PDA

View Full Version : Build advice/ critque

Fan
2009-06-30, 08:51 AM
Now, before you read this, this build contains horrifying amounts of template abuse and cheese. However, it is warranted as this guy will hopefully be going up against DOOMS DAY the annhilhator of SUPER MAN.

Order of template/Race application, and sources: Star Elf (Unapproachable East.), Dry Lich (Sandstorm), Evolved Undead (11 levels, and Libris Mortis.), and Worm that Walks (SRD), then after all of this I finish the Rimefire Witch Prestige Class shifting my type to Fey, and netting me another +2 cha. +28 Racial Cha, +22 Racial Strength, +0 racial int, +2 racial wisdom. +27 Natural Armor, and a +20 Insight bonus to armor class starting me out with a fearsome 57 AC. I have already rolled the random chance for the Worm that Walks template to be used without the epic spell.

Class levels in order of application: Sorcerer 6/Rime Fire Witch 10/ Arch mage 4/Epic Arch mage 1. Other side of Gestalt. Dry Lich 4/Eu 11/Paladin of Tyranny 2 (Cha to saves)/Hex Blade 2 (mettle, very nice.)/War blade 2.

This nets me 6 levels of full BaB which is impressive considering my template stacking here, and a good 16 BAB for my full four attacks with natural BaB. With the obvious Gishness of this build with a focus on casting, I think it's obvious that this has so far been fairly kick ass.

Stat Allocation:
Strength: A very nice 14 (36 after racial mods.), and a +5 tome for a beautiful 41 base strength. Belt of Magnifence for +6 more, for a 47 strength with items.
Dexterity: Another 14 (8 points), a +6 item for a 20. (+5)
Constitution: Previously dumped. 0 points.
Intelligence: 16, +2 racial for a 18 base, +6 from belt of magnifience.
Charisma: My most important stat invested with a full 18, and spending all my points in addition to a tome for a 27 base before racial modifiers. Then with racial modifiers a 51. Then belt of magnifience bringing it up to a MIGHTY 57. As a Dry Lich I get to apply this modifier to my HP.
Wisdom: 8, then a racial 10, boosted to 16 with Belt of Magnifience.
Feat Selection:
1st level: Spell focus: (Transmutation)
Flaw feat 1: Spell focus (Conjuration)
Flaw Feat 2: Piercing Cold Metamagic
3rd level: Arcane Disciple (destiny)
Oytugh Hole: Iron Will (3000 GP)
6th level: Mark of Helid
9th level: Skill focus (Knowledge (arcana)
12 level:Skill focus (spell craft)
15th level: Empower Spell
18th: Arcane Thesis (Frost Fell)
21st level epic feat: ????

Items:
Monk's Torc (re slotted monks belt, paid for.)
Tome of Gainful Exericise +5 (Read, and paid for)
Canopic Jars (Dry lich, paid for)
Special Burial Plot for Worm that Walks (10,000 GP, paid for.)
Belt of magnifience +6
Tome of Leadership +5 (Read, and paid for.)
Gloves of use activated true strike, and arcane power. (hand slot, and paid for.)

Arch mage arcane power selections:
Arcane spell power X2: For added bonuses against spell resistance
Mastery of Shaping: Yah now, for when the kill cloud encompasses your allies too.
Spell like ability: Piercing Cold Frost Fell. (Frost burn damage plus piercing cold is THAT radius twice a day? Thank you very much. And if they fail the save their turned to Ice... How much better can you get?)

I have a considerably less chessy version of this guy who is built for fluff rather then this amount of cheese, so please no OMG HAX, U R sO bR0k3n, \/\/hY y0U l\l07 p74Y Pul\l pUl\l, or other storm wind fallacy comments, I know this wont stop them, it's merely a polite thing that I request of those of you who don't like people doing these sorts of things.

