PDA

View Full Version : O-Chul

Kwinza
2009-06-30, 04:56 AM
i just realised somthing, due to o-chuls lack of CHA he might be the veriant paladin;
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#paladin
what do you guys think?

Captain Alien
2009-06-30, 06:02 AM
I don't think Rich would use a class variant unless it is important for the story.

If O-Chul was that paladin variant, it would matter little, so I don't think Rich would do it.

factotum
2009-06-30, 06:48 AM
We don't even know how many Paladin levels O-Chul has--he started as a fighter, after all. His distinct lack of using any paladin powers (apart from Smite Evil) might simply be that they're too low level to be of any use to him.

Snake-Aes
2009-06-30, 06:57 AM
We don't even know how many Paladin levels O-Chul has--he started as a fighter, after all. His distinct lack of using any paladin powers (apart from Smite Evil) might simply be that they're too low level to be of any use to him.

Charisma as a dump stat implies that he has, at best, cha 10. No lay on hands for O-Chul.

Captain Alien
2009-06-30, 07:07 AM
When he was in the tower, trying to retrieve the phylactery, he only used "Smite Evil" once. I guess he has no more than one "Smite Evil" per day. That would explain why he has no holy mount. He has no more than 4 levels in the Paladin class.

Random832
2009-06-30, 07:28 AM
Charisma as a dump stat implies that he has, at best, cha 10. No lay on hands for O-Chul.

Technically it implies that he had, at best, cha 17, at first level. It's probably a bit lower than that, but we can't assign a specific upper limit - but "he attributed it as the reason he failed a bluff check" is a good basis to say it's probably no higher than 13.

Elfin
2009-06-30, 11:48 AM
I'd say that O-chul is not a very high level paladin, definitely less than 5th. Although I'd peg his Cha at 13 (though maybe 14).
But, no I don't think he has that variant.

Ron Miel
2009-06-30, 12:18 PM
What makes you think he has no holy mount? Maybe he just hasn't had the occasion to use it yet.

factotum
2009-06-30, 12:32 PM
What makes you think he has no holy mount? Maybe he just hasn't had the occasion to use it yet.

Well, when we're speculating about someone's level or what-have-you, it's best to go by the information that has actually been confirmed rather than randomly assuming things we haven't seen. We haven't seen O-Chul use a holy mount so we have to assume he doesn't have one, up to the point the Pokeball comes out and he rides into battle...

Optimystik
2009-06-30, 12:54 PM
When he was in the tower, trying to retrieve the phylactery, he only used "Smite Evil" once. I guess he has no more than one "Smite Evil" per day. That would explain why he has no holy mount. He has no more than 4 levels in the Paladin class.

This is an interesting theory. He only smites once in the throne room as well. Certainly if he had more than one, he would have used it on the phylactery. I'm thinking he's a Fighter X/Paladin 1.

NerfTW
2009-06-30, 01:46 PM
This is an interesting theory. He only smites once in the throne room as well. Certainly if he had more than one, he would have used it on the phylactery. I'm thinking he's a Fighter X/Paladin 1.

That's my favorite theory too. We also never see him use Lay on Hands, even on himself.