

Very true. Possibly with a Monk dip.

I came up with a Psychic Warrior Jedi build a while back that did a lot of the iconic things:

Level 1: Hidden Talent, Speed of Thought, Skill Focus (concentration); Precognition, Inertial Armor
Level 2: Linked Power; Adrenaline Boost
Level 3: Power Attack; Urban Strider
Level 4: Hustle
Level 5: Psionic Meditation; Metaphysical Weapon
Level 6: Martial Study (Action before Thought); Detect Hostile Intent
Level 7: Body Purification
Level 8: Cleave; Defensive Precognition
Level 9: Expanded Knowledge; Telekinetic Boomerang, Psionic Suggestion
Level 10: Psionic Freedom of Movement
Level 11: Martial Study (Insightful Strike); Prowess
Level 12: Expanded Knowledge; Telekinetic Thrust, Psionic Lion's Charge
Level 13: Perfect Riposte
Level 14: Expanded Knowledge; Offensive Precognition, Psychic Reformation
Level 15: Martial Study (Ruby Nightmare Blade); Adapt Body
Level 16: Personal Mind Blank
Level 17: Expanded Knowledge; Dispelling Buffer, Schism
Level 18: Martial Stance (Hearing the Air); Energy Adaptation
Level 19: Inconstant Location
Level 20: Expanded Knowledge; Suspend Life, Power Resistance

Faleldir
2009-06-30, 04:56 AM
Don't forget, Psiwarriors have an ACF the trades their 2nd-level bonus feat for an Ardent mantle.

Thrawn183
2009-06-30, 05:20 AM
Couldn't body adjustment be used for the healing trance?

KIDS
2009-06-30, 05:22 AM
I've successfully used bard as a Jedi, going into Dervish PrC later.

Fascinate/Suggestion: Mind Trick
Spells:
CLW = Force Healing
Expeditious Retreat = Force Speed
Feather Fall = well... Jedi can survive ludicrous falls
Swift Expeditious Retreat = Force Jump (+12 to jump check for 1 turn)
Blade Spin (or whatever that spell from Complete Arcane was named): Lightsaber Throw.

Proficiency with Longsword and prereqs. for Dervish fit well with Jedi fighting style. You use Longsword in one hand or both hands, like the classic lightsaber. Add flaming or brilliant energy enchantment later for true feel.

Dervish Dance: classic example of Jedi fighting, mobility and bonuses to AC and dmg while moving, cleave, etc.

kemmotar
2009-06-30, 07:35 AM
You can also have a lightsaber...kind of...just make a sword with the radiant property and an elemental damage property for color and effect....

As for sword type, I'd think rapier for the form of the lightsaber, but a lightsaber (unless i'm mistaken) also cuts with the blade and not just the tip..

archon_huskie
2009-06-30, 07:43 AM
I too was thinking sorcerer or bard for the Jedi.
You can replace some of the bard's musical powers for spell-like abilities.

And if you want a lightsaber, well you could be silly and give him a calvary sword made out of mithral. That would make it a "light" saber.

KillianHawkeye
2009-06-30, 08:01 AM
As for sword type, I'd think rapier for the form of the lightsaber, but a lightsaber (unless i'm mistaken) also cuts with the blade and not just the tip..

Longsword or bastard sword are definitely a better fit than a rapier, since you don't normally swing a rapier with two hands nor do you do a ton of stabbing with a lightsaber (unless you're going for the coup de grace). On the other hand, the rapier would be perfect if you wanted a lightfoil rather than the traditional lightsaber.

AstralFire
2009-06-30, 08:13 AM
Slightly expand the Wilder's skill list to reflect a Jedi's. Remove psychic enervation. Reduce power points at each level by a third. Increase hit dice to d8.

Then give your player a soulknife's mindblade as a piece of equipment. (Not a class feature, but a piece of equipment.) Make sure it autoscales with level and counts against his wealth for the level.

Tada. Jedi.