I'm looking for ways to make this guy SURVIVABLE against a creature who has shown itself to be able to leap 1000 feet as a immediate action, and make a attack that deals over 100 damage with it AFTER my damage reduction, and can rip a Solar in half 3 times in a single full attack. This creature naturally scares the ever living hell out of me even with this.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-06-30, 09:08 AM
You can't go from Undead to Fey, check The Type Pyramid in Savage Species, page 142. Relevant portion:

Construct, Outsider, Undead: These three types reside
at the top of the pyramid. Once a creature becomes an
undead or a construct through the application of a template,
it cannot become something else. Once a creature
stops being a native of the Material Plane, it becomes an
outsider and stays one.
The only way to not be undead any more would be through some sort of resurrection effect, in which case you would lose everything gained from the undead templates, including Evolved Undead.

Get the feat Extraordinary Spell Aim in Complete Adventurer. Get Persistent Spell with either Incantatrix 4+ or Divine Metamagic: Persistent. Get a Starmantle Cloak from BoED. Cast a Persistent Antimagic Field every day, using Extraordinary Spell Aim so it doesn't have any affect on you, your spells, or your attended items. Any attacks made against you will be under the effect of the AMF and considered a nonmagical weapon, which the Starmantle Cloak will automatically destroy. It doesn't matter if an attack is made with a manufactured weapon or a natural weapon, both are weapons and both will be destroyed by the Starmantle.

Get Epic Spellcasting for your level 21 feat. Create an epic spell that takes enough other spellcasters to contribute spell slots to for it to have a DC of 0. The time it takes to research is multiplied by zero and occurs instantly. The cost to research it is multiplied by zero and it's free. The spell has an instantaneous duration, just like using Wish to increase an ability score, so it cannot be dispelled and its effect cannot be suppressed in any way. The spell's effect is the Reflect seed for melee attacks, you spent a thousand years casting it every day, each one has five charges, so you can reflect a total of 1,825,000 attacks before it gets used up. Every time this opponent attacks you, the attack is instead reflected back on him, damaging him instead of you. There is no way to overcome this effect apart from either not making melee attacks against you or by attacking you enough times to exhaust the number of charges.

Fan
2009-06-30, 09:13 AM
You can't go from Undead to Fey, check The Type Pyramid in Savage Species, page 142. Relevant portion:

The only way to not be undead any more would be through some sort of resurrection effect, in which case you would lose everything gained from the undead templates, including Evolved Undead.

Get the feat Extraordinary Spell Aim in Complete Adventurer. Get Persistent Spell with either Incantatrix 4+ or Divine Metamagic: Persistent. Get a Starmantle Cloak from BoED. Cast a Persistent Antimagic Field every day, using Extraordinary Spell Aim so it doesn't have any affect on you, your spells, or your attended items. Any attacks made against you will be under the effect of the AMF and considered a nonmagical weapon, which the Starmantle Cloak will automatically destroy. It doesn't matter if an attack is made with a manufactured weapon or a natural weapon, both are weapons and both will be destroyed by the Starmantle.

Get Epic Spellcasting for your level 21 feat. Create an epic spell that takes enough other spellcasters to contribute spell slots to for it to have a DC of 0. The time it takes to research is multiplied by zero and occurs instantly. The cost to research it is multiplied by zero and it's free. The spell has an instantaneous duration, just like using Wish to increase an ability score, so it cannot be dispelled and its effect cannot be suppressed in any way. The spell's effect is the Reflect seed for melee attacks, you spent a thousand years casting it every day, each one has five charges, so you can reflect a total of 1,825,000 attacks before it gets used up. Every time this opponent attacks you, the attack is instead reflected back on him, damaging him instead of you. There is no way to overcome this effect apart from either not making melee attacks against you or by attacking you enough times to exhaust the number of charges.

Incantrix has been specifically banned, and I remember receving this advice from you before back a year ago (I even have it saved in a PM). Right now I'm looking for something that hasn't been done to death, and common char op tricks. Thanks for the advice none the less though.:smallsmile:
As for the type pyramid your right, but is it over come by something that specfically forces it on you? I thought one could be a Undead Fey.... Guess I was wrong.