Doc Roc
2009-06-30, 08:34 AM
Again, I'm going to remind people that there are a number of excellent spell-derived weapons that can serve as direct emulations of a light saber. No need to buy crappy weapons and then attach crappy weapon properties to them. :)

AstralFire
2009-06-30, 08:44 AM
The soulknife is a pretty awesome weapon. It's just a terrible class feature.

Doc Roc
2009-06-30, 08:44 AM
Yes, and most GMs will try to make you take at least a few levels of soulknife to get it. This is a tarp.

AstralFire
2009-06-30, 08:46 AM
Hence why I said just give it as an item. I think spell weapons are kind of cheating since they don't count against WBL.

Irreverent Fool
2009-06-30, 09:27 AM
OP said without the lightsaber and is looking for ways to emulate force push.

I dug out my Star Wars RPG d20 book and it's not very helpful in this area. Basic force abilities are handled via skill checks. Move Object in particular is the one a 'force push' would fall under and also includes levitation of creatures and objects. The DC starts at 10 for very light objects and goes up by 5 for progressively heavier objects. If it's used to levitate or throw a creature, a will save is allowed based on class level (not the skill check result). It's not very good for attacks that do damage.

It doesn't translate that well to D&D unfortunately.

The telekinesis spell comes to mind. I don't know why it didn't sooner.

obnoxious
sig

kemmotar
2009-06-30, 09:43 AM
well there was this PrC in complete arcane (I think), 5 level progression, based around telekinesis...

Can't be sure atm, at work without books. But it sounds like it emulate force push pull etc quite well...

Person_Man
2009-06-30, 09:45 AM
I actually have a homebrew Force Adept (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92407) class based on Force Unleashed and the Soulknife that I've playtested in a campaign. It is ridiculously fun. In terms of power level, it's about the same as a weak Tome of Battle build. One of your players might be interested:

Force Adept
d6 hit dice
4 Skill Points per level
Class Skills: Autohypnosis, Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Heal, Jump, Knowledge (Psionics), Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble.
Weapon and Armor Prof: Simple weapons and light armor, no shields.

{table=head]Level|
BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Abilities
1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+2| Psychic Weapon +1, Psychic Weapon Ability
2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+3| Psychic Talent
3rd|
+3|
+1|
+3|
+3| Psychic Weapon Power
4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+4| Force Combo (1 per encounter)
5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+4| Psychic Weapon +2, Psychic Weapon Ability
6th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+5|
+5| Psychic Talent
7th|
+7/+2|
+2|
+5|
+5| Psychic Weapon Power
8th|
+8/+3|
+2|
+6|
+6| Force Combo (2 per encounter)
9th|
+9/+4|
+3|
+6|
+6 | Uncanny Dodge
10th|
+10/+5|
+3|
+7|
+7| Psychic Weapon +3, Psychic Weapon Ability, Psychic Talent
11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+3|
+7|
+7 | Psychic Weapon Power
12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+4|
+8|
+8| Force Combo (3 per encounter)
13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+4|
+8|
+8| Evasion
14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+4|
+9|
+9 | Psychic Talent
15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+5|
+9|
+9| Psychic Weapon +4, Psychic Weapon Ability, Psychic Weapon Power
16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+10|
+10| Force Combo (4 per encounter)
17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10| Force Focus
18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11| Psychic Talent
19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11| Psychic Weapon Power, Force Mastery
20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12| Psychic Weapon +5, Psychic Weapon Ability, Psychic Talent, Force Combo (5 per encounter)
[/table]

Psychic Weapon (Su):
As a Move action, you may manifest one simple weapon out of psychic energy. This weapon acts exactly like a mundane weapon of the same type. Any Psychic Weapon that you manifest has a +1 enhancement bonus to hit and damage. This increases by another +1 every five levels, to a maximum of +5 at level 20. This bonus applies to any Psychic Weapon, ammunition, and shield that you manifest with this ability, as do all Psychic Weapon powers that you manifest.

You may also manifest any simple object or tool. You may manifest up to 1 cubic foot of material per Force Adept level. For example, you could manifest a rope, shovel, mirror, wall, etc. If you wish to manifest a complex object, you must make the appropriate Craft check, with a DC set by your DM. These objects behave exactly as a mundane object of the same type.

You may only manifest one weapon or object at a given time. If you lose physical contact with the weapon or object, it dissipates at the end of your turn. If you lose consciousness for any reason, the weapon or object dissipates immediately. You may alter the minor features of the weapon or object, such as color, at will when you create the item. Any weapon, object, shield, or armor that you manifest with this ability has a hardness and hit points of 10 + your Force Adept class level, though you’re free to make it lower if you choose. You may dismiss any Psychic Weapon effect as a free action.

Anything that you manifest with this ability counts as a Force effect. This allows it to hit incorporeal enemies normally. However, the damage dealt by your Psychic Weapon still counts as physical damage.

If anything created with your Psychic Weapon ability is destroyed, you must make a Will Saving Throw (DC = damage dealt to object) or be Stunned for 1 round.

Psychic Weapon Ability (Su):
At first level, you gain the ability to manifest your Psychic Weapon in a new way. You gain an additional Psychic Weapon ability at 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th levels as well.

Unless otherwise noted, you may only select each Psychic Weapon Ability once. Choose from the following list:

Armor: You gain the ability to manifest Force armor. This is in addition to your ability to manifest one Psychic Weapon or object. It grants an armor bonus of 4 + the enhancement bonus to your Psychic Weapon (max +9 at 20th level). Your armor counts as a Force effect, and thus fully applies to your Touch AC and to attacks from Ethereal enemies. Furthermore, it imposes no armor check penalty, max Dexterity bonus, or spellcasting failure. It does not penalize your movement, and you count as not wearing any armor for other feats or class abilities.

Martial Weapon: You gain the ability to manifest all martial weapons as a Psychic Weapon. You gain proficiency with all martial weapons that you manifest as a Psychic Weapon.

Ammunition: You gain the ability to manifest all ammunition as a Psychic Weapon, such as arrows, darts, bolts, shuriken, etc. You also gain the ability to manifest any Psychic Weapon ammunition as a free action. This allows you to make a full attack with a ranged weapons and certain thrown weapons - though each Psychic Weapon still dissipates as soon as you attack your enemy and then manifest the next Psychic Weapon (or at the end of your turn, if you choose not to manifest a replacement). If ammunition that you manifest is fired from a magic weapon, the special properties of your ammunition stack with the properties of the weapon, following the same rules as regular magic ammunition fired from a magic weapon (for example, Enhancement bonuses still do not stack).

Exotic Weapon: You gain the ability to manifest one exotic weapon of your choice as a Psychic Weapon. You also gain proficiency with this exotic weapon when you manifest it as a Psychic Weapon. You may take this ability multiple times. Each time you take this ability, you gain proficiency with an additional exotic weapon.

Multiple Weapons: You may now manifest two Psychic Weapons or objects at once, instead of one. (Or one weapon and an object, or two objects). This allows you to use Two Weapon Fighting with your Psychic Weapons, though you must still qualify for and take the feats as appropriate to avoid the penalties for fighting with two weapons. You may take this ability multiple times. Each time you take it, you may manifest one additional weapon or object. This allows a Force Adept with multiple arms to use Multi-Weapon Fighting.

Shield: You gain the ability to manifest a shield as a Psychic Weapon. This is in addition to your ability to manifest one Psychic Weapon or object. You may manifest a buckler, light, medium, or heavy shield. If you wish, the shield also counts as having shield spikes, making it count as one size larger for the purpose of dealing damage. The shield has an enhancement bonus equal to your Psychic Weapon's enhancement bonus, which applies both to it's shield AC bonus and your attack bonus, as if it had been enchanted separately as a weapon. You also gain proficiency with any Psychic Weapon shield that you manifest. Your armor counts as a Force effect, and thus fully applies to your Touch AC and to attacks from Ethereal enemies, although attacks with a Psychic Weapon shield still count as physical damage just as they do with a normal Psychic Weapon. Furthermore, it imposes no armor check penalty, max Dexterity bonus, or spellcasting failure.

Special Material: Choose any one material, such as adamantine, cold iron, mithril, or star metal. Instead of a Force effect, you may manifest anything that you create with your Psychic Weapon ability as that material. If you have the ability to manifest armor and/or a shield, you may also manifest them as a special material. When you manifest an item from a special material, it takes on the properties of that material. This includes hardness, hit points, and ability to effect enemies with damage reduction. For armor and shields, this also includes armor check penalty, weight, spellcasting failure, etc. When manifested as a special material, your effects cease to be a Force effects (and thus ethereal enemies would gain their standard benefits against you, and your armor and shield bonuses no longer apply to touch attacks). Objects manifested with your Psychic Weapon ability still dissipate like any other Psychic Weapon or object. You may choose this ability multiple times. Each time you take this ability, you may manifest your Psychic Weapon as one additional material.

Psychic Talent (Su):
At 2nd, 6th, 10th, 14th, 18th, and 20th levels, you gain a Psychic Talent. Force Talents have a range of 5 feet per Force Adept level. For all Psychic Talents, you count as medium size, regardless of your actual size. Other modifiers and feats that improve or hinder your Disarm, Trip, Grapple, or Bull Rush attempts apply to the effects of Psychic Talents.

Psychic Talents are fueled by Force Points. With the exception of Force Energy, each Psychic Talent takes 2 Force Points to activate. You have a number of Force Points equal to your Force Adept level. You may regain your Force Points by taking a full round action and making a Concentration check = 10 + number of Force Points you wish to rejuvenate. If you fail this check, you do not rejuvenate any Force Points. This action does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You may not manifest any Force Talent during a round that you regain Force Points.

You may spend additional Force Points to enhance your Psychic Talents. You may spend more then one Force Point per round in this fashion, and the bonuses stack.

If another Force Adept attempts to use a Force Talent, you may make a Knowledge (Psionics) check (DC = 10 + Force Adept level of your enemy) as a Free Action to recognize the Force Talent and the total number of Force Points that your enemy is using to activate and enhance it. If you possess the same Force Talent, as an Immediate action you may spend the same number of Force Points to negate your enemy’s use of that Force Talent, or you may spend any number of Force points to reduce the amount he enhances it by. For example, if an enemy Force Adept uses Force Grip against you and spends a total of 8 Force points to activate and enhance it, and you make a successful Knowledge (Psionics) check to identify it, you may spend 8 Force Points as an Immediate Action to negate it, or 6 (or fewer) Force Points to decrease his enhancement to that Force Power by the same number.

Force Talents are Supernatural abilities, and thus are not effected by Spell Resistance or Power Resistance, and do not provoke an attack of opportunity to use.

With the exception of Force Energy, you may only choose each Talent once. Each time you gain this ability, you may choose any one Talent from the following list:

Force Energy: Instead of a new Talent, you gain 2 Force Points, in addition to the Force Points gained from your Force Adept levels. You must be at least a 6th level Force Adept to take this Talent.

Force Explosion: As a Full Round Action make a Bull Rush attempt, using your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength modifier as a bonus for the opposed roll, against all targets within 5 feet per Force Adept level. This action applies to all targets, including all enemies, allies, and objects. You may decrease the radius of the Force Explosion, but you may not shape the blast (it goes in all directions, including up and down).

Movement causes by Force Explosion does not provoke an attack of opportunity from you, although it does provoke from others. Targets are effected simultaneously though, and may not make an attack of opportunity on an enemy moved by Force Explosion if they also fail their Force Explosion opposed check. Targets are always pushed directly away from you in a strait line.

If the target is pushed into a wall or other solid object, they take damage as if they fell, 1d6 damage for every 10 feet pushed. If the enemy is pushed into an occupied square, the enemy's movement stops, but they must both make a Reflex Save (DC = your opposed check result) or be knocked Prone.

You may spend additional Force Points to enhance this Talent. For each additional Force Point you spend, you gain +1 to your opposed Bull Rush check.

Force Grip: As a full round action make a Grapple check against a single enemy, using your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength modifier as a bonus for the opposed roll. If you succeed, your enemy counts as being Grappled. You do not count as being Grappled, but you do lose your Dex bonus to AC for as long as this Talent is active as it requires a level of focus to maintain.

You may maintain Force Grip each round as a full round action as part of the same Force Grip use. Once each round (including the round that you initiate the Grapple) you may make another opposed check to pin, move, or deal damage against your enemy. If you move your enemy, you may move them 5 feet in any direction for every 5 points that you beat them on your opposed check. If the enemy is pushed into a wall, they take damage as if they fell, 1d6 damage for every 10 feet pushed. (You could even push your enemy strait up, and then let them fall down, if you chose). If the enemy is pushed into another enemy, the movement stops, but they must both make a Reflex Save (DC = your opposed check result) or be knocked Prone. If you choose to deal damage, you deal 1d6 damage, +1d6 for every three Force Adept levels that you have, to a maximum of 7d6 at 18th level. On his turn the enemy may make opposed Grapple checks as normal to free himself. If at any point you lose an opposed check, the Force Grip is ended.

You may use this Talent to move an unattended object weighing up to 25 lbs for every Force Adept levels you possess automatically. You may move it at a speed of 5 feet for every Force Adept levels you posses. You may spend additional Force Points to enhance this Talent. For each additional Force Point you spend, you gain +1 to your opposed Grapple check, and you may move an additional 25 lbs of weight on an unattended object. You must pay any enhancement cost each round that you maintain a Force Grip on an enemy. However, after the first round of successfully moving an unattended object, you do not need to pay the enhancement cost on your Force Grip. For example, if you Force Grip a box weighing 100 lbs (4 Force Points), then maintaining that grip only costs 1 point per round thereafter.

Force Lightning: As a Standard Action, you may manifest your Force power as pure energy. Make a ranged touch attack against a single enemy within range. If you hit, you deal 2d4 points of Electricity damage, and the enemy takes a -2 penalty to its Dexterity for 1d4 rounds. If the enemy is non-living (construct, undead) you deal 4d4 points of damage instead, and the enemy is Dazed for 1d4 rounds. A Fortitude Save (DC = 10 + your Wis bonus) prevents half of the damage and the Dexterity penalty or Daze effect. The penalties and durations of multiple Force Lighting uses against the same enemy overlap.

You may spend additional Force Points to enhance this Talent. For every two additional points you spend, you increase the damage dealt by 2d4 (or 4d4 for non-living enemies), and increase the Save DC by 1, and increase the Dexterity penalty by 2.

Force Move: As a Swift action you may manifest Hustle (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Hustle). You may use this action to Move, to activate your Psychic Weapon ability, or any other Move Action.

You may spend additional Force Points to enhance this Talent. For 1 Force Point, you may manifest Feather Fall (www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/featherfall.htm) until the beginning of your next turn. For 2 Force Points, you may manifest Spider Climb (www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spiderclimb.htm) until the beginning of your next turn. For 3 Force Points, you may manifest Air Walk (www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/airwalk.htm) until the end of your turn. Assuming you have the Force Points available, in order to avoid falling and/or damage at the beginning of each of your turns you may manifest the enhanced Force Move again each round to continue your Feather Fall, Spider Climb, or Air Walk. Each of these effects are in addition to the normal effect of gaining an extra Move Action from Hustle.

Force Pull: As a Standard Action, make a Disarm check against a single enemy, using your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength modifier as a bonus for the opposed roll. You count as using a one handed weapon for this check. If you succeed, you may pull any one object from your enemy, including anything that he is holding, wielding, carrying, or wearing, except for armor or clothing (though your DM may allow you to pull a hat, helmet, or similar worn items, depending on how securely it is fastened). If you have a free hand, you may take the object directly into your hand. Otherwise, it falls harmlessly into your square.

You may use this Talent to pull an unattended object weighing up to 25 lbs for every Force Adept levels you possess automatically. You may move it at a speed of 5 feet for every Force Adept levels you posses. You may spend additional Force Points to enhance this Talent. For each additional Force Point you spend, you gain +1 to your opposed Disarm check, and you may move an additional 25 lbs of weight on an unattended object.

Force Push: As a Standard Action, make a Bull Rush attempt against a single enemy, using your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength modifier as a bonus for the opposed roll.

Movement causes by Force Push does not provoke an attack of opportunity from you, although it does provoke from others. You may choose the direction your enemy is pushed, as long as it is not towards you. If the enemy is pushed into a wall or other solid object, they take damage as if they fell, 1d6 damage for every 10 feet pushed. (You could even push your enemy strait up, and then let them fall down, if you chose). If the enemy is pushed into an occupied square, the enemy's movement stops, but they must both make a Reflex Save (DC = your opposed check result) or be knocked Prone.

You may use this Talent to push an unattended object weighing up to 25 lbs for every Force Adept levels you possess automatically. You may move it at a speed of 5 feet for every Force Adept levels you posses. You may spend additional Force Points to enhance this Talent. For each additional Force Point you spend, you gain +1 to your opposed Bull Rush check, and you may move an additional 25 lbs of weight on an unattended object.

Psychic Weapon Power (Su):
At third level and every four levels thereafter (7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th) your Psychic Weapon gains a new power. These power applies to any Psychic Weapon, ammunition, or shield that you manifest with your Psychic Weapon ability. You may choose any Power from the following list:

Block: Whenever you are attacked by a melee attack (including melee touch attacks) that includes physical and/or Force damage as a component of the attack, you may attempt to Block it as an Immediate Action. If you choose to use this power, you must declare that you are using it after your enemy successfully hits you but before the DM announces damage or effects of the attack. Make an attack roll, using your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength (or any other ability score) modifier as a bonus to hit. If your modified attack roll is higher then the enemy’s modified attack roll, the attack is negated. If your modified attack roll is 5 points higher then your enemy’s modified attack roll, then the attack is redirected back against the enemy. Resolve the attack against the enemy’s AC (or touch AC, if it was a touch attack) as if the enemy had attacked themselves.

Defending: You may transfer some or all of your Psychic Weapon's Enhancement bonus as an Insight bonus to your Armor Class and to resist any opposed Bull Rush, Disarm, Grapple, Overrun, or Trip attempt made against you. You may choose how to allocate the Psychic Weapon’s enhancement bonus once per turn as a Free Action. You do not gain this bonus on opposed checks resulting from any attack or Force Talent that you initiate. Insight bonuses do not stack with other Insight bonuses, so if you have two Psychic Weapons manifested you only gain your Psychic Weapon's Defending bonus once.

Deflect: Whenever you are attacked by a ranged attack (including ranged touch attacks) that includes physical and/or Force damage as a component of the attack, you may attempt to Deflect it as an Immediate action. If you choose to use this power, you must declare that you are using it after your enemy successfully hits you but before the DM announces damage or effects of the attack. Make an attack roll, using your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength (or any other ability score) modifier as a bonus to hit. If your modified attack roll is higher then the enemy’s modified attack roll, the attack is negated. If your modified attack roll is 5 points higher then your enemy’s modified attack roll, then the attack is deflected against the enemy. Resolve the attack against the enemy’s AC (or touch AC, if it was a touch attack) as if the enemy had attacked themselves.

Illumination: You can control the illumination of anything that you manifest with your psychic weapon ability. It may be as bright as a Daylight (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Daylight) spell, or as dark as a Deeper Darkness (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Deeper_Darkness) spell. You may alter the intensity and range of the light or darkness as a Move action, increasing or decreasing the area of effect as you like, from as little as a radius of 5 feet, up to the maximum of 60 feet.

You do not suffer any ill effects from light or darkness created by your psychic weapon ability. For example, an orc Force Adept wouldn’t suffer the penalties from the light of using Daylight, nor would he suffer from the 20% miss penalty of using Deeper Darkness. However, all others within your area of effect (including allies) take penalties as normal. You cannot use light and darkness effects at the same time, even if you can manifest more than one Psychic Weapon at a time. If you manifest both, they cancel each other out. If someone else manifests or casts a magical light or darkness effect, it can cancel yours out following the standard rules for doing so.

Keen: Any Psychic Weapon (including a Psychic Weapon shield) that you manifest has the Keen property. This property does not stack with any other Keen effect.

Opposition: Choose one alignment from the following list; Lawful, Good, Chaotic, or Evil. You may not share that component as part of your own alignment. Whenever you hit and deal damage with your Psychic Weapon against an enemy who has that alignment component, you deal an additional 1d6 points of Force damage to them. You may choose this Talent more then once. Each time you choose it, you deal an additional 1d6 points of damage against your chosen opposition alignment. If you change alignments to share your opposition alignment, you must reassign this ability to a different opposition alignment.

Resistance: As long as you are wielding a Psychic Weapon, Psychic Weapon shield, or wearing armor manifested with your Psychic Weapon ability, you gain Energy Resistance 10 against all Electricity and Force effects (such as Magic Missile and Force Lightning, but not damage from Psychic Weapons because they count as physical damage). You may choose this ability more then once. Each time you choose it, you increase your Energy Resistance by 10 points. Energy Resistance from other sources overlap. If you select this power as all five of your Psychic Weapon powers you gain Energy Immunity to Electricity and Force effects, and immunity to all Daze, Paralysis, and Stun effects (including the Stun effect of having a Psychic Weapon destroyed).

Throw: You may throw any Psychic Weapon or Psychic Weapon shield that you manifest. It automatically returns to your hand immediately after your attack. If the Psychic Weapon already has a ranged increment, such as a javelin, you may use that ranged increment. Otherwise, it has range increment of 10 ft. You may take this ability multiple times. Each time you take it, the range increment of all Psychic Weapons and Psychic Weapon shields that you manifest increases by 10 feet.

Force Combo: (Su)
Immediately after successfully attacking an enemy and dealing damage with a Psychic Weapon or Force Talent, you may manifest a single Force Talent that you know as an Immediate Action. You must have enough Force Points to manifest the power, and you must pay the full Force Point cost for doing so. You may enhance the Force Talent as usual, paying the additional Force Point cost as usual.

You may do this once per encounter at 4th level, and one additional time for every four levels you possess.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex):
Uncanny Dodge: At 9th level you gain the Uncanny Dodge ability. If a character already has Uncanny Dodge from another class, the character gains Improved Uncanny Dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant Uncanny Dodge stack to determine the minimum level a Rogue must be to flank the character.

Evasion (Ex):
At 13th level you gain the Evasion ability. If a character already has Evasion from another class, the character gains Improved Evasion instead.

Force Focus (Su):
At 17th level you gain an increased clarity of mind. As an Immediate Action you may spend Force Points to gain that number of points an Insight bonus to any one Wisdom based Skill check (Autohypnosis, Heal, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, or Survival) or Initiative check. You also gain the ability to take Immediate Actions when you are Flat Footed. Insight bonuses from multiple sources do not stack.

Psychic Force Mastery (Su):
Once per day when you use Force Explosion, Force Grip, Force Lightning, Force Pull, or Force Push you may channel massive amounts of psychic power. The range of that Psychic Talent effect is extended to anything within your line of sight. There is no weight limit, as long as the entire object is within your line of sight. Any attack roll or opposed check that you roll is automatically maximized, as if you had rolled a natural 20. For an attack roll, this counts as a critical hit (dealing *2 damage if the Talent deals damage). Any damage dice that result from this attack (including damage from falling or being pushed into an object) are also maximized. Your DM may exclude ridiculously large objects that have their own gravity field, such as planets, moons, stars, etc.

AstralFire
2009-06-30, 10:41 AM
You know, honestly, you could probably put a Jedi in straight from Star Wars Saga without too much issue. The damaging Force Powers would need a more reliable way to be increased at higher levels, but it'd be doable.

Eldariel
2009-06-30, 11:05 AM
I Nth Ardent for the best solution outside homebrew. It has tools to pick up just the Mantles you want, and medium BAB to boot. Lacks Psy War's bonus feats, but c'est la vie; Ardent can actually multiclass a bit thanks to Practiced Spellcaster working as it does, so Psy War 2/Ardent X/Slayer 10 would also be an option (just as an example; Psy War could instead be Fighter, Ranger or whatever).